BF3 gripes...legitemate

• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 demi0227_basic
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts

I play with my wife on BF3 (we both sport pretty rocking computers) and there are so many little things this game could do to avoid frustration:

1) Parties should be on the same team. Autobalancers force us to switch teams as much as play the game. Its absurd. Autobalancers should balance single players, or both members of the party (or more if the party is larger).

2) Hackers. I have seen plenty of people in threads saying there aren't that many cheaters, but every day I get shot behind buildings (granted this can happen with lag discrepencies, but occasionally there are really bullets coming straight through bricks/metal/other unbreakable barricades). Too much rounding a corner for an immediate headshot too. I can say this can happen, but its so often I can't help wondering if a good amount of people use aimbots. Also, shooting a guy at midrange for a clip, getting killed, and seeing their health @ 100% is annoying.

3) Cheap, cheap guns. This forces everybody else to use cheap guns, filling the field with AEKs (not that cheap) to M320s (super cheap) to mortar spam (super duper cheap...free kills with little to no risk of retaliation), USAS+frag=sniper/rocketlauncher/shotgun.

4) Not often, but from time to time vehicles are impossible to lock on to, even when in close range...missiles can't lock on and fire=worthless.

5) Spawn killing is immense in this game compared to many others I've played.

Anywhos...just wanted to complain a bit. This is one point where consoles win generally...I miss Halo's matchmaking and even matches. In BF3, people switch teams to get on the better team, leading to a losing team that switches people like crazy and have no coordination to repel the better team. Additionally...not enough players have a sack, leading to strong rushes for the win! ;) Also, as you all know, too many snipers in the game. Sniping doesn't help so much! Team full of snipers=loss.

Thanks for letting me gripe! Flame away boys and girls...

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I have to say that autobalancers are kind of a necessary evil in the dedicated gameing server world.

MacBoomStick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 MacBoomStick
Member since 2011 • 1822 Posts

My gripes are that it is dumbed down. Vanilla BF2 is much better and with PR, BF3 is just worthless.

demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 demi0227_basic
Oh I agree the autobalancers are necessary! It just sucks when one of us gets kicked to the opposite team as we are in a party. See? We have to spend our first 5-15 minutes trying to get on the same team.
jm92590

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jm92590
Member since 2004 • 375 Posts

I play with my wife on BF3 (we both sport pretty rocking computers) and there are so many little things this game could do to avoid frustration:

1) Parties should be on the same team. Autobalancers force us to switch teams as much as play the game. Its absurd. Autobalancers should balance single players, or both members of the party (or more if the party is larger).

2) Hackers. I have seen plenty of people in threads saying there aren't that many cheaters, but every day I get shot behind buildings (granted this can happen with lag discrepencies, but occasionally there are really bullets coming straight through bricks/metal/other unbreakable barricades). Too much rounding a corner for an immediate headshot too. I can say this can happen, but its so often I can't help wondering if a good amount of people use aimbots. Also, shooting a guy at midrange for a clip, getting killed, and seeing their health @ 100% is annoying.

3) Cheap, cheap guns. This forces everybody else to use cheap guns, filling the field with AEKs (not that cheap) to M320s (super cheap) to mortar spam (super duper cheap...free kills with little to no risk of retaliation), USAS+frag=sniper/rocketlauncher/shotgun.

4) Not often, but from time to time vehicles are impossible to lock on to, even when in close range...missiles can't lock on and fire=worthless.

5) Spawn killing is immense in this game compared to many others I've played.

Anywhos...just wanted to complain a bit. This is one point where consoles win generally...I miss Halo's matchmaking and even matches. In BF3, people switch teams to get on the better team, leading to a losing team that switches people like crazy and have no coordination to repel the better team. Additionally...not enough players have a sack, leading to strong rushes for the win! ;) Also, as you all know, too many snipers in the game. Sniping doesn't help so much! Team full of snipers=loss.

Thanks for letting me gripe! Flame away boys and girls...

demi0227_basic

I find that the majority of my gripes with BF3 can be fixed by playing on a server that does not allow M320, Launchers, or Usas, but then again I'm one of the players who prefers CQC gun on gun action. (I play a lot of Metro, grand bazaar, and Sein crossing) As far as hackers go, I've seen 2 in my almost 60 hours of gameplay. One was last night, an invincible knife only hacker, which was actually quite hilarious, and a wallhack around a month ago. If there are any half decent admins on the servers you play on however, hackers wont be a problem for long.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

My gripes are that it is dumbed down. Vanilla BF2 is much better and with PR, BF3 is just worthless.

MacBoomStick

Everybody always says PR.

PR IS SO GOOD GUYS, WHY CAN'T WE HAVE IT AGAIN.

Does anybody remember that DICE didn't actually make PR? They made BF2 which was also horribly flawed until about a year after launch. So quickly to forget. I guess people just forgot when they were padding their stats with the unkillable BF2 jets.

MythPro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 MythPro1
Member since 2003 • 2746 Posts

[QUOTE="MacBoomStick"]

Wasdie

Everybody always says PR.

PR IS SO GOOD GUYS, WHY CAN'T WE HAVE IT AGAIN.

Does anybody remember that DICE didn't actually make PR? They made BF2 which was also horribly flawed until about a year after launch. So quickly to forget. I guess people just forgot when they were padding their stats with the unkillable BF2 jets.

Yep. BF2 was pretty atrocious at launch and exceedingly unstable. It still is in certain respects.

Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts

1) Keeping parties together is a huge issue with BF3, no idea why developers can't get this right.

2) If you get shot while moving behind cover, it's lag. There are huge issues with client syncing in BF3 that DICE is just ignoring. Players rounding a corner have a significant advantage over a stationary player (due to updating player position). If they kill you before your hits are registered to the server, they'll take no damage (hence 100% health). There's a 0.5-1 second window where the player rounding the corner sees you, but you don't see him. I suggest you watch this video to get an idea of the how bad this issue is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc5o-b6zsYo

(1:45 has best example)

3) USAS+Frag is about the only weapon you listed that's actually cheap (on metro/bazaar only) and it's being nerfed. Mortars are hardly ever used on conquest maps and their effectiveness on Rush maps is being nerfed (even though it's already absurdly hard to kill with them). Also, there hasn't been a FPS game yet where people don't complain about the grenade launcher. It's always nerfed into the ground because people expect to only die by guns (hence, another mortar nerf) when your positioning can make you an easy target for a grenade launcher or smaw. M320 was given to the class that's supposed to dominate infantry combat (assault) and it will dominate you if you choose to engage in the wrong position. The M320 is mostly used for finishing targets anyways. I have yet to see someone running around with the M320 out, since it's not nearly as powerful as other games that implement a grenade launcher. The SMAW is much more powerful than the M320 anyways, so I'm surprised you're complaining about the M320.

4) Certain abilities make it so you can't lock on to vehicles for a certain period of time and something as small as a tree can stop you from locking on to a vehicle.

5) Spawn killing is a result of where you choose to spawn. If you spawn on an squadmate, don't complain that you're dead when you knew you were spawning under fire. As for spawning elsewhere, it's a risk you take to spawn close to the front lines. Yes, a few maps, like Bazaar, have really bad spawn locations, but the larger maps have no issues with this. It sounds like you're mostly playing those smaller maps with more people than intended if you having a lot of run ins with USAS+Frags and spawning issues (these maps were designed for 24 people. Running 64 people will result in bad spawns...)

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#9 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

The game just pisses me off in general. I cant even play it anymore, I just get super angry really fast and don't get any fun out of it. No other games have this effect on me. Except maybe for golf (the real life sport).

It seemed every game I joined, the enemy team was horribly stacked against our team, I would get spawn killed repeatedly, head-shotted from hip-fired LMG's from 50 yards away etc.

demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 demi0227_basic

The game just pisses me off in general. I cant even play it anymore, I just get super angry really fast and don't get any fun out of it. No other games have this effect on me. Except maybe for golf (the real life sport).

It seemed every game I joined, the enemy team was horribly stacked against our team, I would get spawn killed repeatedly, head-shotted from hip-fired LMG's from 50 yards away etc.

with_teeth26
That's the feeling my wife and I get from time to time, though when we are on a good team and rocking it, the reward is great.
demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 demi0227_basic

1) Keeping parties together is a huge issue with BF3, no idea why developers can't get this right.

2) If you get shot while moving behind cover, it's lag. There are huge issues with client syncing in BF3 that DICE is just ignoring. Players rounding a corner have a significant advantage over a stationary player (due to updating player position). If they kill you before your hits are registered to the server, they'll take no damage (hence 100% health). There's a 0.5-1 second window where the player rounding the corner sees you, but you don't see him. I suggest you watch this video to get an idea of the how bad this issue is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc5o-b6zsYo

(1:45 has best example)

3) USAS+Frag is about the only weapon you listed that's actually cheap (on metro/bazaar only) and it's being nerfed. Mortars are hardly ever used on conquest maps and their effectiveness on Rush maps is being nerfed (even though it's already absurdly hard to kill with them). Also, there hasn't been a FPS game yet where people don't complain about the grenade launcher. It's always nerfed into the ground because people expect to only die by guns (hence, another mortar nerf) when your positioning can make you an easy target for a grenade launcher or smaw. M320 was given to the class that's supposed to dominate infantry combat (assault) and it will dominate you if you choose to engage in the wrong position. The M320 is mostly used for finishing targets anyways. I have yet to see someone running around with the M320 out, since it's not nearly as powerful as other games that implement a grenade launcher. The SMAW is much more powerful than the M320 anyways, so I'm surprised you're complaining about the M320.

4) Certain abilities make it so you can't lock on to vehicles for a certain period of time and something as small as a tree can stop you from locking on to a vehicle.

5) Spawn killing is a result of where you choose to spawn. If you spawn on an squadmate, don't complain that you're dead when you knew you were spawning under fire. As for spawning elsewhere, it's a risk you take to spawn close to the front lines. Yes, a few maps, like Bazaar, have really bad spawn locations, but the larger maps have no issues with this. It sounds like you're mostly playing those smaller maps with more people than intended if you having a lot of run ins with USAS+Frags and spawning issues (these maps were designed for 24 people. Running 64 people will result in bad spawns...)

Swiftstrike5
Thanks so much for the video link! My wife and I just watched it, and it makes so much sense. It's still crappy, but it makes sense. I was wondering how this guy killed me with an mp7 like three times the other day with that corner rounding, and I was SO angry that he killed me so fast each time. Each time I use the mp7 its very weak, but now I know he saw me well before my computer showed him to me. Appreciate your feedback.
BoristheBlade1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BoristheBlade1
Member since 2012 • 94 Posts

Party system sucks. If you wante to play with three others there isn't a reason why it should put you on other teams. F all that auto balancing stuff.

Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts
[QUOTE="demi0227_basic"] Thanks so much for the video link! My wife and I just watched it, and it makes so much sense. It's still crappy, but it makes sense. I was wondering how this guy killed me with an mp7 like three times the other day with that corner rounding, and I was SO angry that he killed me so fast each time. Each time I use the mp7 its very weak, but now I know he saw me well before my computer showed him to me. Appreciate your feedback.

BF3 is, without a doubt, one of the most rage inducing games I've ever played. It helps a little bit to know that it's mostly connection issues that result in unusual deaths.
MythPro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MythPro1

I will agree that BF3 can be quite frustrating when you're first starting out. It does get better though. Some of the unlocks help as well as understanding what the enemy is using and how they use it. For instance, I am a big armor player and I used to get very annoyed by all of the Javelin spam. I then realized they rely on lazor spots and I knew to take those out. I also was driving around without the smoke launchers. My life is much better now.

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts

MacBoomStick
Care to elaborate? I don't see how BF3 is dumbed down at all.
MacBoomStick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MacBoomStick
Member since 2011 • 1822 Posts

[QUOTE="MacBoomStick"]

SF_KiLLaMaN

No commander. Small Maps. No VOIP. No Battlerecorder. No mods. Client side hit detection. Blinding sun. No (working) commo-rose

KABCOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KABCOOL
Member since 2009 • 1147 Posts

I just hate how everyone trys to switch to the winning team and it makes it so the losing team has absolutely no chance at all of winning the game.

Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Zubinen
Member since 2011 • 2555 Posts
[QUOTE="MacBoomStick"]

SF_KiLLaMaN

*fart* Some players are upset over Metro being popular as this is all they think of when they hear "Metro": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWmqWGl0vKA&hd=1
synxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 synxz
Member since 2004 • 148 Posts
You bought a 'competitive' fps, all those are what you should expect, especially playing pubs. People are gonna play the way the want. Not sure if there's exclusive servers, which usually remedies explosive spams and uncooperative players. Or play coop instead.
ForsakenWicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 ForsakenWicked
Member since 2008 • 3745 Posts
I agree with point 1. I hate having to wait to be able to play with my buddies while being on the same team. I don't think the hackers issue is actually bad. At least in my experience, I don't recall playing against a single hacker, or, if I did, it wasn't obvious. Regarding weapons and vehicles, I don't have any gripes. Spawn killing only bothers me when it happens on the deployment camp for your team because it doesn't give you many options to fight back yet it is something I can live with as it doesn't happen that often (and when it does, it usually means the team getting spawn camped was playing really bad).
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SF_KiLLaMaN

[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"][QUOTE="MacBoomStick"]

MacBoomStick

No commander. Small Maps. No VOIP. No Battlerecorder. No mods. Client side hit detection. Blinding sun. No (working) commo-rose

Commander was useless 90% of the time anyways. Now's my turn to list it's improvements.

Jets aren't godly, WAY more customization, a better balance of maps (sure they're not all huge, but there are huge maps and smaller maps. there are maps for everyone), Hit detection is way better (IMO), Destructible environments, rewards for things like suppression, snipers aren't ridiculously cheap (no scope movement anyone?).

Of course no VOIP and Mods sucks, but I can live with it because they made a lot of improvements. If anything, they gave the game more depth rather than dumb it down.

My biggest gripe though is with Jets. How the hell am I supposed to level up to get flares and missiles when it is next to impossible to survive without said flares and missiles? I just get shot out of the sky the first 30 seconds I go up. Maybe I just suck, but I find it pretty unfair.

GS550L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GS550L
Member since 2011 • 923 Posts

[QUOTE="MacBoomStick"]

[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"] Care to elaborate? I don't see how BF3 is dumbed down at all. SF_KiLLaMaN

Commander was useless 90% of the time anyways. Now's my turn to list it's improvements.

Jets aren't godly, WAY more customization, a better balance of maps (sure they're not all huge, but there are huge maps and smaller maps. there are maps for everyone), Hit detection is way better (IMO), Destructible environments, rewards for things like suppression, snipers aren't ridiculously cheap (no scope movement anyone?).

Of course no VOIP and Mods sucks, but I can live with it because they made a lot of improvements. If anything, they gave the game more depth rather than dumb it down.

My biggest gripe though is with Jets. How the hell am I supposed to level up to get flares and missiles when it is next to impossible to survive without said flares and missiles? I just get shot out of the sky the first 30 seconds I go up. Maybe I just suck, but I find it pretty unfair.

I think I unlocked flares by ramming my jet into a loaded transport helo :P

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SF_KiLLaMaN

[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"]

[QUOTE="MacBoomStick"] No commander. Small Maps. No VOIP. No Battlerecorder. No mods. Client side hit detection. Blinding sun. No (working) commo-rose

GS550L

I think I unlocked flares by ramming my jet into a loaded transport helo :P

lol. I'll try that next time. :D
Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Zubinen
Wait for the next patch before you give up on it, I have some frustrations with this game, possibly more than with any game I've ever played but I continue on because I generally enjoy playing, and who doesn't like riding roller coasters, the variety in gameplay even within a single match allows one to play as much as they have time to while keeping things fresh. BF games have always had little to no internal testing but we buy it for the game for what it's like 1 year after its release when it's all patched up, and personally I enjoy playing even with all the frustrating moments and balance issues plus "The Patch" is most likely coming by the end of this month. BF3 certainly better be in tip top shape by May since that's when Starhawk(third person combined arms shooter + RTS hybrid) comes out.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Oh I agree the autobalancers are necessary! It just sucks when one of us gets kicked to the opposite team as we are in a party. See? We have to spend our first 5-15 minutes trying to get on the same team.demi0227_basic
Agreed. And we should be able to change our equipment while we wait for the next map to load. That way I don't have to piggy back spawn one of my squadmates to get the first or second flag caps.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

I don't mind getting put on opposite teams when partied with a friend. It just lets me run his ass over with a jeep.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

I don't mind getting put on opposite teams when partied with a friend. It just lets me run his ass over with a jeep.

ChubbyGuy40
With C4 attached for the explosionz.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Honestly I find BF3 to be a bit of a sorry state. There's a lot of good stuff there, and I love the BF series - but the bad gets in the way of my enjoyment far too much, more than any BF game before it by a huge margin. So I've stopped playing it, which isn't great. I'll come back to it once it's not as janky and featuring with teamplay options.
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SF_KiLLaMaN
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]Honestly I find BF3 to be a bit of a sorry state. There's a lot of good stuff there, and I love the BF series - but the bad gets in the way of my enjoyment far too much, more than any BF game before it by a huge margin. So I've stopped playing it, which isn't great. I'll come back to it once it's not as janky and featuring with teamplay options.

Care to elaborate on what "the bad" is?
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"][QUOTE="skrat_01"]Honestly I find BF3 to be a bit of a sorry state. There's a lot of good stuff there, and I love the BF series - but the bad gets in the way of my enjoyment far too much, more than any BF game before it by a huge margin. So I've stopped playing it, which isn't great. I'll come back to it once it's not as janky and featuring with teamplay options.

The netcode issues, the utter lack of teamplay (due to features that support it), the glaring amount of terrible maps, and the worst unlock system that has ever artificially padded a game. And I've played each BF game on launch (bar 1943), from BF1942 to now. Those games had their issues for their respective times, but BF3 has been the tipping point for me. Which is well, super disheartening. I'll come back to it eventually, there's a lot of good stuff there, and Karkand was coincidently a massive improvement on the maps side of things. It's amazing the problems here are predominately down to DICE's decision making in terms of design, and not flakey netcode as in previous Battlefield games. I guess that's why it's such a bother to me.
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SF_KiLLaMaN
[QUOTE="skrat_01"][QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"][QUOTE="skrat_01"]Honestly I find BF3 to be a bit of a sorry state. There's a lot of good stuff there, and I love the BF series - but the bad gets in the way of my enjoyment far too much, more than any BF game before it by a huge margin. So I've stopped playing it, which isn't great. I'll come back to it once it's not as janky and featuring with teamplay options.

The netcode issues, the utter lack of teamplay (due to features that support it), the glaring amount of terrible maps, and the worst unlock system that has ever artificially padded a game. And I've played each BF game on launch (bar 1943), from BF1942 to now. Those games had their issues for their respective times, but BF3 has been the tipping point for me. Which is well, super disheartening. I'll come back to it eventually, there's a lot of good stuff there, and Karkand was coincidently a massive improvement on the maps side of things. It's amazing the problems here are predominately down to DICE's decision making in terms of design, and not flakey netcode as in previous Battlefield games. I guess that's why it's such a bother to me.

I definitely agree with you on teamplay (no VOIP is stupid) I always say, BF3 is more of a team based game than CoD, too bad the fanbase doesn't care. The unlock system is pretty unbalanced where people at higher ranks hold huge advantages over people with lower ranks, especially in vehicles. I also hate how they went all CoD and added unrealistic weapons into the game. You can't f*cking fire an M98 while running, hell, running around with one is next to impossible as the weapon is usually set-up on site it's so heavy. Same thing with the javelin. One person can't carry a Javelin on their back, pull it out, and fire whenever. It usually takes 2 people to use a Javelin from a stationary position. It's small things like those that piss me off about this game, but for some reason, I keep coming back to play it.
cooloutac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 cooloutac
Member since 2008 • 178 Posts

i have alot of issues with bf3. Most of all stacked company 2 and stacked field 3....dont' have an autoblanace.

not an autoblanace like alot of bf2 mods used to have. I mean autokcikcing for baserape...autokicking for vehichle steals....and auto balancing based on scores not just even team numbers.

TEXASTEAMPLAYERS where art thou? bf2 had such a better community. but jus to list some more gripes:

1. the usas-12 gauge shotgun that has become over used...and can hit people long distance across maps. its starting to seem like a hackers fav gun.

2. The fact everytime i get out of a tank...its INTO enemey fire.....not the opposite like in bc2. where you always got out of the tank automatically OPPOSITE of enemy fire, which makes more sense.

3. the fact vehicles repair themeslves??? what?

4. the fact vehicles get disabled? what?

5. and i hate all these bottleneck maps. bgf3 maps are tiny compared to bf2. the only good map is caspian border. the other bf3 maps... are small infantry, lets all bottleneck in this hallway or tunnel for the whole match. most of these conquest matches might as well be rush...

6. The fact there is no two seater jets....like in bf2 :(

eh i can go on and on if i'm gonna start comparing to bf2...i'll stop here.

Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Zubinen
I'd also like if parties were kept on the same team, but there are servers out there that keep parties/clans on the same team so if it's a big deal the option is there( I lone wolf most of the time since my RL friends were whisked away by SWOTOR but I do know how annoying it is since whenever I join with friends we're on enemy teams). The hackers, there are some but your best bet of course is finding well moderated servers, for popular PC games there will always be hackers, but with many dedicated servers to choose from, it is your responsibility to find servers that you can count on to weed them out. Balance issues on BF games always are very extreme at launch due to lack of proper testing however the 12 month period for DICE to iron things out with patches has not passed yet. The auto locking for Stinger/IGLA/Javelin just promotes a lower level of gameplay, I carry rockets since I like blowing up walls, dropping rubble, and being very mobile while taking out ground vehicles(in fact two players on voice using rockets can easily dispatch ground vehicles simply by alternating rpg fire so when one is reloading, the other is firing). I think the largest chunk of complaints will be resolved by the upcoming patch as I've said previously. I actually found the Karkand maps to be a bit lackluster not offering proper vehicle combat like in Caspian Border, Operation Firestorm, or Kharg Island, and yet not offering proper infantry combat like Seine Crossing or Grand Bazaar. The netcode being problematic I certainly agree with, DICE really needs to hire some better engineers. As for the whole thing with realism, BF has always been an arcade style franchise, unless by "realism" you want camping to be more effective :lol:
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SF_KiLLaMaN
I give up on flying jets. It's near impossible to do anything when everyone else has flares and missiles and all I have the the f*cking cannon.
Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Zubinen
I give up on flying jets. It's near impossible to do anything when everyone else has flares and missiles and all I have the the f*cking cannon. SF_KiLLaMaN
You only need 300 points to unlock flares and a short burst from the autocannon can take down jets/helis/infantry and disable MBT/AAV/IFVs, make sure your sensitivity is as low as possible.
SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts
BF3 was a huge disappointment. I got my money worth, and 200 hours of gameplay, but at what cost? I feel like I wasted a lot of time with bugs and disconnections, poor spawns, poor map design, poor hit detection and net code. The support is non-existent, and now they want to release close quarters DLC before they even patch it. The patch notes, must have listed like 200+ bugs they are addressing. WTH! There was a news article from DICE that said they would never charge for maps. And guess what just shortly thereafter we are having DLC forced down our throats. We were told from EA's CEO that they weren't going to try to copy Call of Duty, that they would focus on a quality gaming experience and a good quality game. Is that what you call a game that plays exactly like run-and-gun COD style and has 200+ bugs needing fixed at launch?? EA is ridiculous and has reached a new low. Now they are asking gamers if they will pay for subscription based FPS in Battlefield 4... Haha, wow. I will never be putting a single dollar into EA games again. After reading about Mass Effect 3 being rushed out and left with a poor ending, and SW:TOR getting boring very quickly. I'm so glad I saved my money and didn't buy those games from EA/Bioware.
demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 demi0227_basic
Had the worst 2 games since the game came out this morning. 0-14 between the two...couldn't kill anybody to save my digital life! Then I had a few good games with 10+ kills and only a few deaths. WTH? Also, on Metro, I start hitting a guy maybe 15-20 yards out with my M60E...constant fire as he doesn't see me. I tell my wife, whos computer is next to mine, that I'm shooting at a guy (I have a 7.1 Polk Monitor audio setup, and it was hella loud) and low and behold, I kid you not, 10 SECONDS after, he died. I pumped out over 100 rounds at him. Craziness... Anywhos...it is such a fun game. Its hard when it can be so frustrating from time to time though, because as I have an awesome gamer wife (who is hot too...it makes no sense) I try to play with her. So when she's frustrated, its hard to get into games. In fact though...she's outa the house for a bit, so I'm going to go shoot you guys in the face! Happy gaming!
Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Zubinen
[QUOTE="demi0227_basic"]Had the worst 2 games since the game came out this morning. 0-14 between the two...couldn't kill anybody to save my digital life! Then I had a few good games with 10+ kills and only a few deaths. WTH? Also, on Metro, I start hitting a guy maybe 15-20 yards out with my M60E...constant fire as he doesn't see me. I tell my wife, whos computer is next to mine, that I'm shooting at a guy (I have a 7.1 Polk Monitor audio setup, and it was hella loud) and low and behold, I kid you not, 10 SECONDS after, he died. I pumped out over 100 rounds at him. Craziness... Anywhos...it is such a fun game. Its hard when it can be so frustrating from time to time though, because as I have an awesome gamer wife (who is hot too...it makes no sense) I try to play with her. So when she's frustrated, its hard to get into games. In fact though...she's outa the house for a bit, so I'm going to go shoot you guys in the face! Happy gaming!

LMGs with the exception of the M27 IAR/RPK are just bullet hoses, they're very inaccurate, especially if you fire full auto(fire in bursts other wise the RMB[random bullet deviation] will soar through the roof) and their purpose is to suppress the enemy team to keep them from pushing forward. If you want accurate weapons, use the assault class and throw a silencer on any weapon you use, sticking to the AKM and M16 is recommended.
James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

The problem with BF3 is they tried to make it to serious. Battlefield always had that little bit of relism but over the top stuff happened. Like choppers crashed right over your head, our your drive a jeep with c4 in a tank, or that plane just crashed into a tank. The crazy stuff that happened in bf made it fun.

That what made battlefield those OMG momments, bf3 just tried to be Cod with a touch of Arma and thats just not what people love.

Avatar image for deactivated-635601fd996cc
deactivated-635601fd996cc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 deactivated-635601fd996cc
Member since 2009 • 4381 Posts

The problem with BF3 is they tried to make it to serious. Battlefield always had that little bit of relism but over the top stuff happened. Like choppers crashed right over your head, our your drive a jeep with c4 in a tank, or that plane just crashed into a tank. The crazy stuff that happened in bf made it fun.

That what made battlefield those OMG momments, bf3 just tried to be Cod with a touch of Arma and thats just not what people love.

James161324
You can still do that. Next!
Avatar image for deactivated-5d98e9b222525
deactivated-5d98e9b222525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5d98e9b222525
Member since 2008 • 162 Posts

I bought this the other day in the Origin sale but after 2 days play I am close to quitting for good.

Why the F is it mouse wheel down to switch to pistol? That is the most counter intuitive thing ever.

The mini map is close to useless and the spawn map does not give the correct information. If I click on a squadmate it doesn't tell me where he is on the map, how I am supposed to know what I'm spawning into? I've spent ages staring at the map trying to find some indicator that shows my guy.

This leads to a soul destroying cycle of spawn die spawn die.

Mortar spam.

Battlelog in general is awful - I click to search infantry only maps and it brings up air maps, ace air maps, flying maps only, etc.

Where the hell is everyone? In the larger maps I have to check that there are actually 64 players in the game because I can go 5 minutes without seeing an enemy.

Hopefully some of these issies will be addressed in patches but I so far it's not half the game Bad Company 2 is.

James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

[QUOTE="James161324"]

ocstew

You can still do that. Next!

O yes be a fan boy. I'm not saying you can't but that stuff in the 40 sometime hrs i played rarely happened. Plus they ruined rush.

Tixylixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Tixylixx
Member since 2011 • 312 Posts

Just love how they didn't release an SDK so they could release all these maps and charge instead of getting the community involved with an SDK, so they could make their own maps and mods. Funny thing is mods sell games, more people bought BF1942 for DC mod more than the original game, so many people bought HL so they could play CS. People bought UT04 for Red Orchestra and BF2 for Project reality and custom maps is what sold most FPS games out today, they even created a genre with DOTA.

This is why I wont support DICE, they're more interested in getting a cheap buck, rather than building a game for the community.

MythPro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MythPro1

Don't play Metro. Map was made for the CoD people. Play maps with vehicles! Gulf of Oman is fantastic.

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SF_KiLLaMaN

I bought this the other day in the Origin sale but after 2 days play I am close to quitting for good.

Why the F is it mouse wheel down to switch to pistol? That is the most counter intuitive thing ever.

The mini map is close to useless and the spawn map does not give the correct information. If I click on a squadmate it doesn't tell me where he is on the map, how I am supposed to know what I'm spawning into? I've spent ages staring at the map trying to find some indicator that shows my guy.

This leads to a soul destroying cycle of spawn die spawn die.

Mortar spam.

Battlelog in general is awful - I click to search infantry only maps and it brings up air maps, ace air maps, flying maps only, etc.

Where the hell is everyone? In the larger maps I have to check that there are actually 64 players in the game because I can go 5 minutes without seeing an enemy.

Hopefully some of these issies will be addressed in patches but I so far it's not half the game Bad Company 2 is.

StormtrooprDave
lmao. You mad that it's not as small as BC2? Either way, it DOES show your squad mates on the map so you know where you're spawning. The spawn and die cycle is probably because you suck at the game. I die a lot, but I sure as hell don't fault the game. Mortars are kinda lame but I haven't run into many people using them. And yes, the filters are simply broken. I can filter for conquest and get 10 64 player servers, but if I filter for conquest and 64 player maps, I get 2 empty servers, it needs to be fixed. If you can't find anyone in one of the maps, either you spawned way away from the action or you're in an empty server. It's as simple as that.
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SF_KiLLaMaN

Just love how they didn't release an SDK so they could release all these maps and charge instead of getting the community involved with an SDK, so they could make their own maps and mods. Funny thing is mods sell games, more people bought BF1942 for DC mod more than the original game, so many people bought HL so they could play CS. People bought UT04 for Red Orchestra and BF2 for Project reality and custom maps is what sold most FPS games out today, they even created a genre with DOTA.

This is why I wont support DICE, they're more interested in getting a cheap buck, rather than building a game for the community.

Tixylixx
Didn't realize we were entitled to mods. Are the other 99% of games that don't come with an SDK made by money hungry thieves as well?
shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts

with_teeth26
Pretty much this. I regret paying $60 for this game.
Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Zubinen

Tixylixx
Valve makes their games with the Source game engine only and it's more/less the same with other games that get mod tools, however since BF3 uses licensed middleware we clearly knew we wouldn't be getting mods months before its release.