GTIV + Arma II Sale - Questions about performance

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Aslyum_Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Aslyum_Beast
Member since 2008 • 975 Posts

Ive been waiting for GTA to go on sale for a long time because its been a while since ive experience a GTA game since my nephews lost San andreas. My question is does the game run well on most Computers? the basics of what I have is in my sig.

I also want to know how Arma II runs and which one of these games are more worth it for someone who likes games like Saints Row 2 and BFBC2.

dansnipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 dansnipe
Member since 2005 • 237 Posts

My rig is similar except for a 2.4gig intel quad processor and a radeon 4870 which is near on par with the 250 i believe, GTA runs pretty smooth but its no ware near on full. Im running it on windows 7 though and i did notice better performance than when i ran it under xp64.

sabbath2gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 sabbath2gamer
Member since 2007 • 2515 Posts
Your computer is pretty low end so i wouldn't expect a satisfactory experience.
LTZH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 LTZH
Member since 2003 • 2704 Posts
Your computer is pretty low end so i wouldn't expect a satisfactory experience. sabbath2gamer
LOL, it's better than yours...At OP, don't expect to max out GTA 4 or ARMA 2, they're some of the hardest games to run on the PC...But you should be ok.
Bigsteve3570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Bigsteve3570
Member since 2009 • 975 Posts

Ive been waiting for GTA to go on sale for a long time because its been a while since ive experience a GTA game since my nephews lost San andreas. My question is does the game run well on most Computers? the basics of what I have is in my sig.

I also want to know how Arma II runs and which one of these games are more worth it for someone who likes games like Saints Row 2 and BFBC2.

Aslyum_Beast
Both games torture the CPU moreso than the GPU, but you still need a pretty beefy gpu either way.
sabbath2gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sabbath2gamer
[QUOTE="sabbath2gamer"]Your computer is pretty low end so i wouldn't expect a satisfactory experience. LTZH
LOL, it's better than yours...At OP, don't expect to max out GTA 4 or ARMA 2, they're some of the hardest games to run on the PC...But you should be ok.

he changed his sig but i remember it was an Athlon 635, and a gts 250. My cpu murders his Not that this is a contest but i just felt like correcting you.
Aslyum_Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Aslyum_Beast

So there is no point getting this game because it will destroy my AMD Athlon II 635 X4 and my GTS 250?

Ikavnieks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Ikavnieks
Member since 2007 • 2848 Posts

So there is no point getting this game because it will destroy my AMD Athlon II 635 X4 and my GTS 250?

Aslyum_Beast
I think you'll be fine, ignore sabbath, I run Arma 2 on normal high and I rarely see below 30fps, the only time I did was when loads of units were generated at once.
slabber44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 slabber44
Member since 2004 • 985 Posts

Not nessescerily destroy it, but you will have to dumby it down to get somewhat smooth framerates.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

You'll be fine. The latest patch raelly improved performance across the board.

Aslyum_Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Aslyum_Beast

[QUOTE="Aslyum_Beast"]

Ikavnieks

I think you'll be fine, ignore sabbath, I run Arma 2 on normal high and I rarely see below 30fps, the only time I did was when loads of units were generated at once.

All i really want is about 35 FPS during large battles. is it really THAT bad?

Aslyum_Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Aslyum_Beast

You'll be fine. The latest patch raelly improved performance across the board.

Wasdie

Alright. I went ahead and bought the GTA IV. I am hoping for the best here, mostly FPS range not graphical.

sabbath2gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sabbath2gamer

well now you are just switching from gta to arma. I gave you my advice. I said it wouldn't be too great. Don't make me the bad guy just cause i gave you a bad remark on your rig. That comes hand in hand with posting a "can i run it" type of thread.

Since you said you don't care for graphics, i guess you could run it on the lowest resoltuion with everything on low. You could put a setting or two on medium but it really won't make a difference or make it look prettier. I know from experience. Now that i have my 980gt its okay. But my quad and 6gb of ram are more of the problem solvers here. GTA really loves cpu power and ram.

Aslyum_Beast

How did you come up with this concolusion. I clearly wasn't referring to you, nor the game gta.

Sorry if i am coming off as rude but that seems to be the only way to reach out to you.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#15 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
ARMA2 runs better and is the better game imo