This topic is locked from further discussion.

advait007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 advait007
Member since 2005 • 56 Posts

well i have 3gb ram core 2 duo 2.2 ghz,7300gs nvidia graphic card.windows 7 ultimate 32bit.

i m gettin 5 fps.i feel like crying.

can you help me in increasing the fps.by decreasing the graphics quality or any thing.i wanna play the game ..

plz help me.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts
Your video card is the problem. Do you have the money for a new one?
GenTom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#3 GenTom
Member since 2005 • 5945 Posts
turn off um.. in the options menu the video recording (i forget what it's actually called). the replay video recording thing, that'll give you quite a significant FPS boost. Also, turn down view distance and car density, that'll help a lot.
darx55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 darx55
Member since 2008 • 1528 Posts
get a new video card really,or maybe try lowering the resolution/graphics to the minium...but i doubt it will be playable without a new gpu..
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

Turn off your....PC and watch TV or something.

That's about all you can do with it regarding games in general. You have no graphics card, that's your problem a 7300 gs is nothing, even less than nothing.

All you can do is to get a real graphics card, or you can just forget about PC gaming, if you plan on playing relatively recent games (games that are older than 3-4 years should work just fine).

eagle63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 eagle63
Member since 2004 • 537 Posts

these guys are correct your vid card is crap.but i suspect your cpu might also be a problem.gta4 is VERY cpu intensive,i had the same problem you have so i replaced my old graphics card with a gts 250 and gta4 still run like crap {low fps},gta4 runs best on quad core cpu,s. i replaced my cpu with a 70$ pentiume5300 2.6 ghz dual corebefore i could get acceptable frame rates on med settings.also make sure to apply the latest patch {i think 1.4 for gta4} it will help a little.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Your videocard is the problem BUT a dual core 2.2ghz is crap for games nowadays, especially for gta iv that requires a quad core to perfom well!!
superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 superclocked
Your videocard is the problem BUT a dual core 2.2ghz is crap for games nowadays, especially for gta iv that requires a quad core to perfom well!!dakan45
His CPU is fine. He just needs to overclock it. I can max out GTA IV with ease on my dual core, but it is superclocked =P
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dakan45
[QUOTE="dakan45"]Your videocard is the problem BUT a dual core 2.2ghz is crap for games nowadays, especially for gta iv that requires a quad core to perfom well!!superclocked
His CPU is fine. He just needs to overclock it. I can max out GTA IV with ease on my dual core, but it is superclocked =P

I Couldnt max mine with overclocked 3.0ghz dual core cpu, so i will strongly suggest to use quad core cpu while playing gta iv, and for that game a 2.2ghz cpu is a no go, as far as i can say.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DanielDust
[QUOTE="superclocked"][QUOTE="dakan45"]Your videocard is the problem BUT a dual core 2.2ghz is crap for games nowadays, especially for gta iv that requires a quad core to perfom well!!dakan45

I Couldnt max mine with overclocked 3.0ghz dual core cpu, so i will strongly suggest to use quad core cpu while playing gta iv, and for that game a 2.2ghz cpu is a no go, as far as i can say.

Was that a Pentium D (or the so called 5) ? because those were trash compared to C2D.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dakan45
[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="superclocked"]His CPU is fine. He just needs to overclock it. I can max out GTA IV with ease on my dual core, but it is superclocked =PDanielDust

Was that a Pentium D (or the so called 5) ? because those were trash compared to C2D.

...AMD :D
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DanielDust

[QUOTE="DanielDust"][QUOTE="dakan45"] I Couldnt max mine with overclocked 3.0ghz dual core cpu, so i will strongly suggest to use quad core cpu while playing gta iv, and for that game a 2.2ghz cpu is a no go, as far as i can say.dakan45

Oh...well it's pretty much the same :P, but yeah even tho it's fast compared to most dual core 2.2 CPUs, it might have some problems, but nothing that lowering the settings can't fix.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dakan45
[QUOTE="DanielDust"][QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="DanielDust"] Was that a Pentium D (or the so called 5) ? because those were trash compared to C2D.

Oh...well it's pretty much the same :P, but yeah even tho it's fast compared to most dual core 2.2 CPUs, it might have some problems, but nothing that lowering the settings couldn't fix.

I thought Intel cpus are faster than amd cpus, a lie?
superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 superclocked
[QUOTE="superclocked"][QUOTE="dakan45"]Your videocard is the problem BUT a dual core 2.2ghz is crap for games nowadays, especially for gta iv that requires a quad core to perfom well!!dakan45

I can see why you would say that. But he would just need to lower the settings a bit and buy a new video card to play the game with decent settings. The 4850 is only $100 now, and it would be perfect for his system...
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="superclocked"]His CPU is fine. He just needs to overclock it. I can max out GTA IV with ease on my dual core, but it is superclocked =Psuperclocked

I can see why you would say that. But he would just need to lower the settings a bit and buy a new video card to play the game with decent settings. The 4850 is only $100 now, and it would be perfect for his system...

According to my experiance, you cant lower the settings "a bit" and play at "decent" settings with ^THAT^ cpu!!!

But anyway that was my gta iv experiance!:P

fudgeblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 fudgeblood
Member since 2008 • 3165 Posts

I have friends playing with dual cores and 8800GT's who run it fine on med-high. You don't need a quad core to play GTA IV (There are people playing fine on even worse CPU's than his too).
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="superclocked"]His CPU is fine. He just needs to overclock it. I can max out GTA IV with ease on my dual core, but it is superclocked =Pfudgeblood

I have friends playing with dual cores and 8800GT's who run it fine onmed-high. You don't need a quad core to play GTA IV (There are people playing fine on even worse CPU's than his too).

He said max, i said max, yet you said med-high....

Seriously, my point was never that you cant play gta iv on a dual core, but if you wanna max, then you need a quad core!

In any case i dont believe that you can possibly play gta iv on a 2.0ghz (or lower) dualcore cpu, with steady framerate, not even on low settings. Accordign to my experiancem you gonna lag like hell!

fudgeblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 fudgeblood

[QUOTE="fudgeblood"][QUOTE="dakan45"] I Couldnt max mine with overclocked 3.0ghz dual core cpu, so i will strongly suggest to use quad core cpu while playing gta iv, and for that game a 2.2ghz cpu is a no go, as far as i can say.dakan45

I have friends playing with dual cores and 8800GT's who run it fine onmed-high. You don't need a quad core to play GTA IV (There are people playing fine on even worse CPU's than his too).

He said max, i said max, yet you said med-high....

I know, but it many other posts you've made you go on about how you need a quad just to run GTA IV and in your post you said this: "so i will strongly suggest to use quad core cpu while playing gta iv, and for that game a 2.2ghz cpu is a no go,", I was saying how my friend can run it fine with that CPU. As others have said, it's not his CPU it's his GPU.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dakan45
Ok but if i judge by my experiance with gta iv, that cpu is not gonna do much even with a brand new videocard!!
fudgeblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 fudgeblood
Ok but if i judge by my experiance with gta iv, that cpu is not gonna do much even with a brand new videocard!!dakan45
Your experience =/= his experience. Even if his CPU did hold him back he isn't going to get anywhere with that GPU.
badtaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 badtaker
Member since 2009 • 3806 Posts
Minimum of 7900 (256) video card is required to play the game.Everything else meets the Minimum requirements May be it will run on lower setting after that. If you have console then buy GTA 4 for it.
darx55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 darx55
Member since 2008 • 1528 Posts
Ok but if i judge by my experiance with gta iv, that cpu is not gonna do much even with a brand new videocard!!dakan45
true,but ocing it will help a lot.my e2200@3ghz plays the game nicely on med settings and thats because of my crappy 3850..
TerroRizing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TerroRizing
Member since 2007 • 3210 Posts

for gta iv, you want a cpu with atleast 3 cores and atleast an 8800. Its not the best port in the world, but it works decent with three cpu cores or more.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dakan45
[QUOTE="dakan45"]Ok but if i judge by my experiance with gta iv, that cpu is not gonna do much even with a brand new videocard!!darx55
true,but ocing it will help a lot.my e2200@3ghz plays the game nicely on med settings and thats because of my crappy 3850..

Trust me even if you had an 8600gt, you wouldnt see much diffirence, you still be on medium settings!!