How are you guys liking BF3: Aftermath?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

I'm loving it! Not TOO close for comfort like Close Quarters, but a bit more open. Like Bad Company 2 maps, kinda.

Scavenger is a lot of fun. You guys should check it out.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#2 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
Yeah it's still very infantry focused but with a few vehicles hanging around it makes it like a battlefield game. So far I'm liking the map structure, particularly azadi palace. scavenger was better than expected but remains to be seen if I play it more than CQ or TDM.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#3 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

It's definitely really good and one of the better BF3 DLCs, also Scavenger is well done!

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

haven't downloaded it yet. not in a rush to either

trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts
Loving it so far. I need 1 more Scavenger victory for the Crossbow, so I can check it out. Not too thrilled, but could be useful as a Recon (projectile Tugs). I haven't played BF3 in a while. This brought me back to it. I've missed it D:
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Elann2008
[QUOTE="trastamad03"]Loving it so far. I need 1 more Scavenger victory for the Crossbow, so I can check it out. Not too thrilled, but could be useful as a Recon (projectile Tugs). I haven't played BF3 in a while. This brought me back to it. I've missed it D:

NIce man :D. The drop on the crossbow is insane lol jk. I haven't made one kill with it and got it in scavenger about 4 times. Yeah, this definitely brought me back to BF3.
SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts
I'm surprised anyone still plays BF3. Have they added in-game voip yet?
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Elann2008
I'm surprised anyone still plays BF3. Have they added in-game voip yet?SKaREO
Sadly, no. :/
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#9 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

I'm surprised anyone still plays BF3. SKaREO
Lo are you serious?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Scavenger has been quite fun, as long as my team is competent. But there does seem to be a bug in scavenger that causes the two teams to spawn right next to each other at the start of the match

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nutcrackr
had a blast on talah market and azadi palace last night, these size maps seem well suited to 64 players, action all over the map an not limited to just a few chokepoints.
AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

Maps are well designed like almost all the BF3 maps. I wish they had included more new weapons though. Xbow is fun

trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts
[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="trastamad03"]Loving it so far. I need 1 more Scavenger victory for the Crossbow, so I can check it out. Not too thrilled, but could be useful as a Recon (projectile Tugs). I haven't played BF3 in a while. This brought me back to it. I've missed it D:

NIce man :D. The drop on the crossbow is insane lol jk. I haven't made one kill with it and got it in scavenger about 4 times. Yeah, this definitely brought me back to BF3.

Ya I noticed, lol. Got to try it out during a Scavenger match, didn't get a single kill D:
SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SKaREO

[QUOTE="SKaREO"]I'm surprised anyone still plays BF3. mitu123

Lo are you serious?

When you could play Team Fortress 2 for free instead of paying $120 for Call of Duty with vehicles, yeah I'm surprised people are that stupid.
jtcraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jtcraft
Member since 2005 • 2770 Posts
I like it. The maps are great though I wish there were more new weapons.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lostrib

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="SKaREO"]I'm surprised anyone still plays BF3. SKaREO

Lo are you serious?

When you could play Team Fortress 2 for free instead of paying $120 for Call of Duty with vehicles, yeah I'm surprised people are that stupid.

Yes, how dare people have different preferences

nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nunovlopes
Member since 2009 • 2638 Posts

Absolutely fantatisc! Markahz Monolith, or whatever it's called, is a really really good map. The maps are infantry-focused but with vehicles, kind of like Strike at Karkand. And they're incredibly well designed, filled with many different paths, tunels, passages, bridges, really good.

nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nunovlopes

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="SKaREO"]I'm surprised anyone still plays BF3. SKaREO

Lo are you serious?

LOL at comparing TF2 to BF3. To each its own I guess.

lockjaw333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lockjaw333
Member since 2003 • 1743 Posts
I think the maps are perfect as far as size and chokepoints and such. Not too large so as to cause a lot of dead time, but not too small so as to feel cramped (close quarters). Loving them.
SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SKaREO

[QUOTE="SKaREO"][QUOTE="mitu123"] Lo are you serious?

nunovlopes

I compared BF3 to Call of Duty with vehicles. TF2 is not comparable to garbage, because it's a decent game that's (sort of) competitive, and it basically started the whole class-based shooter thing.
with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#21 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I haven't felt the need to buy any BF3 DLC's, although I am curious about them. I guess DLC like this doesn't go on sale very often.

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SKaREO
I have to admit, the graphics are the best I've ever seen from a browser-based game.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lostrib

I have to admit, the graphics are the best I've ever seen from a browser-based game.SKaREO

Terrible trolling

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
I've yet to pick it up. It's funny, I spent hundreds of hours playing Bad Company 2, but haven't mustered to put more than 20 into this game. The infantry combat just doesn't feel that good to me, particularly after playing RO2 before this. And there's a general theme of blandness that the game can't seem to shake.
with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#25 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I've yet to pick it up. It's funny, I spent hundreds of hours playing Bad Company 2, but haven't mustered to put more than 20 into this game. The infantry combat just doesn't feel that good to me, particularly after playing RO2 before this. And there's a general theme of blandness that the game can't seem to shake. KHAndAnime

yea I started playing RO2 after BF3 and haven't been able to get back into BF3 afterwards. I think BFBC2's game mechanics and Rush maps made for better teamwork. Rush in BF3 just doesn't work well on any of the maps, and Conquest just feels like madness most of the time.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Elann2008

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]I've yet to pick it up. It's funny, I spent hundreds of hours playing Bad Company 2, but haven't mustered to put more than 20 into this game. The infantry combat just doesn't feel that good to me, particularly after playing RO2 before this. And there's a general theme of blandness that the game can't seem to shake. with_teeth26

yea I started playing RO2 after BF3 and haven't been able to get back into BF3 afterwards. I think BFBC2's game mechanics and Rush maps made for better teamwork. Rush in BF3 just doesn't work well on any of the maps, and Conquest just feels like madness most of the time.

Yes, and no. Part of me agrees what some of your points. I loved BC2. And I also like BF3 a lot. I just feel like there are more "Rambo's and one man army" type of players in BF3 than BC2. Where as BC2's overall design trains players to play as a team. All this could have been avoided though had they included in-game VOIP. Oh well.. :/
Rawtheory333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Rawtheory333
Member since 2005 • 474 Posts

These new maps are what BF3 should have been the whole time. They are amazing and on my new 660ti look incredible. For all those that forgo the premium I highly recommend this dlc. Its better then Karkand.

nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nunovlopes

[QUOTE="nunovlopes"]

[QUOTE="SKaREO"] When you could play Team Fortress 2 for free instead of paying $120 for Call of Duty with vehicles, yeah I'm surprised people are that stupid.SKaREO

I compared BF3 to Call of Duty with vehicles. TF2 is not comparable to garbage, because it's a decent game that's (sort of) competitive, and it basically started the whole class-based shooter thing.

BF3 IMO is a vastly better game than TF2, it's not even funny. TF2 is just too small and limited to be of interest to me. Also, it has virtually no teamwork mechanics in place like squads, team mate spawning and such. At least not when I played a few years ago. It was just a huge clusterf*ck of people running around doing their own thing.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

6iYdZ.jpg

That said, I still enjoy it.

nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 nunovlopes

6iYdZ.jpg

wis3boi

LOL so true

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lostrib

[QUOTE="SKaREO"][QUOTE="nunovlopes"]

nunovlopes

BF3 IMO is a vastly better game than TF2, it's not even funny. TF2 is just too small and limited to be of interest to me. Also, it has virtually no teamwork mechanics in place like squads, team mate spawning and such. At least not when I played a few years ago. It was just a huge clusterf*ck of people running around doing their own thing.

There's more to teamwork than spawning on squad mates

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Elann2008

6iYdZ.jpg

wis3boi
LOL true. After playing on the Aftermath maps, I can't go back to the others. xD I want more maps like them.
nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 nunovlopes

[QUOTE="nunovlopes"]

[QUOTE="SKaREO"] I compared BF3 to Call of Duty with vehicles. TF2 is not comparable to garbage, because it's a decent game that's (sort of) competitive, and it basically started the whole class-based shooter thing.lostrib

Of course, no question there, a well-coordinated team with VoIP will wipe the floor with the other team. And those who want to go lone wolf will ignore any teamwork-related elements that are available. Still, I appreciate it when the game provides built-in mechanisms that facilitate teamwork, such as spotting, teammate spawning, squads, laser designation, and so on.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="nunovlopes"]

nunovlopes

Of course, no question there, a well-coordinated team with VoIP will wipe the floor with the other team. And those who want to go lone wolf will ignore any teamwork-related elements that are available. Still, I appreciate it when the game provides built-in mechanisms that facilitate teamwork, such as spotting, teammate spawning, squads, laser designation, and so on.

Unfortunately BF3 lacks built in VOIP. TF2 has a lot of team work involved, if you want to win

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 nutcrackr
yellow or orange filter, these maps are amazing. Having a blast in scavenge and conquest. Flying through the half destroyed building in markaz was fun :)
humpmasterflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 humpmasterflex
Member since 2003 • 363 Posts

Nope, with planetside 2 out, i dont see myself coming back to bf3 at least for the next 6 months

Wahab_MinSeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 Wahab_MinSeo
Member since 2011 • 35 Posts
it's Lovely With Lovely Maps , but the bad is there is not a lot of weapons!