Is Sim City 5 as **** as it looks?

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MythPro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 MythPro1
Member since 2003 • 2746 Posts
So, the main flaws I'm seeing is the online DRM and the fact you only have a 2x2KM space to build anything. Such a small area!
Falconoffury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Falconoffury
Member since 2003 • 1722 Posts

I will wait for it to go free to play, like Star Wars did.

James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

I will wait for it to go free to play, like Star Wars did.

Falconoffury

They wait a long time its not an mmo so player count means nothing 

Brean24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Brean24
Member since 2007 • 1659 Posts

Sim City getting good reviews so far, 91% after 8 reviews.

Here is a youtube viedo of some dudes starting a new area togethere if you care to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFlgtpomrHc

As far as issues most of my friends had to wait to download last night till 12:30 or 1am, after that it was fine for them. Most agmes have some kinda issues on day one, even if its not an online game. Hell I remember having to wait till 7pm at night to play Risen1 when it first came out cuz of server troubles with steam (When I was suppose to be able to download n play at 10am). Atleast from friedn experience so far it seems to run very well once the download is done.

kozzy1234
What? How can this be? I thought Simcity sucked? Teh Deception!(Yes I'm gloating because certain forum users called me a fanboy because I didn't post negative things about this game and now it's getting really good reviews)
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#55 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Played a few hours of simcity today and arma3 alpha, both are alot of fun.

Had no issues with the online either in the time I played, there is always some issues for games on game day. Hell I even remember when Risen 1 came out I couln't play until around 7pm that night, when we where suppose to play at 9am in the morning. That was a singleplayer game, not a multiplayer game to. Sucks some are having issues but not everyone is having them. Only real issue I had was that some of hte preset maps are small, but when you get other cities goign in that region its not as bad to me. IGN was doing a 9 hour playthrough today with ign fans/members and they played with no issues to (On the main servers not review servers). Looking forward to playing on my account on thursday though instead of my friends :P

If anyone wnats to do some games hit me up on origin.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#56 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

Here is a youtube viedo of some dudes starting a new area togethere if you care to watch.

As far as issues most of my friends had to wait to download last night till 12:30 or 1am, after that it was fine for them. Most agmes have some kinda issues on day one, even if its not an online game. Hell I remember having to wait till 7pm at night to play Risen1 when it first came out cuz of server troubles with steam (When I was suppose to be able to download n play at 10am). Atleast from friedn experience so far it seems to run very well once the download is done.

Brean24

What? How can this be? I thought Simcity sucked? Teh Deception!(Yes I'm gloating because certain forum users called me a fanboy because I didn't post negative things about this game and now it's getting really good reviews)

New releases always have alot of peopel complaining, check the steam forums on relase of new games, always filled with people crying.

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

[QUOTE="Brean24"][QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

kozzy1234

New releases always have alot of peopel complaining, check the steam forums on relase of new games, always filled with people crying.

yeah well those people crying that have run into software issues are not to be made fun of and its really sad to see developers neglect to address and fix problems 

masterdrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#58 masterdrat
Member since 2006 • 1075 Posts
5 hours in and my city is corrupted, can't play it, can't roll back or abandon either (or reload an old save that works since it's sitting on their servers).
masterdrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#59 masterdrat
Member since 2006 • 1075 Posts
I've been trying to create a new city for an hour and it crashes after a few minutes... Also, I can visit someone else city and destroy his buildings. I don't know if it's supposed to work like that.
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
5 hours in and my city is corrupted, can't play it, can't roll back or abandon either (or reload an old save that works since it's sitting on their servers).masterdrat
I've lost four of my cities. It just crashes after a while, and tells me that Origin failed to find it.
Avatar image for IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
IxX3xil3d0n3XxI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#61 IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
Member since 2006 • 1508 Posts
So this launch was pretty much like D3's with its always online DRM, it was a utter failure. Got home from work and cant add a person in the same room with me on my friends list, so cant play today. Not going to whine like a drama queen and moan to get my money back. This was expected first day. Will just wait a few days for it to get better.
commander1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 commander1122
Member since 2005 • 1165 Posts

people actually again bough shxt from EA? just wow ~,~

ok....wan bigger map $9.99

more varity of building $ 99.99

more gal ? over 9999.99 $