Crysis 3 is sooooooo boring!

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

funkyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 funkyzoom
Member since 2005 • 1534 Posts

I played Crysis 3 for around 20 minutes, and couldn't continue past that. The graphics are stunning, but the gameplay was so boring that I almost dozed off on my keyboard while playing it. I just wanted to know, is the game boring for the most part, or does it become more interesting later on? Since people say that this is just a 7 to 8 hour game, I was expecting lots of action right from the beginning. I'm playing the game on Veteran difficulty. And please no spoilers!

8-Bitterness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 8-Bitterness
Member since 2009 • 3707 Posts

I think ya got the wrong hobby man, please, go watch movies and stay off games.

jwsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 jwsoul  Online
Member since 2005 • 5468 Posts

I played Crysis 3 for around 20 minutes, and couldn't continue past that. The graphics are stunning, but the gameplay was so boring that I almost dozed off on my keyboard while playing it. I just wanted to know, is the game boring for the most part, or does it become more interesting later on? Since people say that this is just a 7 to 8 hour game, I was expecting lots of action right from the beginning. I'm playing the game on Veteran difficulty. And please no spoilers!

funkyzoom
No it stays the same and actually gets easier as the environment changes. Its just another FPS to be honest nothing special and it plays like COD in multi player! Age old rule of where you have one enemy another is in close proximity! Fast paced can be a little fun but then you have all the elite players with auto shot guns and better perks running around making your fight to be better or even semi decent very hard when all you have is the poo you start with in multi player. Story and the actual animations / graphics are worth the half price admission tho.
ShimmerMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 ShimmerMan
Member since 2008 • 4634 Posts

No the game is bland man, it's obvious Crytek were clueless on this one.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#5 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
Not sure about boring, it's not a great game though. I tried stealth and it leaves some to be desired. On the other hand, when I played like a mad man on easy it wasn't actually that bad. Game seems more enjoyable when just shoot everything with no care about preparation.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#6 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

1st 20 minutes? The early to mid levels are the best, you might like the 2nd to last level though.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

funkyzoom

Play it without cloaking at Post-Human.

funkyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 funkyzoom

I think ya got the wrong hobby man, please, go watch movies and stay off games.

8-Bitterness

Wrong hobby? Hehehehe what a joke! I've been an ardent gamer since the age of the NES! I come from the age of Mario and Zelda! I game 4 hours per day on working days, and around 12 hours per day on holidays!

funkyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 funkyzoom

No the game is bland man, it's obvious Crytek were clueless on this one.

ShimmerMan

You're right, but I will still beat it because I paid my hard earned money for it.

funkyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 funkyzoom

Not sure about boring, it's not a great game though. I tried stealth and it leaves some to be desired. On the other hand, when I played like a mad man on easy it wasn't actually that bad. Game seems more enjoyable when just shoot everything with no care about preparation. nutcrackr

Yeah, this 'cloaking' stuff makes the game too easy and boring.

Avatar image for call_of_duty_10
call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 call_of_duty_10
Member since 2009 • 4954 Posts

Crysis 3 is a benchmark.It is not meant to be fun.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mitu123

[QUOTE="nutcrackr"]Not sure about boring, it's not a great game though. I tried stealth and it leaves some to be desired. On the other hand, when I played like a mad man on easy it wasn't actually that bad. Game seems more enjoyable when just shoot everything with no care about preparation. funkyzoom

Yeah, this 'cloaking' stuff makes the game too easy and boring.

Play it without cloak and make sure difficulty is on Post Human.
PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
I wouldn't go that far, but in terms of gameplay the game is certainly unremarkable, but better than most of the modern military corridor shooters that have flooded the FPS market in the last few years. The only thing that really keeps me going is seeing the new environments in all their stunning glory. I'm just up to the part where you drive that little off-road buggy. It's a big step back from any of the vehicle sections in the first Crysis.
pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Crysis 3 seems to get  alot of stick, but its nowhere near as bad as Crysis 2 was. I enjoyed Crysis 3 and its not often I enjoy FPS games nowadays. If only Crysis 3 had the destruction and original suit modes from Crysis 1/Warhead, It would be almost as good IMO.

funkyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 funkyzoom

Crysis 3 seems to get  alot of stick, but its nowhere near as bad as Crysis 2 was. I enjoyed Crysis 3 and its not often I enjoy FPS games nowadays. If only Crysis 3 had the destruction and original suit modes from Crysis 1/Warhead, It would be almost as good IMO.

pelvist

Something off topic, with respect to your sig. Console gaming is unfortunately NOT dying, although I wish it did. Most multiplats today are primarilily console games which are ported to the PC. Then there are several excellent franchises which are console exclusive (for example Halo, Gears of War, Metal Gear, Red Dead Dedemption etc.). The PC exclusives are almost always Indie games. Hardly do they make triple-A PC exclusives, except very few ones. When questioned, publishers come up with the lame excuse of 'piracy' on the PC, which is so not true because even console games are pirated almost as much as PC games. Consider Tomb Raider, which has been leaked for XBox 360 and PS3 several days ago, but not yet for the PC. We PC gamers are treated as second class citizens. I'm quite certain that when the PS4 and the next XBox arrive, the developers are further going to lose interest in developing for the PC. These buggers write the programming code for their console games on a PC, yet they keep the games away from the PC. Its high time they relaize consoles cannot exist without PCs.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

[QUOTE="pelvist"]

funkyzoom

Something off topic, with respect to your sig. Console gaming is unfortunately NOT dying, although I wish it did. Most multiplats today are primarilily console games which are ported to the PC. Then there are several excellent franchises which are console exclusive (for example Halo, Gears of War, Metal Gear, Red Dead Dedemption etc.). The PC exclusives are almost always Indie games. Hardly do they make triple-A PC exclusives, except very few ones. When questioned, publishers come up with the lame excuse of 'piracy' on the PC, which is so not true because even console games are pirated almost as much as PC games. Consider Tomb Raider, which has been leaked for XBox 360 and PS3 several days ago, but not yet for the PC. We PC gamers are treated as second class citizens. I'm quite certain that when the PS4 and the next XBox arrive, the developers are further going to lose interest in developing for the PC. These buggers write the programming code for their console games on a PC, yet they keep the games away from the PC. Its high time they relaize consoles cannot exist without PCs.

When I was a lad, console gaming was all about bringing the arcade coin-ops into the home. Now ( with the exception of Nintendo consoles ) all you get from them are dumbed down PC games or bastardised franchises that originated from PC. In this respect, console gaming is dying. Aside from a few actual games that tend to be very overhyped, the future of consoles seems only to be heading toward interactive movies and kinect, can we really call that gaming?

Crysis 3 is not that bad.

Crysis Warhead > Crysis1 >> Crysis3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Crysis2

funkyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 funkyzoom

[QUOTE="funkyzoom"]

[QUOTE="pelvist"]

pelvist

When I was a lad, console gaming was all about bringing the arcade coin-ops into the home. Now ( with the exception of Nintendo consoles ) all you get from them are dumbed down PC games or bastardised franchises that originated from PC. In this respect, console gaming is dying. Aside from a few actual games that tend to be very overhyped, the future of consoles seems only to be heading toward interactive movies and kinect, can we really call that gaming?

Crysis 3 is not that bad.

Crysis Warhead > Crysis1 >> Crysis3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Crysis2

I said that in general, and not only with respect to Crysis 3. But I'd certainly want to live to see a day when these consoles lose their importance.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
The first level of the game absolutely sucks. Thankfully it gets a lot better...until the end of the game. :P
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

First level is crap. 2nd and 3rd are the best. After that it pretty much sucks again.

The game has very dull shallow gameplay and a bad story with poor characters, it's basically all for visuals and MP for me

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#20 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

The word I would use to describe it is 'dull' but yea boring fits as well. 

I'm on one of the last two levels and I'm not sure if I'll even bother finishing it. I just don't care about the story at all and the gameplay involves either dodging volleys of perfectly aimed grenades or cloaking between cover. 

There is very little intensity to the combat, compared even to the first two games. I like the openess and varied terrain but the occupants of the levels and the way they behave leaves much to be desired. 

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#21 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

First level is crap. 2nd and 3rd are the best. After that it pretty much sucks again.

The game has very dull shallow gameplay and a bad story with poor characters, it's basically all for visuals and MP for me

seanmcloughlin
The first level of the game absolutely sucks. Thankfully it gets a lot better...until the end of the game. :PKHAndAnime
Well, I disagree. I liked the intro level. Felt like Metal Gear Solid, Deus Ex HR, and Crysis all rolled into one. Some of the levels after that were forgettable.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

the devs need focus more on game play and less on graphics...

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

Elann2008

The first level of the game absolutely sucks. Thankfully it gets a lot better...until the end of the game. :PKHAndAnime
Well, I disagree. I liked the intro level. Felt like Metal Gear Solid, Deus Ex HR, and Crysis all rolled into one. Some of the levels after that were forgettable.

It's nice to look at, didn't care for much else in it though. Did kinda feel like the Tanker mission from MGS2, I'll agree to that. 

I think the grassy level is the most memorable, followed by the dam. After that it's a big downhill fall in level design. They all have something nice to look at though I guess

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jun_aka_pekto

To be honest, I liked the caverns and the flooded city block(s) better. The last two levels before Big Mama showed up.

funkyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 funkyzoom

To be honest, I liked the caverns and the flooded city block(s) better. The last two levels before Big Mama showed up.

jun_aka_pekto

Big mama? Hey hey, no spoilers please! Not even vague ones! Lolz! :P

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

It's better than Crysis 2, which isn't saying much. Still, it's a graphical wonder, and I feel I got my money's worth for that fact alone. Call me a grafix ho, but I've really gotten a kick out of exploring the environments Crytek created.

funkyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 funkyzoom

The word I would use to describe it is 'dull' but yea boring fits as well. 

I'm on one of the last two levels and I'm not sure if I'll even bother finishing it. I just don't care about the story at all and the gameplay involves either dodging volleys of perfectly aimed grenades or cloaking between cover. 

There is very little intensity to the combat, compared even to the first two games. I like the openess and varied terrain but the occupants of the levels and the way they behave leaves much to be desired. 

with_teeth26

Bang on target, mate! 'Dull' would be a much better word to describe Crysis 3 than 'boring'. People critisize Crysis 2 because of its linear levels, but I honestly found Crysis 2 much more enjoyable and fun than Crysis 3 (I'm not mentioning Crysis 1 and Warhead because they were MUCH MUCH better than 2 and 3). I just started with the third level in Crysis 3, and although the second level was better than the first, it was still quite dull. Like someone mentioned, Crysis 3 was surely meant to be a benchmark rather than a fun and enjoyable game.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jun_aka_pekto

[QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

funkyzoom

You're not done yet? Everyone keeps saying it's only 5 hours long. Surely, you'd be done by now. He He. ;)

funkyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 funkyzoom

It's better than Crysis 2, which isn't saying much. Still, it's a graphical wonder, and I feel I got my money's worth for that fact alone. Call me a grafix ho, but I've really gotten a kick out of exploring the environments Crytek created.

psn8214

Crytek just wants to push the limits of hardware, and they're not really concerned about creating a fun game. A pretty looking game which isn't enjoyable doesn't hold my interest. I would never recommend Crysis 3 to anyone at full price. Its worth buying at a sale, though.

funkyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 funkyzoom

[QUOTE="funkyzoom"]

[QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

jun_aka_pekto

You're not done yet? Everyone keeps saying it's only 5 hours long. Surely, you'd be done by now. He He. ;)

I know that, but I'm playing SEVERAL games right now (Painkiller, Hard Reset, Deus Ex Human Revolution and of course Crysis 3) and I divide my time between these games. Since Crysis 3 is kinda dull, I've put in only about an hour into it now.

Mcspanky37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Mcspanky37
Member since 2010 • 1693 Posts
[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

Elann2008

Reminded me of Call of Duty 4, that's about it. I was expecting some sort flood to happen mid-level.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#32 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

First level is the worst one.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 nutcrackr
I enjoyed crysis 2 more as well, despite it's consolation and blur
Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#34 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14499 Posts

The whole game is that way - it really is a total pile of s***

funkyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 funkyzoom

I just started with the fifth level now, and the game is getting better and better! I'm actually enjoying it!

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#36 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
I felt that the game levels got incrementally better up until about the 75% mark, and then the game went downhill. But it gets better than the 1st 20 minutes for sure.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
It gave me the feeling of the first Crysis, a playable tech demo. Crysis 2 was by far my favorite.
--Anna--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 --Anna--
Member since 2007 • 4636 Posts

The game is rather short.  I would wait until it's half price.

mixedplanet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mixedplanet
Member since 2005 • 1215 Posts

I was dissapointed in this game because of its AI. It is pretty dumb.

Overall I had more fun in Crysis 2 than 3. 

MasterNinja49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MasterNinja49
Member since 2008 • 461 Posts

I'm at the end boss of C3 and so far I think it was a beautiful game to look at especially the high grass stalking parts, but gameplay lacks creativety and story is weak. I got C3 for $40 and I feel ok about that as a graphical showpiece.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
Prefer campaign of this one over C1 and especially C2. For this game to be half challenging you gotta play on the hardest difficulty tho but world, art style and enemies are fun. Certainly having much more fun than i did in crappy crysis 2.
MaKillaGorilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MaKillaGorilla
Member since 2011 • 292 Posts

Try eating ****

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I thought it got pretty boring near the end, but from the start right through to the middle of the game it kept me playing and interested to some degree. An average game at best in my opinion but i recommend you at least try to finish it. But on the other hand i have low standards.. i even finished Aliens: Colonial Marines so you might not want to take my advice lol :P

commander1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 commander1122
Member since 2005 • 1165 Posts

yup....after crysis 1.....2 and 3 is just a piss of ****....everything from crysis 1 to 2 seem get disconnected....boring story....boring same gameplay...new alien look boring and...everything get simplified thank to console (only maximum armor now LOL?).....crysis 4 see u in hell

MaKillaGorilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MaKillaGorilla
Member since 2011 • 292 Posts

yup....after crysis 1.....2 and 3 is just a piss of ****....everything from crysis 1 to 2 seem get disconnected....boring story....boring same gameplay......everything get simplified thank to console.....crysis 4 see u in hell

commander1122

Don't blame consoles. blame lazy ass developers. 

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mitu123

I wonder why people call Crysis 1 a tech demo...at least there's more to the game than Crysis 3.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 nutcrackr

I wonder why people call Crysis 1 a tech demo...at least there's more to the game than Crysis 3.

mitu123
C1 was technical marvel at the time, easy target for people with no clue.
ciorlandenis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ciorlandenis
Member since 2012 • 322 Posts

you people forget these companies are run by people wearing suits

cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1842 Posts

Here's Crysis 2 in nutshell for me: "cloaked engaged," headshot--run like a biatch! Then, more "cloaked engaged," headshot--run like a biatch! I looked at some youtube Crysis 3 vids, seems pretty much the same for me. And yes, it was boring as hell. 

Bieberfan147

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Bieberfan147
Member since 2012 • 106 Posts
Crysis is the #1 corny game