How is Skyrim Ugly?

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

marq4porsche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 marq4porsche
Member since 2005 • 512 Posts

So I keep reading responses on these forums that Skyrim is supposedly ugly. Now from what we have seen from the xbox footage, the game looks really good. It has a great art style that is overall much improved on Oblivion. Texturaly speaking even modded Oblivion had crappy textures. So from that standpoint this game already looks better. This game has vastly improved and realistic looking characters. The environments look so much more detailed and varied, plus people seem to forget this is a vast open expansive world. It's not like The Witcher 2 which has smaller environments. Speaking of The Witcher and Crysis, I don't expect this game to be competing with them for top overall graphics. But the reality is, it doesn't have to. I do expect to see an increase in texture sizes and resolution. The relative lack of sharpness would just be because of console footage. As a matter of fact I expect to see more graphical improvements for PC than a lot of multiplats, Mass Effect 2, I'm looking at you.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
I expect to see each Dungeon different from the last one (*cough* Oblivion *cough)
marq4porsche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 marq4porsche

I expect to see each Dungeon different from the last one (*cough* Oblivion *cough)FelipeInside

Well they did say that they handmade each one this time around.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]I expect to see each Dungeon different from the last one (*cough* Oblivion *cough)marq4porsche

Fingers crossed.... They also promised lots with Oblivion and never followed through...
jettpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 jettpack
Member since 2009 • 3192 Posts

i hope its not. I'll make my decision when i see the pc version playing on my PC. IM STOKED ABOUT THE SCALE

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FelipeInside

i hope its not. I'll make my decision when i see the pc version playing on my PC. IM STOKED ABOUT THE SCALE

jettpack

Is it bigger than Oblivion?

Is it bigger than WoW?

(who cares anyway, I won't be playing it, lol....)

marq4porsche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 marq4porsche

[QUOTE="jettpack"]

FelipeInside

Is it bigger than Oblivion?

Is it bigger than WoW?

(who cares anyway, I won't be playing it, lol....)

It's the same size as Oblivion and has more content overall.

It is smaller than WoW but wow is not an mmo, it's single player. Plus it has more detail per area.

Many millions of people care and will be buying the game.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
It's not really ugly, though it's not much of a step up from Oblivion either.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

It has improved art style, but it still looks like Oblivion. Therefor it still looks UGLY.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FelipeInside

It has improved art style, but it still looks like Oblivion. Therefor it still looks UGLY.

ChubbyGuy40
Are people BLIND??? Do you honestly think OBLIVION was UGLY? Maybe you need to upgrade ur Black and White monitor....
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

FelipeInside
Are people BLIND??? Do you honestly think OBLIVION was UGLY? Maybe you need to upgrade ur Black and White monitor....

Honestly, I think my modded Morrowind looks better than both Oblivion and Skyrim. :P
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

KHAndAnime

Honestly, I think my modded Morrowind looks better than both Oblivion and Skyrim. :P

http://timbermaniacs.webs.com/7969_the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion-20060405093901532_normal.jpg http://dominicks.edublogs.org/files/2011/05/oblivion-13epew8.jpg This is FAR from ugly... I never liked the game, but I remember walking through some towns and going WOW, this looks pretty good....
linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts

the only people who think that skyrim looks ugly are those wearing hater glasses

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

marq4porsche

I can "handmake" a shipload of different dungeons as well. Doesn't mean they're all different if they share the same tileset. For reference, Oblivion had 3 tilesets (Ayleid ruins, caves, forts) for what...almost 200 dungeons?

marq4porsche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 marq4porsche

KHAndAnime

You mean that mod that's basically a total overhaul?

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

the only people who think that skyrim looks ugly are those wearing hater glasses

linkin_guy109

Yep, god forbid the fact that some people actually have working eyes :roll:

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#17 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="linkin_guy109"]

N30F3N1X

Yep, god forbid the fact that some people actually have working eyes :roll:

Hell, I wear eyeglasses and I think Skyrim looks ef'in awesome. Can't wait.
gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

FelipeInside

Oblivion looked phenomenal for its time. However, it hasn't aged well at all, mostly thanks to its low resolution textures, bad animations, bad water, and poor quality models (the swords look like bulky plastic toy swords, not like sharp metal blades). This is a problem with the Gamebryo engine in general, and Fallout 3 and NV (especially NV) suffer from the same problems. It also doesn't help that Oblivion had a really bland art styIe that did nothing to aid the graphics. Skyrim itself also looks to suffer from many of Oblivion's same graphics issues. Extremely low resolution textures, bland art styIe, and poor quality models. The only major improvement is the character faces which finally look decent. As a result, people aren't happy with the way Skyrim looks. Personally I'm not even very interested in the game in large part because of the graphics. Usually I don't care too much about graphics, but for some reason Bethesda's games in particular just have a combination of bad graphics and bad art direction that winds up making their games look hideous. Not dated or bad mind you, but downright ugly.
marq4porsche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 marq4porsche

gameguy6700

Oblivion looked phenomenal for its time. However, it hasn't aged well at all, mostly thanks to its low resolution textures, bad animations, bad water, and poor quality models (the swords look like bulky plastic toy swords, not like sharp metal blades). This is a problem with the Gamebryo engine in general, and Fallout 3 and NV (especially NV) suffer from the same problems. It also doesn't help that Oblivion had a really bland art styIe that did nothing to aid the graphics. Skyrim itself also looks to suffer from many of Oblivion's same graphics issues. Extremely low resolution textures, bland art styIe, and poor quality models. The only major improvement is the character faces which finally look decent. As a result, people aren't happy with the way Skyrim looks. Personally I'm not even very interested in the game in large part because of the graphics. Usually I don't care too much about graphics, but for some reason Bethesda's games in particular just have a combination of bad graphics and bad art direction that winds up making their games look hideous. Not dated or bad mind you, but downright ugly.

I disagree, mainly about Skyrim though. We have only seen Xbox 360 footage of the game. The low res textures stem purely from that. What I have seen of the textures is that they are emenently more detailed and realistic than Oblivions. The water has also seen huge improvements. The trees are made by an artist now instead of speedtree. There is much more variety in vistas. Where have you seen poor quality models, the models I've seen look excellent. The art style is also massively improved. I mean look at the huge variety the game has. PS, XBOX 360 footage.

true_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 true_gamer007
Member since 2011 • 433 Posts

No, it can't be true. ES was an epic series right from the beginning and created by one of the most talented team i.e. Bethesda.

I trust Bethesda and Skyrim won't take the series down, instead it's gonna be one of the finest contender for the game of the year award.

gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gameguy6700

[QUOTE="gameguy6700"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Are people BLIND??? Do you honestly think OBLIVION was UGLY? Maybe you need to upgrade ur Black and White monitor....marq4porsche

I disagree, mainly about Skyrim though. We have only seen Xbox 360 footage of the game. The low res textures stem purely from that. What I have seen of the textures is that they are emenently more detailed and realistic than Oblivions. The water has also seen huge improvements. The trees are made by an artist now instead of speedtree. There is much more variety in vistas. Where have you seen poor quality models, the models I've seen look excellent. The art style is also massively improved. I mean look at the huge variety the game has. PS, XBOX 360 footage.

If the game looked significantly better on PC, Bethesda would be showing us nothing but PC screenshots. Instead they're showing console screenshots, which is just about always a smoking gun that indicates that the PC version doesn't look any better than the console version save for higher resolutions and AA. No publisher is going to intentionally handicap their pre-release hype by showing screenshots of a game running at anything other than maximum settings. Thus, the only reason to not show the PC version is if it's likely to do nothing other than piss of PC gamers. A perfect example of this type of behavior was Crysis 2. So no, I'm sure the textures look exactly the same on PC. And like everyone else has said, yes, Skyrim does look better than Oblivion but not to a degree that makes it look like it's running on anything other than a modified version of Gamebryo. Hell, the only reason why people aren't saying it's running on Gamebryo is because Bethesda had to release a press statement saying that it wasn't as a form of damage control when they originally showed off the game to cries of "OMG you lazy bastards are using Gamebryo AGAIN?!"
twistedface12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 twistedface12
Member since 2011 • 227 Posts
maybe they are

So I keep reading responses on these forums that Skyrim is supposedly ugly. Now from what we have seen from the xbox footage, the game looks really good. It has a great art style that is overall much improved on Oblivion. Texturaly speaking even modded Oblivion had crappy textures. So from that standpoint this game already looks better. This game has vastly improved and realistic looking characters. The environments look so much more detailed and varied, plus people seem to forget this is a vast open expansive world. It's not like The Witcher 2 which has smaller environments. Speaking of The Witcher and Crysis, I don't expect this game to be competing with them for top overall graphics. But the reality is, it doesn't have to. I do expect to see an increase in texture sizes and resolution. The relative lack of sharpness would just be because of console footage. As a matter of fact I expect to see more graphical improvements for PC than a lot of multiplats, Mass Effect 2, I'm looking at you.

marq4porsche
maybe they are kids that like CoD..
Arthur96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 Arthur96
Member since 2011 • 950 Posts

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Are people BLIND??? Do you honestly think OBLIVION was UGLY? Maybe you need to upgrade ur Black and White monitor....FelipeInside

http://timbermaniacs.webs.com/7969_the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion-20060405093901532_normal.jpg http://dominicks.edublogs.org/files/2011/05/oblivion-13epew8.jpg This is FAR from ugly... I never liked the game, but I remember walking through some towns and going WOW, this looks pretty good....

That looks quite horrible... Sorry.

Bad textures, strange colors and bland environments.

jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jedinat
Member since 2003 • 3560 Posts
The only thing TRULY UGLY about Oblivion was the faces. And people who think Skyrim doesn't look much improved over Oblivion are not really bothering themselves to SEE.
PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
All the footage I've seen of Skyrim has been running on 360, so I'm going to hold off my judgement till I see some PC footage. From what I've see though I can say the art style has drastically improved and the environments look more complex and natural.
caseystryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 caseystryker
Member since 2005 • 5421 Posts

Still looks pretty good to me, though the character models could have been better. Maybe I'm not picky enough.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FelipeInside
WE ARE NOT obviously comparing Oblivion (2006) to games that have come out in the past 2 years when we say UGLY right....????
marq4porsche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 marq4porsche

[QUOTE="marq4porsche"]

[QUOTE="gameguy6700"] Oblivion looked phenomenal for its time. However, it hasn't aged well at all, mostly thanks to its low resolution textures, bad animations, bad water, and poor quality models (the swords look like bulky plastic toy swords, not like sharp metal blades). This is a problem with the Gamebryo engine in general, and Fallout 3 and NV (especially NV) suffer from the same problems. It also doesn't help that Oblivion had a really bland art styIe that did nothing to aid the graphics. Skyrim itself also looks to suffer from many of Oblivion's same graphics issues. Extremely low resolution textures, bland art styIe, and poor quality models. The only major improvement is the character faces which finally look decent. As a result, people aren't happy with the way Skyrim looks. Personally I'm not even very interested in the game in large part because of the graphics. Usually I don't care too much about graphics, but for some reason Bethesda's games in particular just have a combination of bad graphics and bad art direction that winds up making their games look hideous. Not dated or bad mind you, but downright ugly.gameguy6700

If the game looked significantly better on PC, Bethesda would be showing us nothing but PC screenshots. Instead they're showing console screenshots, which is just about always a smoking gun that indicates that the PC version doesn't look any better than the console version save for higher resolutions and AA. No publisher is going to intentionally handicap their pre-release hype by showing screenshots of a game running at anything other than maximum settings. Thus, the only reason to not show the PC version is if it's likely to do nothing other than piss of PC gamers. A perfect example of this type of behavior was Crysis 2. So no, I'm sure the textures look exactly the same on PC. And like everyone else has said, yes, Skyrim does look better than Oblivion but not to a degree that makes it look like it's running on anything other than a modified version of Gamebryo. Hell, the only reason why people aren't saying it's running on Gamebryo is because Bethesda had to release a press statement saying that it wasn't as a form of damage control when they originally showed off the game to cries of "OMG you lazy bastards are using Gamebryo AGAIN?!"

Yeah, they would show off the game on consoles and it's purely a business decission. They're gonna make a ton of money off of the consoles so why shouldn't they show xbox footage? Plus what studio in their right mind would piss off the majority of their fanbase intentionally? Do you understand how business works? That is not to say I'm not anticipating the PC footage, I know it's gonna look better than what we've seen already. If you think they're gonna use the same textures as consoles than you're gonna be severly disappointed. Bethesda isn't Crytek my friend.

gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 gameguy6700

[QUOTE="gameguy6700"][QUOTE="marq4porsche"]

marq4porsche

Yeah, they would show off the game on consoles and it's purely a business decission. They're gonna make a ton of money off of the consoles so why shouldn't they show xbox footage? Plus what studio in their right mind would piss off the majority of their fanbase intentionally? Do you understand how business works? That is not to say I'm not anticipating the PC footage, I know it's gonna look better than what we've seen already. If you think they're gonna use the same textures as consoles than you're gonna be severly disappointed. Bethesda isn't Crytek my friend.

How would that cause them to lose out on their market? They just show off screenshots of the game on PC. They don't have to say what platform the screenshots are from, and even if they did there's no reason why they would have to say "the console version will look different". In the past when PC versions of games weren't just lazy console ports and thus looked much better than the console versions publishers would release on PC screenshots all the time. Then the game would come out and only then would people find out that the console versions looked nothing like in the pre-release screenshots. This is essentially what Dice is doing with BF3. You'll notice that all the screenshots and videos released thus far are of the PC version, which is because the PC is the lead platform for this game and is likely going to look quite a bit different from the console versions. The same thing was true for Metro 2033. When you see a publisher only releasing screenshots from consoles, the versions that will look the worst, it's never a good sign. This has happened so many times this generation I'm surprised many people still don't get it.
tutt3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tutt3r
Member since 2005 • 2865 Posts

I swear pc gamers have double standards when it comes to video games. PC gamers care the most about graphics, but try to convince others that they are more interested in gameplay and story over graphics. If a game is from a dev they like any graphical or techincal hiccups are excused, but if its a dev/pub they hate only bad things will be said. Everyone gets on these "hating" bandwagons and end up arguing and complaining about a game they never have or will ever play than discussing games they enjoy.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

I swear pc gamers have double standards when it comes to video games. PC gamers care the most about graphics, but try to convince others that they are more interested in gameplay and story over graphics. If a game is from a dev they like any graphical or techincal hiccups are excused, but if its a dev/pub they hate only bad things will be said. Everyone gets on these "hating" bandwagons and end up arguing and complaining about a game they never have or will ever play than discussing games they enjoy.

tutt3r

You say something interesting there, gameplay and story, when did Bethesda reach such standards? it certainly wasn't in their last several titles (obviously the Obsidian New Vegas not included).

For people that consider their games some of the most gruesome abominations created by man, picking on graphics is the only consolation. Modded looks fantastic for still images (artistic) but everything looks awkward (oblivion), for me at least, as a standard game it's pretty bad and I feel sorry for people that still have faith in Bethesda to make it look better than we already saw (Skyrim), it'll be identical, as usual it's up to the community to make a decent story, fix NPCs, make better quests, better textures, alter gameplay or improve it, maybe add some new video features and a lot of content to fill the void world.

They promissed a lot of things, it'll be great if it has all that (economical factors and such AKA a lively world), but what they say sounds awesome while what they show looks like child's play compared to how "complexe" they make it sound, for a studio that always promisses way, way, WAY more than what they can deliver, it's too naive to think "OMG IT GONNA ROCK, THEY SAID SO".

gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 gameguy6700

tutt3r
It would be like if most of the games released for the PS3 looked like PS2 games. You might care most about gameplay, but you'd still be complaining bitterly about the graphics since they would be a generation behind what they should be. That's the problem a lot of PC gamers have. Considering Crysis is four years old, the PC is easily one, if not two, generations ahead of the consoles and yet we're still stuck playing games that look like they're from 2005. There's really no excuse anymore why a PC game shouldn't look like Crysis, Metro, or Witcher 2 when you consider that even titles from upstarts or indie developers like Hard Reset and Hawken look lightyears better than most titles released by major studios.
Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

[QUOTE="tutt3r"]

gameguy6700

It would be like if most of the games released for the PS3 looked like PS2 games. You might care most about gameplay, but you'd still be complaining bitterly about the graphics since they would be a generation behind what they should be. That's the problem a lot of PC gamers have. Considering Crysis is four years old, the PC is easily one, if not two, generations ahead of the consoles and yet we're still stuck playing games that look like they're from 2005. There's really no excuse anymore why a PC game shouldn't look like Crysis, Metro, or Witcher 2 when you consider that even titles from upstarts or indie developers like Hard Reset and Hawken look lightyears better than most titles released by major studios.

Here lies the problem..Not every game is going to be maxed because of the days of consolites..They have to make sure it can run on the xbox blah blah..Skyrim is basically a port to the pc..Its a shame, because thats where bethestha got its start..How ever they care more about consoles now than they do the pc..Its just a fact these days..Thats why they can care less weather or not it fits your standard..Most of us are not as picky when it comes to our games like some of yall..Skyrim still looks pretty good even though its a port..Maybe later on they will introduce a dx11 version of the game..Also thats why there are mods for games these days..You dont have to agree with what bethestha is doing..How ever its how it is these days its unfortunate how ever..Its wrong for them to remember where they got there start..How ever there not the only company doin this..Gta to name one is another..They forget where they got there start..

tutt3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tutt3r
Member since 2005 • 2865 Posts

[QUOTE="tutt3r"]

gameguy6700

My main point was how anything by activision, EA, ubisoft automatically gets a lot of criticism, a lot of it blown completely out of proportion. Games by valve, cdkey, tripwire, etc. people will more often than not defend every action despite glaring flaws in core gameplay citing their dedication to pc gamers as enough reason to love them.

A good example is how everyone trashes COD games for looking bad (but in reality its really isnt) and using the same old engine, but valve gets a pass for using the same engine for the past decade as well. Or how Deus Ex doesnt look the sharpest but everyone looks past that fact because the gameplay is so great, however when people start talking about Crysis 2 they cant seem to stop moaning about how they wished it looked like real life. What about the new Red Orchestra game? It clearly isnt half as good looking as Skyrim or other 2011 releases, but people aren't complaining about its graphics.

Just-Breathe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Just-Breathe
Member since 2011 • 3130 Posts
This is first time I've seen someone say Skyrim looks ugly :? I personally think it looks amazing.
alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 alan_carter
Member since 2009 • 1404 Posts

Still looks pretty good to me, though the character models could have been better. Maybe I'm not picky enough.

caseystryker

Is this modded? well water relection ain't, but that wall texture looks way too sharp.

Anyways, oblivion was impressive when it was released, and still looked awesome 2 years later. Then u just noticed that engine was getting old and noticed most flaws. I've never modded oblivion, and as lot of ppl been sayin, oblivion itself looks beautiful, but what lacked of quality were the faces. They had poor quality, weird colors and they were all about the same. Thats not happenin in skyrim and they also fixed the gay oblivion/fallout character slide side walking.

Horse in oblivion felt like floating and skyrim horse movement isn't that great... but idc, nothing can be worse than the assassins creed horse movement... aghhh disgusting

woonsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 woonsa
Member since 2008 • 6322 Posts
The only thing TRULY UGLY about Oblivion was the faces. And people who think Skyrim doesn't look much improved over Oblivion are not really bothering themselves to SEE.jedinat
THIS. Skyrim is far from ugly.
Mizeak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Mizeak
Member since 2011 • 114 Posts
I think it looks nice, good improvement from oblivion (and daggerfall) and can't wait to play it.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

my only issue is, will it surpass my own personally modded oblivion? :P

morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 morrowindnic
Member since 2004 • 1541 Posts

Texture horrible low res, Low draw distance. Faces are horrible as always. Obvious console port. Shall I go on?

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Texture horrible low res, Low draw distance. Faces are horrible as always. Obvious console port. Shall I go on?

morrowindnic
Every TES game is like that...if you dont like it, then....why are you here?
alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 alan_carter
Member since 2009 • 1404 Posts

morrowindnic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hARh8IzA2-g&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic6dKnv3WdU

On the wild part looks pretty impressive, even those rock textures are pretty simple and as u can see they load when looking at em, but water looks amazing.

Now regarding to npcs, even thou they improved the faces, there are some flickering shadows aroudn their faces/neck just like in oblivion, they walk like retarded and it's terribad when they walk on the stairs..

Anyways, name me a game u've seen that looks graphically better than this? Your expectations are way too far from reality, when this game outperforms graphically any actual game..

-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

The game "looks" fine but it's the other stuff, the stream-lining, that concerns me. After Oblivion I didn't think it was possible for Bethesda to simplify the Elder Scrolls series more than they already had but, if what I've read about Skyrim can be believed, Bethesda may have achieved the unthinkable.

It doesn't really matter to me. This has always been a bargain bin purchase at best.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

FelipeInside

Uhhh...yeah. It's very, very ugly. Sorry if I don't find a randomly generated/SpeedTree'd forest "good looking." Modders put bethesda to shame at their own game.

marq4porsche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 marq4porsche

[QUOTE="tutt3r"]

gameguy6700

So you expect ALL PC games released today to look like Crysis or The Witcher?? Even though this game is many times larger and completely open while those games are. Someone doesn't have a clue about how game development works I see. What about Deus Ex? Portal 2? Dragon Age: Origin? Fallout New Vegas? Team Fortress? WoW? Star Wars, TOP? Do these games have to look like Crysis too? This really does beg the question of if PC gamers only care about graphics.

marq4porsche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 marq4porsche

[QUOTE="wis3boi"][QUOTE="morrowindnic"]

morrowindnic

Every TES game is like that...if you dont like it, then....why are you here?

Hmm lets see "How is skyrim ugly?" Yea I think I answered that. Go troll somewhere else kid.

Have you even seen any footage of the games?

morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 morrowindnic
Member since 2004 • 1541 Posts

[QUOTE="morrowindnic"]

[QUOTE="wis3boi"] Every TES game is like that...if you dont like it, then....why are you here?marq4porsche

Hmm lets see "How is skyrim ugly?" Yea I think I answered that. Go troll somewhere else kid.

Yep, looks like another console game. Clearly low rez tuxtures, low detal LOD, blurry distant textures. ect, ect.

marq4porsche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 marq4porsche

[QUOTE="marq4porsche"]

[QUOTE="morrowindnic"]

morrowindnic

Yep, looks like another console game. Clearly low rez tuxtures, low detal LOD, blurry distant textures. ect, ect.

Good, considering that it's console footage that's how it should look. Now if the PC shots look the same then you can complain, but until then you're wrong.

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

Game looks fine, people are just obsessing over texture quality. Skyrim, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and even Dragon Age 2 all look good enough to get the message across and have enough detail so the environment tells a story.

People want something that looks terrible? Go look at Gothic 2 or Neverwinter Nights 1. I'll admit that I have a really hard time playing early 3D games despite growing up on them. Since 2004 or so graphics hit a level where a game no longer looks 'bad' but simply has less of the new lighting or shadow features that most new games have.