Is this gaming mouse any good?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mitchell_1797

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mitchell_1797
Member since 2010 • 354 Posts

2.4G 2.4GHz Optical Gaming Mice Wireless Mouse 1600/2000DPI C1168
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Gaming-Wirele…

my other gaming mouse broke which i paid $80 for (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;…and this one looks good and cheap, but im not exactly sure
what do you think

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
Wireless is never good... looks cheap too.
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Wireless is never good... looks cheap too.silversix_

This. Wireless is not a good idea. Also you will probably spend about as much on batteries or rechargeables than you would by adding more for a good decent wired mouse.

kidcool189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kidcool189
Member since 2008 • 4307 Posts
A no name wireless mouse does not look too tempting :P. Just get yourself a logitech mx518/g5 or razer deathadder and you'll be good to go.
trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts
If by some miracle I decide to get a wireless gaming mouse, the only one I would get is this: http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/ThemeID.26460500/productID.169418100 but it's 130$ :P and I'm happy with my DeathAdder atm.
spittis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 spittis
Member since 2005 • 1875 Posts

Wireless is never good... looks cheap too.silversix_

I'm not going to say you're wrong, wireless is usually a worse option than wired when talking gaming. However, I have used my Logitech MX Revolution wireless mouse for about 2½ years. It has a tremendous amount of using hours and I have used it in all kinds of games and it's still working like day 1. Sure the batteries don't last as long but I have never yet had it die while using, and I don't even remember to charge it every night. Still works for a several hours gaming session the next day. And no I havn't changed the battery ever (don't think it's possible). Just wanted to add this :)

But yea a cheap wireless mouse is not a good idea.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

I use a g700, it's a bit on the pricey side but it's scalable to 5700dpi, and can be used wireless or wired with the usb charger connected, which is the way i use it most of the time. If your budget doesn't stretch to somthing like that then go for an mx518 or g5, both are excellent rodents. I've never been a major fan of Razor mice, just can't get used to them, but is of course that's only my opinion

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

Sounds more like on-paper (bs) that wireless suck vs reality... Ive used wireless mouse before and there was no noticeable input lag. Not everything is black and white on specs, you just have to try it for yourself, but if its a knock off brand than is going to be crap regardless.

VeNoM_JaCKaL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 VeNoM_JaCKaL
Member since 2011 • 82 Posts

The first gaming mouse I used to have was the Logitech G7 carbon fibre edition (wirless gaming mouse) years back. Had quite a few issues with it back then - after multiple recharges the battery wouldn't hold the charge for as long as when purchased. Which is expected but it was almost halved with 18 months of use. Single would be disrupted from time to time so mouse became unresponsive for a while (2-5 secs).

Most noticeably which I hadn't expected was the weight of the mouse. Going from cabled to wireless you don't realise how heavy wireless mouse are with the battery and charging mechanism inside. It took me a while to adjust but eventually I because used to it. Upping the sensitivity and speed helped as well to accommodate for the weight.

Now I have Razer Deathadder and Mamba and I still prefer the wired mouse to be frank. You can purchase cable holders and the cables really don't get in the way. Cabled mouse are considered superior in almost every aspect especially when it comes to performance and more specifically when you are looking at gaming. It's generally why most/all professional gamers use cabled mouse.

Mitchell_1797

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mitchell_1797

How about this one?

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Q6XOnJIXEHw

Serial-No_3404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Serial-No_3404
Member since 2007 • 2876 Posts
[QUOTE="trastamad03"] but it's 130$ :P and I'm happy with my DeathAdder atm.

As am I :D It matches my Blackwidow and the blue LED lights in my case :P
masterdrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 masterdrat
Member since 2006 • 1075 Posts

The first gaming mouse I used to have was the Logitech G7 carbon fibre edition (wirless gaming mouse) years back. Had quite a few issues with it back then - after multiple recharges the battery wouldn't hold the charge for as long as when purchased. Which is expected but it was almost halved with 18 months of use. Single would be disrupted from time to time so mouse became unresponsive for a while (2-5 secs).

Most noticeably which I hadn't expected was the weight of the mouse. Going from cabled to wireless you don't realise how heavy wireless mouse are with the battery and charging mechanism inside. It took me a while to adjust but eventually I because used to it. Upping the sensitivity and speed helped as well to accommodate for the weight.

Now I have Razer Deathadder and Mamba and I still prefer the wired mouse to be frank. You can purchase cable holders and the cables really don't get in the way. Cabled mouse are considered superior in almost every aspect especially when it comes to performance and more specifically when you are looking at gaming. It's generally why most/all professional gamers use cabled mouse.

VeNoM_JaCKaL
Must be quite a while since you tried one lol These issues seems like a blast from the past, haven't seen any mouse with these kind of problems in the last 5 years. To OP: Since you're not a professional or looking to become one tomorrow, wireless is just fine. You won't notice any difference but just get a known brand. Also, I would suggest to buy it from a store where you can try before you buy, the most important is that you think it is comfortable.
VeNoM_JaCKaL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 VeNoM_JaCKaL
Member since 2011 • 82 Posts

[QUOTE="VeNoM_JaCKaL"]

masterdrat

Must be quite a while since you tried one lol These issues seems like a blast from the past, haven't seen any mouse with these kind of problems in the last 5 years. To OP: Since you're not a professional or looking to become one tomorrow, wireless is just fine. You won't notice any difference but just get a known brand. Also, I would suggest to buy it from a store where you can try before you buy, the most important is that you think it is comfortable.

Not really I have a Razer Mamba that I have demoted to being at my work rather than at home. The battery has degraded after use and still drops signal sometimes but only for split second. It's heavier too xD still prefer cabled but each to there own.

DasBeerBoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DasBeerBoot
Member since 2011 • 261 Posts

Nope, for that price? NO WAY

Mitchell_1797

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mitchell_1797

i bought it and it was terrible :( im going to return it now

Avatar image for deactivated-5fae21e61a964
deactivated-5fae21e61a964

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5fae21e61a964
Member since 2005 • 765 Posts

Get the Logitech G9x. You can't go wrong unless you're a palm gripper.

Mitchell_1797

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Mitchell_1797

Sheppard212

i went to buy one to today for $59 i had my money out and ready, then the guy said that will be $169, then i said isent it 59: no thats the one next to out; then i said ill keep looking and i bought a terrible medion erazer aka g5 ripoff

demonic_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#18 demonic_85
Member since 2009 • 1395 Posts

I would also recommend the R.A.T. 9 as a solid wireless gaming mouse. I have the R.A.T. 7 (wired version) and it's fantastic. It's probably the weirdest looking mouse ever but it's fully customizable to fit anyone's hand.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fae21e61a964
deactivated-5fae21e61a964

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5fae21e61a964
Member since 2005 • 765 Posts

[QUOTE="Sheppard212"]

Mitchell_1797

i went to buy one to today for $59 i had my money out and ready, then the guy said that will be $169, then i said isent it 59: no thats the one next to out; then i said ill keep looking and i bought a terrible medion erazer aka g5 ripoff

This is highly shady. The G9x can't possibly be worth that much, so there's either a system glitch, he's lying through his teeth or the store you're at is terrble.

Mitchell_1797

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mitchell_1797

[QUOTE="Mitchell_1797"]

[QUOTE="Sheppard212"]

Sheppard212

This is highly shady. The G9x can't possibly be worth that much, so there's either a system glitch, he's lying through his teeth or the store you're at is terrble.

no its called australia

btw is asidewindwer x5 anygood, also comes with cod 4

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

@.@, someone must of fell asleep while doing inventory. g9x is worth $100 tops and since is been out for a while it should be $59 ish.

Theres always the original lachesis for $40 or the orochi bluetooth (yes is wireless hurr).

Snotweasel530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Snotweasel530
Member since 2010 • 636 Posts

I would also recommend the R.A.T. 9 as a solid wireless gaming mouse. I have the R.A.T. 7 (wired version) and it's fantastic. It's probably the weirdest looking mouse ever but it's fully customizable to fit anyone's hand.

demonic_85
Tru dat. I bought two. One to use with my computer, the other sleeps next to me at night on a red velvet pillow.
jonathant5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jonathant5
Member since 2010 • 873 Posts
I would say go for a wired mouse. I have the Logitech G5 and it is amazing, still works well to this day (2+ years of usage) and feels great in the hand. Used to use teh MX518 too and it was also a great mouse so if ur on a budget go for that, they are fairly cheap nowadays. The Microsoft Habu is also not a bad choice and from my experience with it (its my brothers mouse) it feel good in the hand and is very responsive.