Borderlands2 PC or 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rumblewithyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rumblewithyou
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts

just wondering which would be the better gaming xp. PC or Xbox 360??? Or is there any really difference?

thxs

Cataclism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Cataclism
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts
It's an FPS. Therefore, PC.
Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

Lol, are you seriously asking this?

Let's see:

25-30 FPS vs 60+ FPS - The game is really well optimized so most hardware can give you very high frame rates. Higher frame rates = smoother gaming performance and tighter, mroe responsive controls.

SubHD vs 1920z1080 or higher resolution - The game looks a LOT better at higher resolution. The colors and art work "pop" on PC, and look like blurry crap on consoles.

Loading times - PC wins this handily. No contest. PC loading times are super fast.

Texture loading - This engine suffers from serious texture loading/pop-in. It hits every time you enter a new area, or a new object spawns. On PC it's noticeable, but it's no where as bad as on console. ON conle sometimes looking at somehting, turning aroudn and looking at it again will give you texture blur.

Anisotropic filtering and FXAA - PC has 'em consoles don't. this makes a big difference in image quality.

Physx - If you've got an Nvidia card, you cna turn this on without much hit on FPS, and it is pretty awesome. One of the best Physx implementations since the BAtman games. There's fluid simulations, about 1,000 times more debris from firing at things. It's just a thig of beauty.

Finaly mouse and keybaord will always be >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> gamepad, when ti comes to FPS.

JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts
lol you had to ask
Avatar image for deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
Member since 2009 • 7779 Posts

PC, obviously.

NuclearSharkHD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NuclearSharkHD
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
PC is more fun because you have to work harder at aiming :D
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

PC is more fun because you have to work harder at aiming :DNuclearSharkHD
PC version has aim assist just as the consoles do. I think even the console versions can turn off aim assist.

KodiakKoolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 KodiakKoolaid
Member since 2012 • 443 Posts
Get the PC (Definitive) version.
Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

[QUOTE="NuclearSharkHD"]PC is more fun because you have to work harder at aiming :Dheretrix

PC version has aim assist just as the consoles do. I think even the console versions can turn off aim assist.

On 99% of console games, turning off aim assists really means turning off blatant, cheating aim assist. There's still a biug difference in hit boxes, and smaller aim assists vs PC where turning off aim assist really does equal 0 aim assist. And hit boxes on PC are usually a lot tighter.

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ben-Buja
Member since 2011 • 2809 Posts

Let's see:

25-30 FPS vs 60+ FPS - The game is really well optimized so most hardware can give you very high frame rates. Higher frame rates = smoother gaming performance and tighter, mroe responsive controls.

SubHD vs 1920z1080 or higher resolution - The game looks a LOT better at higher resolution. The colors and art work "pop" on PC, and look like blurry crap on consoles.

Loading times - PC wins this handily. No contest. PC loading times are super fast.

Texture loading - This engine suffers from serious texture loading/pop-in. It hits every time you enter a new area, or a new object spawns. On PC it's noticeable, but it's no where as bad as on console. ON conle sometimes looking at somehting, turning aroudn and looking at it again will give you texture blur.

Anisotropic filtering and FXAA - PC has 'em consoles don't. this makes a big difference in image quality.

Physx - If you've got an Nvidia card, you cna turn this on without much hit on FPS, and it is pretty awesome. One of the best Physx implementations since the BAtman games. There's fluid simulations, about 1,000 times more debris from firing at things. It's just a thig of beauty.

Finaly mouse and keybaord will always be >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> gamepad, when ti comes to FPS.

Kinthalis

All of this^ + larger draw distances, you'll see more objects in the distance and less pop ins.

Field of view slider, lets you set the FOV to whatever you prefer, on console you're stuck with whatever value they choose for it.

JohnFifteen12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JohnFifteen12
Member since 2012 • 205 Posts

just wondering which would be the better gaming xp. PC or Xbox 360??? Or is there any really difference?

thxs

rumblewithyou
It all depends on how powerful your PC is, and whether you would prefer to game over Xbox Live with friends. If I had a weak PC I would much rather play it on my 360, but I have a powerful PC so I will be buying it for that (when it goes on sale).
Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

Asking this question in a PC forum, you're bound to get biased results. Not saying I disagree with the reasons everyone has said, but TC, if you're trying to get an unbiased response, you should probably post in another forum.

NuclearSharkHD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NuclearSharkHD
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
This is true, sometimes I find that I'll be aiming at a boss and the bullets will prefer curving to an enemy closer to me who is standing just slightly in front of the boss. It can be irritating at times.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
Member since 2009 • 7779 Posts

The low field of view on the console versions makes it almost unplayable anyways in my opinion. Borderlands 1 on PC was terrible for that also.

8-Bitterness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 8-Bitterness
Member since 2009 • 3707 Posts
Console, consoles have infinite power and the native resolution on the 360 is 3600x2600 so you know you're getting an insane video quality. The 360 runs at 360 frames per second (that is 60 frames per millisecond!!!) and it has 20th Century FOXAA and bloom so good you'll be like a sunflower facing well... the Sun. The field of view is as close as it can be to that of a chameleon (and damn dude, those got like 360° FOV and s***!) You can't go wrong with the 360 version, it is clearly the best and everyone here has been suggesting the PC version cuz the 360 version is so good we have to actually keep it a secret, but I just can't keep it to myself! The world must know!
rumblewithyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rumblewithyou
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts

WOW, would have been easier to say the PC version is better. But thxs for the detailed explanation. You really did put some thought into your words.

I Hope brain cells were not damaged in the process!

thxs

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts
FPS's are usually always better played on a PC unless its a really sloppy console port.
Code135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Code135
Member since 2005 • 892 Posts

thxs

rumblewithyou

Ask your fellow trolls over the internet, I hear your community is quite large :S

P.S. Asking a stupid question the wrong sub-forum - brilliant !

PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts

If you have played the first Borderlands you will get extra skins if you still have the samegame on your system.

It's the reason I went with the pc version; it had my old BL1 save on it.

Also I wanted to be on the safe side performance wise.

Console version has splitscreen though.

And if you plan to play with friends get whatever system they get it on.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#20 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Having played both, PC version is the best. Has pc exclusive features, looks better and runs better.

Lems_R_Tools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lems_R_Tools
Member since 2012 • 247 Posts
Not sure if serious with this question..
Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts
FPS's are usually always better played on a PC unless its a really sloppy console port.bonafidetk
Basically all games are better played on pc if you have a decent rig and the game is a decent port.
Chiddaling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 Chiddaling
Member since 2008 • 9106 Posts

Let's see:

Kinthalis
Just... this. BL2 is beautiful on PC.
TheFatPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 TheFatPerson
Member since 2011 • 1806 Posts

It's an FPS. Therefore, PC.Cataclism

II-Siamak-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 II-Siamak-II
Member since 2012 • 480 Posts
Why do you have to ask this unintelligent question?
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#27 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

You are asking this on the PC board, which is like asking if 9/11 was a conspiracy on a website devoted to conspiracy theories surrounding 9/11. You'll only get one answer.

Anyways, the obvious answer is where your friends are playing, as a co-op title you want to experience it with your friends. If you don't have friends, then really where you are most comfortable since Borderlands is the same game either way and isn't really a graphical powerhouse on PC. That said, the PC version does have some sweet deals on Greenmangaming, often dropping to less then $40, and the physics are supposed to be much sweeter, plus its really well optimized since I was able to enjoy it on the lowest settings with just my APU (I had my GTX 460 RMA'd so I'm waiting on that before I get into it seriously).