Help please, interenet freezing my new computer!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TakaNui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 TakaNui
Member since 2004 • 3118 Posts
My specs are in my sig first off. Now, I use the Dlink wireless adapter to connect to my network. Its # is WUA-1340. I've updated the drivers and such and it works fine. But I go on Internet Explorer or Firefox or Steam then it freezes after about 5-20 minutes. Yet, I can get on Xfire and Halo 2 online and itl be fine! But when I download, stream videos, or surf the net my network disconnnects and freezes my entire computer! Thus requiring a manual shutdown! We've looked up so many times trying to found out whats wrong and we cant find anything! What could be the problem? Help, please!
kodex1717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 kodex1717
Member since 2005 • 5925 Posts
Hmm, have you performed a Virus and Spyware scan?
TakaNui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TakaNui
Yes, all clean
chadw_genx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 chadw_genx
Member since 2005 • 229 Posts

Ok,

Try this:

Hold your windows logo key (between ctrl & alt) and press r. This will bring up the run menu in Vista. From there type cmd and press enter to go into your command prompt. From here type nslookup www.google.com and wait and see how long it takes to resolve the nameservers. If you're having trouble iwth this command a quick fix would be to reset your winsock. To do this type in netsh winsock reset /catalog at the command prompt line. Hope this helps :)

TakaNui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TakaNui
Didnt help, still freezes, :(