DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ORIGINAL GAME AND PIRATED GAME?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sandmand12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Sandmand12
Member since 2014 • 49 Posts

some folks says the pirated game had a difference on graphics between the original game...... is that true?

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

yes its true. Buy all your games and support devs

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 soolkiki
Member since 2008 • 1783 Posts

Yes.

And you should never pirate. Save money for games, that simple.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

I always thought so and more glitches.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

Yeah there's usually a limit on how much turbo anti aliasing you can apply on pirated versions to save space.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@Arthas045 said:

I always thought so and more glitches.

That and probably the digital equivalent of herpes and syphilis.

II-Siamak-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 II-Siamak-II
Member since 2012 • 480 Posts

No there absolutely no difference, folks here like to troll and challenge your intelligence. Only thing is 99% of the time you won't be able to play online, but I for one have to always get my games from Steam cuz I have OCD.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@lawlessx said:

yes its true.

@JigglyWiggly_ said:

Yeah there's usually a limmit on how much turbo anti aliasing you can apply on pirated versions to save space.

@soolkiki said:

Yes.

@JigglyWiggly_ said:

Yeah there's usually a limmit on how much turbo anti aliasing you can apply on pirated versions to save space.

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#10  Edited By Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

My thoughts about it

advantages to pirated games:

no drm so no limits to installs or worries you can't install it in future and no worries about servers being down at any point in future

free

quick to play once downloaded since you don't get forced to patch so you install and play... however this can also be a disadvantage in getting patches for fixing bugs

the feeling of sticking it to greedy publishers, i feel people really enjoy pirating EA games especially... even Ubisoft due to their crappy pc ports

disadvantages:

could contain viruses... most recent was some early release of Watch Dogs had a bit miner that was hidden within it so it would mine coins on peoples PC's who downloaded it and give profits to the person that created the torrent.

more difficult to patch

can't play online with any people

wastes bandwidth to download... assuming there was a physical copy of the game to begin with... if it was a digital only game, advantage goes back to pirated game

if its a good game, you are not giving money to people that deserve it for making a good game which is rare in these days of mostly crappy games... this is easy to fix though if you do download a game with a simple click and you can buy it online and remedy this

overall i can't see how people downloading games makes much difference... theres just not that many doing it to make much of a dent, even the most popular game you maybe see a few thousand downloaders at a time.

Also read through the comments on these torrent sites and a large amount of these people can barely afford pc's that can even play these games on top of their bandwidth costs. They always ask if their crappy dated rig can play a game, its obvious they have little money by the pcs they are using.

If they weren't able to download them they wouldn't buy them thats for sure since they have no money to begin with. If anything its good to keep the poor people occupied playing games rather then robbing the rich.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@Old_Gooseberry said:

advantages to pirated games:

I stopped reading right there. There is no advantage to pirating games, unless you want things for free and for people to lose their work.

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

There are 2 main differences: when you download a game for free people who made it don't get paid, obviously (or the company pays them but don't return the investment or whatever), and you can't play online. You also have to patch manually. So if opportunism is your sole driving force then yes you can pirate single player games all you want. I made a link to opportunism definition so you don't need to waste your time googling it, and you're welcome :).

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

PC guys replied to a bot post?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

Getting into no-no land here. If you wish to discuss piracy, discuss how it affects the industry. Like what the industry can learn from it, adopt I guess you could call it, what harm it has done. Discussing possible advantages is a big no. We won't have any encouraging of piracy on these boards.

Feel free to make a new topic with that as the intended discussion. This one however goes to much towards encouraging piracy so I'll have to lock it.

If you think otherwise, please use to PM all mod feature we got here.