Counter Strike: Source Launch/Startup Problem.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Manbirde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Manbirde
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
So today I just bought Counter Strike: Source and installed it, every thing when fine until I tried to launch it. It updated to the latest patch I guess...then I restarted Steam. I startup steam and go to 'My Games' and launch Counter Strike: Source. I get a dialog box saying, "Preparing to launch Counter Strike: Source." Then nothing happens. I checked my processes and hl2.exe is NOT running. And help here? One time I tried and it gave me a hl2.exe error saying there was not enough memory or something which was wrong as I think. Here are my specs, I've ran Counter Strike before on this computer and had no problems worked like a charm and I did a system restore and decided to buy a new Counter Strike for a new Steam account. Vista Home Premium AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ 2 gigs of RAM 222gb hard drive. Nvidia Geforce 6150SE nForce 430. Please help. Regards, Heathcliff
Manbirde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Manbirde
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
...bump
rockzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rockzo
Member since 2009 • 520 Posts

So today I just bought Counter Strike: Source and installed it, every thing when fine until I tried to launch it. It updated to the latest patch I guess...then I restarted Steam. I startup steam and go to 'My Games' and launch Counter Strike: Source. I get a dialog box saying, "Preparing to launch Counter Strike: Source." Then nothing happens. I checked my processes and hl2.exe is NOT running. And help here? One time I tried and it gave me a hl2.exe error saying there was not enough memory or something which was wrong as I think. Here are my specs, I've ran Counter Strike before on this computer and had no problems worked like a charm and I did a system restore and decided to buy a new Counter Strike for a new Steam account. Vista Home Premium AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ 2 gigs of RAM 222gb hard drive. Nvidia Geforce 6150SE nForce 430. Please help. Regards, HeathcliffManbirde

First off dont try to run that game on anything past low-medium settings with that set up. Secondly you should of got in contact with steam customer support, Their alot more helpful then any of us would be.

the_mitch28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 the_mitch28
Member since 2005 • 4684 Posts

Right click on it in steam, goto properties, select the 'Local Files' tab then click 'Verify integrity of game cache'. See if that helps.