finished a game without any cheats.

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cantholdon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cantholdon
Member since 2007 • 75 Posts
'cheats' realy help us when we got stuck in any level or part of a game. but have u ever finished a game (especially hard games) without any cheats? maybe u know some of a games which is realy difficult to be completed...and if theres no way thru, surely we will seek for some cheats. but of course, we will get more satisfied if we completed a truly hard game without using any cheats. so how about u?
Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
Most of them, especially lately. Back a few years ago with adventure puzzle games I used walkthroughs some. Games today don't require much cheating.
Avatar image for Vlad_an_impaler
Vlad_an_impaler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Vlad_an_impaler
Member since 2004 • 244 Posts
Just finished one myself a couple of weeks ago without cheats.."Darkstar One" :D
Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts
i havent cheated in a game since like...... delta force.
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts
I have never used cheats to beat any of my games. The only time I actually used cheats in a game and saved the file was in FFX to get these two impossible to get items.
cantholdon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cantholdon
i havent cheated in a game since like...... delta force.Sully28
which one?
Tadmod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Tadmod
Member since 2006 • 151 Posts
I cheat in games only when it makes something funny happens...

...like in hitman, where you can use the cheat to make your guns nailguns...

...but thats all
nic0008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nic0008
Member since 2006 • 250 Posts
I use to cheat alot when I first started playing games but now I don't.
Fuseking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 Fuseking
Member since 2006 • 2102 Posts
They only time i do is just when i can't beat a game or a already have then go back and just have some fun.
lionheart22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lionheart22
Member since 2007 • 551 Posts
I used to love cheating on shooters (especially doom and doom2) but know I am older I enjoy having a challenge
Deltaforce-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Deltaforce-
Member since 2007 • 314 Posts

[QUOTE="Sully28"]i havent cheated in a game since like...... delta force.cantholdon
which one?

You cheated in Delta Force, tisk, tisk. That's one of my favorite games. :)

handag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 handag
Member since 2006 • 449 Posts

Delata Force is a Easy Game....never used a Cheat on it.

Probably the only game i've Cheated on is Hitman. Becous when i've walke through the game i just wanted to have some fun with Loades of Guns and Ammo :P

AlphaHumana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AlphaHumana
Member since 2006 • 618 Posts
I only cheat in a game after I've already beaten it legitimately and want to play it again - for example cheating to skip levels/areas that I don't like/are boring/whatever.  Also, occasionally I need to cheat to bypass a bug - usually, it seems, by enabling clipping/turning off "collisions" (I think those are the right terms) for just a few secs to get things right again or by "consoling" in an item that was vital to the continuation of the game but which mysteriously disappeared - but that's not really cheating.  Occasionally, I'll need to look at a walkthrough if I'm playing a game that has a stupid puzzle that has some idiotic solution that doesn't make sense to a sane individual.

Some of my friends, however, go online immediately after purchasing a new game to look for the cheat codes for them.  Seems like a waste of money to me (buying the game, but then cheating their way through it thus removing the challenge) but hey, whatever makes them happy - their time and money.

RazorGR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 RazorGR
Member since 2005 • 1605 Posts
Other than Doom 3, I never cheated to complete a game. I didn't want to cheat in that one either but the damn thing wouldn't end! I got so incredibly bored and wanted it to be over ASAP so I just enabled God mode run through the rest of the game, beat it and unistalled it immediately.
Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts
I used to, but now i only cheat after i have completed the single player campaign.
DrDoomed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DrDoomed
Member since 2003 • 11386 Posts
depends really...do u consider quicksaves cheating?
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19583 Posts
Unless I want to screw around with the game's AI (or if the game glitches and I get stuck in a wall or something), I almost never use cheats.
cantholdon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 cantholdon
when i attempting to finish the level 'keep your friend close' in GTA VC, i used cheats..i guess its imposible to completed the level without using any cheats. :D
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Completing GTA 3 / Vice City / San Andreas without using a single cheat is nearly impossible.

Yeah , i cheated in the those series .

Deus_Ex_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 Deus_Ex_Fan
Member since 2006 • 625 Posts
While playing the game: always, since cheating yourself is truly, truly, truly sad. Use "cheats" in modding and to fly around a map to study level design more, but don't use it in the game. Why pay to cheat anyway? It's why I prefer SP over MP, too. Since you know in SP if you're cheating or not. Not the case in MP.
cantholdon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 cantholdon
manhunt is exception... those cheats in that game were impossible to be done. cheats that 'cheating' us...
supersonic130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 supersonic130
Member since 2005 • 272 Posts
It's kinda a waste of money to use cheats, it ruins the game. The last time i cheated was in the PS title, 'MediEvil 2', that game was rather hard so I cheated my way through it by using the 'level skip' cheat. I got the whole story with the cut scenes and all but after that I just didn't ever feel like playing it. 
cantholdon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 cantholdon
but after that I just didn't ever feel like playing it. supersonic130

agreed.
DGFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DGFreak
Member since 2003 • 2234 Posts
I'VE NEVER PLAYED A GAME WITOUT CHEETZ ESPECIALLY ONLINE GAME LIKE CS.
Smudge_Smill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Smudge_Smill
Member since 2005 • 238 Posts
I won't cheat at a game first time 'round.  I'm strict on myself to finish a game on at least a medium-high dificulty, before I use any kind of cheat.

The only exception was the GTA series.  The cheats in that game make them SO much more fun to play.
zayl99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 zayl99
Member since 2007 • 614 Posts
They only time i do is just when i can't beat a game or a already have then go back and just have some fun. Fuseking
Same with me. Cheating at the beginning just ruins the game for me.
handag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 handag
Member since 2006 • 449 Posts

I'VE NEVER PLAYED A GAME WITOUT CHEETZ ESPECIALLY ONLINE GAME LIKE CS.DGFreak

Either you are Such a  noob that you cant play the game. Or you are a Consoller....and if you are a Consoller then P**s off!!!

edgeofforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 edgeofforever
Member since 2004 • 349 Posts

I've only used cheats after finishing a game. When I was younger I sometimes used cheats in games like Fallout to get every item possible and to play around with stats and abilities. Nowadays I always play on the hard difficulty, games have gotten less challenging for some reason.

-Karayan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 -Karayan-
Member since 2006 • 6713 Posts
I never cheat. I mean, I occasionally look at a walkthrough if I'm really stuck, but that's it.
Lonezerth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Lonezerth
Member since 2005 • 322 Posts
I cheated a lot when playing older games like Doom, etc. Nowadays I only cheat when I'm sick of the game and I want to see the end as soon as possible, or some adventure games, with puzzles that make no sense for me and I usually yield to a walkthrough (I guess that's "cheating"). Not that many recent games are difficult at all, at least in comparison.
philliejones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 philliejones
Member since 2007 • 32 Posts
lol cheats. who dosen't use cheats sometimes? Man I remember when I use to play Sonic the hedgehog Sega style back in da day. I loved doing the cheat codes. Becoming super sonic, lol and going to favorite levels. I even use to use game genie and game shark. Fair to say when they invented play station and play station 2. The gaming world took a whole new turn, and cheating wasn't really a thought as much. Then they came out with the internet, lol then the world of gaming rocketed. I think now more then ever cheating is more a common thing then it was say 4-5 years ago. Honestly, tell me the last time u were in a Counter Strike server ad you haven't heard people complaining that this person and that person is a bot. People just have no pride for an honest challenge. lol but who am I to say? I'm just a gamer. Nice thread question..
Avatar image for deactivated-591754d3955ba
deactivated-591754d3955ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#32 deactivated-591754d3955ba
Member since 2004 • 5196 Posts
Just passed Grand Theft Auto - Vice City without using cheats. Wow, it felt good, knowing that game is a master of frustration.
G-on

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 G-on
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
rarely use cheats since my platform still snes until now use Pc but last time i use cheats to play Oblivion
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

Completing GTA 3 / Vice City / San Andreas without using a single cheat is nearly impossible.

indzman

It isn't impossible. Its imposible to complete with cheats, because of the thing that prevents you to reach 100% if you do use a cheat. Now if you mean the storyline modes, I was able to beat every single one of them without cheats.

FrozeN__54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FrozeN__54
Member since 2005 • 3434 Posts
I never cheat in a game. I only look at walkthroughs.
pwilletts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 pwilletts
Member since 2006 • 881 Posts
Ive cheated on a few games but now i dont ever just sucks the fun right outta them. Walkthroughs though come in handy.
mclazyj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

#37 mclazyj
Member since 2003 • 4391 Posts
Occasionally, I have used a cheat, but most of the time, I like to beat my games clean, without a cheat factor attached.
oscar530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 oscar530
Member since 2005 • 4430 Posts
yes thats good for you and i only use cheats in GTA to make it even funner
hypnotoad8128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#39 hypnotoad8128
Member since 2007 • 474 Posts
I've not used cheats in a long, long time. Games these days are just too easy on the brain. Seems these days the developers are too busy on making the games look good instead but making the game play simplistic. In the old days I used to. By old day's I mean games in the 80's and very early 90's.
Whermacht02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Whermacht02
Member since 2006 • 1069 Posts

Completing GTA 3 / Vice City / San Andreas without using a single cheat is nearly impossible.

indzman

Oh come on dude... those are fairly easy games... they can take more time thatn a regular game, but its possible to finish them without cheats (I did it!!!)

As for cheating, the last time that I truly cheated, was with Rainbow Six Rogue Spear... the game was so damn hard. After that, I used cheats on games that I already finished to have some fun (mainly, editing my Diablo 2 Characters)

Right now, Im playing Titan Quest and I had to read a walkthrough to find some of the hidden quests...

mclazyj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

#41 mclazyj
Member since 2003 • 4391 Posts

when i attempting to finish the level 'keep your friend close' in GTA VC, i used cheats..i guess its imposible to completed the level without using any cheats. :D
cantholdon

Actually, it was quite simple to beat it without using cheats.  The only time I have ever cheated in a GTA game was in GTA3 when I used a package guide to find the last few packages I was missing.  If you take some time, and think out a plan, you can pass any GTA mission without cheating.

Skamiplan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Skamiplan
Member since 2004 • 470 Posts

Completing GTA 3 / Vice City / San Andreas without using a single cheat is nearly impossible.

indzman

nearly impossible??? i finished them with out dying and cheating 3 and Vice city didn't try San Andreas yet...
zbiggie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 zbiggie
Member since 2004 • 363 Posts
i always play with cheats it loads of fun, but i usally finish the game at least once (90% of the time)without using cheats, then i see what i can do in the game, fallout beat the game 5 times if not more with out cheats now i have a game going where i maxed out all the stats and im going city by city killing every single person, it got boring at the 5 city but one day
Avatar image for deactivated-591754d3955ba
deactivated-591754d3955ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#44 deactivated-591754d3955ba
Member since 2004 • 5196 Posts
If you take some time, and think out a plan, you can pass any GTA mission without cheating.mclazyj

Amen to that. Quite frankly, often you get hit by a car when you're like meters away from finishing the mission, or your friend dies hit by a maniac's car, stuff like that. Having to start a mission over and over again is pretty frustrating to me, but it's a lot more rewarding when there's a challenge, innit?
xxstalker24xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 xxstalker24xx
Member since 2005 • 118 Posts
I dont cheat at all rly i dont see the point, if you cant do a part because its push on and keep trying, dont be a wimp and go for the cheats to make it easy. just wrong :x
xxstalker24xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 xxstalker24xx
Member since 2005 • 118 Posts
sry should have said "if you can't do a part because its hard push on and keep trying,

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47 105506
Member since 2004 • 5285 Posts

I only cheat when I beat the game. But once in hl2 i had 1hp left and I was about to massacre into the striders you first meet. I wanted to spawn a health pack but didnt. Retryed like 4 times and made i :D

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

'cheats' realy help us when we got stuck in any level or part of a game. but have u ever finished a game (especially hard games) without any cheats? maybe u know some of a games which is realy difficult to be completed...and if theres no way thru, surely we will seek for some cheats. but of course, we will get more satisfied if we completed a truly hard game without using any cheats. so how about u?cantholdon

I avoid every and all cheats, because in the end your only cheating your self.

RobertBowen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#49 RobertBowen
Member since 2003 • 4094 Posts
I don't use cheats to complete games. Cheating removes some or all of the challenge...so what is the point of playing? Considering most games come with 'easy' difficulty settings as well to ensure beginners etc., can get through the game, it just doesn't make much sense to cheat. If you choose to play a game on hardest difficulty and then cheat to get through it...well, that seems nonsensical as well, defeating the whole point of using that difficulty setting. There are not many games that don't allow you to adjust the difficulty, so why cheat to beat the game? If you do badly on the easiest difficulty, then you just need to practice more to raise your skill in the game. If you're not willing to put some effort in to beat a game, then really you have to question whether you're playing the right kinds of games or not.
judog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#50 judog1
Member since 2005 • 24657 Posts
I've beaten Tony Hawk's Underground 2 on sick mode without any cheats...