Don't you get tired of PC gaming sometimes?

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

It's interesting, after eight years of PC gaming, upgrades for some reason I'm getting tired of playing PC titles. Mind you i don't own a console myself but did played a few games on ps2 with friends and I noticed something.

I' had a good time, I actually felt very good. Being a graphic wh*re I kinda didn't care how the game looked. I'll probably will not have x360 nor ps3 since I don't own good TV to play them in high definition.

I have a decent computer and don't have any problems playing anything, I just can't explain the fun factor after borrowing portable DS from a friend while playing some game that lets you be a surgeon.

Maybe it's just me, however I'm torn apart from new shiny 8800 gts or a simple DS or PSP for fun factor that I somehow don't feel as I use to on PC.. 

spiltmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 spiltmilk
Member since 2007 • 278 Posts

It's interesting, after eight years of PC gaming, upgrades for some reason I'm getting tired of playing PC titles. Mind you i don't own a console myself but did played a few games on ps2 with friends and I noticed something.

I' had a good time, I actually felt very good. Being a graphic wh*re I kinda didn't care how the game looked. I'll probably will not have x360 nor ps3 since I don't own good TV to play them in high definition.

I have a decent computer and don't have any problems playing anything, I just can't explain the fun factor after borrowing portable DS from a friend while playing some game that lets you be a surgeon.

Maybe it's just me, however I'm torn apart from new shiny 8800 gts or a simple DS or PSP for fun factor that I somehow don't feel as I use to on PC..

Sokol4ever

it's just you, I got tiredof my 360, it gathers dust while I play my PC all the time. Fun is what you make it, Pc and PC games are so customizeable there are endless possibilities.  Pc offers more versatility and  endless hours of enjoyment due to this versatility.

Avatar image for justheretodl124
justheretodl124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 justheretodl124
Member since 2005 • 1255 Posts
I'm getting tired of gaming in general... everything seems to be quickly declining in quality for everything except graphics.
thanatose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 thanatose
Member since 2003 • 2465 Posts
I haven't had a chance to get tired of PC gaming recently, with me working 12 hour days 3-4 days a week and trying to maintain what's left of my social life, I don't get much time to play much.
GearHead3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 GearHead3000
Member since 2006 • 3600 Posts
Yeah somtimes, but I get tired of other consoles too at times.
GearHead3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GearHead3000
Member since 2006 • 3600 Posts
Yeah sometimes, I just need to play something else.
Artosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Artosa
Member since 2005 • 5063 Posts

I'm getting tired of gaming in general... everything seems to be quickly declining in quality for everything except graphics.justheretodl124

agreed

mech126

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 mech126
Member since 2005 • 3623 Posts
The only thing I regret about PC gaming is not being able lay down.
anandram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 anandram
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts

Sokol4ever

I think it just takes one game to get back into a format. Take a break from it buddy. Then you may appreciate it more when u return. Its never good to hear a fellow gamer is getting tired of gaming!!! :O

My advice is play whatever makes you have fun. Regardless of format. But there are soooo many PC titles that can keep you entertained for hours. I alternate between me 360 and PC.

I know what you mean though because you end up thinking your neglecting your PC, as sad as that sounds :lol:....its true :?

Try some round based FPS's or whatever.

Nyx-Risa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nyx-Risa
Member since 2007 • 100 Posts

Maybe you just need a new game. I found that the PC gaming releases have been a little dry lately. Most games are the type where you beat it once then you're done or you have to play 24/7 to actually do the best part of the game (WoW for example) and then you get sick of it. I find myself playing Lumines on my PSP  just to take a break from it all.

I figured I needed a break from video games so I got back into playing bass and guitar for a while, then I brushed up on my Calculus and read a couple of books. Now I can get back into the game.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#11 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
no I don't actually, I get tired of games but there is always something old or new that is great fun to play.
Tarantula_Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Tarantula_Hawk
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts
If you're getting tired of games, give Wii a try - it seems to be the only console that's any different from the others at this point.  I don't own one, but from the countless drunken games of Wii sports I've played with my mates, I can tell it's definitely out there.
Frozzik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Frozzik
Member since 2006 • 3914 Posts
To be honest i can't undertand anyone saying they are bored of pc gaming. The pc, unlike consoles has pretty much every genre covered one way or another. I can get bored with a particular genre or game and just play something different for a bit. I even try java games online for a bit of fun or install an old game. My 360 is currently up for sale, i am so sick of the absolute rubbish being released on consoles. Every other game seems to be a sequel with fancy graphics or an arcade style piece of tosh. A quick look at play.com and i see 99% of the 360 games i would buy are also coming to pc, with mods and what not i could never ever be bored.
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
I get tired of console games faster, but yes I do get tired of PC games from time to time.
Tarantula_Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Tarantula_Hawk
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts

The only thing I regret about PC gaming is not being able lay down.mech126

Hahahaha, amen, brother.

oscar530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 oscar530
Member since 2005 • 4430 Posts
No nverrrrrr
spierdalaj666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 spierdalaj666
Member since 2004 • 865 Posts

I know what you mean. A months ago i just didn't feel like playing any of my games, i was simply bored. All it really took was for a new patch for medieval 2 TW to come out and i'm back in the groove of things again. Also, playing oldies is great fun, though not necessarily old, thief 2 was a blast to play again.

You basically need a break from gaming since your enthusiasm for playing games, like mine, oscillates and if playing psp provides the temporary fix for you then go ahead and do it, it's not a sin. 

emmm78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 emmm78
Member since 2005 • 282 Posts
It`s like having sex... sure it gets tiresome or boring from time to time, but...
Stadix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Stadix
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
tired of pc games? no..basically not it's just fun sometimes to play consoles too
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

I'm tired of upgrading my P.C atm plus none of my fav action games coming out for P.C . I bought a PSP instead and enjoying it for the moment :) Plus i'm enjoying PS 2 action games which i overlooked .

I'll P.C game again soon tho :)

Mithrandir0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Mithrandir0x
Member since 2007 • 329 Posts

I would understand buying a Xbox 360, a PS3 or even a PS2... but a PSP... well it's not my problem.

emmm78 said all what should be said. 

ajc_176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ajc_176
Member since 2003 • 2595 Posts
Currently im getting tired of PCs alltogether :(

My old PSU has zapped my PC and things havent worked right since,

I have 2 GB ram, if i use the 2GB ram ( which works and each stick has been tested in every slot) after about 2 days the PC Blue screens,

So i have to run 512 for the mean time,
ShotGunBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ShotGunBunny
Member since 2004 • 2184 Posts
I have a horrible outdated and amateurish setup, I'll still be pc gaming 'till the day I day, and you can write that on my grave. :)
I think you may want to look into the niche genre's a bit more.
keith22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 keith22
Member since 2006 • 175 Posts
prud owner of pc, xbox 360 and my brand new ps3
NEOSPARKING

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 NEOSPARKING
Member since 2007 • 1264 Posts
prude
Gamerallmylife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Gamerallmylife
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I will admit that the last few months of pc gaming have been kind of slow, however for me at lest I never seem to get tired of it, there's always some game out there for me to play if not a new one than one that's a year or two old, however I'm mostly an online gamer so that might be why. If your getting tired of pc gaming try out some old games from years gone by or play some xbox 360, PS3, or Wii, just because your a pc gamer does not mean that you can't have fun on the other systems. I plan on getting a 360 later myself, I know though that after a few months I will get tired of it and return to the PC as I always do but as long as your having fun that's all the matters. :)
infoboth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 infoboth
Member since 2004 • 195 Posts
happens to me on occasion. Especially now, in college, with bairly enough time to sleep. I would get random addictions to random PC games, play them for a week or two and then get bored again. So then i get addicted to a console game. So i go back and forward. Have not played a PC game for longer than 40 minutes in a last month, but it is exam time. So, once i'm free tomorrow i'll go on a gaming spree.
yzeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 yzeng
Member since 2006 • 99 Posts
get a girl friend dude!
muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 muscleserge
Member since 2005 • 3307 Posts
since you play only on one platform, it is understandable, sometimes I want something new, but it only lasts for a week or two. That is why I have a PSP. Try some new genre, maybe MMOFPS, or even MMORPG if you have astrong will.
Empirefrtw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Empirefrtw
Member since 2006 • 1324 Posts
Yeah that seems to happen to me sometimes i think the reason for it though is becuase parts of the year i left with little spending cash so i cant get a new game to perk my interest.
crazymonkey092

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 crazymonkey092
Member since 2005 • 974 Posts

Sometimes I get tired of holding the mouse and keyboard at times because I play quake so much and my hands can only take so much, but I do enjoy it a lot. Though I wish i could get more comfy and sit on the couch or something, but I have my 360 controller and some good emu's and racing games to relax and sit on the couch since my pc is hooked up to my tv.

All in all I dont really get tired of games, just I have a short attention span so I just keep mixing things up. 

Dracunos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Dracunos
Member since 2004 • 1154 Posts
It's a game.. Stuff gets boring.. I have gotten bored of skateboarding, pogs, console games, every single game, every PC game I've ever played.. skating.. Going out.. Everything gets immensely boring, and it's just a normal thing to not want to do the exact same kinda thing over and over again all the time.. At the very least cycle it with your other stuff. I get less bored now that I'm in the military, though.. Long-isher hours.
xcryonicx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 xcryonicx
Member since 2006 • 1294 Posts
Yes, but this can happen with any thing you do a lot of. I can relate to the OP however, because I know when I got a DS last year it was like a breath of fresh air from PC Gaming. Now, I've since sold my DS and recently got a PSP and having a blast with it too. PC and console games tickle different senses, I think. There's just games out on consoles that a lot of die hard PC Gamers ARE indeed missing out on, and vise versa.
1st_Private

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 1st_Private
Member since 2007 • 46 Posts
I don't play all that often so I can usually sit for a couple of hours straight and not get bored at all.  I try to balance my game playing and my other social obligations so that when I get to play, I know I'll have a blast.
Wahoo2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Wahoo2k
Member since 2003 • 574 Posts

You need to pick up a game that has an engaging storyline. Try looking for something with huge single player content and not so much on the multiplayer side, something that would engage you to keep playing to see what happenes, like a book :P

Herrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Herrick
Member since 2004 • 4551 Posts
I get tired of gaming in general. Sometimes I even get tired of games I really like. When I first played Far Cry, I got up to the middle of the game and I stopped playing it for two to three months or so. Then I went back and finished it. Lately, I've been very bored with video games. 
TheFLCLPope88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TheFLCLPope88
Member since 2003 • 2172 Posts
When I get bored of a PC game, I just look for mods. Currently I've been playing Empires, a Half-Life 2 mod, I've been playing it for over a year, & it's really addictive because the game is really team heavy & you have be constantly communicating & sending info back to your team members & commander. It's really one of the best FPS/RTS hybrid mods since Natural Selection.
Alkpaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

#38 Alkpaz
Member since 2005 • 2073 Posts

Let's put it this way... I spent more time reading these forums than playing games.. lol

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

Yes I do get tired of PC gaming already, and I just selfbuilt a new gaming PC only a month ago, bcuz maybe holding a mouse isnt my thing. everytime when I played my PC game all I want is to play my PS2/PS3 cuz the controller is so comfortable and much easier to play(I know PC has controller too but it wont be the same)..... Just couple of days now I wanted to go back to my console PS3(or 360) after playing FEAR, Counter Strike, FreeStyle Basketball, Guild Wars, and World of Warcraft, and Im NOT planning on upgrading my gaming PC anymore cuz everytime I get so frustrating and tired of loading this and that even more download before I can actually play the game(not to mention PCs cost too much to upgrade) - consoles all you do is pop the disk in and boom.

.... but no, I wont give up PC gaming tho, I still liked most of MMOs type for the most part. 

zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts

Sokol4ever
sometimes i just get tired of gaming... so i take a break for a couple days lol... :)
zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts

Yes I do get tired of PC gaming already, and I just selfbuilt a new gaming PC only a month ago, bcuz maybe holding a mouse isnt my thing. everytime when I played my PC game all I want is to play my PS2/PS3 cuz the controller is so comfortable and much easier to play(I know PC has controller too but it wont be the same)..... Just couple of days now I wanted to go back to my console PS3(or 360) after playing FEAR, Counter Strike, FreeStyle Basketball, Guild Wars, and World of Warcraft, and Im NOT planning on upgrading my gaming PC anymore cuz everytime I get so frustrating and tired of loading this and that even more download before I can actually play the game(not to mention PCs cost too much to upgrade) - consoles all you do is pop the disk in and boom.

.... but no, I wont give up PC gaming tho, I still liked most of MMOs type for the most part.

Dogswithguns
well you aren't a pc gamer so it's a bit different :P play with kb&m for a year or 2 and you'll prefer it over anything
ryan-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ryan-man
Member since 2005 • 124 Posts

yeah you need a new game, try World of warcraft and your live what's left of it would never be the same again!

bazookajoe19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 bazookajoe19
Member since 2006 • 827 Posts
ill trade my ds for your computer
l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 l-_-l
Member since 2003 • 6718 Posts

Sokol4ever
I also have a Nintendo DS Lite and love it. I would get the DS and wait to get the 8800. I have the 8800 also. :D
bunnyben2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 bunnyben2
Member since 2007 • 54 Posts

i go outside and do stuff when i get bored of gaming.

mismajor99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mismajor99
Member since 2003 • 5671 Posts

bunnyben2 has the right idea. If your a homeowner, take care of some stuff around the house. Hell, I'm paint'n my house and landscaping my yard right now, well, I really don't have a choice because the pain in the arse wifey will probably kill me in my sleep if I don't :P ...but it helps getting some fresh air from time to time. In other words, outdoor activities is the way to go, and get ready for a killer Fall time of tons of games to come...I'm excited..

Menelyagor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Menelyagor
Member since 2005 • 851 Posts
not really..as long as the games keep comin.
VfighterX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 VfighterX
Member since 2005 • 256 Posts
Go to the beach and get some fresh air! 8)
manicho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 manicho
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Sokol4ever
Yes, sometimes and that's the reason cause i want a ps3 :D
Avatar image for Death_On_Impact
Death_On_Impact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Death_On_Impact
Member since 2004 • 467 Posts
I'm a total, 100% PC gamer.. and yeah, I do get sick of PC games, hell, games in general from time to time. That's when your Social Life comes in handy. Hang out with some friends, do something outside, go camping, go to the beach (Best place EVER), or even clubbing and get totally wasted. What ever floats your boat. And when you're all good and cleansed. sit back down in your nice comfortable chair and do some gaming with the brand new releases that piled up while you were away! That should keep you entertained for a while. Right?