Is Test Drive Unlimited 2 worth a buy?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

I don't have any racing games on steam besides Midnight Club 2 which is a little outdated. However I have been wanting a good racing game with nice visuals on PC for a while now. I don't want DIRT 3 for a number of reasons however TDU2 looks really good.

Would anyone reccommend it?

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
I have it on the 360; it's a good game, sort of open world racing with some odd meta-game character stuff. Read some reviews on it to gauge what it sounds like; what I can say is that despite there being a lot of care put into the game, the engine noises fom what I've heard aren't great and the handling feels a little floaty.
JC_AEK4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 JC_AEK4ever
Member since 2006 • 374 Posts

TDU 1 was better. I wouldn't recommend TDU 2...

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

It's an excellent game, the scale is huge so don't expect extreme quality overall and don't listen to TDU 2 haters, it's way better than 1 in any way possible, more content, the quality of assets is way higher (cities are actually cities now, not some awkwardly placed blocks on a green field, I mean literally, low quality mods are better than cities in TDU 1), music is great, lots of variety in locations (TDU 1 was copy paste everywhere), you'll always find new things to explore, everywhere, multiplayer events are pretty fun (it did work a little better in 1 tho, online interaction), it's great looking (people actually think it looks bad...), it's the best game of its kind, it was worth it even at full price.

Also, if you're interested in some (cheap) DLC, you need this, it's an awesome car (console footage btw, looks much better on PC)

JC_AEK4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JC_AEK4ever
It's an excellent game, the scale is huge so don't expect extreme quality overall and don't listen to TDU 2 hatersDanielDust
Says the guy who rated Burnout Paradise with 6.5 Oblivion with 5.5 and The Ball with 8.0
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DanielDust

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]It's an excellent game, the scale is huge so don't expect extreme quality overall and don't listen to TDU 2 hatersJC_AEK4ever
Says the guy who rated Burnout Paradise with 6.5 Oblivion with 5.5 and The Ball with 8.0

Yes, I'm sorry, I must repair those scores, paradise 8 after playing online with some friends, Oblivion 3, no point going around the bush for the worst action RPG created, thanks for reminding me.

JC_AEK4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JC_AEK4ever

[QUOTE="JC_AEK4ever"][QUOTE="DanielDust"]It's an excellent game, the scale is huge so don't expect extreme quality overall and don't listen to TDU 2 hatersDanielDust

Yes, I'm sorry, I must repair those scores, paradise 8 after playing online with some friends, Oblivion 3, no point going around the bush for the worst action RPG created, thanks for reminding me.

So Burnout Paradise is worse than TDU 2? And it is as good as The Ball? Do you really like The Ball so much? :lol:
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DanielDust

Burnout Paradise is fun to mess around with bikes and the fastest cars, TDU 2 has at least 15 times more "messing around", as for the Ball, I would have guessed your level of intellect wouldn't be as low as to not comprehend that The Ball is not a racing game, but you can't have a forum without the forum idiots looking for explanations among the most twisted and insane "equations".

JC_AEK4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JC_AEK4ever
Burnout Paradise is fun to mess around with bikes and the fastest cars, TDU 2 has at least 15 times more "messing around", as for the Ball, I would have guessed your level of intellect wouldn't be as low as to not comprehend that The Ball is not a racing game, but you can't have a forum without the forum idiots looking for explanations among the most twisted and insane "equations".DanielDust
Oblivion isn't a racing game either. But you didn't think of that before. My point is you know nothing about games and I have proven myself correct. It takes an idiot to not understand this. :lol:
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#10 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Some liked it, to me it was very very average though and not half as good as the first game in the series. The game just feels very cheap and is not very fun.

2$ is the most I would spend on it to be honest.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DanielDust

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]Burnout Paradise is fun to mess around with bikes and the fastest cars, TDU 2 has at least 15 times more "messing around", as for the Ball, I would have guessed your level of intellect wouldn't be as low as to not comprehend that The Ball is not a racing game, but you can't have a forum without the forum idiots looking for explanations among the most twisted and insane "equations".JC_AEK4ever
Oblivion isn't a racing game either. But you didn't think of that before. My point is you know nothing about games and I have proven myself correct. It takes an idiot to not understand this. :lol:

You should be thrown in jail for having access to the word idiot, Mr. "Only person that somehow felt the need to mention Oblivion and The Ball in this entire thread", now go sit in your corner.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#12 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]Burnout Paradise is fun to mess around with bikes and the fastest cars, TDU 2 has at least 15 times more "messing around", as for the Ball, I would have guessed your level of intellect wouldn't be as low as to not comprehend that The Ball is not a racing game, but you can't have a forum without the forum idiots looking for explanations among the most twisted and insane "equations".JC_AEK4ever

It is called personal opinion, I dont like TU2, but I can respect Daniel's personal opinion of the game, that he really enjoys it.

Who cares if he likes this game and hated Oblivion? Not everyone will have the same taste in games.

JC_AEK4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JC_AEK4ever

Not everyone will have the same taste in games.

kozzy1234
Tell this to Daniel who keeps calling people idiots in the forums everyday for not having the same opinion as him.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DanielDust

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

JC_AEK4ever

Tell this to Daniel who keeps calling people idiots in the forums everyday for not having the same opinion as him.

If you wouldn't be one, you'd notice that I don't call idiots those that actually have something intelligent to post when "hating" on games, AKA I don't call idiots those that in general say something about games (never did I call an idiot for not liking a game, if you look at yourself, people don't "not like" a game, most around here like to create drama, cry, whine about their family and belongings, how developers killed their animals, they like to troll), you'll notice how you trolled with stupidity beyond the capacity of a common human being, even worse, with something totally not related to this game here.

There are 3 things I do here:
1) Hate on idiots, because I noticed everyone likes to hate every single game and they don't stop till they tell everyone how much they hate that game in every single "unrelated" thread they can find, over and over and over and over again, it's so last season, so I just hate on those haters (of course "is X worth it" or "is X better than Y?" and similar threads are viable for continuous hate for a product).
2) Talk about good games with people that enjoy those games (extremely rare because of trolls which is 1)
3) Go into debates with people that can't understand "your post is purely subjective, except when something actually has some facts behind them (not troll-ish facts AKA idiot facts, which falls under 1)", these are actually fun when no "hurr durr lawl rawwrr" random guys drops from the sky with their random delusions.

You stated your opinion, even if it's false and TDU 2 is substantially better than the boring, uninspired TDU 1, after that you were just being an idiot and you also made yourself an idiot, that's pretty low even for trolls, making fun of themselves.

JC_AEK4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JC_AEK4ever
[QUOTE="DanielDust"] If you wouldn't be one, you'd notice that I don't call idiots those that actually have something intelligent to post when "hating" on games, AKA I don't call idiots those that in general say something about games (never did I call an idiot for not liking a game, if you look at yourself, people don't "not like" a game, most around here like to create drama, cry, whine about their family and belongings, how developers killed their animals, they like to troll), you'll notice how you trolled with stupidity beyond the capacity of a common human being, even worse, with something totally not related to this game here. There are 3 things I do here: 1) Hate on idiots, because I noticed everyone likes to hate every single game and they don't stop till they tell everyone how much they hate that game in every single "unrelated" thread they can find, over and over and over and over again, it's so last season, so I just hate on those haters (of course "is X worth it" or "is X better than Y?" and similar threads are viable for continuous hate for a product). 2) Talk about good games with people that enjoy those games (extremely rare because of trolls which is 1) 3) Go into debates with people that can't understand "your post is purely subjective, except when something actually has some facts behind them (not troll-ish facts AKA idiot facts, which falls under 1)", these are actually fun when no "hurr durr lawl rawwrr" random guys drops from the sky with his random delusions. You stated your opinion, even if it's false and TDU 2 is substantially better than the boring, uninspired TDU 1, after that you were just being an idiot and you also made yourself an idiot, that's pretty low even for trolls, making fun of themselves.

Calm down. Now... can you write the same thing without the word "idiot" in every sentence? You are right, there are 3 things you do here: 1) Edit every message you write at least once. 2) Get in debates with a different person each day. 3) Use the only argument that you have that everyone except yourself is an idiot. :lol::lol::lol:
HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

It's an excellent game, the scale is huge so don't expect extreme quality overall and don't listen to TDU 2 haters, it's way better than 1 in any way possible, more content, the quality of assets is way higher (cities are actually cities now, not some awkwardly placed blocks on a green field, I mean literally, low quality mods are better than cities in TDU 1), music is great, lots of variety in locations (TDU 1 was copy paste everywhere), you'll always find new things to explore, everywhere, multiplayer events are pretty fun (it did work a little better in 1 tho, online interaction), it's great looking (people actually think it looks bad...), it's the best game of its kind, it was worth it even at full price.

Also, if you're interested in some (cheap) DLC, you need this, it's an awesome car (console footage btw, looks much better on PC)

DanielDust

I think we have a similar taste in games judging by you're ratings, also I looked at some more videos and reviews etc and just decided to buy it.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#17 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

I don't have any racing games on steam besides Midnight Club 2 which is a little outdated. However I have been wanting a good racing game with nice visuals on PC for a while now. I don't want DIRT 3 for a number of reasons however TDU2 looks really good.

Would anyone reccommend it?

HyperWarlock
No, its not worth it. Was in the beta and it was a terrible bad game.
VeryBumpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 VeryBumpy
Member since 2008 • 1718 Posts

Its ok on the cheap <$10. Its missing tons of content that TDU1 had and adds Sims Social type crap instead.

Wait for Forza Horizon instead (if you have a 360 that is). I looks to be what TDU2 should of been in nearly every way.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
If you want more of a social game than one with any kind of realistic controls, it's got some fun things about it. Seriously though, driving the cars feels like driving a boat.
Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#20 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

[QUOTE="JC_AEK4ever"][QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

DanielDust

If you wouldn't be one, you'd notice that I don't call idiots those that actually have something intelligent to post when "hating" on games, AKA I don't call idiots those that in general say something about games (never did I call an idiot for not liking a game, if you look at yourself, people don't "not like" a game, most around here like to create drama, cry, whine about their family and belongings, how developers killed their animals, they like to troll), you'll notice how you trolled with stupidity beyond the capacity of a common human being, even worse, with something totally not related to this game here.

There are 3 things I do here:
1) Hate on idiots, because I noticed everyone likes to hate every single game and they don't stop till they tell everyone how much they hate that game in every single "unrelated" thread they can find, over and over and over and over again, it's so last season, so I just hate on those haters (of course "is X worth it" or "is X better than Y?" and similar threads are viable for continuous hate for a product).
2) Talk about good games with people that enjoy those games (extremely rare because of trolls which is 1)
3) Go into debates with people that can't understand "your post is purely subjective, except when something actually has some facts behind them (not troll-ish facts AKA idiot facts, which falls under 1)", these are actually fun when no "hurr durr lawl rawwrr" random guys drops from the sky with their random delusions.

You stated your opinion, even if it's false and TDU 2 is substantially better than the boring, uninspired TDU 1, after that you were just being an idiot and you also made yourself an idiot, that's pretty low even for trolls, making fun of themselves.

You really do have issues...I thought it was just a case of extreme arrogance...
rogerpenna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rogerpenna
Member since 2008 • 110 Posts

@kozzy1234: Yes, not as good as the first game in the series, Test Drive 1, from 1986.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Yeah I found the first one to be better but alas TDU2 is still pretty fun.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

If you want a racing game that leans towards arcade feeling ( but not completely ) with good visuals and great racing feeling imo Grid series are the best ( even the 2008 Grid 1 is still great ) and there is a massive sale on Grid 2 on greenmangaming for $12 ( registers on steam )

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

DONT GET TDU2!!!!

You can try the original game but the whole point is to play cruize together with other people in the huge open world map, but servers are down and TDU2 has horrible gameplay mechanics.

If you own 360 get yourself Forza Horizon - definitely the new TDU imo.

If you don't own one, there're few alternatives such as the new NFS Rivals, NFS World which is free and the upcoming The Crew.