FIFA Manager vs Football Manager

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

I know there have been topics on this before but I just wanted an update with the latest versions.

I'm a big Football Fanatic, play lots of FIFA offline and online way back from FIFA '94.

I'm also actually coaching a real team now (cause I broke my knee and it ended my playing career), and want to buy one of these two games to coach virtually.

What are the pros and cons of each one? (From just screenshots FIFA Manager looks cleaner)

Thanks

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
I haven't played either for years, I did try the newer demos tho and imo: FIFA Manager is a game, it's fun, visually appealing, deep enough. Football Manager is a statistics simulator, it's not really fun, it's extremely simplistic and boring looking, the only place it shines and the reason people prefer it more than FIFA Manager, it's extremely deep (statistically).
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FelipeInside
I ain't looking for deep statistics.... just a good coaching FUN Simulator. Thanks for the input DD.
Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#4 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

I know there have been topics on this before but I just wanted an update with the latest versions.

I'm a big Football Fanatic, play lots of FIFA offline and online way back from FIFA '94.

I'm also actually coaching a real team now (cause I broke my knee and it ended my playing career), and want to buy one of these two games to coach virtually.

What are the pros and cons of each one? (From just screenshots FIFA Manager looks cleaner)

Thanks

FelipeInside
The difference between the two are quite simple. FIFA lets you take control of the entire club, you control the finances, the stadium, the kit, the sponsors, the fan-shop and you can buy and sell property to make cash for the club. Football manager lets you be the coach and only the coach, so anything involved in that you handle, fire/hire staff, sell/buy players within the budget you have. Also Fifa is not as accurate in its database and its size compared to Football manager is a lot smaller, Football manager has the most extensive and accurate database out there. So if you want to just be the coach go for Football Manager, do you want to be more take FIFA.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

Thanks

Jacanuk
The difference between the two are quite simple. FIFA lets you take control of the entire club, you control the finances, the stadium, the kit, the sponsors, the fan-shop and you can buy and sell property to make cash for the club. Football manager lets you be the coach and only the coach, so anything involved in that you handle, fire/hire staff, sell/buy players within the budget you have. Also Fifa is not as accurate in its database and its size compared to Football manager is a lot smaller, Football manager has the most extensive and accurate database out there. So if you want to just be the coach go for Football Manager, do you want to be more take FIFA.

Thanks for the info J. I like the idea of running the whole club (as in stadium, sponsors etc), so I guess FIFA Manager is the way to go. I'm worried what you said about the smaller database. Having played FIFA every year, they have lots of players there, so why is the database smaller? A couple of questions if you guys know: 1) Does either FIFA Manager or Football Manager have the ARGENTINEAN League? 2) On both games, do you start with a lower division team and then make ur way up the ladder to get promoted etc? and get offered new contracts from better teams if u go good?
Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jacanuk

[QUOTE="Jacanuk"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

Thanks

FelipeInside

Thanks for the info J. I like the idea of running the whole club (as in stadium, sponsors etc), so I guess FIFA Manager is the way to go. I'm worried what you said about the smaller database. Having played FIFA every year, they have lots of players there, so why is the database smaller? A couple of questions if you guys know: 1) Does either FIFA Manager or Football Manager have the ARGENTINEAN League? 2) On both games, do you start with a lower division team and then make ur way up the ladder to get promoted etc? and get offered new contracts from better teams if u go good?

If you want to run the entire club then FIFA is for you.

FIFA Manager is a bit more polished then Football manager, in regards to gameplay/graphics and such.

In both games you can choose all the big leagues, Football manager is a bit bigger in that regards which is what i meant with a bigger database. Fifa is abit smaller and but still have the major leagues meaning yes you can play any team in the two top tiers in Argentina.

FIFA manager you will have the option to start a career, found a club or go into a game and choose the big club, Football manager is different in that way since you can only start in two ways employed or unemployed, meaning that you can choose any club and start in that or make it abit realistic and go unemployed and apply for open positions. Meaning that you will usally end up in a low club where you as a new name will have to prove yourself.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FelipeInside
^^ Thanks. Looks like FIFA is for me. Better looking, can control whole club + coach and has the Argentinean League: ON FIFA - Can I just control the club and NOT coach? - I know I can choose the big leagues in FIFA, but can I start as a newbie and get offered the lower leagues first (Career Mode). As in I start with low offers and then get better offers depending on how I went.
Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jacanuk
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]^^ Thanks. Looks like FIFA is for me. Better looking, can control whole club + coach and has the Argentinean League: ON FIFA - Can I just control the club and NOT coach? - I know I can choose the big leagues in FIFA, but can I start as a newbie and get offered the lower leagues first (Career Mode). As in I start with low offers and then get better offers depending on how I went.

What do you mean control the club? you mean be the CEO and have the computer play the coach? Because nope your hired as the manager of the club, you can however choose to let the assistent coach set the lineups but you will still be in control during matches and be the one fired if it goes badly :D i cant remember if its still possible to play the games in FIFA 12 if you have that also, but it used to be. I havent got the latest fifa on pc so dont have the option here. And yes you can start as a new trainer, you choose the leagues you want to be playable and the game randomly pick 3 bottom division clubs in any of the leagues you have chosen. And depending on how you do you will earn points and make a name for yourself as a manager/coach
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="Jacanuk"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]^^ Thanks. Looks like FIFA is for me. Better looking, can control whole club + coach and has the Argentinean League: ON FIFA - Can I just control the club and NOT coach? - I know I can choose the big leagues in FIFA, but can I start as a newbie and get offered the lower leagues first (Career Mode). As in I start with low offers and then get better offers depending on how I went.

What do you mean control the club? you mean be the CEO and have the computer play the coach? Because nope your hired as the manager of the club, you can however choose to let the assistent coach set the lineups but you will still be in control during matches and be the one fired if it goes badly :D i cant remember if its still possible to play the games in FIFA 12 if you have that also, but it used to be. I havent got the latest fifa on pc so dont have the option here. And yes you can start as a new trainer, you choose the leagues you want to be playable and the game randomly pick 3 bottom division clubs in any of the leagues you have chosen. And depending on how you do you will earn points and make a name for yourself as a manager/coach

Cool thanks. My question sound weird I see. It's because I'm originally from Argentina and over there Manager and Coach are completely different things/roles. The Manager (or president) controls the club and has NOTHING to do with lineups, teams, purchases etc. The coach takes care of all that.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FelipeInside
I also just am trying out the DEMO for FIFA Manager 12. Are the teams in the leagues less cause of the demo? I went into Argentina to put as my favourite team but not all of them are there (my team is ROSARIO CENTRAL).
rhazzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rhazzy
Member since 2009 • 1516 Posts

Fifa Manager sucks...it is the worst football manager ever...

It dosent matter what you do how do you coach how to you set ur formation nothing matters in FIFA Manager...the outcome,the result of a match will always be the same no matter what you do.

If you want a game where you can choose ur sponsor ,buy, sell etc... WITH NO IMPACT WHATSOEVER on ur matches...go with fifa manager.

If u want a decent football manager with huge and accurate data base...and where ur DECISIONS AFFECTS the result of a match...go with Football Manager 2012.

I play football managers since 2003(started back then with CM '01-'02, the best football manager of all times) an up to this date i can say that Fifa Manager only impressed me with one title...and that was Fifa Manager 08 or 07? because you could choose right before the kick start if you want to export ur squad in FIFA 08 and take control of ur squad and play it in FIFA...and after that import your result and all the match stats back to Fifa Manager...
If you want THE BEST footbal manager experience out there go with Championship Manager 01'-'02,last time ived check the community was still there and they made yearly updates...even Championship Manager 4(second best footbal manager of all times :) ) has still an active community...But if you want the latest products...go with Football Manager 2012 you cant go wrong.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jacanuk
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]I also just am trying out the DEMO for FIFA Manager 12. Are the teams in the leagues less cause of the demo? I went into Argentina to put as my favourite team but not all of them are there (my team is ROSARIO CENTRAL).

Yep, the Demo has some restrictions so its possible Argentina has some teams taken out there. But the reason you cant find your team is not because its not there but because FIFA havent bought the rights to the teams names. So the team name is altered in some sence. since i can see R.Central plays just below the top division. But you can find a patch that will correct that on a fan site :D
Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jacanuk
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Thanks. My question sound weird I see. It's because I'm originally from Argentina and over there Manager and Coach are completely different things/roles. The Manager (or president) controls the club and has NOTHING to do with lineups, teams, purchases etc. The coach takes care of all that.

Nah, didn´t sound weird. I am from UK so over here a Manager is the term used for a "coach" Coach/Manager is the same thing but in some clubs though a Manager can have added control over the club and in some places only reports to the club chairman. So if you play in Argentina then you will be the coach but will still control everything in the club.
Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jacanuk

It dosent matter what you do how do you coach how to you set ur formation nothing matters in FIFA Manager...the outcome,the result of a match will always be the same no matter what you do.

If you want a game where you can choose ur sponsor ,buy, sell etc... WITH NO IMPACT WHATSOEVER on ur matches...go with fifa manager.

If u want a decent football manager with huge and accurate data base...and where ur DECISIONS AFFECTS the result of a match...go with Football Manager 2012.

I play football managers since 2003(started back then with CM '01-'02, the best football manager of all times) an up to this date i can say that Fifa Manager only impressed me with one title...and that was Fifa Manager 08 or 07? because you could choose right before the kick start if you want to export ur squad in FIFA 08 and take control of ur squad and play it in FIFA...and after that import your result and all the match stats back to Fifa Manager...
If you want THE BEST footbal manager experience out there go with Championship Manager 01'-'02,last time ived check the community was still there and they made yearly updates...even Championship Manager 4(second best footbal manager of all times :) ) has still an active community...But if you want the latest products...go with Football Manager 2012 you cant go wrong.

rhazzy
Sure mate :) in FIFA Manager 12 nothing you do matters you can infact play with 1 player or 11 goal-keepers and still win because the game is so bad. But i would suggest you try the game, but i can see from your post that it would be pointless. Fanboi is a Fanboi ;)
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]I also just am trying out the DEMO for FIFA Manager 12. Are the teams in the leagues less cause of the demo? I went into Argentina to put as my favourite team but not all of them are there (my team is ROSARIO CENTRAL).Jacanuk
Yep, the Demo has some restrictions so its possible Argentina has some teams taken out there. But the reason you cant find your team is not because its not there but because FIFA havent bought the rights to the teams names. So the team name is altered in some sence. since i can see R.Central plays just below the top division. But you can find a patch that will correct that on a fan site :D

Thanks.

Yeah, Rosario went down a division 2 years ago :( But they are going second now with 2 games left, so we are going back up :)

Been playing a bit of the demo of FIFA Manager 12, pretty good but I get overwhelmed with so many options and windows, lol.....

- How do I make subs through a game, or change formations?

- Do you normally use the LIVE 3D View for games or just the text summary?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jacanuk
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Jacanuk"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]I also just am trying out the DEMO for FIFA Manager 12. Are the teams in the leagues less cause of the demo? I went into Argentina to put as my favourite team but not all of them are there (my team is ROSARIO CENTRAL).

Thanks. Yeah, Rosario went down a division 2 years ago :( But they are going second now with 2 games left, so we are going back up :) Been playing a bit of the demo of FIFA Manager 12, pretty good but I get overwhelmed with so many options and windows, lol.....

Cool :) congrats on that promotion. And ya there is a lot of options and windows, but EA have done a great job with the front desk view where you can choose what you want to have a shown in the side
Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jacanuk

Been playing a bit of the demo of FIFA Manager 12, pretty good but I get overwhelmed with so many options and windows, lol.....

- How do I make subs through a game, or change formations?

- Do you normally use the LIVE 3D View for games or just the text summary?

FelipeInside

At any time you can choose to pause the game and go into the teamview and decided to make a substitution or chance the formation, in text-view you can pause and do the same, in instant you cant choose anything.

And i usally choose 3D view :) i love football and i think EA have done a good job of showing the game and its cool to see the changes you do make actually make a impact on the game.

I do sometimes choose text-summary, either teletext view or instant result, but as above i think its more fun to watch the game.

OutOfPoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 OutOfPoint
Member since 2010 • 155 Posts

rhazzy

This, there is a reason why tons of people play football manager. I actually prefer the older versions, first played CM 97/98 which was awesome, then onto CM3, CM 01-02. But for football fans who want the best and most comprehensive player database, FM is the clear choice.

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

I have been playing the Championship Manager games since 1995, and I can assure you that if you put the time into Football Manager, you will reap the rewards in kind.

I have tried the demos to a few of the FIFA manager games, and the database is pretty small in comparison. Not only that, but the games look worse that the most recent FIFA games, and any odd AI quirks are further highlighted by the fact that the camera is much closer to the action than it is in Football Manager (whose match engine is far from perfect, but servicable).

I would download the demo for FM2012, run through the tutorials to get you used to the layout of the menus and such, and then just give it a go. You can play in leagues in practically any country in the world, and you can choose the size of the database and the amount of leagues actively running in each game (which affects performance if you have a sh*t tonne running).

I know FM can be a bit daunting at first, and some will never see past the 'spreadsheet' nature of the game (IGN famously pulled a 3/10 review for the most recent FM, since the reviewer just didn't get it), but it really is the truest and most immersive football management experience around.

Rick_Sure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 Rick_Sure
Member since 2011 • 371 Posts

Football Manager hands down. It is better in every way game play wise. It takes a while to get the basics but in the long run it is more rewarding. I have been hosting a game of FM 11 since its Jan update for 5 players and it is so much fun, You can actually build a club and take risks on players. Formations are much more fluid and in your contro. FIFA manager is more light waight and you will lose interest in the gimics rather fast. Down load the demos and try them out. I would go with FM every time over any other manager game.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FelipeInside
I'm so confused now, lol. I see there are fans for both series. I'm also downloading FM2012 demo from Steam as we speak.
Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jacanuk
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]I'm so confused now, lol. I see there are fans for both series. I'm also downloading FM2012 demo from Steam as we speak.

Well, i have both and like both. Because they are not the same game in other then both revolve around Football As you have said you wanted to be in charge of the entire club, and not just coaching and what that includes, FIFA is the game for you. Its also a lot more Graphic based then Football Manager which can run on a old one core PC :) Football Manager as i have said does have a much larger database, but it doesn't let you control as much as FIFA manager 12 does, no merchandise, no designing your own kit ingame, no buying the club your managing, no being in control of the finance except FIFA manager 12 is a simulator of the entire club, Football manager is a 100% just what you would expect a coach would actually be able to do in a club. And one of the key arguments from fans of Football Manager about the AI which decides the outcome of matches and what you do is not accurate, FIFA manager 10-11-12 has become pretty much equal to Football Managers recent releases. So if you choose to buy Football Manager it should not be because your convinced by the database argument.
Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Jacanuk

Football Manager hands down. It is better in every way game play wise. It takes a while to get the basics but in the long run it is more rewarding. I have been hosting a game of FM 11 since its Jan update for 5 players and it is so much fun, You can actually build a club and take risks on players. Formations are much more fluid and in your contro. FIFA manager is more light waight and you will lose interest in the gimics rather fast. Down load the demos and try them out. I would go with FM every time over any other manager game.

Rick_Sure
Eh? and you cant build a club in FIFA Manager 12? And as i have said the BS about Football manager having a better AI is pure BS, FIFA have with FIFA 12 and FIFA 12 Manager got a insanely good new AI to control both FIFA and FIFA Manager. But your right in one thing, i would download both demos and try them out.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FelipeInside
UPDATE: been playing a bit when I can of both demos. I like both actually. I love how FIFA lets you control the whole club but also I actually like the layout of FM more, it's seems more clean and not with so much in ur face. I do feel overwhelmed by both though. They require a bit of a learning curve I guess. For anyone that has FM2012 (or earlier), do you notice they have the majority of the player photos? The demo doesn't have nearly any, and I like to be able to see the face.
rhazzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rhazzy

UPDATE: been playing a bit when I can of both demos. I like both actually. I love how FIFA lets you control the whole club but also I actually like the layout of FM more, it's seems more clean and not with so much in ur face. I do feel overwhelmed by both though. They require a bit of a learning curve I guess. For anyone that has FM2012 (or earlier), do you notice they have the majority of the player photos? The demo doesn't have nearly any, and I like to be able to see the face.FelipeInside

There are mods for FM2012.

Club emblems/crest/badges for all the clubs and all the competitions in the game.

Photos of almost every damn player in the database.

Real kits for the teams in the major leagues of the planet.

And many more :P

You can start looking for what you need herehttp://www.fmscout.com/ and if you need anything else try google.

rhazzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rhazzy

Actually for the player faces i use this mod :http://fmdownloads.com/

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FelipeInside
Thanks Rhazzy. Is there one general Pack that includes all the Faces, Club Logos and Shirts?
rhazzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rhazzy

Thanks Rhazzy. Is there one general Pack that includes all the Faces, Club Logos and Shirts? FelipeInside

I dont think so...

But there is a website where you have everything you need... fm-base...Everything you need for FM2012 is on this site...everything! :P

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Thanks Rhazzy. Is there one general Pack that includes all the Faces, Club Logos and Shirts? rhazzy

I dont think so...

But there is a website where you have everything you need... fm-base...Everything you need for FM2012 is on this site...everything! :P

Thanks again. That website is perfectly clear on what it is offering. Shame there isn't a megapack that installs everything.
Rick_Sure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 Rick_Sure
Member since 2011 • 371 Posts
[QUOTE="Rick_Sure"]

Jacanuk
Eh? and you cant build a club in FIFA Manager 12? And as i have said the BS about Football manager having a better AI is pure BS, FIFA have with FIFA 12 and FIFA 12 Manager got a insanely good new AI to control both FIFA and FIFA Manager. But your right in one thing, i would download both demos and try them out.

I haven't tried this years fifa......I gave up on it as FM is (or was way ahead) so my view may be out dated, The player created DB though from the 12th tier of English football and bringing them to the champions league is what I count as building a club. Not getting some sweet deals on advertising to fund a new stadium you then go on the design. The FM forums are very helpful and well.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 FelipeInside
I've been looking at the FM2012 Demo. I actually like the UI/Interface more than FIFA. Two quick questions: 1) I started a new career as unemployed, but I never get offered a job? I go into the Job section and I see available jobs but the application button (bottom right) is greyed out for all of them? 2) Is there a way to delete my emails?
tanerb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 tanerb
Member since 2003 • 1300 Posts

some people suggesting FIFA manager over FM must be a joke. By far by a mile, not even close FM.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 FelipeInside
I've been looking at the FM2012 Demo. I actually like the UI/Interface more than FIFA. Two quick questions: 1) I started a new career as unemployed, but I never get offered a job? I go into the Job section and I see available jobs but the application button (bottom right) is greyed out for all of them? 2) Is there a way to delete my emails?
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FelipeInside

some people suggesting FIFA manager over FM must be a joke. By far by a mile, not even close FM.

tanerb
People say that FIFA have a better OVERALL control of the club (like Stadium, Sponsorship, Food/Drinks, etc etc), while FM concentrates entirely more on the coaching aspect.
Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Jacanuk

tanerb
The only joke is your comment.
Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jacanuk
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]I've been looking at the FM2012 Demo. I actually like the UI/Interface more than FIFA. Two quick questions: 1) I started a new career as unemployed, but I never get offered a job? I go into the Job section and I see available jobs but the application button (bottom right) is greyed out for all of them? 2) Is there a way to delete my emails?

1) you wont automaticaly be offered a job, you need to go into the job market and look at the clubs without a manager and hit apply. Forget about the big clubs as they will usally turn you down and laugh in your face. go for the small ones you will be more succesfull there. 2) Yep mark them at click delete or the delete button.
Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Jacanuk
[QUOTE="Rick_Sure"] I haven't tried this years fifa......I gave up on it as FM is (or was way ahead) so my view may be out dated, The player created DB though from the 12th tier of English football and bringing them to the champions league is what I count as building a club. Not getting some sweet deals on advertising to fund a new stadium you then go on the design. The FM forums are very helpful and well.

Yep, i know what you meant because you cant do the same build a club as you can in FIFA In FIFA you can literally build a club, you will name it, design the kit, design the stadium and be the owner so NOONE can fire you :) I have played both since 2005 and have been following their development and i like them both, and each have its key elements that it does better then the other. FM forums are helpfull but the same is FIFA´s So honestly i dont get this "buuuuuu we are better then you ho ho ho" if you can afford it buy both and enjoy them its not like you suddenly turn into a troll because you like FIFA Manager :d
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="Jacanuk"][QUOTE="Rick_Sure"] I haven't tried this years fifa......I gave up on it as FM is (or was way ahead) so my view may be out dated, The player created DB though from the 12th tier of English football and bringing them to the champions league is what I count as building a club. Not getting some sweet deals on advertising to fund a new stadium you then go on the design. The FM forums are very helpful and well.

Yep, i know what you meant because you cant do the same build a club as you can in FIFA In FIFA you can literally build a club, you will name it, design the kit, design the stadium and be the owner so NOONE can fire you :) I have played both since 2005 and have been following their development and i like them both, and each have its key elements that it does better then the other. FM forums are helpfull but the same is FIFA´s So honestly i dont get this "buuuuuu we are better then you ho ho ho" if you can afford it buy both and enjoy them its not like you suddenly turn into a troll because you like FIFA Manager :d

Yes. I'm only been playing the demos for both FIFA Manager 12 and Football Manager 12. I like them both actually. FIFA has more of a PRESIDENT of the CLUB Feeling, while FM is more in depth coach feeling. I personally like FM Layout a bit more cause it's seems more clean.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="Jacanuk"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]I've been looking at the FM2012 Demo. I actually like the UI/Interface more than FIFA. Two quick questions: 1) I started a new career as unemployed, but I never get offered a job? I go into the Job section and I see available jobs but the application button (bottom right) is greyed out for all of them? 2) Is there a way to delete my emails?

1) you wont automaticaly be offered a job, you need to go into the job market and look at the clubs without a manager and hit apply. Forget about the big clubs as they will usally turn you down and laugh in your face. go for the small ones you will be more succesfull there. 2) Yep mark them at click delete or the delete button.

What am I doing wrong? or is it maybe cause it's a demo? 1) I still go to the job section, I select any of the ones on offer and the "PLACE ADVERT" button is greyed out for all of them, even the lower divisions. 2) I still can't figure out how to delete emails I'm such a noob, help !!!
Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Jacanuk
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Jacanuk"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]I've been looking at the FM2012 Demo. I actually like the UI/Interface more than FIFA. Two quick questions: 1) I started a new career as unemployed, but I never get offered a job? I go into the Job section and I see available jobs but the application button (bottom right) is greyed out for all of them? 2) Is there a way to delete my emails?

What am I doing wrong? or is it maybe cause it's a demo? 1) I still go to the job section, I select any of the ones on offer and the "PLACE ADVERT" button is greyed out for all of them, even the lower divisions. 2) I still can't figure out how to delete emails I'm such a noob, help !!!

1) Once you start the game in the left corner there should be a Avaliable jobs section when you start unemployed, go down to the botton and look for Job center, now you will see a list of all the jobs even the smaller ones, assistent manager, scout and those, use the filter or just go up to where it says manager, at the bottom right corner you will now see a apply hit that and wait a few days. You can also hit apply all and you will apply to all open manager positions. 2) And sorry its not possible to delete emails, just use the filter option, its been awhile since i played FM so forgot it for a second :D
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 FelipeInside
^^ Thanks Jacanuk. But for some reason that APPLY BUTTON (called Place Advert) is always greyed out for all the jobs. :-( This week I'm going to play FIFA Manager 12 and see how that goes. (I'm playing both right now, lol.... until I decide which one is more comfortable)
Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Jacanuk
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]^^ Thanks Jacanuk. But for some reason that APPLY BUTTON (called Place Advert) is always greyed out for all the jobs. :-( This week I'm going to play FIFA Manager 12 and see how that goes. (I'm playing both right now, lol.... until I decide which one is more comfortable)

Hmm, perhaps in the demo you cant play unemployed, you know what try starting a new game go unemployed and then click jobcenter and see if its still "place advert". Place advert usally means your in a club and as a manager you can hire new staff like that.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 FelipeInside
I just realized a big NO NO from FIFA12 Manager, which puts me off it nearly completely. You can't play it WINDOWED MODE. And that's a must cause I want to be able to have iTunes and a Web Browser while I'm playing. :(
Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Jacanuk
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]I just realized a big NO NO from FIFA12 Manager, which puts me off it nearly completely. You can't play it WINDOWED MODE. And that's a must cause I want to be able to have iTunes and a Web Browser while I'm playing. :(

Hmm, i think its ALT or CTRL+K to get it windowed but you can play it windowed. you would still need to use Tab though since the mouse will stick inside the window.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="Jacanuk"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]I just realized a big NO NO from FIFA12 Manager, which puts me off it nearly completely. You can't play it WINDOWED MODE. And that's a must cause I want to be able to have iTunes and a Web Browser while I'm playing. :(

Hmm, i think its ALT or CTRL+K to get it windowed but you can play it windowed. you would still need to use Tab though since the mouse will stick inside the window.

I found a fix for windowed mode, but like you said you still need to ALT+TAB to use Windows. Very bad point for FIFA.
Voyley94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Voyley94
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

I havnt played either game yet but am seriously thinking of pre-ordering Football Manager 2014. I hear the series is pretty addicitve, how in depth is it? Im really into the whole statistics/tactics thing and can see myself getting really stuck into a good, detailed management game. FIFA Manager I hardly see advertised and seems much more subversive kinda..... 

Also, all the screens and videos of the game ive seen so far show lower division teams from the English league system (Football Manager im on about here). Do they have the Premier League, and is it just the English leagues that are available?

Voyley94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Voyley94
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

I havnt played either game yet but am seriously thinking of pre-ordering Football Manager 2014. I hear the series is pretty addicitve, how in depth is it? Im really into the whole statistics/tactics thing and can see myself getting really stuck into a good, detailed management game. FIFA Manager I hardly see advertised and seems much more subversive kinda..... 

Also, all the screens and videos of the game ive seen so far show lower division teams from the English league system (Football Manager im on about here). Do they have the Premier League, and is it just the English leagues that are available?

adrianjarca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By adrianjarca
Member since 2005 • 63 Posts

Football Manager is very in-depth, but in a good way. Each statistic is tied to 2 or 3 (like a player who is good at finishing also needs good composure and positioning to score) others and it has lot of variables, all of which can affect the course of the match, for instance depending on his mental attributes encouraging a player can cause him to gain confidence and score the winning goal or become complacent and fail to intercept the pass that led to opposition's winning goal.

I've worked with excel spreadsheets that were less in-depth than FM.

boonetown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 boonetown
Member since 2012 • 90 Posts

football manager >