Gears of war will be a poor port :( (proof inside)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kirk4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kirk4ever
Member since 2005 • 3543 Posts

well the gameplay and stuff is going to be awesome..but like lost planet and other bad ports..just look at the video ut doesnt even mention KEYBOARD controls its says press A to continue and press y to run or b to shoot..like lost planet i spent 30 mins pressing every key to find out what B or X is in my keyboard..i mean they spent 1 year on this..and they couldnt write wasd instead of X YB

please be logical im just being true :(

heres the video..and its the extra content so it is PC

GEARS VIDEO

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts

In PC GEOW...as soon as you plug in a controler, the interface changes automaticlly (I think bioshock does this too)

they showed a video recently of it being played with PC controls...and it did everything normally.

Sliverwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sliverwarrior
Member since 2003 • 928 Posts

This video is old.

kirk4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kirk4ever

In PC GEOW...as soon as you plug in a controler, the interface changes automaticlly (I think bioshock does this too)

they showed a video recently of it being played with PC controls...and it did everything normally.

cobrax25

i know you can play with pc..but it will show xayb :(

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 cobrax25
[QUOTE="cobrax25"]

kirk4ever

it wont...they showed a video of this one time....he was plugging a controler in and out midgame, and it all just changed automaticlly...

kirk4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kirk4ever
[QUOTE="kirk4ever"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]

cobrax25

it wont...they showed a video of this one time....he was plugging a controler in and out midgame, and it all just changed automaticlly...

thanks man :) i hope thats true coz lost planet really pissed me off :(

Rylsadar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Rylsadar
Member since 2007 • 541 Posts
If you haven't noiticed,the first released video of "Gears of War" was running on a "Pc" not a "Xbox 360".So expect a nice and decent port.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58340 Posts
[QUOTE="cobrax25"]

kirk4ever

what he is saying is that Gears recognized the controller, so when its plugged in its ABXY, etc, but when its unplugged it will revert back to keyboard and mouse (WASD, spacebar, etc). The video you saw had the controller plugged in.

zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts
youre wrong one of the newest pc videos has "space to roll"
zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts
here: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27264.html
kirk4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kirk4ever

here: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27264.htmlzero9167

ty man now im releved ..phew...3-4 more days cant wait :D

06m1r3m86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 06m1r3m86
Member since 2005 • 438 Posts

If you haven't noiticed,the first released video of "Gears of War" was running on a "Pc" not a "Xbox 360".So expect a nice and decent port.Rylsadar

actually the first time it was seen, Gears of War was running on a PowerMac G5, which I thought was pretty ironic, but the reason for that was because the 360 runs off of a processor that is derived from the PowerPC architecture.

Ps2stony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 Ps2stony
Member since 2006 • 1888 Posts
[QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="kirk4ever"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]

kirk4ever

If you've played the PC port of RE4 you'd notice that Capcom doesn't like to optimize their ports well for PC. I, like you, pressed all the buttons on the keyboard to find out what the "5" and "4" buttons are soI could actually shoot. It seemed like all they did was make it work on PC, because even in the tutorial files they showed a PS2 controller.
Rylsadar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Rylsadar
Member since 2007 • 541 Posts

actually the first time it was seen, Gears of War was running on a PowerMac G5.06m1r3m86

You're right!

kirk4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kirk4ever
[QUOTE="kirk4ever"][QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="kirk4ever"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]

Ps2stony

If you've played the PC port of RE4 you'd notice that Capcom doesn't like to optimize their ports well for PC. I, like you, pressed all the buttons on the keyboard to find out what the "5" and "4" buttons are soI could actually shoot. It seemed like all they did was make it work on PC, because even in the tutorial files they showed a PS2 controller.

yeah..i still have re4..it was a disaster..who wouldnt use mouse for shooting is bizzare o-0

Ps2stony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ps2stony
[QUOTE="Ps2stony"][QUOTE="kirk4ever"][QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="kirk4ever"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]

kirk4ever

yeah..i still have re4..it was a disaster..who wouldnt use mouse for shooting is bizzare o-0

I think there was actually a mod called MouseAim, but I hada"bad" versionso I't didn't work for me. Search it up on google, that's where I found it.
kirk4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kirk4ever
[QUOTE="kirk4ever"][QUOTE="Ps2stony"][QUOTE="kirk4ever"][QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="kirk4ever"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]

Ps2stony

I think there was actually a mod called MouseAim, but I hada"bad" versionso I't didn't work for me. Search it up on google, that's where I found it.

i know about the mod..but it has terrible sensitivity..its good i had 360 controller but still i uninstalled it :P

Ps2stony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ps2stony

I wouldn't know because I didn't really use it I just heard of it from a friend. Anyway, back on topic, I really think GoW will be a good port IF online and DX10 is actually free. I'm also psyched for the Unreal Editor that I think is supposed to come with the game. It's supposed to be like a map editor but it's actually what Epic used to make their maps. It's complete with your custom textures, sounds, everything. You can even choose how far a sound from something like a fire crackling travels. Check out the vid at gametrailers.com

Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts

well the gameplay and stuff is going to be awesome..but like lost planet and other bad ports..just look at the video ut doesnt even mention KEYBOARD controls its says press A to continue and press y to run or b to shoot..like lost planet i spent 30 mins pressing every key to find out what B or X is in my keyboard..i mean they spent 1 year on this..and they couldnt write wasd instead of X YB

GEARS VIDEO

kirk4ever

Maybe he was playing with a controller?

zakaweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 zakaweb
Member since 2003 • 355 Posts
You can play with either. What's the problem with that?
Ps2stony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ps2stony
Oh, and I think it's coming on Monday for us North Americans.
Ps2stony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ps2stony
You can play with either. What's the problem with that?zakaweb
His problem was that if he played with a keyboard and mouse the buttons shown on screen would be from a 360 controller. For example, you see "Press *right trigger pic*" and you wouldn't know what that is on a keyboard. Examples are Lost planet and RE4 for PC ^_^
Sliverwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Sliverwarrior
Member since 2003 • 928 Posts

Its going to be released November 6th.(For north America)

Ps2stony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ps2stony

Its going to be released November 6th.(For north America)

Sliverwarrior
Isn't that Monday... Like I said... Or maybe Tuesday Idk.
nht12101990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nht12101990
Member since 2005 • 1615 Posts
I don't plan on buying it anyways. After you beat it once on Xbox 360 it gets kind of old. On the plus side, it does run smoother than the Xbox 360 version.
zakaweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 zakaweb
Member since 2003 • 355 Posts

I see. I would be surprised if they weren't playing with a controller. Hopefully it switches depending on which scheme is chosen. Anyway, it will be a good game. I played it on the 360 and the PC Version has the potential to be even better.

Goobafish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Goobafish
Member since 2007 • 45 Posts
neone know the system reqs?
Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#28 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts
Changing the interface is one of the last things they will do/care about. I don't think judging a game on what icons show up during missions is a good thing.
Marfoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Marfoo
Member since 2004 • 6002 Posts
I kind of like this trend in PC games, auto detecting the Xbox360 controller setup-free. It's nice to have that option, I was surprised NFS ProStreet didn't have this option, but Juiced did, I think Jericho did, Crysis has it, and yeah Bioshock has it I believe. The option of using a controller is nice, especially when you don't have to set it up.
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 cobrax25

I kind of like this trend in PC games, auto detecting the Xbox360 controller setup-free. It's nice to have that option, I was surprised NFS ProStreet didn't have this option, but Juiced did, I think Jericho did, Crysis has it, and yeah Bioshock has it I believe. The option of using a controller is nice, especially when you don't have to set it up.Marfoo

all games for windows games are required to have it.

nilemonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 nilemonitor
Member since 2004 • 910 Posts
Cliffy B made it crystal clear that this isn't a port but a PC version with extra chapters exclusive to the PC playable @ 1920 x 1200 at 60 frames per second. And a source editor opening the game up to the map and mod community.
jazilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#32 jazilla
Member since 2005 • 2320 Posts
I love the proof, but GOW was originally created for the PC man. The 360 version is the port LOL.
Marfoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Marfoo
Member since 2004 • 6002 Posts

[QUOTE="Marfoo"]I kind of like this trend in PC games, auto detecting the Xbox360 controller setup-free. It's nice to have that option, I was surprised NFS ProStreet didn't have this option, but Juiced did, I think Jericho did, Crysis has it, and yeah Bioshock has it I believe. The option of using a controller is nice, especially when you don't have to set it up.cobrax25

Oh, is that what that is? That's pretty sweet then, the not sweet part about Games for Windows is that Windows Live! crap. PC has always been about not having to pay extra for online play. I mean it should be available if you want to play on high quality servers and have achievements and that kind of thing all the time, but it shouldn't be mandatory just to play some multiplayer features.
Avatar image for NintendoGangsta
NintendoGangsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 NintendoGangsta
Member since 2005 • 98 Posts

In order to have you're title under the Games for Windows and Games for Windows Live the game must follow a few rules. Much like any console game must have standards to become licensed. Games for Windows games all have plug n play support for the Xbox 360 controller and it will auto-detect and map. If you notice the CRYSIS demo if you plug in the controller it will say something like Controller Conncected, and from there on it will give you messages like Press A, etc.

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 cobrax25
[QUOTE="cobrax25"]

[QUOTE="Marfoo"]I kind of like this trend in PC games, auto detecting the Xbox360 controller setup-free. It's nice to have that option, I was surprised NFS ProStreet didn't have this option, but Juiced did, I think Jericho did, Crysis has it, and yeah Bioshock has it I believe. The option of using a controller is nice, especially when you don't have to set it up.Marfoo

Oh, is that what that is? That's pretty sweet then, the not sweet part about Games for Windows is that Windows Live! crap. PC has always been about not having to pay extra for online play. I mean it should be available if you want to play on high quality servers and have achievements and that kind of thing all the time, but it shouldn't be mandatory just to play some multiplayer features.

GFW is different than windows live...most GFW games dont use live (in fact only 3 do)

in addition to the controler support, there are other things they all need to have....like widescreen support.

Author_Jerry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Author_Jerry
Member since 2006 • 568 Posts

GEARS VIDEO

kirk4ever
You can easily find the controls for Lost Planet by going to PC Settings>Keyboard Settings. I know the keyboard buttons should have been displayed in-game, but you didn't have to resort to randomly selecting keys to see which one works.
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
[QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="kirk4ever"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]

kirk4ever

yeah although its designed is based on controller, it still is optimized nicely for kb + m like using double tapping for movement etc