DICE: Bad Company 2 'reaching' Uncharted 2's graphics

This topic is locked from further discussion.

macronia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 macronia
Member since 2008 • 585 Posts

Upcoming FPS Battlefield Bad Company 2 is "reaching" the graphical quality set by last year's stunning PS3-exclusive Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, but it will not surpass it, developer DICE had admitted.

Source :http://www.videogamer.com/news/dice_bad_company_2_reaching_uncharted_2s_graphics.html

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
they are comparing a graphics achievment with consoles? im puzzled.
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts

they are comparing a graphics achievment with consoles? im puzzled.GazaAli
This is not PC news. That is for consoles. Bad Company 2 on PC will most likely blow Uncharted 2 out of the water with DX11 and all.

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

Uncharted 2 was my personal GOTY last year. But I don't think it quite qualifies as a graphical benchmark to which all games, all platforms should be compared. Uncharted 2's best graphical qualities are with the set piece designs. But other elements such as character models are on par with most other games, rather than surpassing them. Amazing looking game, especially for a console title. But seeing how this is posted on a pc gamer forum, I don't think pc gamers could consider its graphics to be benchmark material.

macronia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 macronia
me too...it is kinda weird...but i think they want to say the game has high and good graphics
gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

Sigh...welcome to modern PC gaming. Apparently all the devs have forgotten that Crysis exists and are instead hellbent on making high-end hardware requirements for their games via terrible optimization.

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SF_KiLLaMaN
Again, that comment was for the console versions. Bad Company 2 for PC will look much better than uncharted 2.
macronia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 macronia
I think it will be more than great on PC...People who played beta say its graphics is higher and better than MW2 and also don't forgot that its recommended VGA is GTX 260 :D
fudgeblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 fudgeblood
Member since 2008 • 3165 Posts
graphics is higher and better than MW2macronia
That's nothing to be proud of, Modern Warfare 2 had dreadfully average graphics. However, Bad Company 2 looks quite amazing, and I've only seen console footage.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GazaAli

[QUOTE="GazaAli"]they are comparing a graphics achievment with consoles? im puzzled.gameguy6700

Sigh...welcome to modern PC gaming. Apparently all the devs have forgotten that Crysis exists and are instead hellbent on making high-end hardware requirements for their games via terrible optimization.

lol yea. i mean with Crysis around, devs should stfu, seriously.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58310 Posts

true, but generally with multiplayer-centric shooters, sacrfices in graphics quality need to be made.

running a visually advanced singleplayer game is one thing, but when you add 32+ players, internet, downloading, uploading, etc to the mix with multiplayer, a lot of systems get taxed.

Uncharted is an extremely beautiful game on console, even to PC standards in many cases, and with (hopefully) higher-resolution textures it should be a beautiful game on PC.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GazaAli

[QUOTE="GazaAli"]they are comparing a graphics achievment with consoles? im puzzled.mrbojangles25

true, but generally with multiplayer-centric shooters, sacrfices in graphics quality need to be made.

running a visually advanced singleplayer game is one thing, but when you add 32+ players, internet, downloading, uploading, etc to the mix with multiplayer, a lot of systems get taxed.

Uncharted is an extremely beautiful game on console, even to PC standards in many cases, and with (hopefully) higher-resolution textures it should be a beautiful game on PC.

lets see if its going to be ported or not.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Really? Judging by the ps3 beta, i would say that uncharted 2 textures make bad company 2 textures look like they came from a previous gen :lol:
Yeah, the last few years game developers have made clear that they dont seem to care for the superior hardware capabilties of the pc and focus on consoles instead where it pays!!! "But crysis...." Yeah, yeah...but they dont care, why should they? Pc has dx11 and superior graphical possibilities, but when they make more money with consoles, they honna advertise console gaming alltougether instead of pc gaming;)!
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58310 Posts

tbh I dont really care any more.

It'd be nice if they would focus on gameplay.

if the suckers on console are happy with Uncharted 2-like graphics, fine, PC gamers have, and hopefully will always, appreciate gameplay above all else.

I admit visuals come in second for me in terms of requirement, but its a distant second.

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts

Uncharted 2 is an insanely beautiful game. Its not just about the amount of pixels on the screen.

somegtalover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 somegtalover
Member since 2007 • 2700 Posts
[QUOTE="macronia"] graphics is higher and better than MW2fudgeblood
That's nothing to be proud of, Modern Warfare 2 had dreadfully average graphics. However, Bad Company 2 looks quite amazing, and I've only seen console footage.

why do people think COD has good graphics. i think the game looks terrible!
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dakan45
[QUOTE="fudgeblood"][QUOTE="macronia"] graphics is higher and better than MW2somegtalover

why do people think COD has good graphics. i think the game looks terrible!

Because "medal of honor" does not look as good;)
macronia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 macronia
A Sony representative demoing Heavy Rain at CES has stated that "graphically" the game "blows Uncharted 2 away". lol Heavy Rain will be the best game graphically....i am thinking if PC will have a game that have the best graphics in the world...i think it will be crysis 2
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
Why is this relevant to PC? This was clearly addressed to the console version.
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#21 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11783 Posts

[QUOTE="GazaAli"]they are comparing a graphics achievment with consoles? im puzzled.SF_KiLLaMaN

This is not PC news. That is for consoles. Bad Company 2 on PC will most likely blow Uncharted 2 out of the water with DX11 and all.

idk, i mean i think bad company 2 will look better, but even so, bad company 2 has alot larger environments(correct me if im wrong).. so that is also a contributing factor.. i

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#22 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
I hope the requirements are too crazy.
Hekynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Hekynn
Member since 2003 • 2164 Posts

[QUOTE="GazaAli"]they are comparing a graphics achievment with consoles? im puzzled.SF_KiLLaMaN

Got that right and if you guys have the right hardware it will look like Uncharted 2 at high settings all you need is a gtx 260 gpu quad core cpu and 4gb of ram and it should look very very close to UC2. :D
DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts
i'm prett sure i'll be maxing this game out but whather it will be in dx9 or dx10 will be the question.
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SF_KiLLaMaN
i'm prett sure i'll be maxing this game out but whather it will be in dx9 or dx10 will be the question.DJ_Headshot
I think it's dx9-dx11. It would be suicide to not support dx9 because there are still a ton of gamers on XP.
badtaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 badtaker
Member since 2009 • 3806 Posts
Dice know they cannot beat crysis in graphics :P
macronia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 macronia
I hope the requirements are too crazy. biggest_loser
Minimum Frostbite PC Specifications Processor: Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz Main memory: 2GB Graphics card: GeForce 7800 GT / ATI X1900 Graphics memory: 256MB OS: Windows XP Free HDD space: 15GB for Digital Version, 10GB for Disc Version (BFBC2) Recommended Frostbite PC Specifications Processor: Quadcore Main memory: 2GB Graphics card: GeForce GTX 260 Graphics memory: 512MB OS: Windows Vista or Windows 7 Free HDD space: 15GB for Digital Version, 10GB for Disc Version (BFBC2) not bad :D
Avatar image for call_of_duty_10
call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 call_of_duty_10
Member since 2009 • 4954 Posts
[QUOTE="biggest_loser"]I hope the requirements are too crazy. macronia
Minimum Frostbite PC Specifications Processor: Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz Main memory: 2GB Graphics card: GeForce 7800 GT / ATI X1900 Graphics memory: 256MB OS: Windows XP Free HDD space: 15GB for Digital Version, 10GB for Disc Version (BFBC2) Recommended Frostbite PC Specifications Processor: Quadcore Main memory: 2GB Graphics card: GeForce GTX 260 Graphics memory: 512MB OS: Windows Vista or Windows 7 Free HDD space: 15GB for Digital Version, 10GB for Disc Version (BFBC2) not bad :D

Recommended reqs are kinda high considering that they are giving us U2 graphics and the PS3's GPU is nowhere near the 260GTX :/
DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DJ_Headshot
[QUOTE="macronia"][QUOTE="biggest_loser"]I hope the requirements are too crazy. call_of_duty_10

Recommended reqs are kinda high considering that they are giving us U2 graphics and the PS3's GPU is nowhere near the 260GTX :/

but thats most likely for dx10 that will be the recommended. And on consoles they can tweak dozens of different settings for the best quality to performance ratio that performs best on the consoles hardware not to mention its only running at 1280x720 30fps.
Avatar image for call_of_duty_10
call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 call_of_duty_10
Member since 2009 • 4954 Posts

[QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"][QUOTE="macronia"] Minimum Frostbite PC Specifications Processor: Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz Main memory: 2GB Graphics card: GeForce 7800 GT / ATI X1900 Graphics memory: 256MB OS: Windows XP Free HDD space: 15GB for Digital Version, 10GB for Disc Version (BFBC2) Recommended Frostbite PC Specifications Processor: Quadcore Main memory: 2GB Graphics card: GeForce GTX 260 Graphics memory: 512MB OS: Windows Vista or Windows 7 Free HDD space: 15GB for Digital Version, 10GB for Disc Version (BFBC2) not bad :DDJ_Headshot

but thats most likely for dx10 that will be the recommended. And on consoles they can tweak dozens of different settings for the best quality to performance ratio that performs best on the consoles hardware not to mention its only running at 1280x720 30fps.

Oh yeah,I forgot about the crappy resolution and frame rate they get :lol:

macronia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 macronia
Is the recommended means you can play at maximum or just medium setting?
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 dakan45

Is the recommended means you can play at maximum or just medium setting? macronia
We dont know, anyway requirements nowadays are a joke, remember how false gta iv and dragon age requirements where? I belive the reccomended wil mean that you can play it on high!!

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
[QUOTE="macronia"]Is the recommended means you can play at maximum or just medium setting? dakan45
Wer dont know, anyway requirements nowadays are a joke, remember how false gta iv and dragon age requirements where? I belive the reccomended wil mean that you can play it on high!!

Recommended does not mean mean you can max a game.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dakan45
[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="macronia"]Is the recommended means you can play at maximum or just medium setting? millerlight89
Wer dont know, anyway requirements nowadays are a joke, remember how false gta iv and dragon age requirements where? I belive the reccomended wil mean that you can play it on high!!

and what did i say?
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 millerlight89
[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="millerlight89"][QUOTE="dakan45"] Wer dont know, anyway requirements nowadays are a joke, remember how false gta iv and dragon age requirements where? I belive the reccomended wil mean that you can play it on high!!

and what did i say?

High is max for me. Even with it meaning just regular high is false.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="millerlight89"] Recommended does not mean mean you can max a game.millerlight89
and what did i say?

Well high is not max, and when i say max i dont mean maximum antialising and resolution like some people do, i mean high< Very high!!

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 millerlight89

[QUOTE="millerlight89"][QUOTE="dakan45"] and what did i say?dakan45

Well high is not max, and when i say max i dont mean maximum antialising and resolution like some people do, i mean high< Very high!!

Still recommended does not mean you can play on "high."
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"]

[QUOTE="millerlight89"] High is max for me. Even with it meaning just regular high is false. millerlight89

Still recommended does not mean you can play on "high."

:( In that case we are all screwed, when it comes to bad company 2

But according to various reccomend requirements from various games in the past, i would say that with the reccomended you can play on high, it seems that in this era, games are so unoptimized that we decented on medium=reccomended!!

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DJ_Headshot
[QUOTE="DJ_Headshot"]i'm prett sure i'll be maxing this game out but whather it will be in dx9 or dx10 will be the question.SF_KiLLaMaN
I think it's dx9-dx11. It would be suicide to not support dx9 because there are still a ton of gamers on XP.

gotta "Love" Microsoft for not releasing a dx10 patch for xp at least they didn't screw over people who did get vista and released a dx11 patch for it.