For longtime crt users who switched to lcd

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

Just got a 2ms 22" lcd. Picture quality is incredible, much better than my crt.

The only problem is the motion blur. Everything goes out of focus when strafing or looking around. I have 2 weeks to return the monitor. Do you get used to the blur?

Painballz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Painballz
Member since 2008 • 1058 Posts

Just got a 2ms 22" lcd. Picture quality is incredible, much better than my crt.

The only problem is the motion blur. Everything goes out of focus when strafing or looking around. I have 2 weeks to return the monitor. Do you get used to the blur?

Cranler

yes, ull get used to it

kodex1717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kodex1717
Member since 2005 • 5925 Posts
I don't notice the blur at all on my moniitor; the response time is 2ms. I didn't even notice it going from CRT.
stele29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 stele29
Member since 2008 • 551 Posts
you'll get use to it. I was the same as you at first.
Telekenesis123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Telekenesis123
Member since 2007 • 1129 Posts
Well there is quite a difference between screen models and manufacturers, so if you can in the future look at reviews before you buy. In some lcd's they polarisation is quite noticeable when you move around and in others its a lot better.
Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Cranler

Well there is quite a difference between screen models and manufacturers, so if you can in the future look at reviews before you buy. In some lcd's they polarisation is quite noticeable when you move around and in others its a lot better.Telekenesis123

I did research and this is what one of the few reviews I could find said:

The results of our tests confirm the details provided by the manufacturer: the LG L227WT is an entertainment monitor which is a shoe in for hardcore gamers thanks to its very good display of fast-paced action games and zero input lag as well as its excellent interpolation.

http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/review/2008/review-lg-l227wt.html#Introduction

darkmagician06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 darkmagician06
Member since 2003 • 6060 Posts
weird...i notice no blur on my lcd
Telekenesis123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Telekenesis123
Member since 2007 • 1129 Posts

[QUOTE="Telekenesis123"]Well there is quite a difference between screen models and manufacturers, so if you can in the future look at reviews before you buy. In some lcd's they polarisation is quite noticeable when you move around and in others its a lot better.Cranler

I did research and this is what one of the few reviews I could find said:

The results of our tests confirm the details provided by the manufacturer: the LG L227WT is an entertainment monitor which is a shoe in for hardcore gamers thanks to its very good display of fast-paced action games and zero input lag as well as its excellent interpolation.

http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/review/2008/review-lg-l227wt.html#Introduction

Well looking at that im sure you just need to get used to it, im sure you ave a good LCD! Perhaps you could increase your refresh rate? That can cause blur. Try looking for the recommended setting then increasing it yourself if that does not work out. Screen flicker during high activity can also be a cause of a low refresh rate but it's usually not a problem with modern LCD's because of the default setting in the driver.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Cranler

weird...i notice no blur on my lcddarkmagician06

Some people notice it more than others. Next time your in a game and see a sign on a wall, strafe back and forth and you'll see the text becomes blurry. This doesnt happen on a crt with a good framerate.

Its a well known issue with lcd's and it looks like only the tv's are getting the new blur reducing tech. Wonder when they'll start doing this for monitors.

http://www.news.com/Taking-the-blur-out-of-LCD-TVs/2100-1008_3-6136889.html

Avatar image for JosamaBinEating
JosamaBinEating

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JosamaBinEating
Member since 2008 • 248 Posts
I noticed the blurring effect when I got my LCDs last year (Had been using CRTs before that for a decade). However, I have gotten used to it now. Eventually they will have LCD displays with super fast response times (grey to grey, or black to white) and this will be a non-issue. As for now, just enjoy having a thinner, lighter, cooler (less heat), and more power efficient display!
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
I have never noticed blur, you must have to be trained to see it, and i'm talking about lcds form 2005 and they are much better now