games won't recognize extra mouse buttons

This topic is locked from further discussion.

marklar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 marklar123
Member since 2004 • 119 Posts
was wondering if anyone knew how to get games (specifically, crysis and COD4) to recognize the extra mouse buttons on my mouse? I have two extra near the thumb and the button on the wheel that the games won't recognize when i try to map actions to them. i've tried new drivers, but that doesn't work. is there some type of 3rd party program that is used to map peripheral keys for games? it's not a gaming mouse, but i might end up upgrading this christmas to one- especially if that fixes the problem.
weirjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 weirjf
Member since 2002 • 2392 Posts
there should have been a mouse utility that came with it that allows you to map the buttons to keyboard keys if the game doesn't recognize the mouse button as a "mousebutton3" etc.
marklar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 marklar123
Member since 2004 • 119 Posts
i have a mouse utility program, but that's mainly for windows- not for games. the mouse is a logitech MX700. and i'm not looking to map the mouse keys to the keyboard since i want to have the certain actions on the mouse since it's more accessible and i can react quicker with the mouse buttons. may just have to get a new mouse.
Crazyeye78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Crazyeye78
Member since 2006 • 83 Posts
I think he meant that you can map the mouse button to a keyboard button, say your extra button will be "j", open a word processor and spam the button and get a bunch of "jjjj". In the game change the key to "j". I have a custom keypad that works similar for wow.