Gamespot Review For Stranglehold, did it make you change your mind?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chickensoup911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Chickensoup911
Member since 2007 • 669 Posts

It sure did for me. Now, I don't have a lot of money. I'm still a kid so I don't have a job and stuff. It takes me a while till I have enough to buy a brand new $100 game. I was thinking of getting Stranglehold but now that the Gamespot review for it says its not as good as it looked, I'm just gonna wait until it's $40.

How about you?

Herrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Herrick
Member since 2004 • 4549 Posts
See Herrick's response in your Medal of Honor: Airborne thread.
MrNacaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MrNacaa
Member since 2006 • 510 Posts
I had no idea before the review that the SP was going to be short, so yea, my mind has definately changed.
Skullheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Skullheart
Member since 2006 • 2054 Posts

It sure did for me. Now, I don't have a lot of money. I'm still a kid so I don't have a job and stuff. It takes me a while till I have enough to buy a brand new $100 game. I was thinking of getting Stranglehold but now that the Gamespot review for it says its not as good as it looked, I'm just gonna wait until it's $40.

How about you?

yoda_soda_koder

How about me? I say no game is worth $100.

Galzakian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 Galzakian
Member since 2004 • 5160 Posts
I'm not sure. I was considering it, but Sept-Dec has a blockbuster list of titles being released on PC/360 which would take priority over Stranglehold so it would probably be a waste of money.
Chickensoup911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Chickensoup911
Member since 2007 • 669 Posts

No game is worth $100? I used to think the same way. I heard that 2007 and 2008 were gonna be the year of awesome games. As far as my gaming history has gone, I think it has lived up to its title. These two years are being filled with awesome games. Timeshift, Bioshock, GTA IV, Stranglehold, MOH: Airborne, Half-Life 2; The Orange Box, Assassins Creed, Blacksite: Area 51, Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools Of Destruction, Destroy All Humans 3, COD 4, Prototype, Wet, DMC 4, Hellgate London, Jericho and heaps more.

So for the next two years considering the awesome games coming out. Yes, I think some of them are worth $100.

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

No game is worth $100? I used to think the same way. I heard that 2007 and 2008 were gonna be the year of awesome games. As far as my gaming history has gone, I think it has lived up to its title. These two years are being filled with awesome games. Timeshift, Bioshock, GTA IV, Stranglehold, MOH: Airborne, Half-Life 2; The Orange Box, Assassins Creed, Blacksite: Area 51, Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools Of Destruction, Destroy All Humans 3, COD 4, Prototype, Wet, DMC 4, Hellgate London, Jericho and heaps more.

So for the next two years considering the awesome games coming out. Yes, I think some of them are worth $100.

yoda_soda_koder

I don't know where you live, but where I am, games sell for $40. No game is worth $100.

Alnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Alnar
Member since 2006 • 145 Posts

No game is worth $40 :lol: Where i live, they all get pirated and sold before even oficially released :P

bmaisey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bmaisey
Member since 2004 • 324 Posts

sounds like an aussie or a new zealander, where yes we do pay $100 for games... or at least we did until ms came along with their $120 360 games. Its pretty much bs, we pay much more than exchange rates say we should. Part of why steam and other online store things are going to start doing well, its cheaper in other countries too i assume.

Didnt change my mind about stranglehold tho. Looked like a game that is pretty cool(still does, to me) but not really worth buying until its very cheap.

kyrieee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kyrieee
Member since 2007 • 978 Posts
Console games sell for about 100$ here and PC games about 85$ and yes that's in US dollars. Haha if games cost 40$ I would buy so many haha. A PS3 here is also like 1000$