Everquest 2 or rift?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wigan_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 wigan_gamer
Member since 2008 • 3293 Posts

So I will be getting my last few months off (at least thats what I hope) starting after next week and will have a lot of time to kill.

I have been into MMO's for a long time but haven't played any (except 1 week on crappy aion) for quite a few years. Everyquest 2 seems to have lots of content but I am unsure on the community now as its quite old. Rift on the otherhand is new but has much less content.

Any opinions?

l3ol3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 l3ol3
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
get rift
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

Rift, by far. It's an excellent MMO.

wigan_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wigan_gamer

neither ....

I love people use the term "time to kill". Why not enjoy the time ? If you don't want to enjoy it and be zombie in front of one of these games then yes play but there is something better to do with time than just killing it.

DeViLzzz
Its not killing time for me... its taking an opportunity I may never get again to play an MMO the way they need to be played to get the most out of it. Meh sure its being a zombie but thats fine with me.
Atomicol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Atomicol
Member since 2008 • 110 Posts

RIFT! FTW FTW

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#7 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

Rift, been playing since release and still thoroughly enjoying it.

Hekynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Hekynn
Member since 2003 • 2164 Posts
Just wait for The Old Republic mmo to come out.
wigan_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wigan_gamer
Just wait for The Old Republic mmo to come out. Hekynn
Nah dont fancy it, I hate star wars.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

neither ....

I love people use the term "time to kill". Why not enjoy the time ? If you don't want to enjoy it and be zombie in front of one of these games then yes play but there is something better to do with time than just killing it.

DeViLzzz
Mate, just cause you hate MMOs doesn't mean everyone else does and you need to post that they are a disease in every single thread...
BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

[QUOTE="Hekynn"]Just wait for The Old Republic mmo to come out. wigan_gamer

You should be burned! :twisted:

On a serious note, i can't wait until the Old Republic comes out. Does anyone know if they'll feature an offline campaign mode? Cbf searching the web for it :|

Swedish_Chef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Swedish_Chef
Member since 2003 • 623 Posts
Rift is already going to have to start thinking about consolidating some of their servers, the population is a joke and considering the population is what dictates zone events they can't get by with just a small amount of people.
Swedish_Chef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Swedish_Chef
Member since 2003 • 623 Posts

[QUOTE="wigan_gamer"][QUOTE="Hekynn"]Just wait for The Old Republic mmo to come out. BattleSpectre

On a serious note, i can't wait until the Old Republic comes out. Does anyone know if they'll feature an offline campaign mode? Cbf searching the web for it :|

It's a MMO, so no, the only story will be what you pay for and play online.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="wigan_gamer"][QUOTE="Hekynn"]Just wait for The Old Republic mmo to come out. BattleSpectre

No way Jose.... Do you want offline as in a "FREE" mode?
BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BattleSpectre

[QUOTE="BattleSpectre"]

[QUOTE="wigan_gamer"] Nah dont fancy it, I hate star wars.FelipeInside

Jose..this..not..my..name...who..speak...of...this? :x

And yes, i hate having to pay to play a game. If you fork out money for a game you should have all features given to you instantly.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="BattleSpectre"] You should be burned! :twisted:

BattleSpectre

And yes, i hate having to pay to play a game. If you fork out money for a game you should have all features given to you instantly.

"No way Jose" is actually a saying.... google it As for hate paying to play. When you get a game, yes, you instantly get all the features. MMOs are different because it's like neverending DLC for it... that's what you pay for... neverending added content.
BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BattleSpectre

[QUOTE="BattleSpectre"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] No way Jose.... Do you want offline as in a "FREE" mode?FelipeInside

"No way Jose" is actually a saying.... google it

As for hate paying to play. When you get a game, yes, you instantly get all the features. MMOs are different because it's like neverending DLC for it... that's what you pay for... neverending added content.

Wow, i was joking dude :|

And yes i guess you do have a point. Either way i hope this game gets what it deserves. I'll definitely support it if they do it right ;)

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="BattleSpectre"] Jose..this..not..my..name...who..speak...of...this? :x

BattleSpectre

"No way Jose" is actually a saying.... google it

As for hate paying to play. When you get a game, yes, you instantly get all the features. MMOs are different because it's like neverending DLC for it... that's what you pay for... neverending added content.

And yes i guess you do have a point. Either way i hope this game gets what it deserves. I'll definitely support it if they do it right ;)

yeah sorry, I couldn't tell from text if you were joking or serious.... some people don't know that saying lol....
BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BattleSpectre

[QUOTE="BattleSpectre"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] "No way Jose" is actually a saying.... google it

As for hate paying to play. When you get a game, yes, you instantly get all the features. MMOs are different because it's like neverending DLC for it... that's what you pay for... neverending added content.FelipeInside

yeah sorry, I couldn't tell from text if you were joking or serious.... some people don't know that saying lol....

haha :P it's cool bro, maybe i should have made it a little more clear.

Spellingiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Spellingiscool
Member since 2010 • 1450 Posts
Rift is already going to have to start thinking about consolidating some of their servers, the population is a joke and considering the population is what dictates zone events they can't get by with just a small amount of people. Swedish_Chef
It's been out a month. Building a population takes time.
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Rift, aside from making waaaaaay too many servers, is still doing quite well.

EverQuest 2 is great, but the community isn't what it used to be, and PvP is imbalanced out the a**.

Rift is mostly balanced, has a strong playerbase, and the content seems like it's never-ending. Plus the class(soul) system rocks.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Try Eve unless you like playing the same old generic carebear MMO's. Shadowhawk000

Lol, EVE isn't all that. Any game that requires you invest days of your life just to training isn't something that's going to be wildly successful or fun for but a select crowd.

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Birdy09
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts
Try Eve unless you like playing the same old generic carebear MMO's. Shadowhawk000
Yes because having to wait weeks and months without any input from yourself to progress is fun. because clicking through empty space and participating in battles once a week if that is so great. EVE... its principle idea is amazing, but a point click space mmo is absolutly a bore fest.
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

I wouldn't touch Evercrack2 with a 10 foot pole, again.... that is. Horrible game. ('least it was 'round release, imo).

Rift is sorta, imo, a waste of time, it's still gonna die under the foot of WoW.

Wow sucks 'cause it's a game I played for 6 years, and I now despise the combat system (which is also in eq/rift), I suppose it could be fun for a new person.

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#26 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

[QUOTE="Shadowhawk000"]Try Eve unless you like playing the same old generic carebear MMO's. airshocker

Lol, EVE isn't all that. Any game that requires you invest days of your life just to training isn't something that's going to be wildly successful or fun for but a select crowd.

Eve is one of the few MMO's where you don't need to actively train your skills. You select a skill and it trains over time, regardless whether you are playing or not.
SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SkyWard20
Member since 2009 • 4509 Posts

they won't.
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

Weeks and Months? what were you training for a carrier? You can PvP well in a Rifter which takes a few days if that to fly. And the PvP is actually good compared to something like WoW where you don't lose anything when you die and you are unable to grief or scam.Shadowhawk000
I watched a video of eve pvp, it looked about as interesting as a zergling trying to kill an ultralisk.. wait, that's cute.. lemee think of something lame, an overlord trying to kill a cattlebruiser.

Whole game takes place on a timescale that's too great for me to appreciate, as well as having boring feeling mechanics.

Losing loot in pvp would just be annoying and require more grinding to get back, I'm glad it's not implemented, just a grind mechanic.

I don't like that you can't scam people in wow, don't see the problem with taking advantage of stupid people. Griefing is sorta iffy, I don't like it when people follow me around all day, or seriously attempt to ruin the experience in some way, such as holding an instance hostage forcing you to get a 30min or is it 15.. debuff to not be able to go in... while voting is on cd >.>.

Space, tbh is a pretty boring place for an mmo, if they cheesed it up with Star Wars-esque flight mechanics it would be a lot more fun imo. And fun is king, not realism.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
Rift, I'm having a blast playing the game and I will continue to do so for some time.
Enid_Green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Enid_Green
Member since 2010 • 1261 Posts

I'm really enjoying Rift. It's true they opened too many servers, but that doesn't mean all the servers are empty. There are quite a few highly populated ones.

rzepak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 rzepak
Member since 2005 • 5758 Posts

Rift, mainly becouse EQ2s engine is such utter crap even now 6 years after release.

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Birdy09
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts
[QUOTE="Birdy09"][QUOTE="Shadowhawk000"]Try Eve unless you like playing the same old generic carebear MMO's. Shadowhawk000
Yes because having to wait weeks and months without any input from yourself to progress is fun. because clicking through empty space and participating in battles once a week if that is so great. EVE... its principle idea is amazing, but a point click space mmo is absolutly a bore fest.

Weeks and Months? what were you training for a carrier? You can PvP well in a Rifter which takes a few days if that to fly. And the PvP is actually good compared to something like WoW where you don't lose anything when you die and you are unable to grief or scam.

Clikc ships and watching them die is not fun, even if you do have an effect on thier career. I like the whole grief/scam/criminal aspect of PvP in MMOs, but eve is nothing but a skilless spreadsheet snorefest. Bring along a high production value version of Darkfall then claim to be better than casualcraft ect, until then, dont try to make out that borefest is better then them or hardcore... its hardcore for the most boring reasons in existance.
gamer82912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 gamer82912
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

So I will be getting my last few months off (at least thats what I hope) starting after next week and will have a lot of time to kill.

I have been into MMO's for a long time but haven't played any (except 1 week on crappy aion) for quite a few years. Everyquest 2 seems to have lots of content but I am unsure on the community now as its quite old. Rift on the otherhand is new but has much less content.

Any opinions?

wigan_gamer
Everquest 2. Why?: Ok so Rift is new. So what. Rift is very dark, no lore , no point to the game at all, the community in Rift has no one and you will find yourself having a Blast leveling up, housing,guild halls,soemote,dungeons,etc in Everquest 2. Everquest Nest is coming out soon too btw!
HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

[QUOTE="wigan_gamer"]

Any opinions?

gamer82912

Everquest 2. Why?: Ok so Rift is new. So what. Rift is very dark, no lore , no point to the game at all, the community in Rift has no one and you will find yourself having a Blast leveling up, housing,guild halls,soemote,dungeons,etc in Everquest 2. Everquest Nest is coming out soon too btw!

Everything in red is wrong.

flashback01231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 flashback01231
Member since 2003 • 255 Posts

this wasnt mentioned but why not play the original everquest on a project 99 server. You can run the Luclin graphics there is always about 700 people on and you cant two box so that is a genuine 700 people, ive seen as high as 1000, im sure the pop will dip over the summer but its still good fun and its free. Also, unlike todays MMO's its hard, Velious is to be released soon as well.

www.project1999.org

quebec946

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 quebec946
Member since 2007 • 1607 Posts

god dam it spambots another necrothread.