Fallout 3 - * - * - Oblivion - * - * - Mass Effect ??? (((PoLL)))

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pilatin1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 pilatin1
Member since 2006 • 107 Posts

Mass Effect I Think

carlobrown174

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 carlobrown174
Member since 2008 • 170 Posts

All 3 games are good in their own way, I own and have played all 3 of them.

Oblivion is my favorite though. :D

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

Story and fun wise, Mass Effect, Fallout 3, ................................................., Oblivion.

Regarding the value, Fallout 3, Mass Effect, ................................................, Oblivion.

kazakauskas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 kazakauskas
Member since 2008 • 1332 Posts

and another topic regarding this question...

Avatar image for seancollins1987
seancollins1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 seancollins1987
Member since 2008 • 253 Posts
oblivion wins in my book. I loved fallout 3 but the bugs drove me to insanity
Cicatraz_ESP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Cicatraz_ESP
Member since 2006 • 1993 Posts

Story and fun wise, Mass Effect, Fallout 3, ................................................., Oblivion.

Regarding the value, Fallout 3, Mass Effect, ................................................, Oblivion.

DanielDust

Wait... the value? Oblivion was ten times longer, much more weapons, armor, quests, things to do... Mass Effect was just too linear for me after playing oblivion. And I know it's been said, but fallout 3 felt like oblivion with guns. So I'll def. be going with Oblivion on this one.

ManicAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#7 ManicAce
Member since 2009 • 3267 Posts
Mass Effect is propably the best, it wasn't as good as Kotor but had that same feel to it, I like lots of dialogue and choices in my RPGs. Fallout 3 would be second, the gameworld is brilliant, it had some of those open world curses like pointless side quests, bugs and other stuff, but overall good. Oblivion was just broken out of the box with its level scaling, mods might have made it better but imo it's still more of an action-adventure like Zelda etc. because it completely lacks NPC interaction and choices/consequences.
Skeptomania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Skeptomania
Member since 2004 • 8104 Posts

Oblivion is such a relevant game that people are still creating many threads about it 3 years after release. Fallout 3 might still be talked about in 3 years. Mass Effect won't be.

Let's also not forget that Oblivion and Fallout 3 have the added benefit of offial DLC as well as unofficial user created content. Mass Effect has......been patched?

AmazingAsian87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AmazingAsian87
Member since 2009 • 68 Posts

i actually got bored with fallout 3 tho it's a good game... i'll go for mass effect

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
I havn't played Fallout 3 but I can't even qualify Oblivion as a rpg.. Its a mediocre hack n slash game with psudeo rpg elements.. I am sure mods have changed this, but I gave away my game before that in disgust. So my opinion would be Mass Effect.
Timberwolf5578

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Timberwolf5578
Member since 2008 • 311 Posts

Obviously this poll does not reflect what the general video gaming public thinks. If the general video gaming public were polled, probably Oblivion would be first, followed somewhat closely by Fallout 3, and in distant third would be Mass Effect.

Avatar image for deactivated-64b76bd048860
deactivated-64b76bd048860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 deactivated-64b76bd048860
Member since 2007 • 4363 Posts
I loved Fallout 3, I've heard loads of great things from Mass Effect, and Oblivion. I'm getting Mass Effect and Oblivion soon.
True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#13 True_Sounds
Member since 2009 • 2915 Posts

What is with all these ME Oblivion comparison threads lately? All we needed was one (we didn't even need 1)..

Farkeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Farkeman
Member since 2009 • 1199 Posts

definetly fallout 3 , it has best story , best gameplay , best effects , best everything...
that posapocaliptic enviroment is so realistics and creapy , i had my eyes stuck to monitor ...
and most important you have so much choises and they decides your further game

+ it has unlimited amount of mods and upcoming dlc's, ive spend dosens of hours playing it and it was my best gaming hours ever ...

oblivion was so boring , bit to empty for me ...

mass effect is to linenear and not very polished not much of rpg , but still i liked it ^^

chapman86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 chapman86
Member since 2004 • 583 Posts

I played all 3 and loved all 3, but I prefer Fallout 3.

Mass effect has the best Dialogue/Voice Acting, but it is linear as someone mentioned it, it has no replayability value and no official modding tool.

Bethesda gave modding tools for both Oblivion and Fallout 3, which expanded the replayability values and made the core game interesting with all sorts of things that modders came up with.

kazakauskas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kazakauskas

definetly fallout 3 , it has best story , best gameplay , best effects , best everything...
that posapocaliptic enviroment is so realistics and creapy , i had my eyes stuck to monitor ...

+ it has unlimited amount of mods and upcoming dlc's, ive spend dosens of hours playing it and it was my best gaming hours ever ...

oblivion was so boring , bit to empty for me ...

mass effect is to linenear and not very polished not much of rpg , but still i liked it ^^

Farkeman

well... actually only mass effect is true RPG . you can say that you like oblivion or fallout 3 more and they are open ended , but ME is most RPG from them (then fallout and only then oblivion )

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#17 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

Deus Ex 1 leaves them all for dead :P But Mass Effect is the best out of the poll, ,easily.

funked_up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 funked_up
Member since 2009 • 716 Posts
Fallout 3 was at least a RPG, oblivion was an action adventure game, and Mass Effect was a terrible shooter with tacked on "RPG" elements.
Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts
Just got Mass Effect and...Wow. Its a much better RPG than either of the other two. That said Oblivion is brilliant just for the mods. Fallout 3 is one of those games that's like...Its a sequel, which doesn't live up to its predecessor's legacy, it is horrible played as an FPS, but since it relies on the shooting to back up its RPG mechanics (You can only use VATS so much) it overall isn't that fun. Of course, it has a brilliantly designed world and a crap load to do in it, so that makes up for some of its shortcomings...
Farkeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Farkeman
Member since 2009 • 1199 Posts

google rpg definition in google , mass effect doesnt have any role playing , you play as a cop and dont have any choice ... the bigest choice you can find is to be a bad cop or a good cop and only diffrence is that text lines are different ... mass effect is too linenear and its kinda action game with rpg elements ...

Fallout 3 has billion decisions that effect your further game plus you can take a role as a good or a bad guy , in other words role play... so thats the bigest and best rpg game of those 3 with no doubt !

Timberwolf5578

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Timberwolf5578
Member since 2008 • 311 Posts

If Mass Effect is an RPG then so is Bioshock (which is by the way a much better game than Mass Effect).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

If Mass Effect is an RPG then so is Bioshock (which is by the way a much better game than Mass Effect).

Timberwolf5578
That makes absolutely no sense in any way at all.
kazakauskas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kazakauskas

google rpg definition in google , mass effect doesnt have any role playing , you play as a cop and dont have any choice ... the bigest choice you can find is to be a bad cop or a good cop and only diffrence is that text lines are different ... mass effect is too linenear and its kinda action game with rpg elements ...

Fallout 3 has billion decisions that effect your further game plus you can take a role as a good or a bad guy , in other words role play... so thats the bigest and best rpg game of those 3 with no doubt !

Farkeman

so what are you saying ? being good or bad in ME is deferent that being good or bad in fallout 3 ? and i dont think that fallout have more that few dissisions that afect main storyline. ME dont have verry much 2 , but its way shorter , and those disisions are varry big.

discription of rpg : "A role-playing game (RPG; often roleplaying game) is a game in which the participants assume the roles of fictional characters.[1] Participants determine the actions of their characters based on their characterization,[1] and the actions succeed or fail according to a formal system of rules and guidelines.[2] Within the rules, players have the freedom to improvise; their choices shape the direction and outcome of the game.[2] "

and i hope you see that rpg isnt about that you can be melee or shooting character. its about you doing your choices is game. and ME is best in that way.

Aurora-Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Aurora-Storm
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Mass Effect, by leaps and bounds. Oblivion has its merit only in the broad and often extravegant workings of a dedicated modding community - which sometimes adds some seriously needed depth to an otherwise dull game (think: throw-away characters, guild and plot extensions, etc). Fallout 3 is better than Oblivion in certain ways, but worse in others. I get tired of scavenging a wasteland after a couple of hours, though combat and plot are pretty good. Mass Effect tops them in all ways. At least, the PC version does. I've tried the X-BOX version, and uhg!.. talk about clunky inventory system.
Aurora-Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Aurora-Storm

I've played both, love both, and totally disagree. Bioshock is a wonderful game that explores more specific depths than Mass Effect... but that's because it has a much smaller, totally contained environment. Without that deep exploration of plot and character, in that environment, the game would amount to nothing, at least nothing worthwhile. Also, you play the role of Jack... hence role-playing... the term "RPG" in video gaming, as a genre or as a term itself is a little hazier than other genres or terms. I would consider any game in which you take a somewhat preditermined role as a role playing game. In Mass Effect you are Shepard, in Fallout you are the Lone Wanderer, in Bioshock you are Jack. On some level these are all RPGs. They also have shooter elements as their basis, but that doesn't mean they're not RPGs too.

StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 StrawberryHill
Member since 2008 • 5321 Posts

I like all of thoses games. The story of Mass Effect is the best out of these games.

I think I like Oblivion the best, however, simply for the prolific amount of user mods that are available. There isn't much of a storyline to Oblivion, but there is quite a world to explore.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

I've played both, love both, and totally disagree. Bioshock is a wonderful game that explores more specific depths than Mass Effect... but that's because it has a much smaller, totally contained environment. Without that deep exploration of plot and character, in that environment, the game would amount to nothing, at least nothing worthwhile. Also, you play the role of Jack... hence role-playing... the term "RPG" in video gaming, as a genre or as a term itself is a little hazier than other genres or terms. I would consider any game in which you take a somewhat preditermined role as a role playing game. In Mass Effect you are Shepard, in Fallout you are the Lone Wanderer, in Bioshock you are Jack. On some level these are all RPGs. They also have shooter elements as their basis, but that doesn't mean they're not RPGs too.

Aurora-Storm
In Halo you took the role of Master Chief. Is it an RPG?
Mograine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Mograine
Member since 2006 • 3666 Posts

In Halo you took the role of Master Chief. Is it an RPG?kieranb2000

What's the point of such a question?

shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts

Absolutely hated fallout3. ME was ok but I found Oblivion more fun and appealing to me.

nintendog66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 nintendog66
Member since 2006 • 2300 Posts
I hate bethesda games with a passion, such soul-less games with no personality, yuck... Mass Effect on the hand is brilliant, I do agree that it may not be as RPG as Fallout3/TES but it's sure as hell a better game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

[QUOTE="kieranb2000"]In Halo you took the role of Master Chief. Is it an RPG?Mograine

What's the point of such a question?

His point is he's a troll (or an idiot).

True_Sounds
Actually, i was making the valid point that his description of an RPG describes near enough every game ever made.
Homo980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Homo980
Fallout 3 the best!
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19592 Posts

I'd say that Mass Effect was much better than Fallout 3, which was miles ahead of Oblivion...but none are particularly great RPGs.

Delphanius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Delphanius
Member since 2008 • 1176 Posts
All are great but Mass Effect comes out on top!
rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts
Only if ME had mods...
aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts

Farkeman

*Dies*

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

I didn't like Oblivion as much as I thought I would.

The leveling system was all messed up. You had to intentionally "gimp" your character to prevent him from becomming too powerful - because the more powerful you were, the more powerful all the enemies you faced were. Even in the starter areas the enemies scaled up to your level and there was a point where you had to either "gimp" your character to trick the leveling system OR use cheat codes to get past certain areas.

I think there are some leveling mods to fix this, but to have that as a out-of-box feature was pretty dumb.

I also thought most of the Oblivion Gates were boring and repetitive. They all had the same general design, with maybe one or two different wings to a dungeon or something. The enemies all did the same things.

The game looks beautiful and has outstanding voice acting, but it lacked gameplay depth and lot of the wilderness areas were just empty and bland.

djalmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 djalmax
Member since 2007 • 188 Posts

Mass Effect by far! Oblivion and Fallout are great games, but they fail when it comes to suck your attention to the game. Fallout is just an Oblivion with guns, I just can't consider this game a fallout sequel, it don't deserve the title. Oblivion on the other side is the best Elder Scrolls in my opinion, but it couldn't catch my attention as Mass Effect did. Mass Effect is based on the Star Wars KOTOR controls and gameplay, but it isn't just a mere copy, they improved it to a new level, the graphics for the PC is outstanding, set everything high and you'll be playing the best RPG graphics out there, not to mention the great storyline that keeps you wanting more and more. I don't think I'm not being fair, I just have played all these 3 games and seriously, Mass effect is one of those marks in gaming history.

sentenced83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#40 sentenced83
Member since 2005 • 1529 Posts

to me its fallout and oblivion , they both surpassed mass effect , the controls in mass effect wasnt that good !

pilatin1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 pilatin1
Member since 2006 • 107 Posts
I'm Very Impatient About Mass Effect 2 !
_7h0m_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 _7h0m_
Member since 2007 • 873 Posts

to me its fallout and oblivion , they both surpassed mass effect , the controls in mass effect wasnt that good !

sentenced83
are you serious?
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

Mass Effect no question.

Has a compelling story, fantastic production values and great gameplay.

Oblivion is an absolute mish mash of elements, some strong and some horrible, alongside an open world game design that is so concentrated on, but flawed in too many ways....

Fallout 3 has a horrible central story, and carries some faults of Oblivion across.... and loses much of its shine in design next to the two previous Fallout titles, however its central design is much stronger than Oblivions, and the wasteland in general is better designed than the likes of Cyrodill - as are the quests. None the less... it has some glaring faults.

Mass Effect by a huge margin, is a much more cohesive game. Its elements blend together in a much better fashion, with no glaring faults.

Avatar image for deactivated-601cc8c28f97e
deactivated-601cc8c28f97e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-601cc8c28f97e
Member since 2005 • 679 Posts

Mass Effect I enjoyed the whole ride, fallout 3 was just meh bland. I started to enjoy it towards the end of the game then it ended in a sad 9 hours. Mass Effect was an extremely well thought out rpg great game decent story.

strider_ATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 strider_ATI
Member since 2008 • 735 Posts
Mass Effect
Avatar image for broken_bass_bin
broken_bass_bin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 broken_bass_bin
Member since 2009 • 7515 Posts

As of right now, Fallout 3 is my favourite.

I'm playing Mass Effect at the moment. I'm loving it so far but I'm not very far into it. We'll see how it pans out.

delta16x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 delta16x
Member since 2009 • 43 Posts
Mass Effect rocks to the core!! a must play.
delta16x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48 delta16x
Member since 2009 • 43 Posts
me too.......... can't wait for Mass Effect 2 !!
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#49 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

Mass Effect, and I'm running a game so I can build up some more saved games to use in ME2.:)

Meejoe27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Meejoe27
Member since 2009 • 786 Posts

I'm trying to play Mass Effect, and i am literally installing a new sound card this very second just to play it. The game has cost me three hours of fighting bugs, updating drivers, rewriting configuration files and headaches. 10 hours of actually playing.No game has EVER been this F'd straight out of the box and this comes from nearly twenty years of PC gaming...

Hopefully this new sound card allows me to enjoy the game.

But on topic...

1. Fallout 3- Loved it, Fallout 1&2 are in my top five games ever created. Fallout 3 (With all DLC) is the best RPG i've played since Morrowind.

2. Oblivion- Scaling killed it... KILLED IT. F-you Bethesda and your scaling nonsense BS, if you were a person i'd punch you in the face. But still a decent game, it was no morrowind...

3. Mass effect. As i said before, i have never in my life had more problems with a game. Whoever was in charge of sound compatibility gets a big 1.0/10

But thataside its a good game, 7.5/10 easy. 8.5/10 on the planets they actually wrote story for, the other planets seem to be a way to waste your time and use ugly textures... The mako is garbage. The fantastic approach to dialogue and in game cut scenes make me hope they put a little more polish on the second one. There is so much potential, they just fell short with their first attempt