E3 doesn't talk about PC anymore.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

Every presenter is now hanging about with a gamepad promoting MS or Sony.

In the background, I smile, knowing I'll be playing most of these games at resolutions they don't even know exist with far superior visuals.

Seriously it's so banal for them to imply consoles are the only gaming systems. We are the outcasts of the gaming world. We must fight this injustice. I don't know how though, maybe throw rotten tomatoes at them or something?

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#2  Edited By vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

All those pc gaming is dying threads........yep. Right under our noses. Oh we will still have games to play on the pc, but pc exclusives are few and far between, mostly indie stuff. PC gaming as we have always known it is tough to find. Sadly all the big budget games are made for the console kids these says, we are a mere afterthought. Still excited about some of this E3 stuff, but in the back of my mind I have a feeling I will be disappointed.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By blueinheaven

@vfibsux said:

All those pc gaming is dying threads........yep. Right under our noses. Oh we will still have games to play on the pc, but pc exclusives are few and far between, mostly indie stuff. PC gaming as we have always known it is tough to find. Sadly all the big budget games are made for the console kids these says, we are a mere afterthought. Still excited about some of this E3 stuff, but in the back of my mind I have a feeling I will be disappointed.

i don't know about that. I'm currently playing Age of Wonders 3, the Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II, Shadowrun Dragonfall all fantastic games you'll never see on console. The good news is most of the big games on both consoles are multiplat and will play and look better on PC.

If anything, consoles are the ones suffering for exclusives. I started a thread about it recently, I was put off buying a PS4 because it has nothing particularly special I can't play on PC.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By vfibsux

@blueinheaven said:

@vfibsux said:

i don't know about that. I'm currently playing Age of Wonders 3, the Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II, Shadowrun Dragonfall all fantastic games you'll never see on console. The good news is most of the big games on both consoles are multiplat and will play and look better on PC.

If anything, consoles are the ones suffering for exclusives. I started a thread about it recently, I was put off buying a PS4 because it has nothing particularly special I can't play on PC.

I disagree 100%. And I said big budget games....blockbusters like The Division and Witcher 3. The type of games you mentioned we will always have, but while you may enjoy them none of them are going to be featured in E3 headlines any time soon. As for your other statement....no. Have you seen the comparisons of new games between PC and the next gen consoles? You cannot tell what screens are to which system. And play better on the pc? What game plays better? If anything you need a console gamepad just to play most of them the way they were meant to be played these days.

Consoles don't need exclusives when everything is made for them first and the PC second.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By blueinheaven

@vfibsux said:

@blueinheaven said:

@vfibsux said:

I disagree 100%. And I said big budget games....blockbusters like The Division and Witcher 3. The type of games you mentioned we will always have, but while you may enjoy them none of them are going to be featured in E3 headlines any time soon. As for your other statement....no. Have you seen the comparisons of new games between PC and the next gen consoles? You cannot tell what screens are to which system. And play better on the pc? What game plays better? If anything you need a console gamepad just to play most of them the way they were meant to be played these days.

Consoles don't need exclusives when everything is made for them first and the PC second.

Witcher 3 is coming to PC and that will be the definitive version as was the case with the first two. As to what plays better on PC look at the graphics and performance options on PS4 and X1 oh wait.. there aren't any. What you see is what you get from now till the end of time.

I have a wireless 360 controller which works perfectly well with my PC on every game that supports gamepad. I am personally waiting on Witcher 3 and Dragon's Age inquisitiion and no way will I play the inferior console versions. Plug your PC into a big HDTV and you have a PS5 or an XBOX Two.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vfibsux

I agree to disagree with you.....100%.

I will say that it is ironic you started this thread, I based my thoughts off the premise of YOUR post lol. Debate yourself.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 blueinheaven

But your thoughts appear to be based on whether or not PC gets blockbuster titles (your words) just about every AAA game comes to PC. The ones that remain exclusive to consoles (Last of Us, Halo etc) are rare in the life cycle of consoles.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17814 Posts

E3 has never been about the PC. sometimes it gets a little victory (pretty much all the major reveals last year at E3 were demonstrated using PCs) but its a console dominated show...always has been.

whats more its a console dominated show for the major big budget games. hell its mostly just 5 of the biggest games companies showing their wares of the year. all the companies in the industry and E3 can be basically whitteled down to 5. if your not ubisoft, nintendo (to a lesser extent now. they have taken their information dispersal online), sony, MS or EA then, frankly, no one gives a BEEEP at E3. even activision just throws in the early COD spot at the MS conference and wipes their hands of the whole affair.

i wouldnt say its in any way reflective of the state of PC gaming. the only big budget games that are exclusive tend to be first party games. all the other major titles from 3rd parties are multiplats and will come to the PC.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

E3 conferences have NEVER been about PC gaming..never.

wait later in the week for PC gaming news

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By vfibsux

@blueinheaven said:

But your thoughts appear to be based on whether or not PC gets blockbuster titles (your words) just about every AAA game comes to PC. The ones that remain exclusive to consoles (Last of Us, Halo etc) are rare in the life cycle of consoles.

Not my words, your interpretation. I never said that they don't come to the PC, I said more and more are being designed for consoles first, PC second.

iagbas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 iagbas
Member since 2005 • 446 Posts

is the gta V coming to PC this fall or not? Thats all I wanna know...

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

@iagbas said:

Yes.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 vfibsux

@iagbas said:

Yes.

Grim Fandango however, is not....at least initially but either way it is an unbelievable slap in the face to all PC gamers by Sony.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts
@vfibsux said:

@iagbas said:

Yes.

Grim Fandango however, is not....at least initially but either way it is an unbelievable slap in the face to all PC gamers by Sony.

Just buy the original and play it via ResidualVM.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

Anymore? When was it ever about the PC? We already saw a lot of multiplats during the conferences, and the exclusives will be shown off at the stage show, just like every time.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

So What...... Since when did PC gamers care about E3 ?

Its an Open Platform where anything and everything is Possible..... I would've thought you're way above this conventional crap......

To hell with E3 !

maynardburger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 maynardburger
Member since 2005 • 187 Posts

PC gaming is quite a bit more complicated to promote than console gaming. Its more technical, there's no one single 'platform' necessarily, and the only company big enough to afford/justify its own presser is Microsoft(Windows) and they obviously have other priorities.

Its a shame, but that's ok. For now. I think PC gaming is becoming more popular, getting more developer attention than ever, and is becoming more viable from a financial and practicality standpoint, so I think it does eventually deserve a bit more mainstream attention than it gets.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

Every year E3 happens and it's primarily console.....and it should be considering MS, Sony,Nintendo spend millions upon millions of dollars to show their games of here,What single Pc company that is only a fraction of the whole of pc gaming is gonna spend that kind of money?

Also not long after E3 is Gamescom in Germany and given the PC's popularity in Europe the PC is always the main platfrom there,or do people keep forgetting this every single year???

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

@geniobastardo said:

PC isn't mainstream and that's all about it. Yet it's existence is more important and eloquent than console's. PC won't be a highlight, but it will always be the fittest one to survive through all.

That is just incorrect. PC is very mainstream depending on the region you are in.

Swedes will just lolconsole at you, but that makes sense since that's where all the aimerkids in fps are.

Also E3 has never been about pc. LoL, Dota 2 brought in masse a bunch of new pc gamers.

Code135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Code135
Member since 2005 • 892 Posts
@naz99 said:

Every year E3 happens and it's primarily console.....and it should be considering MS, Sony,Nintendo spend millions upon millions of dollars to show their games of here,What single Pc company that is only a fraction of the whole of pc gaming is gonna spend that kind of money?

Also not long after E3 is Gamescom in Germany and given the PC's popularity in Europe the PC is always the main platfrom there,or do people keep forgetting this every single year???

This pretty much covers the whole topic ... the whole point of E3 is for the unholy trinity of gaming to throw their best sales pitch in an hour each in order to stimulate hype in ignorant folks and thus boost revenues ...

Honestly, if I had a time machine right now I would go back in time and blow the brains out of every damn idiot who thought of console development past the atari / sega time... no X-boxies, no Post Scripts ... just PC, glorious master race. It's just sad that if we exclude indies and perhaps CDPR, there aren't any serious PC developers out there ... only console devs and mediocre quality porters ...

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

E3 is always about the pc.....behind the scenes. Never forget

-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

I'm shocked...

people still care about E3?

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

@Code135 said:
@naz99 said:

This pretty much covers the whole topic ... the whole point of E3 is for the unholy trinity of gaming to throw their best sales pitch in an hour each in order to stimulate hype in ignorant folks and thus boost revenues ...

Honestly, if I had a time machine right now I would go back in time and blow the brains out of every damn idiot who thought of console development past the atari / sega time... no X-boxies, no Post Scripts ... just PC, glorious master race. It's just sad that if we exclude indies and perhaps CDPR, there aren't any serious PC developers out there ... only console devs and mediocre quality porters ...

On top of CDPR, Valve, Relic, Firaxis, Tripwire, and creative assembly are some other mainly PC developers. Not to mention the countless other developers that actually made good PC versions of multiplat games. The thing about PC gaming is that it's difficult to get enough funds to make huge, daring, exclusive games without a mega corporation backing you (Sony, MS, and Nintendo) so devs have to go to a large publisher to get funds and the publishers all want their games on consoles and they only want games they know they can sell. That's why we don't see that many unique blockbuster exclusives on PC.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

It's all about money at the end of the day, the console companies are paying for the coverage and i bet the game sites get more clicks on the console content.

Any PC focused game will get some coverage if you look for it, it's just not going to get thrown in your face like the console stuff.

There's been some Civ stuff uploaded :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uex9KqITM2Q

Blutfahne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By Blutfahne
Member since 2014 • 276 Posts

Who cares man E3 is for console peasants. You really think beautiful people sit around worrying about why all the ugly people don't invite them to their parties?

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#29 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

E3 hasn't been about PC since the early 2000s when numerous PC games were almost front runners in terms of press coverage. The reason E3 doesn't cover PC much is because E3 has become the active battleground for the studios to compete. Nintendo vs MS vs Sony. These companies put up huge dollars to create presentations, buy floor space and generally promote their platform with celebrities. PC doesn't have that, so it hangs on with multiplatform releases and independent games. Given MS's apathy towards PC gaming, and these companies throwing around money to sell their own product, it's quite amazing that PC gaming is still alive and well.

I still check out E3 for console exclusives and new information about games, but I could certainly live without it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#30 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58956 Posts

E3 has been console since, forever. PC actually has many pc centric events now, more than ever.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

If you want more PC focused shows look at Rezzed and Gamescom,wich is steadily becoming the biggest gaming trade show in the world,it´s already the biggest attendance wise. E3 was never about PC gaming,ever,back in the day it was ECTS.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#32 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58956 Posts

Rezzed is turning into a great show. It doesn't seem to get much coverage though.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@-wildflower- said:

I'm shocked...

people still care about E3?

I don't really care for E3 either, but it is fun to see a recap of new announcements from it.. And it was great hearing that Dead Rising 3 and GTA5 are both coming to the pc from those announcements.

Realmjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34 Realmjumper
Member since 2007 • 840 Posts

the problem is that piracy ruins the PC. The new Thief game barely sold on PC and that studio went bankrupt because they didn't sell enough copies. Consoles is where developers and publishers make their $$$. No profit no games. At least some of the games are coming to PC :).

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@Realmjumper said:

the problem is that piracy ruins the PC.

If we could stop perpetuating this lie, that'd be great