Is this tablet pc worth the money I just paid!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Garysafc25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Garysafc25
Member since 2012 • 142 Posts

Hey guys I have just bought a tablet pc it looks decent enough from what I have seen. I will use it for some casual gaming, youtube and browsing the intetnet. It also says the tablet has flash 11.1 installed does this mean I can play facebook games.? So yeah guys I just bought this I'm not sure if it is a good deal or not you guys are the experts will this do everything I want and is it worth the money. Cheers

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270969035362?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_5619wt_1037

James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

meh it looks ok enough, but you get what you pay for.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
Should have waited for Windows 8 Tablets.... would have had a full blown OS.
thphaca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 thphaca
Member since 2005 • 202 Posts

When it comes to those no-brand ebay items, you should ALWAYS look at the youtube reviews before purchasing.

Considering the price, I'd say it's not a bad deal. Just be realistic with your expectations though. It's certainly no iPad replacement. I once bought one of those "MID" tablets and they aren't very quick at all. The touch screen interface isn't that responsive and it's a hit or miss whether you'll be able to use the Android Market, which is a pretty important component. Also, I had a funny incident where I plugged in the tablet to the PC via USB and that was the end of me having a functional tablet.. I'm guessing the internals got fried or someting.

Just remember, you get what you pay for. Having had the experience I did, I would never get one in that price range because it doesn't meet my standards. 800x640 isn't too shabby considering the size, and 1.2ghz is decent for a tablet. Weak CPU = lack of responsiveness. Make sure it's dual core though. I can tell that this one isn't because any seller would be flambouyantly mentioning it.

If it has the latest flash, that's good, so you'll hopefully be able to browse most of the web. Android is a flexible OS so you don't have to worry about software capabilities much, but hopefuly the hardware enables you to play games decently and watch video and flash content smoothly.

yachtboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 yachtboy
Member since 2003 • 1612 Posts
A friend of mine in China bought a cheapo tablet and it was barely usable... That experience was enough to make me invest in an ipad 3 a couple of months ago and it was worth every penny (well mostly).
seercirra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 seercirra
Member since 2012 • 311 Posts

i entered this thread with clenched buttcheeks and i left relieved.

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

Should have waited for Windows 8 Tablets.... would have had a full blown OS.FelipeInside

Android > Winblows 8

kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kungfool69
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts

stick to the name brands, but u can buy older models cheaper. toshiba AT100 or Motorola XOOM 1, even ACER A500 are CHEAP in the right places. i have a sony, mum has a xoom.

NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NamelessPlayer
Member since 2004 • 7729 Posts
And here I was half-expecting you to buy an HP TC1100 or HP 2730p or Fujitsu T5010 or some Motion Computing slate...you know, actual Tablet PCs, not Android media slates.
stick to the name brands, but u can buy older models cheaper. toshiba AT100 or Motorola XOOM 1, even ACER A500 are CHEAP in the right places. i have a sony, mum has a xoom.kungfool69
That's my general suggestion with mobile computing these days. A typical HP 2730p hovers around $350-400 now, and a Fujitsu T5010 at $500. Maybe not that cheap, but when you consider that the succeeding models are over twice the price in most cases and have little to offer beyond capacitive finger touch options and slightly newer hardware (Arrandale or Sandy Bridge over Penryn), still a great deal.
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GummiRaccoon

And here I was half-expecting you to buy an HP TC1100 or HP 2730p or Fujitsu T5010 or some Motion Computing slate...you know, actual Tablet PCs, not Android media slates. [QUOTE="kungfool69"]stick to the name brands, but u can buy older models cheaper. toshiba AT100 or Motorola XOOM 1, even ACER A500 are CHEAP in the right places. i have a sony, mum has a xoom.NamelessPlayer
That's my general suggestion with mobile computing these days. A typical HP 2730p hovers around $350-400 now, and a Fujitsu T5010 at $500. Maybe not that cheap, but when you consider that the succeeding models are over twice the price in most cases and have little to offer beyond capacitive finger touch options and slightly newer hardware (Arrandale or Sandy Bridge over Penryn), still a great deal.

You are not the person that gets to pick the names for things, sorry.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Should have waited for Windows 8 Tablets.... would have had a full blown OS.GummiRaccoon

Android > Winblows 8

Hmmmm, I really don't know.

I have been using the Windows Phone and the way it does things is freaking awesome. Once Win8 Metro Tablets come out I think they will do many things a lot better than iPad and Android Tablets.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

with tablets I think its better to get whats cheaper since they all function the same pretty much. Except for the blackberry playbook which should be considered the best tablet on the market if it weren't for the crappy OS that it has which is worthless for apps. ICS android 4.0 is far better than iOS for the most part anyways and people who keep comparing it to ipads need to stop. I have an ipad 3 and it can't do half the stuff my android 4.0 can. When ipad can download torrents then i'll reconsider.

NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NamelessPlayer
You are not the person that gets to pick the names for things, sorry.GummiRaccoon
Neither are you. I'm just saying it goes against an established standard. Then again, standards and markets change. What I really wish is that all the other Android media slate manufacturers would follow Samsung's lead and start putting Wacom Penabled digitizers in their slates (even though it's just the Galaxy Note products for now) so that I'd find them actually useful as pen and paper replacements. x86 hardware and Windows isn't really necessary for that, though it's the only practical option I have in the meantime.
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GummiRaccoon

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]You are not the person that gets to pick the names for things, sorry.NamelessPlayer
Neither are you. I'm just saying it goes against an established standard. Then again, standards and markets change. What I really wish is that all the other Android media slate manufacturers would follow Samsung's lead and start putting Wacom Penabled digitizers in their slates (even though it's just the Galaxy Note products for now) so that I'd find them actually useful as pen and paper replacements. x86 hardware and Windows isn't really necessary for that, though it's the only practical option I have in the meantime.

What I mean is you aren't using a common term. So there is no point in using it anymore.

They are tablets now, call them as such.

NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NamelessPlayer
[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]What I mean is you aren't using a common term. So there is no point in using it anymore. They are tablets now, call them as such.

Not all tablets are made equal, though. I expect some differentiation in terminology to reflect the variation in tablet computers. This isn't like how a typical computer comes in desktop or laptop forms. Processor architecture (and thus the OSes that can run on it) and input methods are key differentiators in the tablet space, and you just expect me to lump them all into one label?
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GummiRaccoon

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]What I mean is you aren't using a common term. So there is no point in using it anymore. They are tablets now, call them as such.NamelessPlayer
Not all tablets are made equal, though. I expect some differentiation in terminology to reflect the variation in tablet computers. This isn't like how a typical computer comes in desktop or laptop forms. Processor architecture (and thus the OSes that can run on it) and input methods are key differentiators in the tablet space, and you just expect me to lump them all into one label?

If you wish to interact with the world, use the terms the world uses. You are not proving yourself smarter by making up your own terms for things.

kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kungfool69

[QUOTE="NamelessPlayer"][QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]What I mean is you aren't using a common term. So there is no point in using it anymore. They are tablets now, call them as such.GummiRaccoon

If you wish to interact with the world, use the terms the world uses. You are not proving yourself smarter by making up your own terms for things.

working in a retail world, u start to get a handle on the common terms. i find a lot of these quite funny. people will regularly ask for "That ipad galaxy" because ipad is the common term for tablet for some people. same with GPS's and video cameras. generic lexicon for video camera is "Handycam", yet thats a sony name. depenindng what part of the world ur from depends if Navman or Tomtom ar the generic name for GPS units.

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GummiRaccoon

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

[QUOTE="NamelessPlayer"] Not all tablets are made equal, though. I expect some differentiation in terminology to reflect the variation in tablet computers. This isn't like how a typical computer comes in desktop or laptop forms. Processor architecture (and thus the OSes that can run on it) and input methods are key differentiators in the tablet space, and you just expect me to lump them all into one label?kungfool69

working in a retail world, u start to get a handle on the common terms. i find a lot of these quite funny. people will regularly ask for "That ipad galaxy" because ipad is the common term for tablet for some people. same with GPS's and video cameras. generic lexicon for video camera is "Handycam", yet thats a sony name. depenindng what part of the world ur from depends if Navman or Tomtom ar the generic name for GPS units.

are you telling me most people call cola; coke, tissues; kleenex, a portable tape player; walkman?

kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kungfool69

yep, but its all country of origin based. UK the vacuum is a hoover. USA kleenex for tissue. its quite fun to find them.

yachtboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 yachtboy

[QUOTE="kungfool69"]

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

GummiRaccoon

are you telling me most people call cola; coke, tissues; kleenex, a portable tape player; walkman?

He is right for the most part, that is why copyright lawyers do their best to try to argue that product names not become a common word... because if they do the copyright can't be extending and thus ends.
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GummiRaccoon

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

[QUOTE="kungfool69"]

yachtboy

He is right for the most part, that is why copyright lawyers do their best to try to argue that product names not become a common word... because if they do the copyright can't be extending and thus ends.

Are you joking? Companies would love for their brand to be synonymous with a certain product category.

yachtboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 yachtboy

[QUOTE="yachtboy"][QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

GummiRaccoon

Are you joking? Companies would love for their brand to be synonymous with a certain product category.

Synonymous is good to a point... but once it becomes a generic term you lose your copyright. The fact that coke manages to do it is a testament to how important good lawyers are in a business. But seriously, check out U.S. copyright laws... My last year in uni I took a media law class and copyrights was one of the big three things they went on and on about. EDIT: Forgot to give an example... Otis created the term escalator, but it became so generic and common that the American government concluded that it coud no longer be a trademark and as a result they lost it.

Garysafc25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Garysafc25
Member since 2012 • 142 Posts

Thanks for all your messages guys. The tablet is great and quite fast. plays most games smoothly, internet is speedy, even plays fb games with flash just about. feels expensive too. Brand or no brand its quality and amazing for the price!

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Should have waited for Windows 8 Tablets.... would have had a full blown OS.GummiRaccoon

Android > Winblows 8

My tablet has both Windows and Android.
WiiRocks66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 WiiRocks66
Member since 2007 • 3488 Posts

Meh, the only Android tablet I would purchase is the Kindle Fire. I wouldn't trust it.

thphaca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 thphaca
Member since 2005 • 202 Posts

Those who advocate the term "Android Media Player," I certainly agree. It's not the mainstream term, but it's much more accurate than "tablet PC."

Having said that, I believe we HAVE distinguished between them as being either "tablets" or "tablet PCs." The OP made the mistake of calling it a tablet PC and of course the seller will probably use the term also, in order to boost the percieved flexibility of the device.

Like I mentioned earlier, I owned one of those chinapads and they are by no means worthy of being called "tablet PC's." If it can run a full-fledged OS, I'll call it a tablet PC. I can barely go a day without using my Lenovo x61 convertible tablet PC. It's the most flexible device I've ever used and fellow college students always look at me in envy while they fiddle with their toyish iPads or Mac Books that are probably 3-fold the price I payed.

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GummiRaccoon

I have a 386 running linux, that is a full fledged OS.

Diwashb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Diwashb
Member since 2008 • 519 Posts

Hey guys I have just bought a tablet pc it looks decent enough from what I have seen. I will use it for some casual gaming, youtube and browsing the intetnet. It also says the tablet has flash 11.1 installed does this mean I can play facebook games.? So yeah guys I just bought this I'm not sure if it is a good deal or not you guys are the experts will this do everything I want and is it worth the money. Cheers

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270969035362?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_5619wt_1037

Garysafc25
Let us know how it is.