Gee, Steam. Thanks for another crappy weekend deal.

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MangaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 MangaJ
Member since 2008 • 1435 Posts

I don't know about you guys, but one of the things I look forward to every weekend is the Steam deal. It's usually a way for me to get a really cool PC game that I'd never really though about buying before.

So I go to the steam website today, excited as usual, and see that the weekend deal is 50% COD4. This was my face :-|

Anybody else feel like they've been half-assing their weekend deals lately?

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts
What does that even mean? But to the point...STEAM probably doesn't have full control over what goes on sale each week...it's probably something negotiated between STEAM and the other developers/publishers.
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts
You got L4D bundle, L4D2 on sale, Trine for 5 euro...Mr Winterbottom for 3.
Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts
You got L4D bundle, L4D2 on sale, Trine for 5 euro...Mr Winterbottom for 3.GeneralShowzer
Was gonna say, there's more deals on right now than just COD4.
soliderPp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 soliderPp
Member since 2004 • 1991 Posts

What makes you say the sales have been crappy?

Call of Duty 4 is a great game that greedy Activision *never* puts on sale. I'd say that's a good deal.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed isn't the best game ever, but last week it was $15 dollars. Considering you're getting allof the DLC's that have been released with the game that's not a bad deal at all. I picked up a copy and I'm happy that I did.

Borderlands was 50% off, which is a great deal for a game that's not even a year old.

Those are the one I remember from the past month.

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#6 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

What makes you say the sales have been crappy?

Call of Duty 4 is a great game that greedy Activision *never* puts on sale. I'd say that's a good deal.

soliderPp

Yea, I have never seen COD4's price go down that much ever since it came out, it's a really big deal when it's on sale right now, can't miss it too.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

I don't know about you guys, but one of the things I look forward to every weekend is the Steam deal. It's usually a way for me to get a really cool PC game that I'd never really though about buying before.

So I go to the steam website today, excited as usual, and see that the weekend deal is 50% COD4. This was my face :-|

MangaJ

Best Steam deal in a while for me, been waiting for this, thanks Steam!

This was my face :)

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts
well theres always next weekend, and a midweek sale.
soliderPp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 soliderPp
Member since 2004 • 1991 Posts

well theres always next weekend, and a midweek sale.TerrorRizzing

The addition of Steams midweek sale has been a plague upon my wallet!

Two sales a week is just madness =P

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts

[QUOTE="TerrorRizzing"]well theres always next weekend, and a midweek sale.soliderPp

The addition of Steams midweek sale has been a plague upon my wallet!

Two sales a week is just madness =P

I have like 30 games to play myself. Those holiday sales did a number on my wallet.
techpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 techpunk
Member since 2004 • 390 Posts

soliderPp

I agree. CoD 2 is STILL $20. :o In 2008 I paid $20 for CoD 2.

MangaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MangaJ

Wow, literally nobody on planet earth agrees with me. I think the modern warfare games are mostly crap, and I have MW2 on xbox. I guess I was hoping for a Mount & Blade Warband deal or something. I think that deal they had a while ago, $19.99 for all the Total War games, spoiled me a little.

I don't know, I guess, being an owner of an xbox, a wii, and a gaming pc, I see no reason to play console games on the PC. I like PC gaming for games that can only really be done on the PC, like strategy games and space sims and huge RPGs and Just Cause 2 (which is in its own category of awesomeness.). I feel like the COD games and the Force Unleashed are console ports.

I think I'm going to try getting Europa Universalis 3 this weekend instead. I have this weird hunger for taking over the world, and it seems like a complex strategy game that will actually hold my interest enough for me to learn how to play it.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts

Jesus Christ, man, show some damn modesty and appreciation.

There are 52 weeks in a year, and the majority of those weeks bring excellent deals.

So dont give Steam no guff, y'hear!? Steam has feelings, and you hurt them :(

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts

Wow, literally nobody on planet earth agrees with me. I think the modern warfare games are mostly crap, and I have MW2 on xbox. I guess I was hoping for a Mount & Blade Warband deal or something. I think that deal they had a while ago, $19.99 for all the Total War games, spoiled me a little.

I don't know, I guess, being an owner of an xbox, a wii, and a gaming pc, I see no reason to play console games on the PC. I like PC gaming for games that can only really be done on the PC, like strategy games and space sims and huge RPGs and Just Cause 2 (which is in its own category of awesomeness.). I feel like the COD games and the Force Unleashed are console ports.

I think I'm going to try getting Europa Universalis 3 this weekend instead. I have this weird hunger for taking over the world, and it seems like a complex strategy game that will actually hold my interest enough for me to learn how to play it.

MangaJ

no, I agree, its a crappy deal for a game not really worth more than a few dollars

just dont be nasty

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#15 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Steam doesnt have to do all these deals in the first place.

If you dont like a few of the sales then so what.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts
Well yeah they cant put every week sales everyone likes. Also the decision for what games are gonna be on sale lies to the dev as well That been said there are some sweet deals on Gamersgate and Impulse this weekend. Impulse has THQ ultimate bundle for $95 instead of $325 ( amazing deals and games included are Stalker series, Red faction guerilla, supeme commander, Titan quest and other ), It also has kings bounty bundle for 15euros ( amazing deal considering you need at least 40-50 hours to finish each kings bounty game let alone they are addictive ) Gamersgate also has Men of war and a alot of other games on sale
yukilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 yukilla
Member since 2003 • 240 Posts

50% off COD4? Why are you complaining? That's quite a deal.

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#18 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

Hmm.. I've been playing the hell out of MW2 multiplayer. Maybe I should try out some CoD4 :)

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

MangaJ

Ah but you see.....some of us are pure PC gamers (well Nintendos systems are nice complements), and as you saw in my first post, I was quite happy, the game does not go on sale much, and still has a large PC multiplayer game community.

They got at least one sale because of this....me.

I don't plan on buying MW2.

myke2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 myke2010
Member since 2002 • 2747 Posts

I personally liked the deal. I've never seen COD4 on sale so $15 is a steal IMO. At least it's not MW2, I wouldn't touch that game personally.

MangaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MangaJ

I personally liked the deal. I've never seen COD4 on sale so $15 is a steal IMO. At least it's not MW2, I wouldn't touch that game personally.

myke2010

MW2 is better than the first one.

NoAssKicker47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#23 NoAssKicker47
Member since 2004 • 2855 Posts
You, my friend, have an attitude issue. You sound like you've grown quite spoiled because of the high-quality offers on Steam's weekend deals, but now that the deal doesn't appeal to you, you publicly go about acting like a child whose candy's been taken from him. If the deal doesn't attract you, simply don't buy! It's that simple.
Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts

Yeah i agree, steam hasnt had a good sale since december, they are only putting games no one wants/already have/are 5 years old on sale, why dont they have Battlefield bad company 2 on sale uh? i could use a 75% off on it right now :(

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
mw2 stim package ..... 10% off.... wut
Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts

[QUOTE="myke2010"]

MangaJ

por que?
JonSnow777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 JonSnow777
Member since 2009 • 787 Posts

You, my friend, have an attitude issue. You sound like you've grown quite spoiled because of the high-quality offers on Steam's weekend deals, but now that the deal doesn't appeal to you, you publicly go about acting like a child whose candy's been taken from him. If the deal doesn't attract you, simply don't buy! It's that simple.NoAssKicker47

Ugh. Shut up.

NoAssKicker47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#28 NoAssKicker47
Member since 2004 • 2855 Posts

[QUOTE="NoAssKicker47"]You, my friend, have an attitude issue. You sound like you've grown quite spoiled because of the high-quality offers on Steam's weekend deals, but now that the deal doesn't appeal to you, you publicly go about acting like a child whose candy's been taken from him. If the deal doesn't attract you, simply don't buy! It's that simple.JonSnow777

Ugh. Shut up.

Sorry, but I will not. Complaining about this is a complete waste of energy. As someone else here already said, there are 52 weeks in a year and there will be better deals and worse deals, but at least there are deals. One's dislike for the game being offered doesn't make the deal "crappy", and complaining about it certainly doesn't help. People should be thankful enough for getting two sales a week that they shouldn't complain about the occasional sale that, in their opinion, sucks.

JustusCF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JustusCF
Member since 2009 • 1050 Posts

mw2 stim package ..... 10% off.... wutSAGE_OF_FIRE

Man I'd only buy that if it was $2

MAYBE $5 because if it was $2 a lot more people would be on those maps playing.

DasVolks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DasVolks
Member since 2010 • 495 Posts

MangaJ

No one agrees with you because you're wrong.

I already have CoD4, but it is a great deal at $15 for the singleplayer and multiplayer experience.

CoD4 does not feel like a console port...so that argument is null.

Don't be so damn unappreciative, there are quite a few great games on sale on Steam at the moment.

hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hockey73
Member since 2005 • 8281 Posts
I just downloaded COD4, what a great deal!
jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#32 jedikevin2
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts

Left 4 dead 2 for 20 dollars. Trine is still on sale for 5 dollars. Great weekend. Deals are great for this weekend. Don't really understand the why he thinks its a crappy weekend on steam deals. Still 2 good options outside of cod4. I'm loving trine right now.

warmaster670

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 warmaster670
Member since 2004 • 4699 Posts

another crybaby post from someone who expects sales to only put up items they like, how original.

Heres a newsflash they dont have to put ANYTHING up for sale, so if you dont like it, STFU and dont buy it.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
What does that even mean? But to the point...STEAM probably doesn't have full control over what goes on sale each week...it's probably something negotiated between STEAM and the other developers/publishers.Renevent42
This, Developers and such decide to have their product get a discount and they negotiate it with Valve who'll then put it up on STEAM. There will be weekends where the selection might not be so good in your opinion then some other weekand but that's just the way things are.
HOMIE_G64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#35 HOMIE_G64
Member since 2005 • 1482 Posts
[QUOTE="Renevent42"]What does that even mean? But to the point...STEAM probably doesn't have full control over what goes on sale each week...it's probably something negotiated between STEAM and the other developers/publishers.Treflis
This, Developers and such decide to have their product get a discount and they negotiate it with Valve who'll then put it up on STEAM. There will be weekends where the selection might not be so good in your opinion then some other weekand but that's just the way things are.

This, plus the fact that you are getting sweet deals for pretty much no work at all. You should be thankful that Steam has the power to make sick deals.
myke2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 myke2010
Member since 2002 • 2747 Posts

[QUOTE="myke2010"]

MangaJ

It's not about which people think is better. MW2 doesn't have dedicated servers which means there's no realiable way to kick hackers. No thanks.

jay___k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jay___k
Member since 2010 • 30 Posts

I'd agree that COD4 being a weekend deal is a bit of a let down yet Deus Ex was on sale this week for $2.50 which is quite a deal.

MangaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MangaJ

Holy crap. Hey, guys, if you want to disagree with me that's fine. I said what I think, you don't think the same thing, you'll have that. If you want to personally attack me and call me a crybaby or whatever, how about you just send me a message so I can reply with what I really think about your thoughts and feelings without getting my account banned. Sound reasonable? Thx.

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts

i accidently posted ths in another post :P If the steam sales are not to your liking why don't you go over to direct2drive there having a 5 week long springsale with new deals every week. I got arma II for $25,GTA IV for $7.50,Men of war for $2.50,The path for $5, and men of war red tide for $5

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
I have been waiting for this offer, and bought COD4 :D
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#41 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
I'm always glad when a weekend deal includes games I already own (L4D2 an Trine) or games I'm not interested in (COD4) because it means a break on my wallet.
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

MangaJ

Not me. I am enjoying the hell out of Professor FizzWizzle.

wowgrandpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 wowgrandpa
Member since 2008 • 310 Posts

im waiting for a price drop on mass effect 2 anddragon age awakening.

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts

You should be grateful for any deal you get,,,,some people are so arrogant!

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
Be happy that you`re getting deals in the first place.
MangaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MangaJ

Thank you, father figures. I was astray in my attitude, but now I see the light. Now can we let this thread die?

nintendog66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 nintendog66
Member since 2006 • 2300 Posts

You should be grateful for any deal you get,,,,some people are so arrogant!

Daytona_178
Arrogant is not the word, it's greedy. Seriously to the other poster that wanted a game that has been out for only a month to be on sale for 75% off is pure greed, it's like asking for charity. If you don't like a sale, they don't buy it. You DONT HAVE TO BUY every single weekend deal, they do that to lure you in to buy a game that has been selling poorly. Steam is not a charity for the gamers and don't expect it to be one.
Be happy that you`re getting deals in the first place. mo0ksi
This.
blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts
well in Australia COD4 retail is still $90
Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

:lol: at all the people on here that defend steam like its related to them or something. I think most people that post here take stuff way to seriously.