Is Everquest 1 still popular?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KickinDirty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 KickinDirty
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
I stopped playing EQ1in 2001, and with the release of Everquest 2 I just assumed that the Everquest 1 community died out, but then I noticed the other day that a new EQ1 expansion was releasedand that they are working on another one! (this was a huge shock for me) Do a lot of people still play EQ1? And, if so, are the servers mostly filled with super-powerful high level characters?
mfsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 mfsa
Member since 2007 • 3328 Posts

i quit a long time ago so this is second hand information i can't utterly confirm, but my friend (who still plays) informs me that many of the servers were merged and the typical server population is 1500-2500 (at any given time), which is exactly what it was when i quit in 2004, only now there are far fewer servers

he also informs me that there's a lot of high level players (at least on his server), but that there are plenty of lower people too, though they are mostly alts of the higher level characters

everquest still has a popular fanbase, as can clearly be seen by expansion after expansion, and there is still a trickle of new players entering the game ( or returning after quitting :roll: )

if you wanna go back to the game and start fresh, you'll probably be able to find plenty of people to play with, but remember - even when eq peaked on popularity, finding groups could sometimes take a couple hours unless you have friends to play with, but the game has been corrupted to be more like wow (with mega fast health and mana regen), so lower levels are quite tolerable now, and mostly soloable

so i'm told...

Teuvan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Teuvan
Member since 2003 • 10151 Posts
2001 was a good year to quit. They seriously screwed up the game after that. I quit at the end of 2001 myself, after they made the new interface mandatory.
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

I stopped playing EQ1in 2001, and with the release of Everquest 2 I just assumed that the Everquest 1 community died out, but then I noticed the other day that a new EQ1 expansion was releasedand that they are working on another one! (this was a huge shock for me) Do a lot of people still play EQ1? And, if so, are the servers mostly filled with super-powerful high level characters?KickinDirty

Go to www.mmogchart.com and get a laugh.... Look at the 70,000 to 700,000 population chart and hoot over how there are more people playing EQ than EQ2 right now!!!