Fallout 3 crashes/freezes !?!???!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vudali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 vudali
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
When i'm in the game especially when using computers or pip-boy 3000 the screen locks up with small squares every where(like a chess board).... i have to restart it every time. sometimes i play 2 min. then it locks up or if im lucky may be 20mins. its got nothing to do with the temperatures, they are fine.

I'm using a core duo2 e6750, sapphire 4870, 4gigs corsair ram and using vista ultimate 32bit...(all latest drivers):evil:
Crystal-Rush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Crystal-Rush
Member since 2005 • 2274 Posts
sounds like heating issues with the graphics card with getting graphical artifacts. But you said you have no temperature issues so i really dont know. Have you tried re installing the game
nucleuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 nucleuz

If u have the ffdshow codecpack installed, then remove it.

Did the trick for me ... runs flawless now :)

vudali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 vudali

i have played games like crysis and far cry 2 with everything max. And had no issues with temperature.

And i didnt even have codecs installed. (i just reformatted my computer and installed drivers and then fallout 3). I still had the same problem.

Thx for the replies...

nyranasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 nyranasaurus
Member since 2005 • 112 Posts
alot of people are having bad crash issues with fallout 3. Again a company releases a game with problems to get it onto shelves quicker another product ruined until teh first massive patch, and this game needs a whopper of a patch to fix alot of sht. Oblivian ALLLLLLL over again. Oblivian only started running really well about 6 months after release. BLA, this stuff should be in the license agreement.
vudali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 vudali

true mate... instead of testing and making the game perfect they choose to get the game out there a.s.a.p.

Quality is not an issue these days... just get the game out and sell asap.. :(

dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dnuggs40
Member since 2003 • 10484 Posts

The only crash I have is when I try and exit the game. First time I exited it dumped to desktop and my visual studio debugger picked up the error. Last night when I exited it kinda just went to a black screen and stuck there.

Sucks...but I guess it's not a terrible crash bug...as I was already exiting the game :P

Neyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Neyon
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Yeah this game seems really rushed. Me and all my friends around where I live cannot install the game. The launcher freezes the pc, autorun does absoloutly nothing and once you finally get it to start installing - it goes and crashes halfway through.
WDT-BlackKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 WDT-BlackKat
Member since 2008 • 1779 Posts

No install troubles. No crashes. Runs flawlessly so far, some 20 hours into the game.

vudali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 vudali
i found the problem... while researching on the net i found somebody with the same problem. He flashed his video bios... did the same thing... works like a charm :D
Moonwish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Moonwish
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
flash video bios? howw to do it?
vudali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 vudali
download bios from your graphic cards official site. get a floppy disk. format it and make it a start up disk. add the files you downloaded from the site. restart computer. boot from floppy drive. when in dos... in my case (sappihre 4870) i had to type flash.bat. Then it was ready from playing :D
promajo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 promajo
Member since 2007 • 174 Posts

Yeah this game seems really rushed. Me and all my friends around where I live cannot install the game. The launcher freezes the pc, autorun does absoloutly nothing and once you finally get it to start installing - it goes and crashes halfway through.Neyon

it takes a while before it starts installing, more than 5 minutes it did, seems frozen but it aint

Rulbster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Rulbster
Member since 2007 • 41 Posts
also removing this Vodei Multimedia Processor helps to stop freezing
Manrico1962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Manrico1962
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
Crashes all the time on my new PC quad core with 6 gb of RAM running Vista 64 bit. Bethesda had advised a bunch of fixes none of which work including running the game on one core. I wouldn't advise anybody to buy the game before they fix the bugs.
Napalm_Nation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Napalm_Nation

I have already posted this in another thread but I thought I would also post it here just in case it was missed. First off, if you are experiencing crashes then reset your game controls to default and also disable all types of auto saving, since I have done this I have not had a single crash. Also this game does not work well with Supersampling enabled on Nvidia cards as it can cause your FPS to drop dramatically and make the game feel sluggish, so make sure that you don't have supersampling enabled in the Nvidia control panel, either disable it or switch it to Multisampling depending on your preference. 

I hope this helps you guys, it stopped my crashing completely and now I'm really enjoying this game on ultra Settings with my GTX 280. 

StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 StrawberryHill
Member since 2008 • 5321 Posts

download bios from your graphic cards official site. get a floppy disk. format it and make it a start up disk. add the files you downloaded from the site. restart computer. boot from floppy drive. when in dos... in my case (sappihre 4870) i had to type flash.bat. Then it was ready from playing :Dvudali

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I'm having this same problem now. I'll have to try some of the suggestions here. Thanks.

celts17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 celts17

Hi all just wanted to share my experience with Fallout 3. I used to have CTDs every 3 mins in the Wasteland since buying the game 2 weeks ago. What solved the problem was 1. the latest patch and 2. update of Intel motherboard BIOS. Between the two, I think it was the motherboard BIOS update that completely eliminated the CTDs. I haven't experienced a single crash since then. Hope this helps.

tcplotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 tcplotts
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

I ran pretty well for about 45 hours with only a handful of sidequest bugged out (although I started bugged on the tutorial! my teacher died by geckos...:)), and then I hit a wall. I can no longer play from any save for more than 5 minutes without a vicious crash (system lock up, plug puller reboot, which is hard on the hardware) and I guess that's the end of the line for my butt. So close to the end, but I can't drive this character anymore.

No reliable fixes that I've seen yet. Bethesda's had a long history of premature releases with massive bugs, but this is the worst since Buggerfall back in the 90s. I'm stunned at how incomplete this game is, especially in the back half of it.

paladinqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 paladinqueen
Member since 2010 • 509 Posts

Fallout 3 ,in fact ,i don't like this game , :( i don't know the reason...:?