Fail...Aion Open Beta

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kingdomkey33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kingdomkey33
Member since 2008 • 282 Posts
Hey All, I have been Playing the Aion open Beta since last night and Man has it been a terrible experience. First off I played the closed beta and didn't have any problems at all and had a lot of fun so I was really excited about the open beta!. Then last night comes around and When I got on for the first 10 minutes it was fine and doing great, then one of the servers stop working and then they all stopped working! So after that I tried and tried and tried! to get on, but I kept getting kicked off the server. Then amazingly I was able to get on! but then....I was so glitched that I couldn't even get into the next area. So I tried all night to get on and play and then finally The game froze on my and froze my whole computer!!! So then I decided I would just say screw this and quit for the night. So I got on this morning and the same stuff again!! and now people are saying they cant even get on at all. NC soft really needs to fix that problem that is what betas are for to fix the problems they have before the game launched am I right or what?
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#2 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

This is a kinda "told you so" to all the people that think because Guild Wars is free, it's an advantage over MMOs, when it is infact not a real MMO.

And yes, AION is lagging a LOT for me too. And I'm having to play on US servers when I'm in the UK.

ajames_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 ajames_123
Member since 2004 • 2983 Posts

Open BETA

If ur getting the same performance at the end of the beta then moan.

Mograine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Mograine
Member since 2006 • 3666 Posts

Open BETA

ajames_123

Latency is not a client-side issue, therefore the fact that it's a beta is completely irrelevant, backed up even more by the fact that it's already a released game in Asia.

ajames_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ajames_123
Member since 2004 • 2983 Posts

This happens in every MMORPG open beta. In the meantime go into low pop server and change zones.

SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 SpaceMoose
Member since 2004 • 10789 Posts

This is a kinda "told you so" to all the people that think because Guild Wars is free, it's an advantage over MMOs, when it is infact not a real MMO.

And yes, AION is lagging a LOT for me too. And I'm having to play on US servers when I'm in the UK.

-Unreal-
So...Guild Wars is also published by NCSoft, but how does that game not having a subscription fee have anything at all to do with this thread?
Kingdomkey33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kingdomkey33
thats what I would like to know XD...I didn't say anything about guild wars
fatzebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 fatzebra
Member since 2005 • 1470 Posts
Way too much lag in this beta i cant get passed lvl 7 cause i cant run anywhere, its so much fail.
carlosjuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 carlosjuero
Member since 2008 • 1254 Posts
NCSoft has acknowledge the latency/network issues and is actively working on them. Saying something is 'fail' because of some issues during a beta test (Even Open Beta - it isn't Launch or Head Start yet) is.. well.. ful of 'fail'.
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts
[QUOTE="Mograine"]

[QUOTE="ajames_123"]

Open BETA

Latency is not a client-side issue, therefore the fact that it's a beta is completely irrelevant, backed up even more by the fact that it's already a released game in Asia.

A beta is designed to test more than the client, so I'm not sure what you mean. The server infrastructure is also tested during beta and stress tests. And that's probably exactly the point of an open beta. The client itself is relatively polished, it's all the other stuff they need to work on.
F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts
[QUOTE="MyopicCanadian"][QUOTE="Mograine"]

[QUOTE="ajames_123"]

Open BETA

A beta is designed to test more than the client, so I'm not sure what you mean. The server infrastructure is also tested during beta and stress tests. And that's probably exactly the point of an open beta. The client itself is relatively polished, it's all the other stuff they need to work on.

His very clear point was that it's already a released game in Asia, so the netcode is already well-tested and probably about as good as it'll get.
SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SpaceMoose
This is basically the story with the open beta (and sometimes the launch) of every MMORPG ever. I can't say I'm surprised.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58509 Posts

Open BETA

ajames_123

open beta = 99.999999% finished

open beta = free publicity

open beta = practically finished product

The game is finished, and whatever problems it is having now will be present in the boxed version

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -Unreal-

[QUOTE="-Unreal-"]

SpaceMoose

So...Guild Wars is also published by NCSoft, but how does that game not having a subscription fee have anything at all to do with this thread?

It proves the point as to why MMO games aren't free. GW is an NCsoft game, like Aion, and this time it's an MMO game, and as you can see, NCsoft needs to fix a lot of latency related issues with the game.

The NCsoft launcher is garbage, really. It is slow as hell and most of the time it just stops responding. The game has major issues with updates too. If the launcher tries to update the game, it comes back telling you that there's a server problem, or another error. Sometimes the game just crashes before it loads to the main menu, giving a Windows error message with random question marks similar to "????????????? ??? ??????"

When you finally do get into the game, it's so laggy at the moment, you can't do much anyway, and often you will just get a message saying you have lost connection to the server, and instead of the game returning back to the main menu, it does the strange thing of closing completely, and opening your web browser to Aion's website. :roll:

The game itself though seems pretty stable, it's more issues with network and interface that they need to overcome because those are issues that prevent you from even testing the game.

ArtemisAnimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ArtemisAnimus
Member since 2009 • 43 Posts

[QUOTE="SpaceMoose"][QUOTE="-Unreal-"]

-Unreal-

It proves the point as to why MMO games aren't free. GW is an NCsoft game, like Aion, and this time it's an MMO game, and as you can see, NCsoft needs to fix a lot of latency related issues with the game.

The NCsoft launcher is garbage, really. It is slow as hell and most of the time it just stops responding. The game has major issues with updates too. If the launcher tries to update the game, it comes back telling you that there's a server problem, or another error. Sometimes the game just crashes before it loads to the main menu, giving a Windows error message with random question marks similar to "????????????? ??? ??????"

When you finally do get into the game, it's so laggy at the moment, you can't do much anyway, and often you will just get a message saying you have lost connection to the server, and instead of the game returning back to the main menu, it does the strange thing of closing completely, and opening your web browser to Aion's website. :roll:

The game itself though seems pretty stable, it's more issues with network and interface that they need to overcome because those are issues that prevent you from even testing the game.

That makes no sense as GW was developed and is run by ANet, not NCsoft. NCsoft just publishes it.

NCsoft also publishes and has developed many other none free to play games so GW has no bearing on Aion at all ;)

SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SpaceMoose

[QUOTE="SpaceMoose"][QUOTE="-Unreal-"]

-Unreal-

Aion is going to have a subscription fee, so again, I fail to see the relevance of Guild Wars being "free." I have said many times myself that Guild Wars is not really a MMORPG (though the second one is going to be, in theory at least), but I fail to see how that is relevant to this discussion when Aion will have a fee. You just sort of brought up Guild Wars for no particular reason whatsoever other than that it's another game published by NCSoft. They also publish Lineage, so it's not like they haven't put out other games with a subscription fee. Lineage probably has made more money for them than Guild Wars also, albeit not in Western markets.

I played WoW right after launch and the servers were down a lot of the time.

If I'm kind of all over the place here, it's because I really don't understand what angle you are coming from with regards to bringing up Guild Wars. This is kind of a "told you so" with regards to Guild Wars because it's a game with a subscription fee that has problems like almost every other MMORPG does early on...and furthermore when it's still in beta? I do not follow that at all.

Hekynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Hekynn
Member since 2003 • 2164 Posts

Dude its a freaking beta!!!! Of course their will be bugs and lag in a beta stop ****

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts

F1_2004

His very clear point was that it's already a released game in Asia, so the netcode is already well-tested and probably about as good as it'll get.

Are you saying that all the asians are probably having the same issues and have been unable to play all this time?

Come on, get real.

Its an open-beta and they are probably, nope, they are definitely stress-testing the servers beyond their limit. Most of the open betas that I've been through are like that.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -Unreal-

[QUOTE="-Unreal-"]

[QUOTE="SpaceMoose"] So...Guild Wars is also published by NCSoft, but how does that game not having a subscription fee have anything at all to do with this thread?SpaceMoose

Aion is going to have a subscription fee, so again, I fail to see the relevance of Guild Wars being "free." I have said many times myself that Guild Wars is not really a MMORPG (though the second one is going to be, in theory at least), but I fail to see how that is relevant to this discussion when Aion will have a fee. You just sort of brought up Guild Wars for no particular reason whatsoever other than that it's another game published by NCSoft. They also publish Lineage, so it's not like they haven't put out other games with a subscription fee. Lineage probably has made more money for them than Guild Wars also, albeit not in Western markets.

I played WoW right after launch and the servers were down a lot of the time.

If I'm kind of all over the place here, it's because I really don't understand what angle you are coming from with regards to bringing up Guild Wars. This is kind of a "told you so" with regards to Guild Wars because it's a game with a subscription fee that has problems like almost every other MMORPG does early on...and furthermore when it's still in beta? I do not follow that at all.

The point is that Aion is an MMO, and MMOs need subscriptions fees to survive the server loads. This is why Guild Wars has no fee, and it not an MMO. Simple as that. It's not anything complicated really, so I don't understand why you're all over the place. Guild Wars is referred to as an MMO game without the monthly fees, that's why I brought it up, because of what's happening with Aion and it's server loads. As for WoW, it was nowhere near as laggy as what Aion is right now. Not even close to it. Being in a Beta stage as you pointed out doesn't make a difference when there's this many issues with the network. The network is a basis for the game. It's one of the foundations and lower levels of the structure of how the game is going to work. If you don't have a stable network in place, your beta testers won't be able to properly test the game engine. Beta testing is clearly about testing, but network related issues that are as bad as they are right now should be sorted at an earlier stage in the game's testing to avoid crippling the later stages of testing various other parts of the game such as the engine, the interface and so on.

SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SpaceMoose

The point is that Aion is an MMO, and MMOs need subscriptions fees to survive the server loads. This is why Guild Wars has no fee, and it not an MMO. Simple as that. It's not anything complicated really, so I don't understand why you're all over the place. Guild Wars is referred to as an MMO game without the monthly fees, that's why I brought it up, because of what's happening with Aion and it's server loads. As for WoW, it was nowhere near as laggy as what Aion is right now. Not even close to it. Being in a Beta stage as you pointed out doesn't make a difference when there's this many issues with the network. The network is a basis for the game. It's one of the foundations and lower levels of the structure of how the game is going to work. If you don't have a stable network in place, your beta testers won't be able to properly test the game engine. Beta testing is clearly about testing, but network related issues that are as bad as they are right now should be sorted at an earlier stage in the game's testing to avoid crippling the later stages of testing various other parts of the game such as the engine, the interface and so on.

-Unreal-

Exactly what part of the fact that Aion has a subscription fee aren't you comprehending? (Obviously the beta doesn't.)

Basically you're saying that something that doesn't even apply to Aion is the reason it's messed up. Either that or you're saying that a game can still be plenty messed up even when it is designed with a subscription fee in mind. Either way, it's pretty irrelevant.

As a bit of an aside, if you think that the overwhelming majority of the revenue from subscription fees for successful MMORPGs is not profit, then I think you need to stop listening to PR people so much.

ArtemisAnimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ArtemisAnimus

-Unreal-

Aion will have a subscription fee. It is Aion the OP was talking about not GW. So why bring GW into it? They're developed and run by two different companies.

If you're saying GW is fail because it has no subscription fee then that's a whole different subject and you should start a new thread about it :) As Aion is NOT developed by ANet - as GW is - you cannot blame ANet/GW and their desire not to charge a subsription fee for a totally different game's apparent lag problems.

You're making no sense.

NCsoft has MANY subscription based MMOs so your argument does not work. At all.

Sounds like just an excuse to diss a game that doesn't have a subscription fee. Again, you might want to start a different thread for that and call it something like "GW R Fail" ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#22 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
i honestly wouldn't try to play yet. any anticipated mmo beta is going to be useless the first few days. come back to it in a week or two and it will probably be much better.
hoadsw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hoadsw
Member since 2008 • 56 Posts

Well, I leveled up to lvl 11 last night, there was some lag, but that is to be expected, It is still in Beta after all. Durring my lvling I had an epiphany...this is a great MMO. I feel bad that some of you couldn't come away with as great of an experience as I did opening day. I will be playing this game for a long time. The graphics are outstanding, the gameplay is immersive, and teh combo combat system feels alot more epic then anything I have played before.

ArtemisAnimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ArtemisAnimus

Well, I leveled up to lvl 11 last night, there was some lag, but that is to be expected, It is still in Beta after all. Durring my lvling I had an epiphany...this is a great MMO. I feel bad that some of you couldn't come away with as great of an experience as I did opening day. I will be playing this game for a long time. The graphics are outstanding, the gameplay is immersive, and teh combo combat system feels alot more epic then anything I have played before.

hoadsw

Sounds like it could be an enjoyable game then :) Thanks for letting us know something positive.

I'll be waiting to see if there's a trail before going out and buying it I think, but good and bad reviews are welcomed :p

Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#25 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts

[QUOTE="hoadsw"]

ArtemisAnimus

Sounds like it could be an enjoyable game then :) Thanks for letting us know something positive.

I'll be waiting to see if there's a trail before going out and buying it I think, but good and bad reviews are welcomed :p

I would like a free trial too. I don't like to see MMO companies selling off just hype. Mainly because you have to purchase the game then pay a monthly fee before you even touch the content. If they made a good game, they should be able to make more sales with a trial.
lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#26 lettuceman44
Member since 2005 • 7971 Posts

-Unreal-
What? What does this have anything to do with anything?
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MyopicCanadian

F1_2004

I didn't say netcode... it's not like they can copy and paste a server farm from Asia :)

Kingdomkey33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Kingdomkey33
I never said the game was horrable I said I had a lot of fun with the closed beta and thought the game was awsome! I still think the game is awsome I just think the beta is a fail right now lol, that is all I am dissapointed about. I was really looking forward to it and I didn't know the beta was going to be this bad that is all.
tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tony2077ca
Member since 2005 • 5242 Posts

maybe the servers were overloaded

hoadsw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hoadsw
Member since 2008 • 56 Posts

Well I would assume they are overloaded, I don't know the exact figure but i would imagine a couple hundred thousand people trying to log in at once would cause some server issues.

promajo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 promajo
Member since 2007 • 174 Posts

this is not your average beta as it already runs for months in asia and they should have foreseen these problems anyways being it hyped so much

I hope by the time it goes live they have x times as much servers as they have now or they wont hold

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 -Unreal-

[QUOTE="-Unreal-"]

ArtemisAnimus

Aion will have a subscription fee. It is Aion the OP was talking about not GW. So why bring GW into it? They're developed and run by two different companies.

If you're saying GW is fail because it has no subscription fee then that's a whole different subject and you should start a new thread about it :) As Aion is NOT developed by ANet - as GW is - you cannot blame ANet/GW and their desire not to charge a subsription fee for a totally different game's apparent lag problems.

You're making no sense.

NCsoft has MANY subscription based MMOs so your argument does not work. At all.

Sounds like just an excuse to diss a game that doesn't have a subscription fee. Again, you might want to start a different thread for that and call it something like "GW R Fail" ;)

Yeah, seems you're not getting what I said at all. It was really simple and I don't know how I can break it down any further.
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 -Unreal-
[QUOTE="-Unreal-"]

lettuceman44

Don't worry, I wasn't taking a shot at Guild Wars. No need to get up out your seat and roll your sleeves up :roll:.
TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts
[QUOTE="ajames_123"]

Open BETA

Totally offtopic but OH MY GOD they are making a third Ico game????? Now I need a PS3, damn....
lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#35 lettuceman44
Member since 2005 • 7971 Posts
[QUOTE="lettuceman44"][QUOTE="-Unreal-"]

-Unreal-

Don't worry, I wasn't taking a shot at Guild Wars. No need to get up out your seat and roll your sleeves up :roll:.

Ok? That has nothing to do with my question........your post had nothing to do with anything, it was totally random. That is all.....
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
not unusual at all. WOW's first month was pretty much unplayable on most servers. open beta means a ton of noobs coming to play that won't buy the game so the servers will be pounded. it'll get better though.
SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SpaceMoose
[QUOTE="-Unreal-"] Yeah, seems you're not getting what I said at all. It was really simple and I don't know how I can break it down any further.

I don't think anybody is. This is your original statement: [QUOTE="-Unreal-"] This is a kinda "told you so" to all the people that think because Guild Wars is free, it's an advantage over MMOs, when it is infact not a real MMO.

Aion has a subscription fee, so I don't see how this is a "told you so." "Told you so" about what? How does it say anything about a game with no subscription fee when it has a subscription fee? It's like you just pulled that out of thin air for no reason other than that it's another game from the same publisher (and is involved in some weird and kind of pointless cross promotion with it.)
SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SpaceMoose
not unusual at all. WOW's first month was pretty much unplayable on most servers. open beta means a ton of noobs coming to play that won't buy the game so the servers will be pounded. it'll get better though.Ontain
I guess that wasn't my memory playing tricks on me after all. Either that or both of ours are. :P
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MyopicCanadian

Anyway.. I've been playing without trouble for the last hour or so. If you haven't tried again today, seems like most of the issues have been cleared up..

gamerguy845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 gamerguy845
Member since 2007 • 2074 Posts
[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

[QUOTE="ajames_123"]

Open BETA

The game is finished, and whatever problems it is having now will be present in the boxed version

I don't play MMOs, but you understand all those sentences condradict themselves. Beta means it's almost a finished product, it's for wait for it..... getting annoying bugs and exploits out.
Mograine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Mograine

I don't play MMOs, but you understand all those sentences condradict themselves. Beta means it's almost a finished product, it's for wait for it..... getting annoying bugs and exploits out.gamerguy845

The game is already released in Asia, and will be released on September 25th in Europe and I guess about the same time in North America.

Such performance issues should have been sorted out during the early stages of beta testing, not two weeks before the game is released worldwide.

The only reason I can think of to justify heavy lag is that they're still setting up dedicated servers in North America, rather than using their own in Korea, but it's still strange at this point.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 -Unreal-
[QUOTE="Ontain"]not unusual at all. WOW's first month was pretty much unplayable on most servers. open beta means a ton of noobs coming to play that won't buy the game so the servers will be pounded. it'll get better though.SpaceMoose
I guess that wasn't my memory playing tricks on me after all. Either that or both of ours are. :P

Or maybe you were both on the same server. I played WoW since the beginning and unplayable is a major exaggeration.
nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

[QUOTE="ajames_123"]

Open BETA

Um, no. For MMOs the open beta is the first real stress test. Trying how many people fit on the servers etc. Of course there will be performance issues then. It was the same with WoW and every other MMO open beta I ever tried.
Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Velocitas8
Member since 2006 • 10748 Posts

The game itself though seems pretty stable, it's more issues with network and interface that they need to overcome because those are issues that prevent you from even testing the game.-Unreal-

Thing is, it isn't the game itself that needs testing..it's already feature-complete (1.5 has been running in Korea for a while now.)

The server hardware is what needs testing. Which is exactly what they're doing; stress testing the server hardware.

It's only the second day, and it seems the adjustments they made earlier cleared up the latency issues for a ton of people, including myself (though they aren't completely gone from what I've been reading.)

Also, doesn't anyone else remember the World of Warcraft Open Beta? :lol: ..there's a reason they put that "beta" there.

Mograine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Mograine

Thing is, it isn't the game itself that needs testing..it's already feature-complete (1.5 has been running in Korea for a while now.)

The server hardware is what needs testing. Which is exactly what they're doing; stress testing the server hardware.

It's only the second day, and it seems the adjustments they made earlier cleared up the latency issues for a ton of people, including myself (though they aren't completely gone from what I've been reading.)

Also, doesn't anyone else remember the World of Warcraft Open Beta? :lol: ..there's a reason they put that "beta" there.

Velocitas8

WoW was Blizzard's first MMO, you can't compare the experience NCSoft has with MMORPGs with Blizzard's. A fair comparison would have been WoW with Lineage.

Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Velocitas8
Member since 2006 • 10748 Posts

WoW was Blizzard's first MMO, you can't compare the experience NCSoft has with MMORPGs with Blizzard's. A fair comparison would have been WoW with Lineage.Mograine

True. Just making the point that it isn't the final product; people need to calm down a little bit (the in-game chat post-restart on Israphel was ridiculous yesterday.)

NCSoft can't really afford to not have these issues fixed by launch.

marcellis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 marcellis
Member since 2005 • 38 Posts

failon

trijity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48 trijity
Member since 2008 • 813 Posts

Not reading through 2-ish pages so, as Velocitas said, the servers did go down for about an hour today, and when they came back, everything was just peachey. The lag for me was gone as well as just about everyone else as far as region chat went, seems everything is fixed up. For the issue it was they fixed it up pretty fast imo.

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts

Not reading through 2-ish pages so, as Velocitas said, the servers did go down for about an hour today, and when they came back, everything was just peachey. The lag for me was gone as well as just about everyone else as far as region chat went, seems everything is fixed up. For the issue it was they fixed it up pretty fast imo.

trijity
What this guy said. So there you go, for all those too quick to condemn the game. Welcome to BETA.
zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 zomglolcats
Member since 2008 • 4335 Posts

[QUOTE="ajames_123"]

Open BETA

mrbojangles25

mrbojangles is 100% correct. I don't think I've played a single MMO Open Beta that wasn't pretty much exactly what you get upon release. Fortunately, it sounds like this is just mainly stability issues server side which shouldn't be that hard to overcome. Not a completely broken game, or missing content.