Impressed with Starcraft 2 Multiplayer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

way2funny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 way2funny
Member since 2003 • 4570 Posts

Well let me say, that I generally am very bad at RTS. Maybe not bad, but i take it slow, dont think about timing and optimizing resources and all that stuff. Well I just started getting into SC2 multiplayer. I played through the campaign, and then read some basic videos on the basics of starcraft 2. So I started playing the practice league, and i never thought, but I am actually winning sometimes. The matchmaking system is amazing. Its fun, and winning half the time really gets over the fear of losing and makes you appreciate this game.

The multiplayer is truly great, and the game itself is not all that different from the first, but its so polished and updated, that its hard not to like. Did anyone feel the same way? I was so hesitant at first to try the multiplayer but im so glad I got into it.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#2 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

I felt it had a CnC 3 vibe to it but it was pretty good. Also, a lot of the units and upgrades from the campaign are missing in multiplayer which I found a bit strange. It's been a while since I played it so they might have patched them in now but otherwise it plays like a conventional fast paced FPS with improved menus.

hamelkarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 hamelkarl
Member since 2009 • 207 Posts

They didn't include them for balancing. Having including them would have made Zerg and Protoss so weak compared to Terran. Some people do love the multiplayer system and some others don't.

theafiguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 theafiguy
Member since 2006 • 962 Posts
I honestly found the vanilla SC2 MP to be one of the most boring experiences ever, but I enjoyed a lot of the custom game types.