Gears of War stops working...plz help !

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sonnydalheim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sonnydalheim
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Hey ! I installed Gears of War, and it told me that I needed (Windows6.0-KB940105-x86)...it has something to do with the graphics...I downloaded and installed it, started the game, but after about a minute, it shuts down and I get a pop-up, that says that it has "stopped working".

Everything seemed fine with the installation, but there may have been some problems, because it didn't ask if I wanted shortcuts created or anything....same thing with Crysis, but that works fine.

My PC is brand new...I have a Geforce 8800 GT and AMD dualcore 6000+, 4 GB RAM, so there shouldn't be nay problem there.

Maybe I just need some kinda upgrade for Vista or something, giving that I just got it.

Plllz help.....thx in advance !

LoseEagles1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LoseEagles1245
Member since 2007 • 1115 Posts
The same thing happens to me. I've downloaded the latest drivers and patch and it still doesn't work. This game is very buggy.
LoseEagles1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LoseEagles1245
The same thing happens to me. I've downloaded the latest drivers and patch and it still doesn't work. This game is very buggy.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#4 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
you guys are running in admin mode?
sonnydalheim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sonnydalheim
Actually...I don't think I am....why ? do you have to, in order for it to work ?
LoseEagles1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LoseEagles1245
I am but my brother and dad both have user accounts and they run in adminstrator mode two.
krustyteklown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 krustyteklown
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts

i had this problem when i was playing the game too

i think it has to do with launching the game from the CD (DVD)

if you use a shortcut in start menu, or say in the games menu of vista, or directly the .exe in program files, that should fix it. do NOT start the game from the autorun menu from the DVD

solid_mario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 solid_mario
Member since 2005 • 3144 Posts
you guys are running in admin mode?nutcrackr
This is the answer here guys. You need to right click it and "run as admin" and it should work fine. Make sure you have the drivers aswell, obviously ;)
sonnydalheim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sonnydalheim
Thx...I'll try that :D
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts

Actually...I don't think I am....why ? do you have to, in order for it to work ? sonnydalheim

I doubt you need admin mode. That is only for programs that need admin privileges with UAC turned on. Only the punkbuster games should need it. I have never used it and the game works fine. Disable your start up programs there are some issues with some anti virus programs like Kaspersky. It is probably something on your PC that is not compatible.

VRN-KingS-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 VRN-KingS-
Member since 2007 • 163 Posts

Does Gears of War have any other "niggles" like that about it? I still have mine all wrapped up from xmas, (Im still playing Phoenix Wright and Stalker... Dont ask), and I just wanna be sure no"major" problems are with it before I open.

I dnot have the internet at home so if the game needs patching I cant play it. Does it?

sonnydalheim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sonnydalheim

Oh man !...I've tried shutting down all the programs in the background and not starting the game from the autorun-menu and I've actually been running as admin the intire time...and I it still "stoppes working"

I don't know what to do anymore :cry: