This topic is locked from further discussion.

CptDiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CptDiaz
Member since 2006 • 32 Posts

hi all, i just bought BF2142 ...downloaded and installed all patches and when loading the next map it CTD or w/e you call it lol it tells me some memory error and the loading just stops at 50 % aprox.

PC Specs:

Vista 32-Bit Edition

Nvidia 7600 GT

Intel CD2 4300 @1.8 ghz

3582 DDR2 MB RAM

SB ! Live 24-bit 5.1

i have installed the patches in the following order lol 1.01, 1.5, 1.6, 1.10, 1.20, 1.25 ...uninstalled and reinstalled the game a couple of times and the problem goes on PLZ HELP ...i dont have anybody around that can help me with my this thing

any help will be apreciated, already cheked out EA battlefield webpage but i didnt help much

baddogjmh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 baddogjmh
Member since 2003 • 2075 Posts
If it is your first time loading...IT will take a good 5 min to load.
rainierflu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rainierflu
Member since 2006 • 207 Posts
Did you try the demo before buying the game?
wicster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 wicster
Member since 2005 • 242 Posts
reinstall the game and DL the FULL 1.25 patch, never get incremental patches,
FragMonkey09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 FragMonkey09
Member since 2005 • 1543 Posts
Yes donwload the full patch. Only use the incremental when downloading the next version, if your current version is up to date.
CptDiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CptDiaz

yeah i tried the demo first, but i erased every trase of it before installing the complete game, so what do i do ? uninstall the game and install it then install 1.25 ? nothing more ?

my loading stops (i think so) some where around 50 % ... then i hit crtl+alt+del and a small window opens saying " BF2142 Memory Error" the pointer instead of being a walker becomes a 'sand clock' w/e thats called lol

every time there is a new map loading .... its not the first time a join a server

TY FOR YOUR HELP :D

inyourface_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 inyourface_12
Member since 2006 • 14757 Posts

yeah i tried the demo first, but i erased every trase of it before installing the complete game, so what do i do ? uninstall the game and install it then install 1.25 ? nothing more ?

my loading stops (i think so) some where around 50 % ... then i hit crtl+alt+del and a small window opens saying " BF2142 Memory Error" the pointer instead of being a walker becomes a 'sand clock' w/e thats called lol

every time there is a new map loading .... its not the first time a join a server

TY FOR YOUR HELP :D

CptDiaz

how long do you wait cuz it takes a long time

wicster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 wicster
Member since 2005 • 242 Posts
it doesn't take a long time, i have 2GB ram 6800 GT mid/high settings ish and it takes about 15 seconds or less for me.
CptDiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CptDiaz

so wtf do i do ? i wait the time is supposed to be, the game suddenly 'stops working' sometimes, but the loading of a new map always gets stopped at aprox 50 % and then the BF2142 memory error thing ....

i first tried the game with 1.25 installed only and it keep making the same thing :(

PLZ ANY HELP WILL BE APRECIATED

Krall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Krall
Member since 2002 • 16463 Posts

so wtf do i do ? i wait the time is supposed to be, the game suddenly 'stops working' sometimes, but the loading of a new map always gets stopped at aprox 50 % and then the BF2142 memory error thing ....

i first tried the game with 1.25 installed only and it keep making the same thing :(

PLZ ANY HELP WILL BE APRECIATED

CptDiaz

It always gets stuck at 50% and then picks up after a few mintues for the first time....unless you keep changing your graphic settings. Each time you change them the game has to 'recalibrate'.

Is it doing this for both single player and online?

BTW, don't Ctrl/Alt/Del out of the game when you first start playing it. Let it sit at 50% and go have a snack or something :)

Liliroots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Liliroots
Member since 2004 • 1411 Posts
Just don't touch your computer when it's at 50%. And if you want...go have a snack like Krall said.
killergt1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 killergt1
Member since 2003 • 55 Posts

u guys just keep missing the fact that it says memory error, thats not normal....are you guys really paying attentoin to what you read before you reply?

I'd say you uninstall your game, re-install, and patch it with 1.25, and you're more than likely good to go. If that doesn't work, make sue you actually have atleast a few gigs of free space on your main hardrive.. sometimes you might literally just run out of space for the game to use as it loads files. Give it atleast a gig of free space.

CptDiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CptDiaz

so it is normal for the game to stop at 50 % and then go on(after a few minutes)? i mean even the music stops ... and the 'loading walker' turns into the 'sand clock' ....the gamestops working anyway now and then ...during the game

all of this is on titan mode online ...when loading new maps, and sometimes it 'stops working' out of nowhere during play

im going toleave it loading at 50 % for a few minutes as some of you say ....but it still stops workingsometimes during play

TY ALL ...gonna try playing in afew minutes, my account name is CptDiaz add me if you want

killergt1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 killergt1
Member since 2003 • 55 Posts

the "hour glass" is what it is called. That should not be appearing, and the music should continue to play if things are going normally...the hour glass only appears if something in the background is trying to load...but it shouldn't be because you are running the game. It's just not normal for that to happen.

Your best bet isto uninstall, reinstall, and repatch correctly. Be sure that when you patch ur game, ur game is NOT running.

CptDiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CptDiaz

omfg ... i was playing right now, normally ....titan mode,around with my hateful PAC tank... and the game suddenly CDT, vista said like BF2142.exe has stopped working ...

wtf :S

so yeah im uninstalling it and installing with 1.25 patch only .... right ?

TY ALL SORRY IF IM ANNOYING BUT I JUST WANNA PLAY WITHOUT PROBSLoL

JAksmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JAksmaster
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
yeah, just uninstall and install the game, install 1.25patch, and try it out. It should work, What was ur memory again?
CptDiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CptDiaz

yeah i uninstalled the game, installed it with 1.25 and it keeps up with the memory error ...when changing map in titan mode(online) it suddenly stops ....the walker turns into a hour glass and nothing happens ...no background music too

i have 24 GB free in my hardrive so that should be the problem

TY ALL FOR YOUR HELP, BUT THE PROBLEM IS STILL THERE :(

burticvs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 burticvs
Member since 2005 • 187 Posts

I googled your problem and found this, give it a shot since you have the 3GB+ RAM. Looks like it is a 3GB enabler for SC3 but has worked for other games.

http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/board/message?board.id=Vista&message.id=17356#M17356

Edit: What is the exact error message you're getting anyways? If you're getting an error message at all of course. Another potential fix...

http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbattlefield/topic.asp?fid=18377&tid=2063840

CptDiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CptDiaz
so yeah i downloaded that 3GB enabler called X6 ...what do i do now with ? just leave it there or put it on some BF2142 file ?
burticvs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 burticvs
Member since 2005 • 187 Posts
Open the readme.txt is usually a good start.