Games that don't need online?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hellfire-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Hellfire-1
Member since 2009 • 3532 Posts

Hey guys,

I'm looking for computer games that don't need an internet connection to play, since my internet at my house is absolutely horrid.

Does anyone have any suggestions for games that don't need online? It's really hard to find ones that don't have some sort of "Always online" restriction...

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

Hey guys,

I'm looking for computer games that don't need an internet connection to play, since my internet at my house is absolutely horrid.

Does anyone have any suggestions for games that don't need online? It's really hard to find ones that don't have some sort of "Always online" restriction...

Hellfire-1

skyrim.. you would probally just need to be online for a few mins to patch it up and stuff

Kieren-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Kieren-_-
Member since 2012 • 26 Posts
skyrim and the witcher 2 are great games.
Hellfire-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Hellfire-1
Member since 2009 • 3532 Posts

[QUOTE="Hellfire-1"]

Hey guys,

Flubbbs

skyrim.. you would probally just need to be online for a few mins to patch it up and stuff

Ok, sweet, I'll look into it! Are there any good shooting games for PC that don't require internet connection? I've heard a lot about Far Cry 3 and Crysis 3, do either of those require constant connection? Also, anyone know any good RTS games that don't require Online?
Kieren-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kieren-_-
Member since 2012 • 26 Posts
Company of heroes maybe?
toughtrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 toughtrasher
Member since 2013 • 268 Posts

Any game that's not on the Xbox One. :p

Darth_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Darth_Kane
Member since 2006 • 2966 Posts

??? What are you talking about? 95% of games don't require online, the rest are called MMOs

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Hey guys,

Hellfire-1

No, it isn't. Almost every single player game in the world with the exception of Simcity 5, Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 can be played completely offline, so what the heck are you talking about?

-Byshop

-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

??? What are you talking about? 95% of games don't require online, the rest are called MMOs

Darth_Kane

That's exactly what I was thinking, too, and the handful of games that actually do have always-online DRM (that aren't MMORPGs) have pretty much failed miserably.

ShadowJax04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 ShadowJax04
Member since 2006 • 3351 Posts

[QUOTE="Darth_Kane"]

-wildflower-

That's exactly what I was thinking, too, and the handful of games that actually do have always-online DRM (that aren't MMORPGs) have pretty much failed miserably.

Sums up the topic perfectly. You'd be hard pressed to find an always online PC game that's also good.
koospetoors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 koospetoors
Member since 2004 • 3715 Posts
Just go for anything that piques your interest, really, there isn't that many always online games. At worst a majority of the games require a once off online activation due to them having steamworks or some other kind of DRM. But if you want couple of games to go through which are for a fact always offline after downloading the installer (and don't mind a majority of them being old), go through Good Old Game's library then, they're as anti-DRM as one can get.
bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts

I think I can count on 1 hand the amount of single player games that need an always on connection. I dont think you'll have any problems.