Im new to PC Fps...HELP

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Linkbest23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Linkbest23
Member since 2008 • 590 Posts

So i have always been a console gamer. So i recently bought BFBC2 because its a real good game and I liked it on the 360. but im having so much troubl with aiming smoothly and running and controls. So i was wondering, what tips can you give a person who is new to Fps on pcs.

deathshand707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deathshand707
Member since 2007 • 955 Posts

In all honesty, just keep playing and dont get discouraged. It will all feel much more natural after you get more playing time.

DavalPrestor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DavalPrestor
Member since 2010 • 125 Posts
You will get used to it eventually :)
TehFuneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TehFuneral
Member since 2007 • 8237 Posts

Its way more easier and enjoyable than console fps'ers, you shouldn't have much trouble adjusting.

gaurav24988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 gaurav24988
Member since 2010 • 28 Posts

no matter how much they try to perfect it aiming using an analogue is not as quick as doing it with mouse

so i would suggest reducing mouse sensitivity a bit till you get the hang of it

Linkbest23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Linkbest23
Member since 2008 • 590 Posts

I gotta admit, it is pretty discouraging

Meat_Wad_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Meat_Wad_Fan
Member since 2002 • 9054 Posts

Its way more easier and enjoyable than console fps'ers, you shouldn't have much trouble adjusting.

TehFuneral

Ignore this post. As somebody who has gamed for 20+ years with a controller and recently switched to kb+mabout a year ago, I can say I'm still having some trouble getting use to it. I hit the wrong keys regularly, so for me I find the controller easier and more enjoyable. I'm still getting better with a kb+m as time goes by, but it is a huge adjustment and by no means a fast transition.

agpickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 agpickle
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts

Play single player for a while and just keep playing. You'll get it soon enough.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

Just use a controller for pc games if your more comfortable with it. I use a ps3 controller with Motionjoy and Xpadder.

tutt3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 tutt3r
Member since 2005 • 2865 Posts

adjust sensitivity and remap control keys. it takes practice is all

G-Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 G-Lord
Member since 2004 • 2141 Posts

You will get used to it eventually :)DavalPrestor

Sure, but it might help to start with a game you are not already used to play by controller, that's my advice. Good luck during the adaptation period, you won't regret it ;)

Papitar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Papitar
Member since 2008 • 2377 Posts

Practice makes perfect.

You could try remapping some keys and adjusting the sensitivity. Also you probably shoudln't instantly jump into multiplayer, you might wanna run some singleplayer before moving to mp. You'll get used to it soon enough, the more you play, the faster =D

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

My advice is to take a romp through the SP first, only to get adjusted for the controls.

first get used to the kb, that is the hardest part normally, able to walk run, and do whatnot, and place the keys where you need them, and they feel comfortable.

When that is down (takes alot less time then one might think) start taking the mouse into considuration, basicly you could say that the kb controls the body usually, and the mouse the head/upper torso. Usually itll take a few days, and then you begin to use the kb without much thought at all, the working together with mouse kb, takes maybe a day if you are unlucky, most people adjust much faster tho.

If you just jumped into MP at the go, would discurage you I think, if you as much as stagger or misjudge distance just by a fraction some players WILL rip you a new one.

Now: When you spent some time in sp, I do have another advice, and this one is less Obvious, start off by picking medic, or Mechanic for a few maps, reason being that with those you need to move more then shoot in teamplay, and will REALLY break you in well with the basic KB skills you gained, while ofcourse still fighting, but I think going up against marksmen or soldiers when you are new, would be a bit of a let down.

I give it max a week ^^ then you break heads with the rest of them ;)

Oh yeah forgot, at the beginning it is a good thing to set mouse sens down, untill you got a better feel for it, you will likely be far more precise abeit slower, then when you are used to it, just crank the sens up to where ever you are comfortable at the present time.