Bioshock problem. Major stutter.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zerosaber456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 zerosaber456
Member since 2005 • 1363 Posts

Hey all,

I seem to have this problem and I tried googling and still found no fixes.

When I ran bioshock when it first came out I ran the game on high and it was smooth as silk. No problems whatsoever. I re-isntalled the game last night and now all I get is massive stuttering. The only difference between than and now is that I got a new video card (upgraded from radeon x1950 - radeon 4850). My computer is up to date on the latest drivers.

Any hlep is appreciated.

Please and thanks

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

it seems like alot of people facing the same problem including me. According to a visit in the game's forum unfortunatelly the problem seems to happen randomly and dont know what is causing it and a quick search i did some fixed it by forcing v-sync on in the nvidia control panel ( in your case in ati control panel) others fixed it by installing the latest patch. Unfortunatelly seems the both the problem and solution are random . I still have the problem for 2weeks now and i'm nidway through the game and i cant play the game anymore. I updated my vga drivers the problem remained but not as bad as before ( now i only get stuttering when lots of enemies are on screen)

zerosaber456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 zerosaber456
Member since 2005 • 1363 Posts
So there's no known fix for this?
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts
So there's no known fix for this?zerosaber456
unfortunately from what i've been reading so far no ( this is the first game i had in over 5years that is unplayable )
cryingdevil63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 165

#5 cryingdevil63
Member since 2008 • 158 Posts

Same here,I just got the game,my system specs exceed far beyond the recommended specs,but whenever I'm entering a new area that is behind a door or enenmies appear,I get this very annoying stutter for like 5 seconds untill it stabilizes again,but then again enemies spawn right after that or another behind a door area appears.Very annoying indeed