Call of Duty 4 or the Witcher?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pureskill165

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 pureskill165
Member since 2005 • 39 Posts

Which game should I get. I only have enough money for one and I have a good enough rig to run both at max quality and AA

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19574 Posts

I'd suggest trying out the demo for both and seeing what you like more.

If you like RPGs, though, I can highly recommend The Witcher. It's not for everyone, but I'd still call it the best RPG of the past few years.

Astaroth2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Astaroth2k
Member since 2006 • 877 Posts

The Witcher...save your money and buy a better fps in the future.

Cloud310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Cloud310
Member since 2004 • 401 Posts

It depends on what you like. Those are two very different games and both are good.

johan1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 johan1986
Member since 2003 • 4764 Posts

I would suggest the witcher but that is mostly because I am a singleplayer person mostly

felixiration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 felixiration
Member since 2009 • 433 Posts

I'd say CoD4 if you plan on multiplayer, though I did like the campaign too

Avatar image for Charles_Dickens
Charles_Dickens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Charles_Dickens
Member since 2009 • 1693 Posts

Neither.

Save your money for the most unique title you'll see, or will have seen, in years: The Sims 3.

Brendissimo35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 1

#8 Brendissimo35
Member since 2005 • 1934 Posts

Neither.

Save your money for the most unique title you'll see, or will have seen, in years: The Sims 3.

Charles_Dickens

Hahahah! good one mate.

Buy the Witcher, it's a great RPG, and you'll get much more for your money than CoD4.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

Neither.

Charles_Dickens

I'm sure that by now people know how original and unique Sims 3 is ;). it has some nice new features and a better graphics engine, but it stopped being unique at Sims 1.

Try the demos. If you want a great FPS especially online, get COD 4, if you want a great RPG get Witcher.

sub-raid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 sub-raid
Member since 2006 • 1613 Posts
Call of duty 4
THGarrett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#11 THGarrett
Member since 2003 • 2574 Posts

If you love FPS then COD4, it will give you around 6-8 hours for single player but the multiplayer will last you for far longer if your the online type. Otherwise if you want a long 50+ hour indepth RPG experience, go with The Witcher.

siddarthshetty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 siddarthshetty
Member since 2008 • 9463 Posts

If u like FPS then go for COD 4 if u don't then also buy COD 4 because after playing this u will like FRS...trust me..:P

biltros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 biltros
Member since 2006 • 358 Posts

If u like FPS then go for COD 4 if u don't then also buy COD 4 because after playing this u will like FRS...trust me..:P

siddarthshetty
FTW!
siddarthshetty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 siddarthshetty
????
biltros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 biltros
Member since 2006 • 358 Posts
????siddarthshetty
I think you're right man...That's why i quoted .lol!
siddarthshetty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 siddarthshetty

[QUOTE="siddarthshetty"]????biltros
I think you're right man...That's why i quoted .lol!

:)

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

The Witcher. It will last you much longer than CoD4.

Deadly_Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Deadly_Fatalis
Member since 2006 • 1756 Posts
My vote goes to The Witcher, but both are very good games.
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#19 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

I recommend The Witcher, as it has some replayability. More often than not, shooters are linear (enemies pop-up in the same place, same containers are empty or full).

Charles_Dickens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Charles_Dickens

[QUOTE="Charles_Dickens"]

Neither.

DanielDust

I'm sure that by now people know how original and unique Sims 3 is ;). it has some nice new features and a better graphics engine, but it stopped being unique at Sims 1.

Try the demos. If you want a great FPS especially online, get COD 4, if you want a great RPG get Witcher.

You're displaying your ignorance by writing that. The Sims franchise is continuously evolving in a way that other game just aren't. Take Call Of Duty as an example. The differences between COD 1 and COD 5 are miniscule.

Do you have any idea what's planned for The Sims 3?

You're crazy if you think that The Sims 1 and The Sims 3 are anything alike - we're talking about a sea change here, especially when compared with the so-called 'evolution' of other games.

Naikori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Naikori
Member since 2008 • 565 Posts

IMO, its kinda hard to compare two games of the different genre's.

So, if you like First-Person Shooters, get CoD4. If you like RPG's that are long and enjoyable, get The Witcher.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]

Neither.

Charles_Dickens

You're displaying your ignorance by writing that. The Sims franchise is continuously evolving in a way that other game just aren't. Take Call Of Duty as an example. The differences between COD 1 and COD 5 are miniscule.

You're crazy if you think that The Sims 1 and The Sims 3 are anything alike - we're talking about a sea change here, especially when compared with the so-called 'evolution' of other games.

Say what you want, they're not ground braking, no Sims was after they released the first one. It's not that I hate Sims, I have all of them (except a few expansions) and I'll probably get Sims 3 too at some point (I'll wait for bundles for it's expansions ;)). As I said, it has some nice new features, like a big open city and more customization for both sims and items, a new graphics engine that looks very good and as always it will have new items, that's all, nothing ground breaking, comparing it to games that didn't change much won't make it better so refrain from pointless comparisons.

I'm not ignorant and crazy, I'm just stating the obvious, you're just overreacting and extremely biased. Also, are you one of those people that say Sims is the best in the world just because it has tenths of millions of copies sold?

Charles_Dickens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Charles_Dickens

[QUOTE="DanielDust"] I'm sure that by now people know how original and unique Sims 3 is ;). it has some nice new features and a better graphics engine, but it stopped being unique at Sims 1.

DanielDust

Say what you want, they're not ground braking, no Sims was after they released the first one. It's not that I hate Sims, I have all of them (except a few expansions) and I'll probably get Sims 3 too at some point (I'll wait for bundles for it's expansions ;)). As I said, it has some nice new features, like a big open city and more customization for both sims and items, a new graphics engine that looks very good and as always it will have new items, that's all, nothing ground breaking, comparing it to games that didn't change much won't make it better so refrain from pointless comparisons.

I'm not ignorant and crazy, I'm just stating the obvious, you're just overreacting and extremely biased. Also, are you one of those people that say Sims is the best in the world just because it has tenths of millions of copies sold?

You've missed the boat on this one.

For starters, you've mentioned the improved graphics - actually, I'm not seeing much improvement in this department. I was hoping for quite a bit more. But of course it doesn't take a genius to figure out what's going on here. E.A. has got a major franchise on its hands, and is now dealing with a massive customer base (more so than Halo, Half-Life, and COD combined - easily). This means, naturally, that they have to keep the system requirements to a minimum. It's obvious that the developer was given a mandate: make sure this game runs on a wide range of computers. The sims themselves, and their animations, have been improved upon, but had E.A. been developing this game for the enthusiast market (i.e. us) then we would've seen much greater improvements across the board.

The thing that you didn't mention however is the single biggest change to The Sims!

And of course it's that the entire universe in which you'll be playing is now being simulated - if you've read any of the designer comments, then you'll know that this was a massive undertaking. I don't think people quite understand the enormity of this. If you have a hundred people in your simulated city, for example, then all of those people are going to live their lives independently of yours. They'll grow up, get married, have kids, work, die - the whole shebang. This is an absolutely massive step forward for the series, and I'm kind of surprised that you didn't mention it, or think that it was worth mentioning.

It is THE reason I'll be buying The Sims 3 on day one - to find out if they actually pulled this off (I have inside information that, alas, they didn't). Nevertheless, how you can say that The Sims 2 was anything like The Sims, or that The Sims 3 will be anything like The Sims 2 is just shocking to me. Each of the 3 titles in the series has been a substantial step forward - to repeat myself, more so than any other series in all of gaming.

And to clarify on more thing: I'm not actually all that big of a Sims fan. I'm not. I just think that in an industry in which every blasted game is based upon destruction, and killing, killing, killing, killing, killing... its incredibly refreshing to play a game that's about life, and living. I am so looking forward to spending time with a game in which I don't have to pick up a gun and blow somebody's head off.

aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts

The Witcher, easy.

Charles_Dickens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Charles_Dickens

If I had to choose I'd say The Witcher.

And then I'd add that The Witcher is one of the most over-rated RPGs that's been released in years.

There's no character customization whatsoever in this game. People respond to that by saying, well, that's because you're playing in the role of Geralt, and it wouldn't be The Witcher if you weren't playing as Geralt. And I say who cares! This is an RPG! The whole point of playing an RPG is to customize and create characters. What this means is that if you don't like the look of Geralt, then you're screwed. Of greater consequence however is that if you don't like to play as a melee character, then you're screwed.

Essentially the game has chosen the look of the character for you - and how you're going to play using that character.

What's funny here is that you can invest all sorts of points into different types of combat styles, but in the end you're still just swinging your sword. I found the combat to be simplistic and just downright boring. It's a boring game, really. Not as boring as COD 4 - but boring. Why don't you just buy The Sims 3 in two weeks - now there's an innovative title.

DIMARG00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DIMARG00
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

lol why witcher?have u tried it at least?there are many better rpg out there(fable,elder scroll series,sacred, dungeon siege,fallout and many more....)as for cod is a great fps and u won't regret it if u buy it