Crysis sell 1 million copies in less than 3 months.

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

homebrew197516

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 homebrew197516
Member since 2005 • 92 Posts
With all the negative comments on the Crysis sales I thought I would post this up for your information. Not a bad sales figure considering the games "high requirements" I can't paste links here for some reason so Google "Crysis platinum" for the info.
eva89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 eva89
Member since 2004 • 807 Posts

no offense if thats the case cod4 sold at least 2million then.

ya i google crysis platinum tc is speaking the truth about the news.

1kalli1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 1kalli1
Member since 2007 • 398 Posts
ehm CoD4 sold more than 7 million copies in less than 3 months...
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#4 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
cod 4 was multiplatform though.
vash47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 vash47
Member since 2007 • 2171 Posts
cod 4 was multiplataform. I'm glad Crysis is doing in well, such an awesome game, i already finished it, and they aren't even counting digital sales.
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts

ehm CoD4 sold more than 7 million copies in less than 3 months...1kalli1

CoD 4 is multiplatform and its system requirements is much lower than Crysis'

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts

You seen this coming.

Call of Duty 4>Crysis

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts

You seen this coming.

Call of Duty 4>Crysis

OoSuperMarioO
In sales and nothing else.
spierdalaj666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 spierdalaj666
Member since 2004 • 865 Posts
[QUOTE="OoSuperMarioO"]

You seen this coming.

Call of Duty 4>Crysis

mo0ksi

In sales and nothing else.

QFT

If you need any proof, look up the upcoming mods for crysis and they'll make your jaw drop

homebrew197516

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 homebrew197516
Member since 2005 • 92 Posts
What gets me is why don't Gamespot report this? Do they want the PC to look bad and only report the NDP sales?
spierdalaj666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 spierdalaj666
Member since 2004 • 865 Posts

What gets me is why don't Gamespot report this? Do they want the PC to look bad and only report the NDP sales? homebrew197516

that's because the industry is so backward that they don't realize (or rather choose not to acknowledge) that many people buy their games online nowadays.

Also, who cares how much it sold, as long as it sold well we'll see a sequel and that's proof enough that a game did well financially.

ps. crysis will continue to sell beyond the 3 month period especially when numerous mods are released, the multiplayer is tweaked, and new/cheaper hardware is released.

SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts
All That money spent on new pcs could feed a starving country
darkfox101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 darkfox101
Member since 2004 • 7055 Posts
Awesome. Glad it got better, I would've died if such a great game wasn't known so well.
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lonelynight

All That money spent on new pcs could feed a starving countrySaintJimmmy

All of your money should be use to feed a starving country

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 OoSuperMarioO

[QUOTE="SaintJimmmy"]All That money spent on new pcs could feed a starving countryLonelynight

All that finger typing should be use for dirty laundry.

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts
There's already talk of a Crysis movie. Not surprisingly, it's to be done by Uwe Boll. Somebody should smack him.
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Lonelynight
[QUOTE="Lonelynight"]

[QUOTE="SaintJimmmy"]All That money spent on new pcs could feed a starving countryOoSuperMarioO

All that finger typing should be use for dirty laundry.

All your base are belong to us

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 OoSuperMarioO
There's already talk of a Crysis movie. Not surprisingly, it's to be done by Uwe Boll. Somebody should smack him.Qixote
Uwe Boll, that poor poor man. Sometimes I feel a bit bad inside for all the bashing he gets in the industry. Hopefully Crysis the movie will have good peformance rather then the PC version(That was a good one).
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lonelynight

[QUOTE="Qixote"]There's already talk of a Crysis movie. Not surprisingly, it's to be done by Uwe Boll. Somebody should smack him.OoSuperMarioO
Uwe Boll, that poor poor man. Sometimes I feel a bit bad inside for all the bashing he gets in the industry. Hopefully Crysis the movie will have good peformance rather then the PC version(That was a good one).

I hope he makes a Half Life movie, maybe it might actually be good unlike the game

fivex84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 fivex84
Member since 2006 • 1216 Posts

I hope he makes a Half Life movie, maybe it might actually be good unlike the game Lonelynight

Ouch.

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 OoSuperMarioO

[QUOTE="OoSuperMarioO"][QUOTE="Qixote"]There's already talk of a Crysis movie. Not surprisingly, it's to be done by Uwe Boll. Somebody should smack him.Lonelynight

I hope he makes a Half Life movie, maybe it might actually be exiting unlike the game

Fingers are crossed. We can only hope that he chooses something else and walk away with it.

What I will like to see is a Peter jackson Half-Life movie.

crozon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 crozon
Member since 2003 • 1180 Posts
back on subject doesn't matter if cod4 sold 20million copies, just glad a high spec PC only game sold a million. it means that more devs might bring out games for just the PC. again nothing against consoles, but i think we are back at the stage where console gaming is holding back what games could do. technically at least.
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts

back on subject doesn't matter if cod4 sold 20million copies, just glad a high spec PC only game sold a million. it means that more devs might bring out games for just the PC. again nothing against consoles, but i think we are back at the stage where console gaming is holding back what games could do. technically at least.crozon

most importantly it actually sold well above EA's expectations, which means devs (or at least EA), are likely to do things like this in the future again.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lonelynight

back on subject doesn't matter if cod4 sold 20million copies, just glad a high spec PC only game sold a million. it means that more devs might bring out games for just the PC. again nothing against consoles, but i think we are back at the stage where console gaming is holding back what games could do. technically at least.crozon

The gap with PC and consoles will probably get even bigger by the end of the year

Fingers are crossed. We can only hope that he chooses something else and walk away with it.

OoSuperMarioO

I don't really care what movies are made of if they suck or not, since I don't watch movies much

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Call of Duty 4 is a triple platform game... Crysis is on one platform, a platform that has quite high requirements to even play the game, which closes off a big portion of the market. For Crysis to sell this much in so little time is astounding to say the least. PC gaming is far from dead.
Cdscottie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Cdscottie
Member since 2004 • 1872 Posts
[QUOTE="Lonelynight"]

[QUOTE="OoSuperMarioO"][QUOTE="Qixote"]There's already talk of a Crysis movie. Not surprisingly, it's to be done by Uwe Boll. Somebody should smack him.OoSuperMarioO

I hope he makes a Half Life movie, maybe it might actually be exiting unlike the game

Peter Jackson? I don't want to see a movie of nothing but Hobbits and Head crabs.....ugg. They should get George Lucas to do it! Come on, who wouldn't want to see Gordon Freeman get on his knees and scream "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

crozon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 crozon

don't care if there is a big gap between pc games and console games, as long as the PC gets some killer titles, well thats all that matters.

and i got a feeling, with spore and starcraft 2 coming out we'll see a few more gamers move back on the PC.

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 OoSuperMarioO

Well it's obvious that the PC market is already ahead of the console market technically. That's a no brainer that by the end of the year the leap will be that much further. However the titles releasing this year for consoles are pretty impressive and are far more interesting then what's being released on the PC market imo.

To Knight, I can also care less about what's what in the movie market but out of curiosity I will much have a respected director lead a beloved franchise. I tell you what though I have no remorse in Uwe Boll directing Crysis though. I'll be delighted to have a good laugh on my part.

Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#29 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts

You seen this coming.

Call of Duty 4>Crysis

OoSuperMarioO

I agree. I'm not insulting PC because I think Crysis is worse than CoD4. People seem to jump out and defend Crysis when they don't even play it much themselves.

Only reason I still have Crysis installed is because of the Mechwarrior mod that's supposed to be comming out.

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 OoSuperMarioO
[QUOTE="OoSuperMarioO"][QUOTE="Lonelynight"]

[QUOTE="OoSuperMarioO"][QUOTE="Qixote"]There's already talk of a Crysis movie. Not surprisingly, it's to be done by Uwe Boll. Somebody should smack him.Cdscottie

Peter Jackson? I don't want to see a movie of nothing but Hobbits and Head crabs.....ugg. They should get George Lucas to do it! Come on, who wouldn't want to see Gordon Freeman get on his knees and scream "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Only then who will be playing the voice?
crozon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 crozon
[QUOTE="OoSuperMarioO"]

You seen this coming.

Call of Duty 4>Crysis

Swiftstrike5

I agree. I'm not insulting PC because I think Crysis is worse than CoD4. People seem to jump out and defend Crysis when they don't even play it much themselves.

Only reason I still have Crysis installed is because of the Mechwarrior mod that's supposed to be comming out.

can i defend crysis then, i have played 30 hours of it :)

Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#32 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts
[QUOTE="Swiftstrike5"][QUOTE="OoSuperMarioO"]

You seen this coming.

Call of Duty 4>Crysis

crozon

can i defend crysis then, i have played 30 hours of it :)

Lol. Go right ahead. I only have about 30hours in CoD4 anyways. (Maybe 6 with Crysis).

1q3er5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 1q3er5
Member since 2003 • 759 Posts
Gamespot is pretty much anti PC. Thats why they don't report it. They rarely update the PC section. And they give PC games lower scores "because they are held to a higher standard" LOL even if its true every noob on the site will just say hey halo got the same score as crysis or whatever so graphically, gameplay wise or multiplayer is THE SAME which we know is a freakin joke.
Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
Where did someone say Boll is directing a Crysis movie? I only see the interview mentioning that he's doing Far Cry.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#35 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Thought Crysis flopped? haha haters = pwned :)

The game is doing alot better outside the USA i think (aka UK, Canada, etc..)

Good to see a awesome game like this doing well

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kozzy1234

Where did someone say Boll is directing a Crysis movie? I only see the interview mentioning that he's doing Far Cry.Makari

God i wish Boll would just retire already damn, he sucks haha :lol:

If i was to pick a directer for Crysis or Farcry id take Japanese director Takashi Miike :)

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kozzy1234
[QUOTE="OoSuperMarioO"]

You seen this coming.

Call of Duty 4>Crysis

Swiftstrike5

I have played Crysis tons, i also own cod4.

TWo toally differnt games.. COD4 is for online and Crysis is for amazing singleplayer.

I actually found it hard to go back to COD4 though last night after many hours on crysis

mfsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mfsa
Member since 2007 • 3328 Posts

And the current Valve hardware survey suggests that out of about 1.2 million, only around 18% has the hardware to really run Crysis at medium settings or higher (based on GPU only), so as hardware costs come down, Crysis sales will probably increase a lot.

Brumak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Brumak
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

no offense if thats the case cod4 sold at least 2million then.

ya i google crysis platinum tc is speaking the truth about the news.

eva89

No offense but gears of war was one of the fastest selling games and it sold over 3million copies in the first 10 weeks and if u dont thaks so....then look it up.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Lonelynight
[QUOTE="OoSuperMarioO"]

You seen this coming.

Call of Duty 4>Crysis

Swiftstrike5

I already uninstalled CoD 4 and I'm still playing Crysis

prasath_amd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 prasath_amd
Member since 2007 • 278 Posts

Call of Duty 4 is a triple platform game... Crysis is on one platform, a platform that has quite high requirements to even play the game, which closes off a big portion of the market. For Crysis to sell this much in so little time is astounding to say the least. PC gaming is far from dead.foxhound_fox

I'm extremely happy that Crysis is doing this much well. I agree with u 100%. It looks like Crysis is a massive hit.....But when will the console version of Crysis come out?

Franko_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#42 Franko_3
Member since 2003 • 5729 Posts
never or maybe for xbox 720, they should be able to run Crysis while we will be playing Crysis 3 on the upgraded photo- realistic engine
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
[QUOTE="Swiftstrike5"][QUOTE="OoSuperMarioO"]

You seen this coming.

Call of Duty 4>Crysis

Lonelynight

I already uninstalled CoD 4 and I'm still playing Crysis

I have both on my comp buy I've been playing Crysis for 50 hours and CoD4 for 21 altogether(see xfire). With Crysis I'm playing through the SP for the 6th time and using different routes and actions entirely. Talk about replay value.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#44 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I'm extremely happy that Crysis is doing this much well. I agree with u 100%. It looks like Crysis is a massive hit.....But when will the console version of Crysis come out?prasath_amd

According to Crytek, never. The consoles are either getting a "Crysis: Instincts" with the gameplay changed to suit the nature of the hardware (less open areas, more "pocketed action") or just a port of the CryEngine 2 to be used by EA nd other developers. As it stands now, Crysis is not possible on the 360 or PS3.
cmdrmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45 cmdrmonkey
Member since 2004 • 994 Posts
FarCry also had incredibly high system requirements for its time (that's why it was used so heavily as a benchmarking tool), but still sold amazingly well, so why would Crysis be any different? And as people continue to buy new systems they will buy Crysis to test them out and see what all the fuss was about. The game will continue to sell for a very long time. It's FarCry all over again. The truth is that this game became an intense object of jealousy and therefore hatred of console fanboys everywhere. They know their systems don't having anything that even comes close to Crysis. And aside from being a great piece of eye candy, Crysis is really strong from a gameplay standpoint as well. It's the total package.
prasath_amd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46 prasath_amd
Member since 2007 • 278 Posts

FarCry also had incredibly high system requirements for its time (that's why it was used so heavily as a benchmarking tool), but still sold amazingly well, so why would Crysis be any different? And as people continue to buy new systems they will buy Crysis to test them out and see what all the fuss was about. The game will continue to sell for a very long time. It's FarCry all over again. The truth is that this game became an intense object of jealousy and therefore hatred of console fanboys everywhere. They know their systems don't having anything that even comes close to Crysis. And aside from being a great piece of eye candy, Crysis is really strong from a gameplay standpoint as well. It's the total package. cmdrmonkey

Ya me too wonder the samething when Far Cry came out it was just like Crysis.......So why everyone thought Crysis is heavy on systems & its a flop? :? ..........I also think that it is the hatred of the Console fans........I bought Far Cry only on December 2005.....So as u said Crysis will continue to sell for a ver very long time..........Also if the console version comes out with linear gameplay it won't come anywhere close to the PC Version:twisted:

watchgrief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 watchgrief
Member since 2008 • 53 Posts

Its all about the hype! You get enough advertising anything will sell off quick, the real test is how long it keeps going!

Watch Pure Grief Videos - http://www.watchgrief.com

Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#48 Pro_wrestler
Member since 2002 • 7880 Posts
Sadly half of those are used to see how much suck a system is rather than for it's experience.
h1dd3n5had0w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 h1dd3n5had0w
Member since 2005 • 2141 Posts
I might be picking up a copy soon for the MechWarrior Legends mod that is 'hopefully' coming out. Who knows, I'm just trying to save up money so I can buy new hardware for my computer, its getting out-dated quickly.
The_PC_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 The_PC_Gamer
Member since 2003 • 2910 Posts
[QUOTE="mo0ksi"][QUOTE="OoSuperMarioO"]

You seen this coming.

Call of Duty 4>Crysis

spierdalaj666