im looking for a new game...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

armrest424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 armrest424
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

suggest to me some good games that last a long time. ive been considering transformers or morrowind(my comps not good enough for oblivion). im not a real big fan of rts but i have been tempted to get warcraft 3. i like all games, but mostly fps, adventure/exploring games, and rpgs. no mmorpgs cause i only have dial up(dang it!)

Avatar image for HardcoreKiller2
HardcoreKiller2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 HardcoreKiller2
Member since 2004 • 574 Posts
Get Morrowind, its one of the best rpgs and its very cheap to buy. If you are going to get Morrowind, get the Game of the Year edition, it includes Morrowind and it's 2 expansions, Tribunal and Blood Moon.
-R4zi3l-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 -R4zi3l-
Member since 2007 • 198 Posts

suggest to me some good games that last a long time. ive been considering transformers or morrowind(my comps not good enough for oblivion). im not a real big fan of rts but i have been tempted to get warcraft 3. i like all games, but mostly fps, adventure/exploring games, and rpgs. no mmorpgs cause i only have dial up(dang it!)

armrest424

acually ive played WoW and guild wars on dial up for about 3 years now(my dial up is a 46k so when it comes to speed i only run around 3-5kbs)

henri1960

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 henri1960
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts
Tomb raider legend and Anniversary
gtarmanrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 gtarmanrob
Member since 2006 • 1206 Posts

armrest424

could you let us know what u already have/already played?

For games that last a long time:

FPS: Far Cry, Half-Life 2 and other series, Hitman series (specifically Blood Money, hours of fun there)

RTS:I don't like RTS games, but Command and Conquer 3 is ****ing sick. and age of empires 3, star wars :empire at war.

Adventure/Exploring: The new Tomb Raider Anniversary. i was quite blown away with how well they re-made the original. really need a gamepad for PC (in my opinion). Morrwind is definitely worth considereing.

RPG: Knights of the Old Republic 1 + 2, Vampire: Bloodlines, and for a mix of RPG and FPS Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, one of my personal favourites.

Way too many to list tho dude, like i said let us know what u got/already played and we can help further.

Avatar image for lilburtonboy748
lilburtonboy748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lilburtonboy748
Member since 2007 • 2536 Posts
It depends on how good your computer is. If it is very good, get either half life 2, stalker, oblivion, company of heroes, or medieval total war 2. if it's not so good, half life:opposing forces, morrowind, startcraft, diablo 2, or medieval total war.
GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12807 Posts

Get Morrowind, its one of the best rpgs and its very cheap to buy. If you are going to get Morrowind, get the Game of the Year edition, it includes Morrowind and it's 2 expansions, Tribunal and Blood Moon.HardcoreKiller2

agreed

delirin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 delirin
Member since 2003 • 745 Posts
Warcraft 3 wasn't great. Something about the mixing of rpg and rts (with heroes leveling thrown in there) didn't feel right to me. From what you listed, I'd pick up morrowind for sure. Titan quest is a good one and only 20 bucks right now on direct 2 drive also. As far as fps's... quake 4's not too bad at all.
GamingMonkeyPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9 GamingMonkeyPC
Member since 2005 • 3576 Posts

A game that'll last a long time with no online play? Hmm...

Adventure: The Longest Journey (I strongly recommend this)
RPG: Baldurs Gate 2 (This game will definitely last you a long time)

gtarmanrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 gtarmanrob
Member since 2006 • 1206 Posts

A game that'll last a long time with no online play? Hmm...

Adventure: The Longest Journey (I strongly recommend this)
RPG: Baldurs Gate 2 (This game will definitely last you a long time)

GamingMonkeyPC

Dreamfall: The Longest Journey available on steam is an excellent game for single-player adventure. Havnt played the original, which im guessing u were refering to

nightharvest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nightharvest
Member since 2005 • 1782 Posts

Darwinia.

8)

NeoZeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NeoZeon
Member since 2003 • 26 Posts
Defcon love the game
Avatar image for vampire96_blood
vampire96_blood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 vampire96_blood
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
if ure looking for a classic game that is really one of the greatest games..try fallout series dude fantastic!
armrest424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 armrest424

heres a list of most of my games,

titan quest, star wars battlefront 2, lotr rotk, star wars kotor 1, star wars jedi academy & outcast(i love those games), my friend did lend me guild wars, and my comp could handle it, but every time a loading screen came up, it would take about 3 hours to load, so i gave up on it. thats pretty much it for all of my newest games. im starting to lean towards morrowind, but give me some other opinons

AngelB1ack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AngelB1ack
Member since 2005 • 7936 Posts

Ive never played it but here is a game you might like.

Super Fun Time!

armrest424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 armrest424

DUDE! im buy that game today. thanks man (not.)(good joke though)