Best MMO on the market right now?

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

Ok, I'm in the market for an MMO and I'm having trouble wading through all of them because this usually isn't my genre. There are a few caveats I have which make finding a game hard:

-No hotkey combat. I can't stand the slow pace of them and the only one of the lot that felt natural at all was Guild Wars 2, which was still clunky sometimes. 

-Being able to move while casting. Neverwinter and Tera is pretty close to what I want, but playing a mage sucks on account of being rooted while casting.

-It would be awesome if the game had some interesting meta-story. Not really needed, but at least its a nice change from the terrible filler quests.

To date the only MMOs I've really liked are:

Guild Wars 2: The game has pretty much everything I like in an MMO, outside of good solo story stuff. Played this one to death at launch so its gonna be a while before I could boot this up again.

D&D Online: The feel of the dungeons and the number crunching made the game really compelling for me. Played this one to death a couple of times now.

Lord of the Rings Online: The combat majorly sucked in this one, but the world and questlines more then made up for it. Was nice for a one time through, but I could never see myself going back to it.

As of right now the only one I've found that looks good is Dragon's Prophet, and that is in closed beta.

Emraldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Emraldo
Member since 2004 • 1959 Posts

I don't think what you want is an MMO. I can't even think of a game that lets you cast spells while moving. Well, except Avencast where moving IS how you cast spells.

Deadpool-n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Deadpool-n
Member since 2012 • 489 Posts

If you are a fan of super heroes, you might really like DC Universe Online then. It feels like a mix of an action game and mmo. It's free, so see if you like it.

WinsteadVolve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 WinsteadVolve
Member since 2011 • 366 Posts

LOTRO and DC Universe Online are superb games, hours of gameplay, beyond expectancy.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

No hotkey combat.

Whiteblade999
Is that even possible?
Falconoffury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Falconoffury
Member since 2003 • 1722 Posts

-Being able to move while casting. Neverwinter and Tera is pretty close to what I want, but playing a mage sucks on account of being rooted while casting.

Whiteblade999

On this point alone, I recommend Darkfall Unholy Wars. It has true twitch combat. The caveat is that PvP is not optional. The starter areas are safe from PvP, but most of the world is unsafe. It has some issues and pains because it just came out last month, but it has tons of potential.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

I played so far WoW, SWTOR, The Secret World and Neverwinter, and Mists of Pandaria is the best due to the fact WoW keeps been the biggest MMO today nad because of Pet battles which is like Pokemon game. You travel all over WoW world collecting rare species. This is what makes WoW the best MMO for me.

Assimilat0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 Assimilat0r
Member since 2011 • 767 Posts

Ok, I'm in the market for an MMO and I'm having trouble wading through all of them because this usually isn't my genre. There are a few caveats I have which make finding a game hard:

-No hotkey combat. I can't stand the slow pace of them and the only one of the lot that felt natural at all was Guild Wars 2, which was still clunky sometimes. 

-It would be awesome if the game had some interesting meta-story. Not really needed, but at least its a nice change from the terrible filler quests.

To date the only MMOs I've really liked are:

Guild Wars 2: The game has pretty much everything I like in an MMO, outside of good solo story stuff. Played this one to death at launch so its gonna be a while before I could boot this up again.

D&D Online: The feel of the dungeons and the number crunching made the game really compelling for me. Played this one to death a couple of times now.

Lord of the Rings Online: The combat majorly sucked in this one, but the world and questlines more then made up for it. Was nice for a one time through, but I could never see myself going back to it.

As of right now the only one I've found that looks good is Dragon's Prophet, and that is in closed beta.

Whiteblade999

Well i played over 30 + - MMO RPGs, And in this moment if Guild Wars 2 isnt your game try RIFT, i played it for more then 1 year, it has all except combat is kinda static, they tried to make it somehow , but still you are moving trowing spells if you play caster class, and for greater spells you need to chanel it.

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts

I think all MMORPG's have hotkey combat. Isnt that the basic staple of the genre? I do remember though that Warhammer online is all about casting and moving.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58533 Posts

I will just recommend my favorites, which are:

SWTOR (currently playing)

WoW (retired, but a 6+ year "vet")

EVE Online (hope to go back to someday and play for reals) 

Sorry if this doesnt meet your criteria, but it is hard to recommend a game when you go "I want an MMO, except it cant be an MMO" :P

Oh yeah and Planetside 2 is pretty fun, too

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

I don't think what you want is an MMO. I can't even think of a game that lets you cast spells while moving. Well, except Avencast where moving IS how you cast spells.

Emraldo
This ..... his original post pretty much ruled out 95% of the genre. You clearly don't want an MMO, and if your favourite list contains GW2 ... thats even more proof as its shallow as sin. D&D was BLEH. NWN has decent combat but is forgettable .... and you are rooted while casting. D&D was god awful. Sounds like you want action RPGs ..... which is CRAP for MMOs because like Guild Wars, Tera and the other half-breeds that try to do it, they end up being shallow experiances not befitting MMO's desire to be long lasting. Maybe TESO (The Elder Scrolls Online) will provide an experiance more inline with your views .... but other than that, doesn't sound like a genre you actually want.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58533 Posts

[QUOTE="Emraldo"]

MBirdy88

This ..... his original post pretty much ruled out 95% of the genre. You clearly don't want an MMO, and if your favourite list contains GW2 ... thats even more proof as its shallow as sin. D&D was BLEH. NWN has decent combat but is forgettable .... and you are rooted while casting. D&D was god awful. Sounds like you want action RPGs ..... which is CRAP for MMOs because like Guild Wars, Tera and the other half-breeds that try to do it, they end up being shallow experiances not befitting MMO's desire to be long lasting. Maybe TESO (The Elder Scrolls Online) will provide an experiance more inline with your views .... but other than that, doesn't sound like a genre you actually want.

Diablo 3 would likely be the next best thing, then.  Or Torchlight 2!

THGarrett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#13 THGarrett
Member since 2003 • 2574 Posts

World of Warcraft is really the only MMO that brings me back every once in a while. 

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

[QUOTE="Emraldo"]

MBirdy88

Well technically D&D Online isn't an MMO, neither is Neverwinter, since they both take place in hub towns with instanced areas and not a wide open world. I included it because everyone and their brother calls it an MMO and I liked it.

I actually agree with the bolded part, MMOs typically aren't my thing. With the release of Guild Wars 2 I figured the genre was finally making games that appeal to someone like me, so I've been looking on and off since I stopped playing in October. 

Action RPGs are usually a chore since they are isometric diablo clones and I'm quickly starting to hate isometric RPGs outside of party based ones. Suggestions for some third person action RPGs would work too I guess.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Its a tough market now, MMORPG's are money printers for most companies, and the technology just isn't there to support heavily physics based graphical action games.... also, designing a large scale multiplayer game around action elements is near impossible to balance and gets messy with lots of players, to counter this developers are going the GW2/TESO/TERA/NWO where you are limited to a small set of actions but feels more like an action game (to some degree) this alienate actual MMORPG fans because the combat is so shallow that solo play and group play is heavily effected by those that need to solo and those that need to group. The inudstry has become a mess of "mass appeal" thanks to World of Warcraft's ridiculous level of success, the concept of an action/physics based "Multiplayer ElderScrolls type game" where you are in an open virtual world are completely DEAD thanks to this. the only MMORPG (DarkFall Online) to even attempt this in the modern age of EQ style mmo spam is a low product MMORPG that has great ideas but is very niche and the low production values make it not very fun to play.... I have grown tired of isometrict grind fests aswell, use to love them. I bought into the hype of all these crappy hybrid mmos (GW2/TERA ect) aswell, but now that I have played both sides of the field.... the number based tab gameplay is soooooooooo much better.... for depth reasons... and ironically can often be more reaction/skill based due to unforgiving number punishments than those action games. If you have a lot of free time (since its heavy on the grind) darkfall online .... but other than that I really cannot think of anything =/ Its hotkey combat (which is good, people are just getting abit tired of it I think) or the highway.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Oh, and don't buy into the "No Holy TRinity Hype" ... it really is crap in comparison.... GW2 proved this by being a half-dead game.
Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 Squeets
Member since 2006 • 8185 Posts

You can cast while moving as a Shaman or Warlock on WoW :P  I think Fire Mages can as well, but f-ck if I know.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#18 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Oh, and don't buy into the "No Holy TRinity Hype" ... it really is crap in comparison.... GW2 proved this by being a half-dead game.MBirdy88
I agree. I don't get MMOs that "don't have healing" or "healing class." Makes no sense. Even in The Secret World, you can heal. Healing class is one of the funnest, if not the most important class to play aside from the Tank. In GW2, my guardian is useless in pvp and dungeons. I feel like it has no viable purpose. It's too weak to "tank" or "heal." It does crap damage in PVP, and barely makes it as a support class spamming cheap abilities.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]Oh, and don't buy into the "No Holy TRinity Hype" ... it really is crap in comparison.... GW2 proved this by being a half-dead game.Elann2008
I agree. I don't get MMOs that "don't have healing" or "healing class." Makes no sense. Even in The Secret World, you can heal. Healing class is one of the funnest, if not the most important class to play aside from the Tank. In GW2, my guardian is useless in pvp and dungeons. I feel like it has no viable purpose. It's too weak to "tank" or "heal." It does crap damage in PVP, and barely makes it as a support class spamming cheap abilities.

"Buh Buh mu dungeon queus will be longer :cry:" I agree, I even want to see more "pure support" classes in games again...." this whole "I can dPS, dodge, tank and heal myself as any class" really is utter tripe.
vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#20 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]Oh, and don't buy into the "No Holy TRinity Hype" ... it really is crap in comparison.... GW2 proved this by being a half-dead game.Elann2008

I agree. My 80 Guardian is the most underwhelming class in the game for me. It could have been SO much better in the support area.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
well if you're taking a break from GW2, i really can't think of anything else to suggest :P

i could list a ton of reasons why this post is wrong (guardian is actually a top tier class for both dungeons and PvP), but i know better than to bother defending GW2 in this board.
CptnOatmeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 CptnOatmeal
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
If your looking for something a little different you should check out Face of Mankind. FoM has been around since 2004 and has received several updates and tweaks along the way. The game is set in a dark futuristic universe where mega corporations, clans and corrupt government factions rule the galaxy. Players choose one of 8 player run factions and fight for resources, wealth and influence. Everything in the game is player created and player run. The factions have elected leadership that sets policy, declares war and peace etc. FoM is a 3rd person shooter mmo with a rich combat system, everything is skill based and nothing prescripted. FoM is currently undergoing a full redesign to allow for even more player freedom. Players will soon be abke to create their own factions, control territory, set taxes and build their own interstellar empires with the help of their friends. You can check out the kickstarter at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nexeon/face-of-mankind-fall-of-the-dominion
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Elann2008
well if you're taking a break from GW2, i really can't think of anything else to suggest :P[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="MBirdy88"]Oh, and don't buy into the "No Holy TRinity Hype" ... it really is crap in comparison.... GW2 proved this by being a half-dead game.BrunoBRS

i could list a ton of reasons why this post is wrong (guardian is actually a top tier class for both dungeons and PvP), but i know better than to bother defending GW2 in this board.

Sure, on paper, but in practice, it's still a snooze-fest. Yay.. 5 main skills to spam. Boring. The shield on the Guardian is basically a "prop." There is no tanking and healing in this game. Holy trinity is important and it shouldn't be ignored.
Falconoffury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Falconoffury
Member since 2003 • 1722 Posts

I'm telling you guys, don't be quick to dismiss Darkfall Unholy Wars. It certainly has roughness here and there, but it has some amazing battles. This combat system is the kind of future I see for the MMORPG industry. As hardware, software, and network technology moves forward, more physics and twitch combat will be possible. Just look at this siege video from last night. Aventurine has done some impressive work with this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3vMohtQtPI

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]well if you're taking a break from GW2, i really can't think of anything else to suggest :P[QUOTE="Elann2008"] I agree. I don't get MMOs that "don't have healing" or "healing class." Makes no sense. Even in The Secret World, you can heal. Healing class is one of the funnest, if not the most important class to play aside from the Tank. In GW2, my guardian is useless in pvp and dungeons. I feel like it has no viable purpose. It's too weak to "tank" or "heal." It does crap damage in PVP, and barely makes it as a support class spamming cheap abilities.

Sure, on paper, but in practice, it's still a snooze-fest. Yay.. 5 main skills to spam. Boring. The shield on the Guardian is basically a "prop." There is no tanking and healing in this game. Holy trinity is important and it shouldn't be ignored.

i find it much more interesting when the group ranger has to lay a water field and my thief uses it to blast heals to the whole party (as long as they get there), while someone else uses crowd control on the boss than "dps keeps mashing his macro, tank keeps mashing his macro, healer facerolls heals on tanks, blame healer if fail".
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#26 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

I may be spoiled on traditional MMO's, but ones like GW2 that don't have dedicated roles, like healer, tank, etc just seem very odd to me.
jaay55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jaay55
Member since 2007 • 205 Posts

[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="MBirdy88"]Oh, and don't buy into the "No Holy TRinity Hype" ... it really is crap in comparison.... GW2 proved this by being a half-dead game.Allicrombie

I may be spoiled on traditional MMO's, but ones like GW2 that don't have dedicated roles, like healer, tank, etc just seem very odd to me.

I feel the same. I ran the first instance in GW2, i think it was ascalonian catacombs and everything felt like pure chaos. No one knows what to do, there is no real aggro system other than the enemy cycling who to attack for a couple of seconds and switching over. I quit that game. I was looking for something more traditional i guess. Playing everquest 2 for the first time just to have something to play until ARR

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 vfibsux

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="Elann2008"] I agree. I don't get MMOs that "don't have healing" or "healing class." Makes no sense. Even in The Secret World, you can heal. Healing class is one of the funnest, if not the most important class to play aside from the Tank. In GW2, my guardian is useless in pvp and dungeons. I feel like it has no viable purpose. It's too weak to "tank" or "heal." It does crap damage in PVP, and barely makes it as a support class spamming cheap abilities. jaay55

I feel the same. I ran the first instance in GW2, i think it was ascalonian catacombs and everything felt like pure chaos. No one knows what to do, there is no real aggro system other than the enemy cycling who to attack for a couple of seconds and switching over. I quit that game. I was looking for something more traditional i guess. Playing everquest 2 for the first time just to have something to play until ARR

Agreed. Dungeons in GW2 were terrible. I really enjoyed leveling my two 80's but otherwise the game was a disappointment for me. No crowd control, healing, or tanking, just mobs aggroing all over everyone it seems. I could save the day every 5 minutes or so with a banner rez from my warrior, other than that just everyone dps/buff/debuff/throw your crappy heals around and hope for the best.
dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dramaybaz
Member since 2005 • 6020 Posts
IT may not be the same as it was, but WoW is still the best when it comes to MMOs.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] i could list a ton of reasons why this post is wrong (guardian is actually a top tier class for both dungeons and PvP), but i know better than to bother defending GW2 in this board.BrunoBRS

i find it much more interesting when the group ranger has to lay a water field and my thief uses it to blast heals to the whole party (as long as they get there), while someone else uses crowd control on the boss than "dps keeps mashing his macro, tank keeps mashing his macro, healer facerolls heals on tanks, blame healer if fail".

YEa because skill combos is not possible with holy trinity :roll: *looks at FF11 and FF14.

FF11's skill combos made GW2's look like watered down uneccesary weak actions that most people dont even bother doing .... OH WAIT thats exactly what they are!

oh and I wouldn't say "No point in defending GW2 on this board" I would say "No point in defending it anywhere outside of its official forums" because the reality is its a shallow game and most MMO gamers see it that way.

You would rather very situational combos that feel weak compared to people actually being able to pick rolls and not all spam damage and their 1-2 healing skills? im sorry.... whatever floats your boat, but its ALOT more mindless.

Dont try and say "mindlessly spamming healing macro" when a Tank, DPS and Healer's in most other games press ALOT more buttons than ANY character does on Guild Wars ... and has alot more variety.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Elann2008"] Sure, on paper, but in practice, it's still a snooze-fest. Yay.. 5 main skills to spam. Boring. The shield on the Guardian is basically a "prop." There is no tanking and healing in this game. Holy trinity is important and it shouldn't be ignored.MBirdy88

YEa because skill combos is not possible with holy trinity :roll: *looks at FF11 and FF14.

FF11's skill combos made GW2's look like watered down uneccesary weak actions that most people dont even bother doing .... OH WAIT thats exactly what they are!

oh and I wouldn't say "No point in defending GW2 on this board" I would say "No point in defending it anywhere outside of its official forums" because the reality is its a shallow game and most MMO gamers see it that way.

You would rather very situational combos that feel weak compared to people actually being able to pick rolls and not all spam damage and their 1-2 healing skills? im sorry.... whatever floats your boat, but its ALOT more mindless.

Dont try and say "mindlessly spamming healing macro" when a Tank, DPS and Healer's in most other games press ALOT more buttons than ANY character does on Guild Wars ... and has alot more variety.

i'm sorry, i can't hear you over the sound of how awesome GW2 is.
MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts
EVE online,it´s the one where the things you do actually matter,unlike all those WoW/Everquest types we get 99% of the time.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Elann2008

I may be spoiled on traditional MMO's, but ones like GW2 that don't have dedicated roles, like healer, tank, etc just seem very odd to me.Allicrombie
Same here, Allie.
I feel the same. I ran the first instance in GW2, i think it was ascalonian catacombs and everything felt like pure chaos. No one knows what to do, there is no real aggro system other than the enemy cycling who to attack for a couple of seconds and switching over. I quit that game. I was looking for something more traditional i guess. Playing everquest 2 for the first time just to have something to play until ARRjaay55

Yup.  That's another thing, no aggro system.  So, "let's dodge-roll" instead and pray you live, without any real healing.  All else fails, run and escape, and reset the boss or whatever.  It's not a good kind of chaos where things are challenging,  It's poor design.

Kuromino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

User Lists: 9

#34 Kuromino  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 1602 Posts

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] i find it much more interesting when the group ranger has to lay a water field and my thief uses it to blast heals to the whole party (as long as they get there), while someone else uses crowd control on the boss than "dps keeps mashing his macro, tank keeps mashing his macro, healer facerolls heals on tanks, blame healer if fail".BrunoBRS

i'm sorry, i can't hear you over the sound of how awesome GW2 is.

All I see is someone who is getting very upset that someone has a different opinion on a game they do and is doing everything they can to convince people the game is factually bad and everyone who enjoys the game is wrong.  Seriously, the OP was looking for suggestions on some great MMOs.  He briefly mentioned that he really enjoyed Guild Wars 2 and now this thread is a Guild Wars 2 bashing thread.

I've only played FFXI, WoW, GW1 and GW2.  Final Fantasy 11 was alright, but I really enjoyed the others.  Can't really comment much on all the other MMOs out there.  All I can recommend is not listening to certain people here, as they clearly have different tastes than yourself.  Find those who enjoyed the majority of games you listed and see what they recommend.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Elann2008

[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] i could list a ton of reasons why this post is wrong (guardian is actually a top tier class for both dungeons and PvP), but i know better than to bother defending GW2 in this board.BrunoBRS

Fair enough mate. A good thing about the MMO market is that there's an MMO for everyone, sorta speak. If you're enjoying GW2, more power to you. I just think that if GW2 was a pay-monthly MMO, people would be singing a different tune (of course not you, but others).

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Elann2008"] Sure, on paper, but in practice, it's still a snooze-fest. Yay.. 5 main skills to spam. Boring. The shield on the Guardian is basically a "prop." There is no tanking and healing in this game. Holy trinity is important and it shouldn't be ignored.Elann2008

Fair enough mate. A good thing about the MMO market is that there's an MMO for everyone, sorta speak. If you're enjoying GW2, more power to you. I just think that if GW2 was a pay-monthly MMO, people would be singing a different tune (of course not you, but others).

if GW2 was monthly, i wouldn't be playing, because monthly fees are stupid. GW2 is living proof of it.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

I'm telling you guys, don't be quick to dismiss Darkfall Unholy Wars. It certainly has roughness here and there, but it has some amazing battles. This combat system is the kind of future I see for the MMORPG industry. As hardware, software, and network technology moves forward, more physics and twitch combat will be possible. Just look at this siege video from last night. Aventurine has done some impressive work with this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3vMohtQtPI

Falconoffury

Looks awesome. I wish Darkfall would become the future of MMOs. It's great to see an ambitious MMORPG take a crap on the abundance of cookie cutter MMORPGs. Sadly we're stuck in a world where all people want is classes, cinematic raids, and absolutely no penalty for any wrong-doing whatsoever. Stick'em in the skinner box and they think they're playing a great game or something. :lol:

Kopogero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Kopogero
Member since 2010 • 149 Posts

There is no MMO avaliable on the market worthy enough for monthly sub. WOW comes as best option, but their greed and fees for all services that come with it on top of monthly sub and paying for expansion is unacceptable.

A game based on team work both in PvP and raiding, while doing nothing to improve the population and merge servers or give players free account transfers occasionally...Greed will be the death of WOW.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts
if you liked D&D online you will like Neverwinter.... almost the same game.
True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#40 True_Sounds
Member since 2009 • 2915 Posts

Dota 2 or any other MOBA lets you cast spells without being rooted.  And there is grinding and pvp which is close to what you're looking for.

ciorlandenis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ciorlandenis
Member since 2012 • 322 Posts

once upon a time in WoW....

I join a dungeon, get inside the instance, check out my group, druid tank, pala healer, rogue/hunter and me (mage). nice

druid switches to boomkin form and starts dps'ing the mobs(WTF???? BOOMKIN?? OMG HE CAN"T TANK WTF?!?!). hunter lays down traps, rogue stunlocks an enemy mage, I sheep one and frost nova some melee. we proceeded to do this the entire instance. no tanking, just CC and playing smart.

IT WAS THE BEST DUNGEON EXPERIENCE EVER. IF YOU LIKE THE "TRADITIONAL" ( READ: RETARDED AND BORING) METHOD IN WHICH ONE GUY PRACTICALY DOES ALL THE WORK ( THE TANK) SINCE HE HAS TO KEEP AGGRO ON A LOT OF MOBS WHILE REST JUST SPAM 1-2-3 MACROS, I ADVISE YOU TO ABSTAIN FROM EVER STATING YOUR OPINIONS ON GAMING.

that was 3-4 years ago but I still remember fondly the moment druid went boomkin and started nuking the mobs and we all just jumped in and did our parts, nobody whined or anything.

that was back in the day when men were men and the women loved it

Avatar image for GamingVengeance
GamingVengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 GamingVengeance
Member since 2012 • 1874 Posts
[QUOTE="ciorlandenis"]

I join a dungeon, get inside the instance, check out my group, druid tank, pala healer, rogue/hunter and me (mage). nice

druid switches to boomkin form and starts dps'ing the mobs(WTF???? BOOMKIN?? OMG HE CAN"T TANK WTF?!?!). hunter lays down traps, rogue stunlocks an enemy mage, I sheep one and frost nova some melee. we proceeded to do this the entire instance. no tanking, just CC and playing smart.

IT WAS THE BEST DUNGEON EXPERIENCE EVER. IF YOU LIKE THE "TRADITIONAL" ( READ: RETARDED AND BORING) METHOD IN WHICH ONE GUY PRACTICALY DOES ALL THE WORK ( THE TANK) SINCE HE HAS TO KEEP AGGRO ON A LOT OF MOBS WHILE REST JUST SPAM 1-2-3 MACROS, I ADVISE YOU TO ABSTAIN FROM EVER STATING YOUR OPINIONS ON GAMING.

that was 3-4 years ago but I still remember fondly the moment druid went boomkin and started nuking the mobs and we all just jumped in and did our parts, nobody whined or anything.

Geminon
your penis is abnormally small.

lol i laughed way harder than i should of at that
Avatar image for GamingVengeance
GamingVengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 GamingVengeance
Member since 2012 • 1874 Posts
anyone here in the dragons prophet beta? sounds pretty cool from what iv read, just wondering if i should buy into the beta
Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Geminon
anyone here in the dragons prophet beta? sounds pretty cool from what iv read, just wondering if i should buy into the betaGamingVengeance
yeah.... horrible. i like the idea, but almost everything about the game is slightly off. characters graphics are good, but world graphics are horrible combat and controls are actiony but floaty and skill combos dont make any sense animations have lots of particles/are flashy but look extremely awkward dragons are awesome to ride, but the capture mechanic is god awful and it turns into sort of a pokemon grind quests are generic kill X of these, get X of these items TLDR... i am disappoint
ciorlandenis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ciorlandenis
Member since 2012 • 322 Posts

[QUOTE="ciorlandenis"]

Geminon

says the insecure 40 year old virgin who's got penis issues lulz

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Geminon

[QUOTE="Geminon"][QUOTE="ciorlandenis"]

ciorlandenis

says the insecure 40 year old virgin who's got penis issues lulz

apparently i was right. he seems pretty upset about it.
Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

[QUOTE="Whiteblade999"]

No hotkey combat.

nethernova

Is that even possible?

Sure, weapon combat could work like it does in games like War of The Roses / Mount & Blade and Spells could be casted by holding down left / right mousebutton and moving the mouse in a certain pattern, like "Draw a Line Upwards for a Heal Spell" and as complexer and more powerful the magic gets, the more complex is the pattern you would have to draw with the mouse.

Anything is possible with a bit of imagination and creativity.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 vfibsux
[QUOTE="GamingVengeance"]anyone here in the dragons prophet beta? sounds pretty cool from what iv read, just wondering if i should buy into the betaGeminon
yeah.... horrible. i like the idea, but almost everything about the game is slightly off. characters graphics are good, but world graphics are horrible combat and controls are actiony but floaty and skill combos dont make any sense animations have lots of particles/are flashy but look extremely awkward dragons are awesome to ride, but the capture mechanic is god awful and it turns into sort of a pokemon grind quests are generic kill X of these, get X of these items TLDR... i am disappoint

We can agree on this. Was excited to get into this beta, the game is now officially off of my list of things to give a **** about.
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23998 Posts

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] i find it much more interesting when the group ranger has to lay a water field and my thief uses it to blast heals to the whole party (as long as they get there), while someone else uses crowd control on the boss than "dps keeps mashing his macro, tank keeps mashing his macro, healer facerolls heals on tanks, blame healer if fail".BrunoBRS

if GW2 was monthly, i wouldn't be playing, because monthly fees are stupid. GW2 is living proof of it.

What is wrong with monthly fees and how is GW2 living proof that monthly fees are stupid?