This topic is locked from further discussion.

darkpiggy17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 darkpiggy17
Member since 2007 • 126 Posts

I've been a console gamer for like... forever. I've never been able to get into pc gaming because it costs more and in some ways just seemed overwhelming to me. But with games like Starcraft 2 and (hopefully before too long...) Diablo 3 coming out, i feel like i should broaden my gaming capabilities. The problem is, when it comes to hardware, i'm utterly lost. So. Here's the thing. I didn't post this in the stickied thread because it's not about whether my pc can run a game right now, because i'm sure it can't. :D

I recently bought a laptop for college, and it's pretty decent as far as i know. But, as i said, that isn't much.
It has 4gb of ram, an intel core i3 processor (which from what i've heard is...good?) and a pretty terrible graphics card. I think it's an HP GMA HD. But no numbers with that. I tried looking it up and all i find is 8440p GMA HD and the like, which certainly sound a lot more intense than the one i've got. At any rate, taking all that into account, i just want to know what exactly i'd need to buy if i want to be able to run games like the ones listed above...not necessarily at the highest settings or anything, but i'd prefer not to be running the bare minimum either. Find a happy medium for a guy who has no idea what he's doing and has a reasonable budget. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

gohan2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 gohan2710
Member since 2005 • 4315 Posts

Go here and ask for help: http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_topics.php?board_id=314159272&tag=platform-forums%3Btitle%3B3

Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3 Steameffekt
Member since 2008 • 4950 Posts

How does "PC Hardware Discussion" always missed? It's just one forum board down. :|