• 118 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

I hear so much hate on this game and I dont know why. Reading these posts and hearing some people i know talk about it, it seems so negative! I am sure it will succeed and do well, its Blizzard and Diablo, but all this hate worries me :P. What are your guys opinions of Diablo and Diablo 3 right now? Do you play it for PVE or PVP? Personally I think the game is going to be amazing and the best ARPG coming, although if by some crazy chance it fails, we have a number of others like Torchlight 2, Guild Wars 2, Grim Dawn, Path of Exile, and probably more.

NerubianWeaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 NerubianWeaver
Member since 2010 • 2046 Posts
It will eventually be ported on consoles so expect it to get dumbed down :roll:
Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
Screw the haters, I play what I want.
loveless9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 loveless9
Member since 2011 • 167 Posts

It will eventually be ported on consoles so expect it to get dumbed down :roll:NerubianWeaver

There's no evidence for this. Blizzard has stated that they'd make a spin-off for consoles if they made anything related to Diablo III for consoles anyways. And it's not like this is Elder Scrolls or something, the gameplay and graphics aren't going to be botched even if the game was developed for a console as well as the PC... it's not that graphically extensive.

Anyways, I'm super excited about Diablo III and it seems like I've been waiting a really long time for it to come out... :?

NerubianWeaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NerubianWeaver
Member since 2010 • 2046 Posts

[QUOTE="NerubianWeaver"]It will eventually be ported on consoles so expect it to get dumbed down :roll:loveless9

There's no evidence for this. Blizzard has stated that they'd make a spin-off for consoles if they made anything related to Diablo III for consoles anyways. And it's not like this is Elder Scrolls or something, the gameplay and graphics aren't going to be botched even if the game was developed for a console as well as the PC... it's not that graphically extensive.

Anyways, I'm super excited about Diablo III and it seems like I've been waiting a really long time for it to come out... :?

Didn't Blizzard posted that they are hiring console developers for this game. The console versions haven't announced yet but it will soon, just like The Witcher 2 and sadly it will be linear and broken.

loveless9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 loveless9
Member since 2011 • 167 Posts

Didn't Blizzard posted that they are hiring console developers for this game. The console versions haven't announced yet but it will soon, just like The Witcher 2 and sadly it will be linear and broken.NerubianWeaver

They hired console developers yes, but I read in an interview that if they released a game related to Diablo on consoles that it would be a different game than Diablo III. Like I said, a spin-off or something.

the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 the_ChEeSe_mAn2

[QUOTE="loveless9"]

[QUOTE="NerubianWeaver"]It will eventually be ported on consoles so expect it to get dumbed down :roll:NerubianWeaver

Didn't Blizzard posted that they are hiring console developers for this game. The console versions haven't announced yet but it will soon, just like The Witcher 2 and sadly it will be linear and broken.

PC elitism at its finest. Did you know that Diablo 1 was also on the consoles, by any chance? And it is really not that hard to make an action RPG to work on consoles, apart from controls, camera view and certain gameplay mechanics.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58479 Posts

It will eventually be ported on consoles so expect it to get dumbed down :roll:NerubianWeaver

how do you dumb down a game like Diablo? Its about as simple (and awesome) a game as you can get.

Blizzard may shelf this project for awhile even upon completion. I can't see them not charging lots for DLC and surely they can charge a small montly fee of $5 to milk this series just like they did with the World of Warcraft.

In terms of hate well I should hate Blizzard for feeding into a gaming community that wants to spend too much time per week in front of WoW and letting the community call the shots vs making a healthy game and therefore I really shouldn't buy this new game and I probably won't.

DeViLzzz

ahhhhh I love the arguments of the spurned ex-lovers of WoW. The sooner you admit you screwed up, the quicker you can put this behind you and play Blizzard games in moderation :P

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NerubianWeaver"]It will eventually be ported on consoles so expect it to get dumbed down :roll:mrbojangles25

how do you dumb down a game like Diablo? Its about as simple (and awesome) a game as you can get.

Blizzard may shelf this project for awhile even upon completion. I can't see them not charging lots for DLC and surely they can charge a small montly fee of $5 to milk this series just like they did with the World of Warcraft.

In terms of hate well I should hate Blizzard for feeding into a gaming community that wants to spend too much time per week in front of WoW and letting the community call the shots vs making a healthy game and therefore I really shouldn't buy this new game and I probably won't.

DeViLzzz

ahhhhh I love the arguments of the spurned ex-lovers of WoW. The sooner you admit you screwed up, the quicker you can put this behind you and play Blizzard games in moderation :P

This post is a good one :P. They have said they wont charge for it, it is not an MMO with updates all the time and such. I just dont understand where the hate is coming from. The game is shaping up to be amazing, and has everything that makes Diablo great.

As for the console port argument, I think it would be absolutely fine if they did. Diablo 1 was on consoles. The only thing I would be worried about is splitting up the community if it wasnt cross platform play. I dont think DIII is coming to consoles though, I am guessing the next Diablo game will be multiplat 3D arpg more like TES, but more action and loot based with MP. But that wont be for some time.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

The conspiracy theory says that Diablo 3 was finished more than a year ago and the polishing phase was slowed down. The plan is to launch it against TOR, thus sinking EA's 300 million game.

I hope that's true btw.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NaveedLife

The conspiracy theory says that Diablo 3 was finished more than a year ago and the polishing phase was slowed down. The plan is to launch it against TOR, thus sinking EA's 300 million game.

I hope that's true btw.

Baranga

I highly doubt that is true lol, but if it is, it will definitely be out this year :).

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#13 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts

[QUOTE="NerubianWeaver"]

[QUOTE="loveless9"]

the_ChEeSe_mAn2

PC elitism at its finest. Did you know that Diablo 1 was also on the consoles, by any chance? And it is really not that hard to make an action RPG to work on consoles, apart from controls, camera view and certain gameplay mechanics.

From what I understand Torchlight was ported and worked perfectly on consoles, and it's a very similar game.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
The hate Blizzard has been getting lately is ridiculous.. The most mind bogglign one is the Starcraft 2.. In which people were pissed that they announced expansions before release.. That they were milking them.. Completely ignoring the fact that Starcraft 2 when it was released was widely garbed as amazing and jam packed full of content that rivals any game out there.. But we still had peopel crying feeling that Starcraft 2 should have all the content the expansions in it already..
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 the_ChEeSe_mAn2

I hope that's true btw.

Baranga
Two different genres altogether.
menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 menes777
Member since 2003 • 2643 Posts

All of the Diablo III hate I have seen is based on Blizzard not making it as dark themed as II and not bringing over X class to part 3.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#17 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11790 Posts

I am looking forward to both Diablo and TOR.

Diablo a little more yeah, because it would be cheaper and easier to get into. (My GF, sister, and I would rock Diablo III so hard on LAN, and Online) That is a big motivator over TOR.

Sure we 3 are all interested in Tor as well, but that is gonna be considerably more pricey, and I can almost bet that Diablo III will run way better on my sister's Laptop than TOR, (and its a pretty decent laptop for medium gaming actually)

Though it isn't as if we have to only choose one or the other. We will end up trying both, (on TOR atleast my GF and I are)

But if they launch near the same time, I can safely say Diablo III will be the one we will go with first for a while.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NaveedLife

The hate Blizzard has been getting lately is ridiculous.. The most mind bogglign one is the Starcraft 2.. In which people were pissed that they announced expansions before release.. That they were milking them.. Completely ignoring the fact that Starcraft 2 when it was released was widely garbed as amazing and jam packed full of content that rivals any game out there.. But we still had peopel crying feeling that Starcraft 2 should have all the content the expansions in it already.. sSubZerOo

It's like they want Blizzard to hate them and start going completely multiplat :P.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NaveedLife

All of the Diablo III hate I have seen is based on Blizzard not making it as dark themed as II and not bringing over X class to part 3.

menes777

Then read some of these posts I linked in the OP. You got people whining about PVP being in an arena, and not having it in the world so they can go and terrorize low levels (which doesnt really work anyway). Maybe its just me, but PVP is almost pointless. Maybe I will like it more in DIII, but honestly PVE co-op is where its at, and as for people saying that they should have low levels worried when a high level enters the game, they are just sad lol. I have almost never had a high level try and kill me.

I dont know, people will find anything to complain about, and ignore the fact that it has everything that makes Diablo great, with tons more, and fixes to broken mechanics that were present in DII.

robertoenrique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 robertoenrique
Member since 2004 • 1191 Posts
What I hate is not getting a release date or some hint as to when it will come out. :{
Tuzolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#21 Tuzolord
Member since 2007 • 1409 Posts

The hate is coming from missinformation as you can see...

harshv82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 harshv82
Member since 2008 • 1120 Posts
Hate? What are you talking about? I'm just waiting for Diablo 3 from ages. I just wish it comes before I pass away :( Yes, Diablo 3 is gonna be beast of a game. 20/10 from me :D
harshv82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 harshv82
Member since 2008 • 1120 Posts

DeViLzzz
It's not like Blizzard is forcing players to pay. Eventually it's the customers choice to pay or not to. I don't know why you're holding them guilty:?. I played WoW for 5 years before quitting in 2010, No point in time I was ASKED to pay. I enjoyed the game/community so I continued it.
robertoenrique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 robertoenrique
Member since 2004 • 1191 Posts
Hate? What are you talking about? I'm just waiting for Diablo 3 from ages. I just wish it comes before I pass away :( Yes, Diablo 3 is gonna be beast of a game. 20/10 from me :Dharshv82
LOL i know exactly what you mean. I will be buy the uber collectors edition of D3. I dont care if I spend $150 :P
Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

The only 'hate' on my part is the atmosphere and graphics, they suck.

All the rest i'm confident that Blizzard won't disappoint with it, they never do.

James00715

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 James00715
Member since 2003 • 2484 Posts

You link the battle.net forums. Battle.net forums are some of the most negative in all of the gaming world. They constantly complain about everything Blizzard does whether good or bad. I haven't seen any hate on Gamespot. Most people seems to be excited. A few are in "wait and see" mode.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

Tuzolord
This Just old grumpy folks that think Diablo 2 is God and D3 should be identical, people that need to get a clue, WoW haters and Blizzard haters in general. I personally saw no hate this year, but I'm not really looking after info on Diablo, I'm just waiting for it.
KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KalDurenik
Member since 2004 • 3736 Posts
I can wait for Diablo 3. Why? Because i like how Blizzard make their games. What? Something is not good? Well in that case we wont release it. I want to play the game when they feel its ready. :> If there was something that i had to complain about... It would be the 4 player limit (unless they have changed it).
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="harshv82"] LOL i know exactly what you mean. I will be buy the uber collectors edition of D3. I dont care if I spend $150 :Probertoenrique

Lol me too. I never buy collectors editions, but I will if there is one for DIII.

[QUOTE="Tuzolord"]

DanielDust

This Just old grumpy folks that think Diablo 2 is God and D3 should be identical, people that need to get a clue, WoW haters and Blizzard haters in general. I personally saw no hate this year, but I'm not really looking after info on Diablo, I'm just waiting for it.

Yeah, people need to remember the massive transformation Diablo took from DI to DII. While I would say Diablo 1 had some amazing atmospher and such, that is arguably better than Diablo II, I would say everything else is better in DII by a LONG shot. I have complete faith Blizzard will make DIII amazing and I am willing to bet it will get at least two expansions rather than one.

shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts
It seems I am in the minority that is indifferent.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#31 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
I'm excited, and I have it preordered (got it for $40), but I don't really have high hopes for the game given that everyone who made Diablo 2 is long gone. I'm more excited for Torchlight 2, to be honest.
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17868 Posts
im looking forward to D3 myself. D2 on battle.net consumed quite a chunk of my life. ah playing D2 with mates in an all nighter....good times :D. mind you D2 only really came to life when the expansion came out imho. before that it felt a bit like a work in progress. great expansion though and really transformed the game.
Rusteater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 Rusteater
Member since 2004 • 4080 Posts

I find Blizzard to be one the most if the most overrated companies.

I really dislike hack 'n slash games. Hated Torchlight, Titan Quest... list goes on.

Never cared for D2.

I'm not excited in the least bit. Really don't care about it. It's not on my list of upcoming games.

To all those who enjoy, I hope it is worth waiting for and not a DNF!

tutt3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 tutt3r
Member since 2005 • 2865 Posts

I just want it to come out

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DanielDust

I really dislike hack 'n slash games. Hated Torchlight, Titan Quest... list goes on.

Never cared for D2.

I'm not excited in the least bit. Really don't care about it. It's not on my list of upcoming games.

Rusteater
Overrated means to have great appearances and nothing to back it up, it's not the case with Blizzard, you simply don't care about their games, that's it, there's no need for more.
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

people will hate on anything with popularity, thats how haters are, personally i can see getting myself glued to my pc chair.

Never cared for D2.

Rusteater

blizzard is one of the few still delivering quality games so i doubt this will be any different, cant wait for it to come out-.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="Rusteater"]

Never cared for D2.

DanielDust

Overrated means to have great appearances and nothing to back it up, it's not the case with Blizzard, you simply don't care about their games, that's it, there's no need for more.

This. I dislike RTS games and can acknowledge that SC2 and Yuri's Revenge (among others) are awesome games.

At the person above saying that the original D2 team is mostly gone: I know what you mean, but watching and hearing everything about DIII makes me a believer. Torchilght 2 will be good no doubt, and Torchlight 1 is one of the best Diablo rip offs I have ever played, but I really think DIII will be the one to push the new mechanics (rune system and such), have the best community, and so on. If Runic had the time and money Blizzard has, maybe Torchlight 2 would dethrone DIII (who knows), but thats jsut not the case. 4 classes is a bit of a downer, and the fact that they probably wont support it with expansions and such, as they are doing a Torchlight MMO, is also a downer. But I will liekly buy it and love it until DIII.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#38 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts

At the person above saying that the original D2 team is mostly gone: I know what you mean, but watching and hearing everything about DIII makes me a believer. Torchilght 2 will be good no doubt, and Torchlight 1 is one of the best Diablo rip offs I have ever played, but I really think DIII will be the one to push the new mechanics (rune system and such), have the best community, and so on. If Runic had the time and money Blizzard has, maybe Torchlight 2 would dethrone DIII (who knows), but thats jsut not the case. 4 classes is a bit of a downer, and the fact that they probably wont support it with expansions and such, as they are doing a Torchlight MMO, is also a downer. But I will liekly buy it and love it until DIII.

NaveedLife
That's true, there will definitely be more content in Diablo 3. On the other hand, Torchlight 2 (as far as I know) will be the same $20 price as the first Torchlight, which is hard to beat. And for people who wait, they'll be able to score it for five bucks in half a year, where Diablo 3 will probably be $60 for years.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

DJ_Lae

That's true, there will definitely be more content in Diablo 3. On the other hand, Torchlight 2 (as far as I know) will be the same $20 price as the first Torchlight, which is hard to beat. And for people who wait, they'll be able to score it for five bucks in half a year, where Diablo 3 will probably be $60 for years.

Price isn't a defining factor for me when it comes to choosing a game. I mean I like low prices, but I will pay more for more ;). That said, yes its supposed to be 20 or 30 I think. I bet 30, but who knows. It definitely has potential and I will almost certainly be playing it, but if Diablo III is out I will likely be playing that instead. I hope Torchlight 2's world is a bit more open then the linear (not just cause it goes floor by floor, but rather the map usually just a line) dungeon design in 1.

ArchonOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#40 ArchonOver
Member since 2010 • 1103 Posts

The only thing I might have against Diablo right now is that each new game seems to be getting rid of a little bit of the dark tone in the game. But other than that, I love how the game is coming together thusfar.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

hells to the yes! d3 is my most anticipated game!

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Want to know whats funny about these people complaining about every thing diablo 3..They will end up buying it any way an probably loving it..Its all talk once the game comes out and goes live and people love it..World will spread..The bull talk will end..All will be right with the world again..Than we will be waiting for ever once again for diablo 4...Maybe bye the time i hit 60..

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#43 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
The hate Blizzard has been getting lately is ridiculous.. The most mind bogglign one is the Starcraft 2.. In which people were pissed that they announced expansions before release.. That they were milking them.. Completely ignoring the fact that Starcraft 2 when it was released was widely garbed as amazing and jam packed full of content that rivals any game out there.. But we still had peopel crying feeling that Starcraft 2 should have all the content the expansions in it already.. sSubZerOo
This. I felt I got my money's worth ($60) and not an ounce of regret. SC2 was a full-game despite the announcements of expansions. People just want something to cry about. They are truly bored. I can't wait for the expansions. I wanted to play the next one when I finished that game.. it was so damn good. As for Diablo 3, no one in their right mind should be worried about it. It'll be fine and it will be polished to hell and back. That's Blizzard for ya. I have faith in them.
Armored_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Armored_
Member since 2010 • 186 Posts
Screw the haters, I play what I want.the_ChEeSe_mAn2
two thumbs up :D
Walincas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Walincas
Member since 2006 • 511 Posts

[QUOTE="NerubianWeaver"]It will eventually be ported on consoles so expect it to get dumbed down :roll:mrbojangles25

DeViLzzz

haha, epic post!

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#46 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

What are you talking baout? That is completely legitmate hate! Diablo 1 and 2 were such deep games!! :roll:

Some people need to stop worrying about console ports and just start enjoying games.

Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

I hear so much hate on this game and I dont know why. Reading these posts and hearing some people i know talk about it, it seems so negative! I am sure it will succeed and do well, its Blizzard and Diablo, but all this hate worries me :P. What are your guys opinions of Diablo and Diablo 3 right now? Do you play it for PVE or PVP? Personally I think the game is going to be amazing and the best ARPG coming, although if by some crazy chance it fails, we have a number of others like Torchlight 2, Guild Wars 2, Grim Dawn, Path of Exile, and probably more.

NaveedLife

1) Is not PvE. PvE is a word from WoW, in Diablo is Players versus Monsters (PvM).

2) The main problem with Diablo III is that it doesn't look much Diablo and lacks also some features taht Diablo II LOD had, as 8 player support, a more realistic approach to the artistic design. Personally, I can't stand the new cheap hand drawing icons and designs instead of the CG rendered in D II. The lack of Runewords also doesn't help.

I think that will be better than any other game in its genre, but it will take A LOT of expansions for Diablo III to even reach the global quality of Diablo II LOD. Currently looks more like a Warcraft III mod.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DanielDust
If Diablo 3 looks like a War 3 mod...there is no hope for this world.
Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]The hate Blizzard has been getting lately is ridiculous.. The most mind bogglign one is the Starcraft 2.. In which people were pissed that they announced expansions before release.. That they were milking them.. Completely ignoring the fact that Starcraft 2 when it was released was widely garbed as amazing and jam packed full of content that rivals any game out there.. But we still had peopel crying feeling that Starcraft 2 should have all the content the expansions in it already.. Elann2008
This. I felt I got my money's worth ($60) and not an ounce of regret. SC2 was a full-game despite the announcements of expansions. People just want something to cry about. They are truly bored. I can't wait for the expansions. I wanted to play the next one when I finished that game.. it was so damn good. As for Diablo 3, no one in their right mind should be worried about it. It'll be fine and it will be polished to hell and back. That's Blizzard for ya. I have faith in them.

I bought Starcraft II day one at full prize and barelly spent 50 hours playing it this year (not too much taking the size of the game in consideration), mostrly multiplayer (the campaign has variety but the history is very bad). The fun thing is that I have no intention to buy Heart Of The Swarm, and perhaps I'll only buy Legfacy Of The Void due the Protoss are my favourite race, but really I didn't enjoy too much the game.

So stop to pretend that "everyone talks bad and then buys it"; I have no intentions to support fuher expansions in Diablo III if the first game doesn't lives to my expectations of fun. My lybrary is full of games that I bought and then barelly touched (i.e.: Brink, Starcraft II, ArmA II...) so first day buy doesn't means "this game has my aproval forever". In fact, the amount of hours I spent playing a game is by far a more accurate way to score what I think about such game.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

Ondoval

1) Is not PvE. PvE is a word from WoW, in Diablo is Players versus Monsters (PvM).

2) The main problem with Diablo III is that it doesn't look much Diablo and lacks also some features taht Diablo II LOD had, as 8 player support, a more realistic approach to the artistic design. Personally, I can't stand the new cheap hand drawing icons and designs instead of the CG rendered in D II. The lack of Runewords also doesn't help.

I think that will be better than any other game in its genre, but it will take A LOT of expansions for Diablo III to even reach the global quality of Diablo II LOD. Currently looks more like a Warcraft III mod.

1) Sorry I never called it either until I heard people talking this way online, I just called it diablo or dueling other characters in diablo ;).

2) We don't know the player cap. It could be 4, 5, 6, 7, or 8. I am guessing 6, but still we have no confirmation. And runewords, while cool, are a bad idea. They kind of broke the economy and made alot of stuff useless. And I like the visuals personally.