cryengine 3 powered MMO(best looking MMO known to men)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GameFan1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 GameFan1983
Member since 2004 • 2189 Posts

Even though I have 0 interest in MMORPGS, but this one seriously is the best looking MMORPG to the known world, want crysis2 graphic in an MMO? well, this is the closest you can get ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8waAGjFWLQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok4_n84GjVI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRa39ykyZgE&feature=player_embedded#!

gameplay

http://mycryengine.com/index.php?conid=69&id=3

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Only 75,000 gamers will be able to run it beautifully. :P
GameFan1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GameFan1983

Only 75,000 gamers will be able to run it beautifully. :PElann2008

?? how did you come up with that #?

NaturalDisplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 NaturalDisplay
Member since 2010 • 548 Posts

Hopefully its not a grindfest

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]Only 75,000 gamers will be able to run it beautifully. :PGameFan1983

?? how did you come up with that #?

I was just joking hehe.
Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Zubinen
Member since 2011 • 2555 Posts

Hopefully its not a grindfest

NaturalDisplay
>Korean MMO. >Not a grindfest Impossibru!
MonsterMMORPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MonsterMMORPG
Member since 2011 • 210 Posts
claiming to be best graphics yet video is not even 1080p
Mr_Ditters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#8 Mr_Ditters
Member since 2008 • 1920 Posts

As a former SWG player, I was spoiled so that I couldn't get into any other mmo's. This (Archeage) is the only one that looks remotely appealing. It looks like it has some things in common with SWG--sandbox, player housing, similar chat system. Its also gorgeous.

Count on the Asian developers to break the WoW mold and do something different. We'll see though.

moviehosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 moviehosii
Member since 2003 • 42 Posts

ArcheAge isn't CryEngine3 game now. We can't see any CE3 feature even latest beta test. And I saw photos of XLGames office(XLGames is developer of ArcheAge), they used CryEngine2 Sandbox2 Editor. They may be using a technology of CE3, but very very few.

Mr_Ditters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mr_Ditters

ArcheAge isn't CryEngine3 game now. We can't see any CE3 feature even latest beta test. And I saw photos of XLGames office(XLGames is developer of ArcheAge), they used CryEngine2 Sandbox2 Editor. They may be using a technology of CE3, but very very few.

moviehosii

This is also what I heard. Still CE2 in an mmo is nice.

SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SystemsGO
Member since 2011 • 1285 Posts
Hm, looks cool.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
ArcheAge needs more support. I mean..look at those ship battles http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8_ZZK2YFdw
gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

As a former SWG player, I was spoiled so that I couldn't get into any other mmo's. This (Archeage) is the only one that looks remotely appealing. It looks like it has some things in common with SWG--sandbox, player housing, similar chat system. Its also gorgeous.

Count on the Asian developers to break the WoW mold and do something different. We'll see though.

Mr_Ditters
TERA is another MMO coming out soon that does guild housing, guild rivalries (there's no factions), realm vs. realm PVP, a player-based political system (ex: king on each server is an actual player who has to be voted in by the server, he can be overthrown at any time), a bounty system (so if some guy ninjas your loot and you have the money you can put a bounty out on him), and best of all the combat isn't the typical "click an enemy to select and auto-attack" mechanism but rather a system that lets you dodge attacks (there's a class that tanks by dodging attacks), aim spells and arrows, actively block attacks, and emphases positioning. It also looks about as good as ArchAge (runs on the Unreal 3 engine) and has the same system requirements as TOR. I played the Japanese beta back in August and found it to be really fun. IMO its the only promising MMO to have come out since WoW.
Mr_Ditters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Mr_Ditters

[QUOTE="Mr_Ditters"]

gameguy6700

TERA is another MMO coming out soon that does guild housing, guild rivalries (there's no factions), realm vs. realm PVP, a player-based political system (ex: king on each server is an actual player who has to be voted in by the server, he can be overthrown at any time), a bounty system (so if some guy ninjas your loot and you have the money you can put a bounty out on him), and best of all the combat isn't the typical "click an enemy to select and auto-attack" mechanism but rather a system that lets you dodge attacks (there's a class that tanks by dodging attacks), aim spells and arrows, actively block attacks, and emphases positioning. It also looks about as good as ArchAge (runs on the Unreal 3 engine) and has the same system requirements as TOR. I played the Japanese beta back in August and found it to be really fun. IMO its the only promising MMO to have come out since WoW.

Cool thanks. I'll be sure to check it out.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#16 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

WoW killer.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NoodleFighter  Online
Member since 2011 • 11797 Posts

Project_D looks better and Crytek have said that they have 20 cryengine 3 liscences with developers working on free to play games.

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

Ah, it's Asian. I couldn't care less now.

GameFan1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GameFan1983

moviehosii

archeage has shifted to CE3 development almost 2 years now,

http://archeage-online.com/post/tag/cryengine-3

since CE3 has all the resource from CE2 and capable of too many thing CE2 can not, XLgamee developers eager to use CE3 to upgrade their post processing, effects, and many other shader quaility over the course and it can't be done without CE3.