Does anyone of you still play Starcraft?

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Virtual_Erkan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

User Lists: 0

#1 Virtual_Erkan
Member since 2006 • 998 Posts
This game is exactly 10 years old and I still loving it and still playing it. No matter if it is 2-D the game is fun (and I like it more than World of Warcraft). Now I can't wait for Starcraft 2 with new buildings and units.
mfsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 mfsa
Member since 2007 • 3328 Posts

I still play it from time to time - but I mostly make and play my own missions. I've never really enjoyed playing the game against other people, and there's little point in playing skirmish vs AI.

The one thing I keep meaning to do is the campaign. Never really played it - I get as far as the 'indoor' missions in the Terran campaign and I just want to quit. Really, really hate them - but I'm told by several reliable sources that the campaign as a whole is great, especially BW... so I keep trying.

But I prefer my own missions, anyway. I get far more out of making my own content than playing what other people have made (usually), but I suck so much at that kind of thing that SC is the only RTS with an editor powerful (read: simple) enough for me to make my own missions.

BlackAlpha666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 BlackAlpha666
Member since 2005 • 2614 Posts

I still play it from time to time - but I mostly make and play my own missions. I've never really enjoyed playing the game against other people, and there's little point in playing skirmish vs AI.

The one thing I keep meaning to do is the campaign. Never really played it - I get as far as the 'indoor' missions in the Terran campaign and I just want to quit. Really, really hate them - but I'm told by several reliable sources that the campaign as a whole is great, especially BW... so I keep trying.

But I prefer my own missions, anyway. I get far more out of making my own content than playing what other people have made (usually), but I suck so much at that kind of thing that SC is the only RTS with an editor powerful (read: simple) enough for me to make my own missions.

mfsa

The reason why I loved the Starcraft campaign was because of those type of missions. I liked it that they added some RTT elements into the campaign. Actually, to me it felt a lot like an RPG in those missions.

Back then I didn't bother with the editor but I did create some custom maps for Warcraft3. I heard the Starcraft editor is a bit like it.

chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#4 chandu83
Member since 2005 • 4864 Posts
I never got a chance to play the game till now. I should get to it.
darkfox101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 darkfox101
Member since 2004 • 7055 Posts
my friend got it.. and hes from korea lol.. thats all he talks about and now hes going back to his addicting self
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

I do.

It has some of the best cutscenes.

3rd_moon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 3rd_moon
Member since 2007 • 206 Posts
I just started playing the game a couple of weeks ago and I'm still enjoying it.
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#8 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
I go back and play the single player campaign and skirmish games every couple years, but i don't play online.
Sydedish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sydedish
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Starcraft is definitely one of my favorite games of all-time. A good game like that never gets old and I'm really looking forward to trying Starcraft 2!
Nikalai_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nikalai_88
Member since 2006 • 1755 Posts

I stoped playing around a year ago and when I tried to go back found out that now I get slaughtered in 1v1 online, making it tough to get back in. So I mostly watch competitive games and wait for StarCraft 2 for a 'restart' of sorts.

Edit: And yes the cutscenes in Brood War are awsome, can't think of any other game that comes close, I liked them better than the ones in Metal Gear Solid games.

df853

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 df853
Member since 2004 • 1433 Posts

Starcraft was such an awesome game. I haven't it played in quite a while though.

My favorite thing thing to do was to:

1. Join a 1v1 ladder game
  2. Be Terran
  3. Have my SCVs kill each other until only one is left
  4. Drive the remaining SCV into the enemies base and annoy him until the SCV is killed
  5. Lift off with my command center and drive it into the most distant corner of the map
  6. Wait for the opponent to get annoyed and wonder why he can't find any evidence of my existence
Needless to say, my ladder record was terrible.
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
Just half the population of South Korea.
gogators4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gogators4life
Member since 2006 • 4654 Posts
Starcraft is insanely good, too bad I s*ck at that game though.
Forerunner-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Forerunner-117
Member since 2006 • 8800 Posts
Yep! In fact, I just bought the StarCraft Battlechest like a month ago! Can't wait 'till StarCraft 2.
lenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lenson
Member since 2006 • 2531 Posts

Reason I always liked starcraft was because of the story. I was never any good at the game itself though. Ill probably buy 2 just to see what happens next.

But I do still play starcraft sometimes.

xcryonicx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 xcryonicx
Member since 2006 • 1294 Posts
I actually just bought the Battlechest a couple months ago. Great game, but I haven't played in a while.
Roris0A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Roris0A
Member since 2007 • 627 Posts

Starcraft is insanely good, too bad I s*ck at that game though. gogators4life

Haha same here. The learning curve in MP is steep but it's incredibly statisfying when you actually pull off some smart tactics and win.

SexyMatters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SexyMatters
Member since 2008 • 30 Posts
No I don't...:|
Avatar image for Death-Knight_RS
Death-Knight_RS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Death-Knight_RS
Member since 2003 • 44 Posts
Every now and then I play the campaign missions, especially for the Protoss... My life for Aiur! 8)
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
From time to time I pick it up again and play a mission or custom map... but rarely anymore. With StarCraft II on the (far distant) horizon, I would rather just wait and play that.
muirplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 muirplayer
Member since 2004 • 406 Posts
I used to play it every now n' then until I got my new monitor (22" widescreen). It looks like 100% booboo on widescreen. Wierd though how this game has withstood the beating of time.
Drazule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Drazule
Member since 2007 • 8693 Posts
I do, man the protos campaing is hard, if it wornt for the dark templar spec op team tactic in "homeland" id probaly have quit
metalisticpain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#23 metalisticpain
Member since 2005 • 3536 Posts

Starcraft was such an awesome game. I haven't it played in quite a while though.

My favorite thing thing to do was to:

1. Join a 1v1 ladder game
  2. Be Terran
  3. Have my SCVs kill each other until only one is left
  4. Drive the remaining SCV into the enemies base and annoy him until the SCV is killed
  5. Lift off with my command center and drive it into the most distant corner of the map
  6. Wait for the opponent to get annoyed and wonder why he can't find any evidence of my existence

Needless to say, my ladder record was terrible.df853

lol im one of those people. Once i slowly hacked my way into a forrest with a tiny path (not in star craft) and then cleared myself some space... took em forever to find me by the time they came out of their base to kill me

aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts
I replayed the campaign a few months ago, played as far as the mid-protoss campaign and then I got bored and uninstalled it.
FireWarriorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 FireWarriorr
Member since 2008 • 137 Posts

Starcraft is the best game ever....

i played it since i was a little boy:P

many people still plays starcraft

for example if i dont play it at least once a week i could kill myself :D

Virtual_Erkan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Virtual_Erkan

I was fascinated by the races:

Terran are humans but completely advanced in technology. Ghost unit, long ranged attacking units and nuclear missile makes the terrans very special

Zerg are the primitive aliens that eat on flesh. No technology at all but their ferocious attacks, regenerating cells and fast reproduction makes them special.

Protoss is the best races ever made. They are aliens but more advanced in technology and strong in magical and shamantic powers. Close but ultimately powerful attacks, psi powers and eletronic shields makes them unique.

Virtual_Erkan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Virtual_Erkan
Me too I play on widescreen. The units looks very fat XD! So does the graphics sucks more (it was published in 1998, so still great for that time).
Avatar image for deactivated-5f3fa34a024b3
deactivated-5f3fa34a024b3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#28 deactivated-5f3fa34a024b3
Member since 2005 • 1735 Posts

Me too I play on widescreen. The units looks very fat XD! So does the graphics sucks more (it was published in 1998, so still great for that time).Virtual_Erkan

lol same, 640x480 is not too pretty on a 21" wide monitor.....but for some reason the graphics really dont detract from the experience at all for me....i guess im just a fanboy!

Xavier_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Xavier_12
Member since 2005 • 824 Posts

I still play.

Add me on Xfire.

thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
Yeah, from time to time.
Lidve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Lidve
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

This game is exactly 10 years old and I still loving it and still playing it. No matter if it is 2-D the game is fun (and I like it more than World of Warcraft). Now I can't wait for Starcraft 2 with new buildings and units.Virtual_Erkan

Great comparsion... RTS vs MMORPG

Anyway,i never played starcraft actively,im more into warcraft

Virtual_Erkan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Virtual_Erkan
I never played Warcraft actively, I'm more into Starcraft
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts
I play it regularly, right in between my sessions of Hexen and Doom2 using the Doomsday engine.
EgyCheETah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 EgyCheETah
Member since 2006 • 102 Posts
it's very nice strategy game i like it
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#35 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

I played the demo a few days ago - it was the first time I have played Starcraft. It was cool.

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#36 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
I still play it online with friends. One or twice a month I'll get a huge FFA game going with my friends. Best RTS ever made in my opinion.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#37 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

I still play it online with friends. One or twice a month I'll get a huge FFA game going with my friends. Best RTS ever made in my opinion.GodLovesDead

Even better than COH?

blownsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 blownsnake
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
If any of u guys are on the east server my name is h3llhound. add me so we can play. or send me a msg!!!
shadowwolf1123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 shadowwolf1123
finnaly people who still play starcraft.
36O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 36O
Member since 2006 • 823 Posts

This game is exactly 10 years old and I still loving it and still playing it. No matter if it is 2-D the game is fun (and I like it more than World of Warcraft). Now I can't wait for Starcraft 2 with new buildings and units.Virtual_Erkan

I play it all the time, but I am nowhere as good as some of those koreans, geez they are practically gods at that game....

TanKLoveR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TanKLoveR
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts

[QUOTE="Virtual_Erkan"]This game is exactly 10 years old and I still loving it and still playing it. No matter if it is 2-D the game is fun (and I like it more than World of Warcraft). Now I can't wait for Starcraft 2 with new buildings and units.36O

I play it all the time, but I am nowhere as good as some of those koreans, geez they are practically gods at that game....

U would be just as good if u played 16 hours a day 7 days a week, they get paid for god sakes, if i got paid to post here i would have a 200k post count.

I still play sc almost daily, i only play Original in europe tho Bw is just really tough, i havnt played bw in 2 years and to get back on the horse i will have to play A LOT like 10 games every day for 3 months just to get my old level back which was ok i suppose tho not as good as lets say Androide or Mondragon i think they still play.

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GodLovesDead

[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]I still play it online with friends. One or twice a month I'll get a huge FFA game going with my friends. Best RTS ever made in my opinion.biggest_loser

Even better than COH?

Much better than CoH. CoH is good. But that's about it.

rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts
I just barely stopped playing it a couple months ago...
Vfanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Vfanek
Member since 2006 • 7719 Posts
[QUOTE="biggest_loser"]

[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]I still play it online with friends. One or twice a month I'll get a huge FFA game going with my friends. Best RTS ever made in my opinion.GodLovesDead

Even better than COH?

It's great and built upon the extremely innovative formula we first saw in DoW. But compared to Starcraft it's a pile of poo.
aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts
[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"][QUOTE="biggest_loser"]

[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]I still play it online with friends. One or twice a month I'll get a huge FFA game going with my friends. Best RTS ever made in my opinion.Vfanek

Even better than COH?

It's great and built upon the extremely innovative formula we first saw in DoW. But compared to Starcraft it's a pile of poo.

Not really. It's a pile of poo when compared to Starcraft in multiplayer, factions and campaign. But...

Unlike Starcraft, the environment actually means a fair bit. You can actually blow a hole in certain areas to do flanking manuevers. In Starcraft, the only thing the environment does is block movement. It isn't much more than a visual plane for the units to fight on believably, unlike CoH where practically every inch of land matters.

Unlike Starcraft, tanks actually have to be able to get close at a certain angle and penetrate. Hitting a Panzer from the back with a Sherman is a hell of a lot more beneficial than hitting them in the front, in many ways. In Starcraft, there is practically no difference - I could hit a Siege Tank from any direction and it doesn't give me a better result.

Unlike Starcraft, units actually have "accuracy" which depends on many, many factors - granted, most of this is chance-based, but it's not so chancy that a Knight's Cross Holder squad can be defeated a squad of Engineers, nor does it allow a Tiger Tank to be defeated by a Sherman 50/50.

It's far less competitive, but the main point of a game is fun. And "fun" is ALWAYS subjective.

So please, don't say a "game is poop by comparison" just because that is your opinion. I like CoH miles more than Starcraft, but I don't go calling Starcraft "crap by comparison" because that is my opinion. It's fine if you had something like "IMO" or "I think".

Tyrone77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Tyrone77
Member since 2008 • 223 Posts

This weekend I went back to my parents house and dug out a few of my classics, one being StarCraft.

I remember playing this online and really enjoying some of the user made custom scenarios. Are these still played by people online, and which ones would you reccommend me trying? I particulary liked the Starship Troopers one where hordes of Zerg attacked your bunkers and you had to last something like 10 minutes.

capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#47 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts
You mean besides all of South Korea?
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 GodLovesDead
[QUOTE="Vfanek"][QUOTE="GodLovesDead"][QUOTE="biggest_loser"]

[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]I still play it online with friends. One or twice a month I'll get a huge FFA game going with my friends. Best RTS ever made in my opinion.aliblabla2007

Even better than COH?

Not really. It's a pile of poo when compared to Starcraft in multiplayer, factions and campaign. But...

Unlike Starcraft, the environment actually means a fair bit. You can actually blow a hole in certain areas to do flanking manuevers. In Starcraft, the only thing the environment does is block movement. It isn't much more than a visual plane for the units to fight on believably, unlike CoH where practically every inch of land matters.

Unlike Starcraft, tanks actually have to be able to get close at a certain angle and penetrate. Hitting a Panzer from the back with a Sherman is a hell of a lot more beneficial than hitting them in the front, in many ways. In Starcraft, there is practically no difference - I could hit a Siege Tank from any direction and it doesn't give me a better result.

Unlike Starcraft, units actually have "accuracy" which depends on many, many factors - granted, most of this is chance-based, but it's not so chancy that a Knight's Cross Holder squad can be defeated a squad of Engineers, nor does it allow a Tiger Tank to be defeated by a Sherman 50/50.

It's far less competitive, but the main point of a game is fun. And "fun" is ALWAYS subjective.

So please, don't say a "game is poop by comparison" just because that is your opinion. I like CoH miles more than Starcraft, but I don't go calling Starcraft "crap by comparison" because that is my opinion. It's fine if you had something like "IMO" or "I think".

If CoH wasn't poop by comparison, it would be the national sport of Korea. Not Starcraft.

yago0o0o0l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 yago0o0o0l
game is one of my favorite game and i cant wait more for Starcraft2 buttttt im not playing starcraft....
Virtual_Erkan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Virtual_Erkan
[QUOTE="TanKLoveR"][QUOTE="36O"]

U would be just as good if u played 16 hours a day 7 days a week, they get paid for god sakes, if i got paid to post here i would have a 200k post count.

I still play sc almost daily, i only play Original in europe tho Bw is just really tough, i havnt played bw in 2 years and to get back on the horse i will have to play A LOT like 10 games every day for 3 months just to get my old level back which was ok i suppose tho not as good as lets say Androide or Mondragon i think they still play.

You are absolutely right TankLover. They are the true masters of StarCraft because they get paid. People will do ANYTHING for money at this era.