HD picture getting worse?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MikeMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 MikeMoose
Member since 2005 • 3079 Posts

So this Christmas I bought myself a new Vizio 32 inch LCD HDTV as a gift to myself. When I first got it all hooked up with HD and popped in Battlefield 3, it looked absoulutely flawless and I was blown away. Its my third day of having it now, and I feel like the picture has already worsen. I played a few of the same levels over on Battlefield just to make sure it wasn't just me thinking the picture had worsen, and It definitely isn't just me. The textures dont load nearly as fast and are choppy at times, and it flat out just doesn't look as good as it did before. I'll be the first to admit that I know almost nothing about Tv's and how they work, and I don't know if this is a problem with my Xbox itself or the Tv. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Newportzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Newportzzz
Member since 2011 • 48 Posts

It might be your HDMI cable. Check to see if its plugged in all the way. I've never heard of a HDTV going bad after just one day. BTW the textures aka FPS is not due to the TV but actually the game itself or in most cases the game console that you're playing on.

rastan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rastan
Member since 2003 • 1405 Posts
You were excited when you got it so you didn't notice the flaws. Now you are looking at it more skeptically and seeing the picture flaws.
Newportzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Newportzzz
Member since 2011 • 48 Posts
You were excited when you got it so you didn't notice the flaws. Now you are looking at it more skeptically and seeing the picture flaws.rastan
This also. When I got my first HD TV I did this. The next day, realized the flaws.
dackchaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dackchaar
Member since 2005 • 3668 Posts

Textures loading in more slowly is purely based on the xbox. The tv would have nothing to do with that.

dj_pulserfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 dj_pulserfan
Member since 2007 • 3102 Posts

Well you bought yourself a Vizio, that could be the main thing here.