Got me some new parts

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TDuiker
Member since 2004 • 11689 Posts

I just got some new parts in for my new build :D

KyleGates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 KyleGates
Member since 2002 • 2997 Posts

Those do indeed look like new parts.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Glad to see you went with the dominator style after all, looks good.

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TDuiker

Indeed looks good, and works good also. The sabertooth was heavier then i expected :P Im runnign this new mobo right now, i still gotta fiddle with some stuff..

joseph_mach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By joseph_mach
Member since 2003 • 3898 Posts

Wait a second here....looks at the date on the picture...looks at the posting time...looks back at the date on the picture...looks back at the posting time...

Either you've overcome the odds and discovered time travel, or your computers internet connection is really, really slow.

lol..just kidding man. Nice parts. We're looking forward to seeing the finished results...3 months from now, but dated today. =D

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TDuiker

Thank you joseph mach, and LOLed. And right now i got a temporary situation, since in about 2 months ill get a new case, psu, coolers, maybe some SSDs. so i can take a pic now if theres demand, but im more inclined to do so until i have actually finished my rig.. This is just fase 2 :P

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@joseph_mach said:

Wait a second here....looks at the date on the picture...looks at the posting time...looks back at the date on the picture...looks back at the posting time...

Either you've overcome the odds and discovered time travel, or your computers internet connection is really, really slow.

Or your just stupid...

For some of us, including the TC I suspect, is NOT from the US, in which case, the picture was taken yesterday.

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TDuiker

@GTR12 said:

@joseph_mach said:

Or your just stupid...

For some of us, including the TC I suspect, is NOT from the US, in which case, the picture was taken yesterday.

euh, he clearly stated "lol..just kidding man" ......................

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

not enough cold cathode lights. you are not a PC gamer until your rig looks like a christmas tree.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@TDuiker said:

@GTR12 said:

@joseph_mach said:

Or your just stupid...

That was in regards to slightly derailing the post.

joseph_mach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By joseph_mach
Member since 2003 • 3898 Posts

@GTR12 said:

@TDuiker said:

@GTR12 said:

@joseph_mach said:

Or your just stupid...

That was in regards to slightly derailing the post.

I believe you meant to write " Or "you're" just stupid there my friend. But, allow me to say that I'm sorry GTR12 for "slightly derailing" the post by having a bit of fun in this community of friends that come in to share their ideas, thoughts, photos, etc.

And oh, having been in the military and seeing dates written out in all sorts of formats, I knew it was taken the day before. But enough of this. =)

Cheers on your parts TDuiker! Keep those "time traveling" photos coming my friend!

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TDuiker

LOLz I have to say the stock LGA1150 cooler suckz ballz, but then thats what fase 3 is for :

Corsair 900D, Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860i, 4X Noctua NF-F12 for on the H100I, and one Noctua NF-A14 as rear exhaust.

What ill do after that whe shall see :D

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TDuiker

It might look messy, but dont you worry. ill be getting a new case shortly anyways :P

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

Happy with the performance?

And bench it ;)

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TDuiker

Happy with the performance hmmm.... Well let me put it this way, i found out this weekend that bf3 has a 200FPS cap on it :P:P

As for benches.. meh, ill be getting a H100I and crank it up to 4.6 or there about.. the stock cooler suckz ballz.

Anyways ive been modding my GPU, and it came out better then i expected :D

In case you cant tell i made the green "geforce gtx" white.. and it looks sick..

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Good choice of parts :) and yeah do need a new case ;)

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TDuiker
@GarGx1 said:

Good choice of parts :) and yeah do need a new case ;)

Well in approximatly 6 weeks ill be buying a 900D, H100i, AX860i, 4 NF-F12 fans, 1 NF-A14 fan, and maybe a Logitech G502 mouse.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@TDuiker:

That's going to be a nice build, when you're finished.

I've done a near full new build this year as well but went a slightly different route from you. I went with

i7 4770k

Gigabyte UD3H Z87 mobo

16 Gb Avexir 'blue strobe' 2400 RAM

Zalman Reserator Max 3 (It has good reviews but it's also blue lit, so fitted with my build)

I was going to wait for the Maxwell cards to release but my GTX 590 died this morning, so I've ordered a Gigabyte 780ti

Enjoy your system :D

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

I don't want to be the first to say it but poor choice of parts... from a performance perspective:

soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 soolkiki
Member since 2008 • 1783 Posts

Beautiful! I love me some new PC parts!!

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TDuiker

@GarGx1 said:

@TDuiker:

That's going to be a nice build, when you're finished.

I've done a near full new build this year as well but went a slightly different route from you. I went with

i7 4770k

Gigabyte UD3H Z87 mobo

16 Gb Avexir 'blue strobe' 2400 RAM

Zalman Reserator Max 3 (It has good reviews but it's also blue lit, so fitted with my build)

I was going to wait for the Maxwell cards to release but my GTX 590 died this morning, so I've ordered a Gigabyte 780ti

Enjoy your system :D

Thnx, and you enjoy yours :D I forgot i am also getting a Bluray burner.. Just to combine my dvd burner and blu ray player in 1 drive :P

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Grey_Eyed_Elf

@TDuiker said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

I don't want to be the first to say it but poor choice of parts... from a performance perspective:

Im from holland you dumb shit ...

Since you are rude... for a extra 22 Euro you could have got a 4770K.

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TDuiker

It is irelevant, gaming doesnt use hyperthreading.

And IM rude, youre the one who comes in here wanting to be a smartass, and start a pissing contest.

You couldnt just be like oh thats nice.. noooo you come along with 2 huge ass pictures about my poor choice of parts performance wise. and then you come along with a cheap ass motherboard wich is fugly if you want my opinion

I liked the look of the sabertooth, and its ruggidness ( for a lack of a better word, i dont give a shit about that G45 gaming mobo and the 4770K is 97 bucks more if you actually look fuckin closely..

And now im done with this pissing contest, you will probably be a troll and contineu, but dont expect a reply..

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Grey_Eyed_Elf

@TDuiker said:

And IM rude, youre the one who comes in here wanting to be a smartass, and start a pissing contest.

You couldnt just be like oh thats nice.. noooo you come along with 2 huge ass pictures about my poor choice of parts performance wise. and then you come along with a cheap ass motherboard wich is fugly if you want my opinion

I liked the look of the sabertooth, and its ruggidness ( for a lack of a better word, i dont give a shit about that G45 gaming mobo and the 4770K is 97 bucks more if you actually look fuckin closely..

And now im done with this pissing contest, you will probably be a troll and contineu, but dont expect a reply..

So you started a new thread to show of pictures of your new build rather than using the sticky and the first person that criticizes your build you call a dumb shit?...

soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By soolkiki
Member since 2008 • 1783 Posts

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

@TDuiker said:

So you started a new thread to show of pictures of your new build rather than using the sticky and the first person that criticizes your build you call a dumb shit?...

My face went from :D to D: when I saw that. Geez dude...he wasn't rude, he was just giving you some pointers...

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm talking about TD, not you Grey haha

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TDuiker

Giving me pointers.. "I don't want to be the first to say it but poor choice of parts... from a performance perspective" in other words : i dont want to be the first to say, but i will say it anyways. You are a dumb person for chosing the parts that you did.. and so on..

I dont have to justify my purchases to any of you, i chose the sabertooth for a purpose, for my purposes the difference between the 4670K and 4770K are irrelvant.

Building a computer is about more then just sheer performance. and yes i dont put it in the sticky since im not done yet..

any more criticisms, and funny pictures to make you feel good about yourself ?

tinmann840

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tinmann840
Member since 2009 • 30 Posts

I use the same Dominator memory but the 1866MHz and love it.I wish the LED's were a bit brighter though.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

@TDuiker said:

Giving me pointers.. "I don't want to be the first to say it but poor choice of parts... from a performance perspective" in other words : i dont want to be the first to say, but i will say it anyways. You are a dumb person for chosing the parts that you did.. and so on..

I dont have to justify my purchases to any of you, i chose the sabertooth for a purpose, for my purposes the difference between the 4670K and 4770K are irrelvant.

Building a computer is about more then just sheer performance. and yes i dont put it in the sticky since im not done yet..

any more criticisms, and funny pictures to make you feel good about yourself ?

Why did you make this thread then?

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TDuiker

I made this thread because im in the proces of building a entirly new computer, and i wanted to share my progress. Since I at least think it looks sweet allready (the mobo, cpu, ram)

Thats not justification, thats sharing something.. So why did you blow up that specific piece of text ?

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TDuiker

@tinmann840 said:

I use the same Dominator memory but the 1866MHz and love it.I wish the LED's were a bit brighter though.

I was actually thinking the same thing, about the LEDs being a little dim.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@TDuiker said:

Happy with the performance hmmm.... Well let me put it this way, i found out this weekend that bf3 has a 200FPS cap on it :P:P

As for benches.. meh, ill be getting a H100I and crank it up to 4.6 or there about.. the stock cooler suckz ballz.

In case you cant tell i made the green "geforce gtx" white.. and it looks sick..

It would be nice if you took a look at the stickied benchmark thread here. 3DMark Firestrike is what we use to compare gaming rigs with here.

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TDuiker

@horgen said:

@TDuiker said:

It would be nice if you took a look at the stickied benchmark thread here. 3DMark Firestrike is what we use to compare gaming rigs with here.

I am aware of 3dmark firestrike, Horgen. But first of, im not that interested in synthetic benchmarks. Second, I think it will be better to wait until i get my 900D, and H100i. So i can crank up the cpu, and see my score then.

Blutfahne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By Blutfahne
Member since 2014 • 276 Posts

My favorite kinds of threads. Can't wait to build me another new PC. Sadly it's gonna be a while because my rig now is a beast and should rock on for at least another 2 years. Keep us updated. Also that is not messy I will show you messy lol.

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TDuiker

@blutfahne said:

My favorite kinds of threads. Can't wait to build me another new PC. Sadly it's gonna be a while because my rig now is a beast and should rock on for at least another 2 years. Keep us updated. Also that is not messy I will show you messy lol.

Well i never said that is was messy :P But when i get my 900D I will make the cabling as neat as i possibly can. Wich is exactly a reason why i am getting the AX860i. Its modulair, so i will only have the cables i need, and possibly a i-link readout. I am still debating wheter to get the individually braided cables for the AX860i, and if so in what color.. Also since i only have a finite amount of funds at my disposal :P I will be getting a individually sleaved 8 Pin EPS extension in black, since the one that comes with the 900D has orange wires. I even thought of replacing the green led on teh mobo with a blue one, but ill see wheter i will actually do that. i dont want to damage the mobo..

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

The bigger the better for cables. My mid tower has no where to tuck so is ugly. It still doesn't beat the system I built for my friend which is a micro uber budget build, zero room, non-modular psu O.x I'm sure it'll be rocking with a new case and fan, mobo looks nice.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Gratz TC, coming a long very nicely. Don't worry we don't start pissing contests here, but why didn't you get the 4770K? It's not that much more, are you retarded?

Hahahaha, nah bro I kid. Nice new build I can't wait until I start my new one. But for now my 1GB GTX 460 does quite nicely at 1080p.

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TDuiker

I had a GTX280 it died, then my 8800GTX died, in the mean time 2 monitord died.. I havent done anything on my system in like 6 years, because i just moved. so its definatly time for something new..

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@TDuiker said:

I had a GTX280 it died, then my 8800GTX died, in the mean time 2 monitord died.. I havent done anything on my system in like 6 years, because i just moved. so its definatly time for something new..

Sounds like a streak of bad luck, I hope this build changes that and treats you better.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@TDuiker said:

maybe you shouldn't be building systems yourself when you have the neuron count of a fly

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TDuiker

@evildead6789 said:

@TDuiker said:

maybe you shouldn't be building systems yourself when you have the neuron count of a fly

And on what facts do you base that i have a neuron count of a fly ? because stuff breaks ? welcome to life asshole.

Ive been building computers for well over 15 years now, shit breaks, dont tell me you never had anything break on you..

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TDuiker

@BattleSpectre said:

@TDuiker said:

Sounds like a streak of bad luck, I hope this build changes that and treats you better.

Well all the stuff that broke was old heavily used stuff, So before any more shit broak on me, i got new stuff :D

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By commander

@TDuiker said:

@evildead6789 said:

@TDuiker said:

And on what facts do you base that i have a neuron count of a fly ? because stuff breaks ? welcome to life asshole.

Ive been building computers for well over 15 years now, shit breaks, dont tell me you never had anything break on you..

No not really, I haven't got anything break on me

I always use high quality motherboards, pcb's & psu's though.

and I don't overclock... much

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TDuiker

@evildead6789 said:

@TDuiker said:

@evildead6789 said:

@TDuiker said:

I also use quality components, and i do overclock. But still, everything takes wear and tear from use. The GTX280 was factory overclocked and was 4? 5? 6? years old.. the 8800GTX was even older.. The monitors even older then that. Eventually stuff breaks down, now how much of a quality components it is. im guessing you dont have to use a 6 to 98 year old monitor :P

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 commander

@TDuiker said:

@evildead6789 said:

@TDuiker said:

@evildead6789 said:

@TDuiker said:

I also use quality components, and i do overclock. But still, everything takes wear and tear from use. The GTX280 was factory overclocked and was 4? 5? 6? years old.. the 8800GTX was even older.. The monitors even older then that. Eventually stuff breaks down, now how much of a quality components it is. im guessing you dont have to use a 6 to 98 year old monitor :P

Well , at my job, 20 year pc's still do stuff and they are running 'all the time'

If you take care of your shit, i doesn't brake down

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TDuiker

@evildead6789 said:

@TDuiker said:

@evildead6789 said:

@TDuiker said:

@evildead6789 said:

@TDuiker said:

Well , at my job, 20 year pc's still do stuff and they are running 'all the time'

Yeah now youre full of shit..

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By commander

@TDuiker said:

@evildead6789 said:

@TDuiker said:

@evildead6789 said:

@TDuiker said:

@evildead6789 said:

@TDuiker said:

Yeah now youre full of shit..

right

you do realize you can repair motherboards or pcb's right?

and chips when you don't fry them, and they're good quality they don't break down, not in these timespans anyway

Good cooling is the beginning of everything

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By TDuiker

@evildead6789 said:

@TDuiker said:

@evildead6789 said:

@TDuiker said:

@evildead6789 said:

@TDuiker said:

Actually you just eep buying new stuff, no wonder nothign breaks on you :P if you buy a cpu every month :P

@klunt_bumskrint