errr wtf @ COD4??? *spoiler*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jayjayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jayjayman
Member since 2007 • 180 Posts

So yea i played through the game and it was pretty cool with all the playable cutscene things where u have to pull sum1 from a helicopter or when ur down and ur captain comes and pulls u up. All in all it was a pretty fun and interesting game, way different to any other fps ive played. But wth is with the damn ending? The main guy standing there with 2 guards. ur friend throws u a pistol, u shoot em all down and game finishes......it was massively unepic. Feels like the designers spent alot of time and energy perfecting the game but gave a huge glass of bugger all to the ending.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#2 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
I liked the ending.. i thought the single player campaign was amazing (although not that much replay value).. the main gripe i have is that the game is VERY short. While being VERY short, it is awesome the entire way through. If they had another "Act" then it would have been better.. and the hype about the AC130 mission.. it was just soo short. The mission was a lot of fun, i wish it went for longer, or at least maybe another mission with it. Other than that i really enjoyed the single player. But to get your money's worth, check out online.
iamfudge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 iamfudge
Member since 2007 • 193 Posts
i like the ending
Fanible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Fanible
Member since 2003 • 761 Posts
I thought the bonus ending was great.
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
I thought it was great
screamingdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 screamingdoom
Member since 2007 • 884 Posts
It was of the most emotional and touching endings i've played in a game, especially for a fps. Contrast it with the ending of COD2 where all that happens is you secure a town and the general says maybe you'll get a medal or a raise in rank for your efforts. Very boring ending compared to COD4.
--Ryu--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 --Ryu--
Member since 2008 • 232 Posts
What? The ending scene was exactly opposite of what you say. It was so emotionally touching and dramatic that I had to play through it again. All you can think is that the end is coming for you when you see him shooting all the other troops point blank and this had me on edge.
Cdscottie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Cdscottie
Member since 2004 • 1872 Posts
I don't know. I enjoyed the game but the ending didn't do it for me as well. Yes, it felt sad watching your team mates die but I agree the whole killing the enemy felt shallow. Don't know why but it did. Plus, the games story played out like an action movie....That isn't a good thing as they are using the cookie cutter format where the ending the main character will be hurt but will always have that pistol tossed to him to finish the objective. I mean heck, I was waiting for Soap to say "Yipe-Ki-Aye Mother ******"
Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts
What about the entire part where you're shooting at jeeps and a helo that lead up to that point. It can't stay intense forever.
Cdscottie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Cdscottie

What about the entire part where you're shooting at jeeps and a helo that lead up to that point. It can't stay intense forever.Swiftstrike5

It's fun and not at the same time. Rail shooters are fine for certain points of the game but all I found myself doing was shooting the enemy, more heads popping up, shooting again, repeat, and rinse. It was more annoying then fun. Now if we were driving while being chased by the hind and all of the sudden you drive past a building just to have a tank bust through the wall and start firing at you then it would be more intense.

--Ryu--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 --Ryu--

[QUOTE="Swiftstrike5"]What about the entire part where you're shooting at jeeps and a helo that lead up to that point. It can't stay intense forever.Cdscottie

It's fun and not at the same time. Rail shooters are fine for certain points of the game but all I found myself doing was shooting the enemy, more heads popping up, shooting again, repeat, and rinse. It was more annoying then fun. Now if we were driving while being chased by the hind and all of the sudden you drive past a building just to have a tank bust through the wall and start firing at you then it would be more intense.

But all you are doing is driving? In an FPS I'd rather SHOOT than drive but that is just me.
Cdscottie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Cdscottie
[QUOTE="Cdscottie"]

[QUOTE="Swiftstrike5"]What about the entire part where you're shooting at jeeps and a helo that lead up to that point. It can't stay intense forever.--Ryu--

But all you are doing is driving? In an FPS I'd rather SHOOT than drive but that is just me.

Sorry, accidently misworded that. I meant the vehicle moving and you still gunning but instead of x amount of trucks with x amount of guys following you at certain intervals on the road, they could have spiced it up with a tank, etc.

--Ryu--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 --Ryu--
[QUOTE="--Ryu--"][QUOTE="Cdscottie"]

[QUOTE="Swiftstrike5"]What about the entire part where you're shooting at jeeps and a helo that lead up to that point. It can't stay intense forever.Cdscottie

Sorry, accidently misworded that. I meant the vehicle moving and you still gunning but instead of x amount of trucks with x amount of guys following you at certain intervals on the road, they could have spiced it up with a tank, etc.

Yeah, spice is nice. The game isn't perfect but it is damn good. The mission where you are in the gunship is absolutely the best thing I've played in an FPS. It is so realistic it is actually kind of creepy. You also feel so damn powerful as if you were squishing ants with your thumb.
SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts

I've spent a few hundred hours on CoD4 and never once fired up Singleplayer.

The entire game would bore me, I hate singleplayer. There's no thrill shooting at AI.

Cdscottie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Cdscottie

The entire game would bore me, I hate singleplayer. There's no thrill shooting at AI.

SKaREO

That is the thing. There are some people out there that despise multiplayer *Cough* Me *Cough* as they find it full of people who would rather just talk smack, use extremely cheap tactics to win, and just annoy any newcomers to the community. I do though play BF2142 from time to time but then again the community is actually quite good.

As for singleplayer, most people who do play it want a very enticing story, great gameplay, and good AI. In this game, I found the story to be a bit cookie cutter, the gameplay was fun except for some issues with never ending AI rushes, and the AI no matter how good they seemed to be just annoyed me more then anything. It seemed no matter how little of my body I stuck out, or hiding in a smoke cloud, etc they knew where I was and was just waiting to put a couple of hundred bullets into my body.

Edit: I also play TF2 online but it's TF2 and the great PC Overlords have made it law that everyone must play TF2.

jimhogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jimhogg
Member since 2004 • 747 Posts

So yea i played through the game and it was pretty cool with all the playable cutscene things where u have to pull sum1 from a helicopter or when ur down and ur captain comes and pulls u up. All in all it was a pretty fun and interesting game, way different to any other fps ive played. But wth is with the damn ending? The main guy standing there with 2 guards. ur friend throws u a pistol, u shoot em all down and game finishes......it was massively unepic. Feels like the designers spent alot of time and energy perfecting the game but gave a huge glass of bugger all to the ending.

jayjayman

that was one of the most epic endings ever...

dipper145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 dipper145
Member since 2007 • 1425 Posts

SKaREO
Normally I am the same, but some of the single player was very unique and fun. It was pretty emotional and breathtaking too.
ElArab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ElArab
Member since 2007 • 5754 Posts

Un-epic? Are you kidding, it's like you're just about to get away, and then BOOM, the hind knocks you out, then you're best friends are taken out trying to save your ass even though you're totally hopeless, but then as it seems like it's gonna be all over, you've got one more chance to take out the bastard who's respobsible for it all by popping him with a .45 right in-between the eyes, with your "last stand".

-and you're name bieng "Soap MacTavish" was the icing on the cake.

Adversary16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20 Adversary16
Member since 2007 • 1705 Posts
From start to finish, this game was awesome!
Virrip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Virrip
Member since 2007 • 63 Posts

jayjayman

wtf... this ending was possibly one of the best endings ive seen in a game. not to mention the single player was incredible but too short. I think we all know that by now.