Can no longer get signal from my wireless access point

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SuddenlyTragic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SuddenlyTragic
Member since 2005 • 976 Posts

Hello everyone, I've got a problem that I hope someone can help out with.

So my gaming PC and PS4 are in the corner of a room of my house that does not pick up a signal from my main router, which is upstairs. However, my MacBook can get a signal so I've been using it as an access point, with it connected to a secondary router. My PC and PS4 have been able to get an excellent signal off this secondary router.

I recently updated and restarted my Mac (although I've done this plenty of other times and it never affected the access point) and now nothing can pick up a signal from the secondary router. I've obviously tried restarting it along with my PC and Mac, but nothing works. Should I just completely reconfigure the access point and is there an easy way to do it (I remember setting this up was kind of a pain in the ass)? Or is there a better method of going about this than using my Mac as an access point?

Thanks in advance.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@SuddenlyTragic said:

Hello everyone, I've got a problem that I hope someone can help out with.

So my gaming PC and PS4 are in the corner of a room of my house that does not pick up a signal from my main router, which is upstairs. However, my MacBook can get a signal so I've been using it as an access point, with it connected to a secondary router. My PC and PS4 have been able to get an excellent signal off this secondary router.

I recently updated and restarted my Mac (although I've done this plenty of other times and it never affected the access point) and now nothing can pick up a signal from the secondary router. I've obviously tried restarting it along with my PC and Mac, but nothing works. Should I just completely reconfigure the access point and is there an easy way to do it (I remember setting this up was kind of a pain in the ass)? Or is there a better method of going about this than using my Mac as an access point?

Thanks in advance.

Why don't you just get a real access point router? As in a range extender.