First-person Games That Are Not Scary AT ALL, any recommendations?

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

paganinio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 paganinio
Member since 2003 • 171 Posts
First-person Games That Are Not Scary AT ALL. It doesn't have to be a shooter, and I prefer single player missions, so I won't consider multi-player games like American Army. Also my PC is kinda slow, can only play games made before 2005. I don't want World War II games right now. System Shock 2 has been scaring the hell out of me. I always fear that when I examine the items an enemy will come into the room. Return to Castle Wolfenstein's single player missions also scared me. Even Wolfenstein 3D(1993) scares me whenever I play it. These games scare me too: Halo(when indoor), Medal of Honor(when indoor), Doom(always). Correction: Medal of Honor does NOT scare me, except that castle in Allied Assault, it's a dark creepy castle.~~ I shouldn't have named it. So I figure I need a game that takes place OUTDOORS. Far Cry? But I heard that Far Cry was scary too. I would love it if enemies never surprised me, and better if I always knew where they were!!! Tactical Shooters seem to be less scary, any thoughts? Thank you all for reading this.
Jimmybones79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Jimmybones79
Member since 2004 • 1027 Posts
Are you kidding? Why are you being such a wuss? Maybe Barbie's African Safari Fun Hunt is for you.
DGFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DGFreak
Member since 2003 • 2234 Posts
Try FEAR.
paganinio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 paganinio
Try FEAR.DGFreak
according to its title, FEAR must be the scariest FPS out there right? I'm assuming that you want me to face the thing I FEAR most, so that I won't have problems playing other scary games in the future.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#5 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
Far Cry is scary, unless you stop playing before the Trigens then it's not too bad If Medal of Honor games scare you then I can't suggest anything.
oscar530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 oscar530
Member since 2005 • 4430 Posts
if u have PS2 or Gamecube play Resident Evil its not scary at all the name is just misleading
DGFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DGFreak
[QUOTE="DGFreak"]Try FEAR.paganinio
according to its title, FEAR must be the scariest FPS out there right? I'm assuming that you want me to face the thing I FEAR most, so that I won't have problems playing other scary games in the future.

Actually that's a lot more clever than what I was thinking... At any rate, if you want a serious suggestion, why don't you try a Star Wars themed game; there are plenty of those and a lot of them are pretty decent (Star Wars: Jedi Academy and Jedi Outcast have great single player modes).
SuperBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SuperBeast
Member since 2002 • 13229 Posts
The vast majority of FPS games are not scary, even those that try to be (such as FEAR).... Although if a game such as MoH is too scary for you, I would have no clue how to give recommendations on games that would be suitable.
Bobbomadic121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Bobbomadic121
Member since 2003 • 202 Posts
If the parts of halo that scared you were with the flood, then I would recommend the Rainbow Six series. If all indoor parts scared you, then don't get it. Also I would recommend the Ghost Recon Series.

If those proove to be too scary, I would consider getting away from first person games, and trying a good Stratagy game, such as The Command and Conqure Series, Starcraft/Warcraft, Star Wars Empire at War, and the Total War Series.
Chocobo1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Chocobo1212
Member since 2006 • 201 Posts
I know you don't want WWII return to castle wonfenstein: enemy territoy is decent, free too I think. But it is also only online. But serioulsly its a great game
jorbo76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jorbo76
Member since 2006 • 354 Posts
I actually think it's fun to be scared while playing games.  Just remember that it's just a game and it can't hurt you...unless you have some nerve problem or somtin.  I think you really should face your fears and try a game like doom 3 and after you play that nothing else will seem scary to you.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

The vast majority of FPS games are not scary, even those that try to be (such as FEAR).... Although if a game such as MoH is too scary for you, I would have no clue how to give recommendations on games that would be suitable. SuperBeast

FEAR isn't exactly ment to be scary, there are some seens.. But its generally ment to have a overall tenseness in the enviroment..  Games such as Doom 3 try to be scary with trying to scare you around every corner..

nappy65_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nappy65_basic
Member since 2002 • 1234 Posts
Try Serious Sam. There's no way you'll find that game scary.
Deltaforce-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Deltaforce-
Member since 2007 • 314 Posts

Try Delta Force Xtreme. This a modern-day shooter, which is all outdoors, and isn't scary. But there is a lot of feel-good action and shooting.

Virtual Skipper 3 and 4 are not scary at all, but are a lot of fun. These are yacht racing games. I've been gaming since the 70's and these are two of my favorites of all time. Good graphics and just the right amount of challenge to keep it interesting and rewarding.

If the games you mentioned scare you, then Far Cry would too.

Personally, I enjoy all good games including "scary" ones, but I like your honesty. Don't listen to the negative critics.

Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lilac_Benjie
Member since 2006 • 12287 Posts
[QUOTE="DGFreak"]Try FEAR.paganinio

Correction: FEAR attemts to be scary, but really it isn't. Not unless your frightened of little girls.

I would suggest Deus Ex.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

[QUOTE="paganinio"][QUOTE="DGFreak"]Try FEAR.Lilac_Benjie

Correction: FEAR attemts to be scary, but really it isn't. Not unless your frightened of little girls.

Dude the little girl is creepy, why else do you think the movies like the Exorcist, The Ring, And The Grudge scared the hell out of so many people.

Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Lilac_Benjie

[QUOTE="Lilac_Benjie"][QUOTE="paganinio"][QUOTE="DGFreak"]Try FEAR.sSubZerOo

Dude the little girl is creepy, why else do you think the movies like the Exorcist, The Ring, And The Grudge scared the hell out of so many people.

I don't know. Why where people scared of I know what you did last summer? That wasn't scary either.

The Ring was okay, but The Eye was better.
paganinio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 paganinio
Far Cry is scary, unless you stop playing before the Trigens then it's not too bad If Medal of Honor games scare you then I can't suggest anything.nutcrackr
Medal of Honor does NOT scare me, except that castle in Allied Assault, it's a dark creepy castle.~~ I shouldn't have named it.
DGFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DGFreak
I actually think it's fun to be scared while playing games.  Just remember that it's just a game and it can't hurt you...unless you have some nerve problem or somtin.  I think you really should face your fears and try a game like doom 3 and after you play that nothing else will seem scary to you.jorbo76
Good point. The first few times I played Condemned: Criminal Origins it scared the crap out of me; I loved every second of it.
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19591 Posts
Try Serious Sam. There's no way you'll find that game scary.nappy65_basic

Well, the screaming headless suicide bombers are certainly screwed up, but not scary in the least. Rather amusing, actually.

Serious Sam isn't actually a bad idea - just imagine one guy armed to the teeth with a sizeable arsenal, blasting his way through *literally* hundreds of enemies at a time.
xbox122501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 xbox122501
Member since 2003 • 130 Posts
isnt the whole purpose to play games is to see something you havent seen before, may it be scary, offensive, humorous, or sad. Why dont you get over you fear of virtual reality, because your missing out on all the good games. STOP BEING A BIG BABY, yea theres some scenes that may scare you, but dont worry, ITS A COMPUTER GENERATED IMAGE IT CANT HURT YOU
godofratz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 godofratz
Member since 2005 • 398 Posts
I think this is a joke? 
paganinio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 paganinio
I love you. It's the highest rated (and maybe the only rated) "Fantasy First-person Shooter" series. I have to give it a try.
StephenHu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 StephenHu
Member since 2003 • 2852 Posts
the earlier rainbow six series, not vegas, might not run on very well on ur rig, SWAT series and alot of tactical shooters, oh and call of duty 2 or 1
gozalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gozalo
Member since 2003 • 1102 Posts

First-person Games That Are Not Scary AT ALL. It doesn't have to be a shooter, and I prefer single player missions, so I won't consider multi-player games like American Army. Also my PC is kinda slow, can only play games made before 2005. I don't want World War II games right now. System Shock 2 has been scaring the hell out of me. I always fear that when I examine the items an enemy will come into the room. Return to Castle Wolfenstein's single player missions also scared me. Even Wolfenstein 3D(1993) scares me whenever I play it. These games scare me too: Halo(when indoor), Medal of Honor(when indoor), Doom(always). Correction: Medal of Honor does NOT scare me, except that castle in Allied Assault, it's a dark creepy castle.~~ I shouldn't have named it. So I figure I need a game that takes place OUTDOORS. Far Cry? But I heard that Far Cry was scary too. I would love it if enemies never surprised me, and better if I always knew where they were!!! Tactical Shooters seem to be less scary, any thoughts? Thank you all for reading this.paganinio

:lol: Come on now man, don't be a wuss.

This has got to be the funniest thing ever, well, top 20.

Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lilac_Benjie

*Shudders*

That game scared the hell out of me. :cry:

SketchyGalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SketchyGalore
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
I kind of expected people to be nasty about that question... but I used to have the same problem and still do with most single-player first person shooters. Multiplayer, however, seems to somehow take the element of fear out of it for me. Given your older system, you could try Wolfenstine Enemy Territory, which is free, or you could try Unreal Tournament 2004 which is probably cheap on ebay. If your dead-set on single player, though, I'd probably go along with the Serious Sam suggestions. There's no sneaking to be done in a game like that, and typically that sensation of fear comes from sneaking around and not knowing what prescripted event is about to jump out at you. Also, you might be getting an "I'm all alone" sensation of fear from some of those games, since most first person shooters are you versus a million. In that case, you might want to try games like Call of Duty or some of the tactical shooter games where you go in with a squad or an army instead of alone. In fact... now that I think of it... try Call of Duty if you can get over the WWII thing.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#28 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
I think that the FPS genre is just not for you if you get scared by them.
Deamon321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Deamon321
Member since 2005 • 1568 Posts
try call of duty series and battlefield series.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#30 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
Serious Sam can be scary, when you have the guys with bombs running at you trying to fend them off.
REX3453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 REX3453
Member since 2005 • 313 Posts
Counter Strike (yes overated, but w/e) not really scarey unless you want to be sniped from 202384237892478948237872593 yards away by a awp whore. 
In_Vino_Verita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 In_Vino_Verita
Member since 2007 • 1702 Posts
Duke Nukem 3D aint too bad scary wise. Its got strippers in it too. 
Tadmod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Tadmod
Member since 2006 • 151 Posts
HALO IS NOT FRIKKIN SCARY!
neither is FEAR come to think of it...

I suggest you raise your tolerance for fear, coz mate, to be honest, you're a wuss.

If you really are scared of those games, try a run and gun game, they're never scary, because you're jumping out of the closet at the monsters, no the opposite
DGFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DGFreak
I kind of expected people to be nasty about that question... but I used to have the same problem and still do with most single-player first person shooters. Multiplayer, however, seems to somehow take the element of fear out of it for me. Given your older system, you could try Wolfenstine Enemy Territory, which is free, or you could try Unreal Tournament 2004 which is probably cheap on ebay. If your dead-set on single player, though, I'd probably go along with the Serious Sam suggestions. There's no sneaking to be done in a game like that, and typically that sensation of fear comes from sneaking around and not knowing what prescripted event is about to jump out at you. Also, you might be getting an "I'm all alone" sensation of fear from some of those games, since most first person shooters are you versus a million. In that case, you might want to try games like Call of Duty or some of the tactical shooter games where you go in with a squad or an army instead of alone. In fact... now that I think of it... try Call of Duty if you can get over the WWII thing.evanbgood
UT2k4 is only $10 if you buy it at EB or GameStop.
NinjaTaco89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 NinjaTaco89
Member since 2006 • 327 Posts
Dude,it`s no big deal,all I can reccomend however is something like JK2,or Battlefront,those arent scary at all.
Avatar image for tequilasunriser
tequilasunriser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 tequilasunriser
Member since 2004 • 6379 Posts
Lol at the OP's post. That's gold. :lol:

paganinio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 paganinio

:lol: Come on now man, don't be a wuss.

gozalo
You are a System Shock 2 fan! Me too! I'm now stuck in the Main Elevator because there are enemies out there(literally, I can hear their footsteps). I cannot continue playing it until there're more people in my gaming room. The scarier it gets, the more companions I need. (sounds like one of my favorite not-scary-at-all game Freedom Fighters)
Avatar image for tequilasunriser
tequilasunriser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tequilasunriser
Member since 2004 • 6379 Posts
I wish games could scare me like they were designed to do. The only games that freak me out are the Resident Evil games. Not RE4, but RE1 and RE2 (and the RE1 remake.) Freaky stuff.

paganinio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 paganinio
[QUOTE="nappy65_basic"]Try Serious Sam. There's no way you'll find that game scary.Lilac_Benjie

*Shudders*

That game scared the hell out of me. :cry:

I found your screenshot very amusing. 1, there're two "8184400" on top of the screen. 2, everything is BIG. numbers, cross hair, gun(not only is it big but it's also rather short, and it occupies about one-fifth of the screen) 3, the funny-looking monsters ~~~~~~ one funnier than the next 4,their legs are funny too. 5,look at the three houses over there. What shapes are those~~
ninjabeaver1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ninjabeaver1
Member since 2005 • 926 Posts
http://www.gamengame.com/en/gametour/game_guide.php?game_no=38&game_genre=04

This game doesn't seem scary.
armenti8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 armenti8
Member since 2003 • 306 Posts
Hello Kitty Island Adventure
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
Try System Shock 2.
wallydog63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 wallydog63
Member since 2004 • 209 Posts
Don't know what you've already played, but Nolf1 and 2 are your best choices. Both are great, and they're funny as a game can get. Then there's the next in line Contract Jack. Tron's good, and so is Deus Ex.
hippygoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 hippygoat
Member since 2005 • 134 Posts
im not sure if this is a joke or not but here goes. And seriously how can everyone have missed this one???? PAINKILLER its a game with decent graphics that came out in 04. it is very fun and a classic kind of "run and gun". It even got good ratings! gamespot gave it an 8.5. there is a demo you can try to see if you like it. http://www.gamespot.com/pages/gamespace/download.php?pid=534813&sid=6110116&mode= the review can be found here http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/painkiller/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gssummary comments include things such as: "Painkiller is a throwback to the days when first-person shooters were all about action--and it's a great throwback, at that." "The action is fast, bloody, and intense. Just like any good shooter should be." "Impressive and realistic physics result in some spectacular, unscripted moments and help lend replay value to the game's single-player levels." they compare the action to the original quake. i would suggest this game to anyone actually, not just people who dont want scary games/like to make joke topics.
-Karayan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 -Karayan-
Member since 2006 • 6713 Posts
Play Doom 3, I never got scared by any game every again after playing that game, and you'll get used to the scares about half way through. Shame though :(
Tadmod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Tadmod
Member since 2006 • 151 Posts
Have you tried any hunting games? They offer quite unique and intriguing gameplay, and your "enemies" don't attack you!
goblight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 goblight
Member since 2003 • 422 Posts
I would also recommend the NOLF games and will include the Thief series......fun but not too scary
zunots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 zunots
Member since 2003 • 29 Posts
Any Barney themed FPS. If any existed. :P
I think "scary" games doesn't actually scare you, but surprises you at unopportune time. Which, depends on the person, would result in a twitching or self defense mechanism. Like someone about to punch your face, you wouldn't just sit around waiting for his fist to land squarely on your face. You block.
Twitching, for me, occur many times while playing Doom3. And BF2 also provides me some twitching happiness. :lol:

I think you should face your fears and play Doom3.  Or maybe it's just your natural self defense.