Final Fantasy III coming to Steam

#1 Posted by benleslie5 (8001 posts) -

I know that it was released on the DS back in 2007 and then making it's way to mobile phones a few years later but now it seems that Final Fantasy III is making it's way to Steam, did you play the original? Or is this a good chance to play a game you've missed out on playing to begin with?

New and improved 3D visuals and story sequences, and will include Steam Trading Cards and Achievements and new visual designs for the Job Mastery Cards.

#2 Edited by superclocked (5863 posts) -

Aw, I was hoping that you meant Final Fantasy 3 from the SNES (Final Fantasy 6). I didn't really care for part 3...

#3 Edited by wiifan001 (18496 posts) -

So it's the remake of the actual Final Fantasy 3 nes game (not 6) then?

#4 Edited by Postosuchus (382 posts) -

As I recall there were several remakes of FF3 on various handhelds and phones, each with different graphics. Will this steam version be the same as one of the handhelds or with it's own unique improvements?

#5 Posted by remiks00 (2538 posts) -

It's great that Square is releasing more FF's on PC. I hope they bring FF15 & 13 there too.

#6 Posted by Behardy24 (5324 posts) -

Glad we are seeing more Final Fantasy games coming to the PC.

#7 Posted by uninspiredcup (12923 posts) -

The MMO is pretty fun but from playing 7 I hate it. Rather play YS.

#8 Posted by illmatic87 (15519 posts) -
@wiifan001 said:

Yeap. It's not the FF with Terra, Sabin, Setzer, Celes, Locke etc. That's Final Fantasy VI. The numbering mixup was due to some Final Fantasy games not making it out of Japan, so the Western releases followed a different numbering system.

This is the PC version of the FFIII remake that appeared on DS and Apple/Android devices. It's not the best FF game in the world, but it certainly has its traditional charm and tone.

#10 Edited by Postosuchus (382 posts) -

@illmatic87 said:
@wiifan001 said:

This is the PC version of the FFIII remake that appeared on DS and Apple/Android devices. It's not the best FF game in the world, but it certainly has its traditional charm and tone.

It's like a primitive version of FF5, with a somewhat worse class system (you don't keep any benefits from leveling in a class when switching to a new one). However, it's also very difficult, which many will probably appreciate.