This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Zombielvebrainz
Zombielvebrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 Zombielvebrainz
Member since 2010 • 134 Posts

okay please help me. why do i keep getting pwned by these amazing people! they dont even hack! i just sort of die easy! its bs!

Guides below please(^^,)

kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts
Practice. Learn the maps. Learn how to use the guns. understand the tactics for each map, and use it against your enemies.
AleksandarTale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 AleksandarTale
Member since 2007 • 2906 Posts

Practice. Learn the maps. Learn how to use the guns. understand the tactics for each map, and use it against your enemies. kris9031998

This. If you're new to the game you should really practise, maybe even with bots. If you're playing a game online just start " training " with the stronger team, the one that has more members, biiger scores. That's what I used to do. :)

Now I always play against the odds, and I love admiting this, I'm a pro. :D

martinX3X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 martinX3X
Member since 2009 • 4488 Posts

Practice with one gun like the AK.

At first i couldn't kill anyone. but eventually after dying at least 20,000+ times, i got better. Now i'm the king of the world!!!

Amigro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Amigro
Member since 2003 • 737 Posts

- Short bursts/single shots
- crouch
- watch players cams (1st person) when dead to learn
- practice head shots
- despite everyone stating to... do NOT press F10
- practice with M4 or the AK to get started

There are many more tips, but this should get ya started.

Just know this game is completely different from most of the FPSes out there and is for that reason MUCH harder to get in to. Also, you are mostly playing with people that have stuck with the game and have been playing 10+ years. It will suck, but you can get decent at the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
Member since 2008 • 5396 Posts

- Short bursts/single shots
- crouch
- watch players cams (1st person) when dead to learn
- practice head shots
- despite everyone stating to... do NOT press F10
- practice with M4 or the AK to get started

There are many more tips, but this should get ya started.

Just know this game is completely different from most of the FPSes out there and is for that reason MUCH harder to get in to. Also, you are mostly playing with people that have stuck with the game and have been playing 10+ years. It will suck, but you can get decent at the game.

Amigro

By far the funnest thing to tell noobs back in the day (before they put up the yes/no box after pressing it)

klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#7 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

Best advice I can give you is just practice. I've stack endless hours into CS:S and I still consider myself average.

Twisted14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Twisted14
Member since 2007 • 3497 Posts
Practice is all it is really. Stick with one or two guns and one or two maps to learn them and get to know them well. Once you feel comfortable you can move on. Use sound. A headset helps a lot. Once you get to know a map, using sound you can often pinpoint where an enemy is halfway across it. Don't focus too much on using sound to start off with though, get used to actually playing the game first. :P Find a crosshair size and mouse sensitivity that you feel most comfortable with, defaults will probably be fine for a beginner. Also customise the keys if you need to. Most Valve games are very customisable, take advantage of it to help you.
sn4k3_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 sn4k3_64
Member since 2007 • 1134 Posts

I'd say stick with the m4a1 for a while as well, less recoil, less damage but it will be easier to start with. All the tips above are excellent